PDA

View Full Version : Why Aren't The Pets Fancy? Will They Become Fancy?

AzureBlaze
Mar 2, 2016, 08:35 PM
As everyone knows...
This game has like, a zillion weapons no one will ever use. Like 400 kinds of spears*, yet people only use maybe a small fraction regularly / as their usual equipment. And that's not even accounting for the "super elitist max damage" people who only use whatever is strongest at the time, then bank it or sell it off after they release just 1 more thing that's like 4 atk more. (And that's fine too)

So why aren't the pets fancy**?
All the weapons are just skins anyway, your guy does the same actions whether the sword is covered in petals & ice cream as when it's made of a flat photon. If they're so into making 3925723 weapons, why not have like...a green Wanda or maybe that bird is on fire? The pet would still do the same thing, (like the weapon) but maybe it's MechaWanda or give the Trim a new hairdo so it becomes more like "yours". Or you could tell apart a wind specializing Wanda from a Fire Wanda on sight.

It just seems odd that we're getting ballistic hamsters or something...
Before we get reskinned pets. Maybe when they get very high level they look different? Or it's something they could add later on. There's loads of mags too, which are all tending toward little 'creatures' or characters, rather than the majority abstract / accessorizing shapes that PSO1 had.

Do you think they will add different looks for pre existing pets?
Do you want them to?

*Not that weapon variety is bad. Just some don't get used because the stats super don't measure up to others, or they have a goofy special that doesn't do much, or the design is just kinda meh.
**Many weapons are 'fancy' in that they are covered in pink, lace, roses, teapots, flowers, desserts or they emit feathers and hearts and such. It seems the designers like "flowery" things, hence the word.

Anduril
Mar 2, 2016, 08:39 PM
I imagine that down the road (maybe closer to a year from now), after they add in a couple more types of pets, they will release camos/appearance change devices for pets.

wefwq
Mar 2, 2016, 08:57 PM
Probably because summoner are just released, just remember how every class that just got released only have "shitty" looking weapon.
Since they disable your mag appearance, i think that there must be some sort of technical limitation of how detailed pet apperance can get.

cheapgunner
Mar 2, 2016, 09:03 PM
Probably because summoner are just released, just remember how every class that just got released only have "shitty" looking weapon.
Since they disable your mag appearance, i think that there must be some sort of technical limitation of how detailed pet apperance can get.

That and you probably can't have both mag and pet out at the same time. Summoner hasn't gotten it's shunka/il megid/OP pet/pet pa's as of yet but in a couple months I'm sure they will get theirs. and Camos could be later down the road too.

Nitro Vordex
Mar 2, 2016, 09:11 PM
Because they're casual. :wacko:

The Walrus
Mar 2, 2016, 09:53 PM
i want a gundam as a pet

Macman
Mar 3, 2016, 02:00 AM
Remember when Braver was new? How there were literally only two 10* of each weapon and you had to be lucky enough to get one of them or you were severely gimped?

Sound familiar? :wacko:

Mio
Mar 3, 2016, 03:18 AM
Remember when Braver was new? How there were literally only two 10* of each weapon and you had to be lucky enough to get one of them or you were severely gimped?

Sound familiar? :wacko:

I remember I found one of the 10* bow I was looking for during the first day of ep2. And then I decided I didn't like Braver enough to play it. Sold that bow for something like 50millions and it was garbage.

Hucast-Kireek
Mar 3, 2016, 03:30 AM
I want a gnarly looking pet, something fierce and demon like.

Anduril
Mar 3, 2016, 03:34 AM
Watch them be cruel and have the way to change a pet's skin be a Candy.

Rakurai
Mar 3, 2016, 04:00 AM
I'd like to at least be able to recolor them.

Macman
Mar 3, 2016, 05:51 AM
Watch them be cruel and have the way to change a pet's skin be a Candy.
Eh, you lose 10 HP, big deal.

GHNeko
Mar 3, 2016, 06:27 AM
inb4thecandyis2x2

vbetts
Mar 3, 2016, 08:37 AM
I would like a camo for pets. That's the only way I will become a summoner.

Not just any camo, this camo!
http://www.rocklinvet.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/210987_f520.jpg

lostinseganet
Mar 3, 2016, 01:34 PM
Since they disable your mag appearance, i think that there must be some sort of technical limitation of how detailed pet apperance can get.They should make these pets the mags

Sesheenku
Mar 3, 2016, 02:41 PM
I just got back and I'm already tired of getting trolled by "special eggs"

Die in a fire eggs.

silo1991
Mar 3, 2016, 03:34 PM
i just hope most of our accesories can be wear by thee pets , imagine the bird with a witch hat :3

sesiom000
Mar 3, 2016, 04:30 PM
They made them cute because majority of japanese player character are kawaii and waifus so they basically made them to appeal those players.

Zorafim
Mar 3, 2016, 04:45 PM
You know, I like cute things. I like cats, and girl scouts, and puppies. They make my heart melt and all that stuff. I've even seen a spider I've wanted to cuddle, so I know my cuteness receptors are still sensitive.
So, I'm confused why I can't understand the japanese version of cute.

Big head? Big eyes? Squat body? I suppose that's a fine interpretation of a cute thing if you're low on time, but does anyone really find them visually appealing?

DRAGONxNOGARD
Mar 3, 2016, 05:59 PM
i want some dragonkin pet and what is name of new inflating pets?

lostinseganet
Mar 3, 2016, 08:16 PM
i just hope most of our accesories can be wear by thee pets , imagine the bird with a witch hat :3That is a great idea.

jooozek
Mar 3, 2016, 09:39 PM
You know, I like cute things. I like cats, and girl scouts, and puppies. They make my heart melt and all that stuff. I've even seen a spider I've wanted to cuddle, so I know my cuteness receptors are still sensitive.
So, I'm confused why I can't understand the japanese version of cute.

Big head? Big eyes? Squat body? I suppose that's a fine interpretation of a cute thing if you're low on time, but does anyone really find them visually appealing?

you just wish your fishes were as smug as sally

Hucast-Kireek
Mar 4, 2016, 02:45 AM
i want some dragonkin pet and what is name of new inflating pets?

Marron and Melon.

Hysteria1987
Mar 4, 2016, 04:06 AM
It's my hope that the character votey thingy will get us a Banther-themed pet (or pet camo). That'd be enough to take me from somewhat disliking Summoners to being Summoner all day erryday.