PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 To Craft or Not to Craft

NeapolitanIceCream
Mar 4, 2016, 02:19 AM
Hello again my fellow gamers. I have another question regarding crafting and its ability to decrease stats rather than increase them. I've read completely conflicting discussions on whether or not it is better to extend certain weapons. Some say it is best to extend weapons below 10* while others say most weapons up to 13* should be extended. There have been people saying that extended weapons deal less damage due to the removal of the minimum dmg stat while others outright ignore it stating that the additional stats outweighs the loss in damage.

Right now I have some fairly new 10*+ weapons sitting around but didn't want to ruin them through inefficient extensions. Is there a comprehensive guide or even experienced opinions on what to or not to extend?

I've also heard that units should not be extended period. I would also like opinions on that as well.

As always thank you in advance for any and all advice.

escarlata
Mar 4, 2016, 02:48 AM
Unless the weapon has a potential which gives at least 16% damage, or great utility, it should not be crafted. Reason being that crafted Red with potential gives 14%-16% unconditional damage, while being cheaper than 10* and 11*. Also, when crafting weapons, always make sure you craft until at least when it uses Silva tier ingredients (ex9 for 7-9*, ex7 for 11*). This fixes their min variance at 80%, which is still respectable.
For units, I personally believe all unit should be crafted to Ex3 or 8. This is due to the special recipe which adds 100 HP or 10 PP a piece. At ex8, the def values also reach a value comparable to uncrafted. You do lose some %resist but the absurd hp/PP bonus makes it worth it

nguuuquaaa
Mar 4, 2016, 02:50 AM
There are 4 types of weapons that people should use:
1. Red weapons. Must be crafted to at least ex9. Good enough to last till you get 13*(s).
2. Off-class weapons. Some need to be crafted for adding classes.
3. 12* with photon booster potential. Cannot be crafted.
4. 13*. Cannot be crafted.

So well, if your weapons are not off-class ones and/or reds, it's advised to just excube every one of them :wacko: except maybe rainbow rod/talis for FO

For units, Saiki, Double and 9* and below units are better crafted, since special crafted units have better stats than default ones.
Assuming 10 HP is equal to 1 PP, the one should be left alone include Guranz, Austere/Invade, Diabo and Bonus Quest set, plus Magatsuhi and P-Drive rear and Orbit leg.

XrosBlader821
Mar 4, 2016, 03:26 PM
3. 12* with photon booster potential. Cannot be crafted.
12* Weps in general cannot be crafted.

TehCubey
Mar 4, 2016, 07:55 PM
Crafting weapons:
Almost all weapons worth using are better uncrafted.
The exception being a few rare under 10* rarity weapons that have really good potentials but need stats to back it up - these can be crafted. Red weapons spring to mind, because their pot explicitly increases damage only when crafted.
10*s are generally weak by the way. It's okay to use them if you have nothing better, but try to get 11* or crafted red weapons as soon as possible instead.

Crafting units:
All units worth using are better crafted. Some are usable noncrafted, others need crafting to be good. But all are better. I have no idea who told you that crafting units isn't worth it, but they were wrong.
Generally by crafting units, people refer to level 3 or 8 special craft - the type that in addition to raw stats provides percentile damage decrease and +10 PP/+100 HP.

Selnia
Mar 6, 2016, 06:46 PM
Simple question, which one are the "Red weapons"? The new 9*, or the red tinted 10* that look like 9* and you get for free from ES quick battle?

I'm asking this because i came back last month after a 2 years stop and been mostly catching up on levels on my classes, everything is still lv65. For now i only spent money on newer 4 affix 10* units, a 5 affix 11* for my main, and a 4 affix multiclass 10* to use when exping sub classes, now, i've been reading about crafting and started playing around with it while doing new arks road stuff i was missing, so i was wondering if i should move from my current stock gear to crafted one.

XrosBlader821
Mar 6, 2016, 06:53 PM
Red Weapons are easy. They are simply called Red *weapon type*
Like Red Sword, Red Gunslash, Red Rod
These were in the game for a long time though. I believe even in Episode 1. They got a Potential to make them useful just recently though. So maybe that's why they weren't on your radar.

nguuuquaaa
Mar 6, 2016, 07:43 PM
Red weapons are area drop weapon series from VH AQ. They are really cheap to grind/affix/buy from player shop, and recently got a new powerful unconditional increase in damage potential (14/15/16%) when crafted, making them better than most non-photon-booster-potential 12* and below. Unlocking it requires photon boosters, and these can be exchange using Challenge Miles or 2016 Badges.

Do note that crafted weapons should be at least silva-tier to be usable, meaning ex9 for 7~9*, ex8 for 10* and ex7 for 11*. Units should be special craft at ex3, ex8 or ex10 for HP or PP.

Selnia
Mar 7, 2016, 05:24 AM
Now that you mention it i remember them, they were added with VH AQ but never really gave them much attention since it was junk at the time. I'll try searching for a decent one in shops later today and start crafting it myself, maybe i'll learn a thing or two while doing so, also, might play around with my old ragne units and craft them to see what happens. Thanks.

Achelousaurus
Mar 7, 2016, 08:39 AM
Just a heads up, to unlock red weapon potentials you need Photon Boosters instead of Spheres.
The boosters come from Challenge mode shop2, which you unlock by completing M4 of the 2nd CQ.
They are cheap and for pot 1 you only need one but for pot 3 you'll need 9 total.
Pot 1 is 14% and pot 2/3 are only 1% more each so pot 1 is ok if you have trouble getting the CM for 9 boosters.

Batty
Mar 13, 2016, 11:40 AM
Hi i had a small question regarding crafting

My main hu uses a órbit set with kaiser, however i made a secondary partizan set using the diabos set with kaiser arm

I wanted to know if it worths crafting the diabo partizan since its 11*

gabor100
Mar 13, 2016, 12:54 PM
Hi i had a small question regarding crafting

My main hu uses a órbit set with kaiser, however i made a secondary partizan set using the diabos set with kaiser arm

I wanted to know if it worths crafting the diabo partizan since its 11*

Search in google for "pso2 partizan" click on the 1st link, scroll down to Diabo Keras.

Look at the numbers, it says 955 atk with +10, 2 lines over that it says max crafted 11★ Partizans have 936.

tl;dr: It's not worth it.

XrosBlader821
Mar 13, 2016, 07:08 PM
It would be only worth it if you were Bo/Hu with Craft Mastery and added Bo as weapon class while crafting.
But only as long as you keep critting (which as Bo/hu isn't hard especially since the skill rings can boost crit rate by 20%).
Other than that you're wasting time and resources.

Batty
Mar 13, 2016, 07:15 PM
interesting though, the wep seems to have been updated; the potential is not longer flickering wave is twilight spear (a nerfed flickering wave) and the +10 stats are 1015, not 955 like cirnopedia and the jap wiki says http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff281/FlamedramonX/diabo_zpsrv9b2zc6.png

raialeus
Mar 13, 2016, 07:22 PM
interesting though, the wep seems to have been updated; the potential is not longer flickering wave is twilight spear (a nerfed flickering wave) and the +10 stats are 1015, not 955

I don't know much about the Pot name translations, but the Diabo spear's Pot has always been Speed Rain boost, 17% at Pot 3.
The 955 is also correct as the Base Weapon stat, the reason why you see 1015 at +10 is because it took Power II and Mark into the calculation, giving you the additional +60 S-ATK.