PDA

View Full Version : Help with patching using arks layer

zero0000000
Mar 5, 2016, 07:42 PM
i downloaded the 33gig torrent, then installed it, then i downloaded and ran the arks layer tweaker.

but when i click "check for PSO2 updates", its takes a few mins to check over 40k files. then downloads 12 new files, then says its done, but when i run the game, only internet explorer pops up with a game guard error:
"How to reinstall the game. Error code 124, 153"

instead, if i click "check for PSO2 updates (new method), it takes only a few seconds to check the files, saying around 39k of the 40k are missing. then starts to download em, i let it run for an hour, and it downloaded 8 gigs. but the folder size is still 33gigs. and if i restart the patch from the beginning it still says 39k missing files.

what am i doing wrong? do i really have to let it patch the 39k files for another 3 hours, after i spent 3 hours downloading the base game torrent?

also i downloaded the english patch, large file english patch, and story english patch. which all seemed to work. and i also set the proxy settings to what this web site gave me:
pso2proxy . cyberkitsune . net

n e help would be much appreciated

edit: also i have the directory set to C:\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2, nd the folder is 33.8 gigs in size

zero0000000
Mar 5, 2016, 08:03 PM
found an almost instant work around. just thought of it now.

i ran the pso2 official patcher, it checked the 40k files in about a min, then patched game guard and booted up to the title screen. now ill try repatching the english pack and try playing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 mins vs 3 hours. i knew itd be better to double check, cuz patching another 30 gigs didnt seem like the answer

Anduril
Mar 5, 2016, 08:10 PM
You will now find that if you try to use the official launcher with the English Patch, it will over write it. There are only two ways to launch the game while maintaining the English patch: the Tweaker, or the .bat method (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3321007&postcount=1). If you keep getting a Gameguard pop-up error with the Tweaker, you can try an older version, like 3.0.6.6 (https://www.sendspace.com/file/0s3f4h).