PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 on Xbox One (Kinda)

JohnnyFizz
Mar 1, 2016, 03:34 AM
The Title says it all!!!
I got curious one day and had an idea. You know that TV port on the back of your Xbox One, well you can plug your laptop into it as well and use it as a dual screen. The game seems to run fine as well in dual screen mode but I select Second screen only so I don't have 2 screens up. This will be the closest PSO2 can get to being on xbox one if anyone else wants to do this.

landman
Mar 1, 2016, 04:07 AM
Or you could stream it from windows 10 to Xbox One, not sure if it's already available, but I think microsoft announced something like that.

SHiFT-Di3S3L
Mar 1, 2016, 04:18 AM
...why bother? just plug your XB1 controller to the PC's USB port. If you have a laptop, just plug the laptop's HDMI out to the TV, you don't need the XB1 to mediate between the two.

JohnnyFizz
Mar 1, 2016, 04:20 AM
the wireless display feature is still buggy and crashes. It drops frame rate as well when I first tried that and also has a delay. I suggest not to do that.

JohnnyFizz
Mar 1, 2016, 04:27 AM
I bothered because I didn't know if it would work or not but however, like I said this will be the closet we can get to it being on xbox again. I wish sega would make PSU backwards compat and turn the PSU servers on if they don't want PSO2 in America on console.

[Ayumi]
Mar 1, 2016, 05:50 AM
I bothered because I didn't know if it would work or not but however, like I said this will be the closet we can get to it being on xbox again. I wish sega would make PSU backwards compat and turn the PSU servers on if they don't want PSO2 in America on console.

If anything, I rather a PSP2 (or release PSP2i... or Nova) in a remastered form on the consoles and allow online play than ever touch PSU again.

landman
Mar 1, 2016, 06:17 AM
;3336079']If anything, I rather a PSP2 (or release PSP2i... or Nova) in a remastered form on the consoles and allow online play than ever touch PSU again.
I love those fans that hate PSU but like PSU portable edition :wacko:

[Ayumi]
Mar 1, 2016, 12:10 PM

Honestly, it's because it was PSU with more features and better movements.
Sorry that I like PSU 2.0 that has the feeling of both PSU and PSO (somewhat).
The games also felt a bit like a prototype of PSO2.

Stormwalker
Mar 1, 2016, 12:47 PM

PSP2 had major combat improvements over PSU. I liked PSU, but PSP2 was far more fun to play.

Though the game I really wish I could have in large-screen format is Nova.

The Walrus
Mar 1, 2016, 01:04 PM
nova english release never ;-;

Stormwalker
Mar 1, 2016, 01:49 PM
nova english release never ;-;

Phantasy Star anything, English release never again, I suspect.

Even in raw Japanese, I would play the hell out of a PS4 version of Nova. I'd buy a PS4 for it.

They'll never do it, though. It didn't sell that well and it would only steal players from PSO2 where Sega would be making more money off them..

darkante
Mar 1, 2016, 02:23 PM
Nova needs a difficulty check if they are gonna bother.
Anything beyond lv100 is BS.

landman
Mar 1, 2016, 03:06 PM
;3336123']Honestly, it's because it was PSU with more features and better movements.
Sorry that I like PSU 2.0 that has the feeling of both PSU and PSO (somewhat).
The games also felt a bit like a prototype of PSO2.
No, it was PSU with improvements (and downgrades in other things because lolhandheld), what I find funny is the people that go from "omg I hate PSU" to "omg I love PSP2", it's like someone hating PSO and loving PSOBB, or PSO2 launch day vs PSO2 after many updates and rebalances. Of course the latest versions are always more complete.

PSU = PSU vanilla+AOTI+PSP+PSP2+PSP2i

Stormwalker
Mar 1, 2016, 03:14 PM
No, it was PSU with improvements (and downgrades in other things because lolhandheld), what I find funny is the people that go from "omg I hate PSU" to "omg I love PSP2", it's like someone hating PSO and loving PSOBB, or PSO2 launch day vs PSO2 after many updates and rebalances. Of course the latest versions are always more complete.

Honestly, I can totally see how someone could hate PSU and love PSP2. I don't _hate_ PSU, but it's very meh to me because the combat gets old quickly and I hated the crafting system. PSP2 improved the combat a whole lot and ditched the crafting entirely. It was far more enjoyable to play, for me.

[Ayumi]
Mar 1, 2016, 09:57 PM

Well to be fair, even storywise.
I loathed most of the PSU characters (minus Story Beasts (Leo/Liina/Tylor/Tonnio/Laia) Karen, Maya, Lou, and Magashi), in PSP2 I liked everyone except... I forgot his name but the Newman/Beast boy that liked pudding and Chelsea.
EDIT: Also should point out that anyone from PSU I hated I still hated in PSP2, but there weren't many PSU characters in it.