PDA

View Full Version : SEA Just started

ユウキ゠テルミ
Mar 5, 2016, 11:33 PM
"Hi! I'm currently still downloading PSO2 SEA,
looking for friends to play with, I'm a new account so I'm eligible for the refer a friend program. Give me your 8-digit ID and what ship you're playing. I should be on around 12:30AM 2016 March 06 GMT+8:00"

The text above is void.

edit: I'm now downloading PSO2 JP, planning to play on ship 2.
9.60GB/31.02GB (9:31AM, 2016/3/07)

***Download complete, started playing.

Anduril
Mar 5, 2016, 11:40 PM
There aren't many who play the SEA version here, but welcome; I hope you find someone to play with.

ユウキ゠テルミ
Mar 6, 2016, 12:29 AM
There aren't many who play the SEA version here, but welcome; I hope you find someone to play with.
Thanks! I look forward to play PSO2, the official forum for SEA PSO2 is kinda quiet..

Weiss9029
Mar 6, 2016, 12:34 AM
Thanks! I look forward to play PSO2, the official forum for SEA PSO2 is kinda quiet..
Yes, there is a reason for that

Anduril
Mar 6, 2016, 12:40 AM
From what I recall from when the Block Counter was working, the total population of the SEA server is less that 1000 players.

hoangsea
Mar 6, 2016, 12:40 AM
most of people in this forum play at jp
why you choose sea ? :-?

ユウキ゠テルミ
Mar 6, 2016, 12:47 AM
most of people in this forum play at jp
why you choose sea ? :-?

Damn, I'm already halfway downloading..
Also, I read somewhere on reddit that SEGA JP blocked SEA players; most likely due to their contract with AsiaSoft?

zegun~kun
Mar 6, 2016, 12:59 AM
Damn, I'm already halfway downloading..
Also, I read somewhere on reddit that SEGA JP blocked SEA players; most likely due to their contract with AsiaSoft?

that's exactly why CyberKitsune's PSO2 Proxy exists in the first place
https://pso2proxy.cyberkitsune.net/bluepill/

SteveCZ
Mar 6, 2016, 01:06 AM
You just saved your life by posting here already! :-D

Download the JP version instead (via arks-layer.com if you want the EN patched and can't connect to pso2.jp) and join most of the conversations here.

Have fun. :)

ユウキ゠テルミ
Mar 6, 2016, 01:15 AM
You just saved your life by posting here already! :-D

Download the JP version instead (via arks-layer.com if you want the EN patched and can't connect to pso2.jp) and join most of the conversations here.

Have fun. :)

Thanks! I'm going to go ahead and stop my DL' T_T 10GB out of 20.. took me a whole night..

Crystal_Shard
Mar 6, 2016, 01:42 AM
Thank your good luck you only wasted one night and 10GB of data... and thank goodness that's one less player for AsiaSuck to prey on. The day that the SEA servers finally crash and burn can't come fast enough.

Welcome to PSO 2 and PSOW. Hope you have a good time on the JP server. :3

Meteor Weapon
Mar 6, 2016, 05:50 AM
I wonder if the IP block will go down when PSO2 SEA go down as well.

Tbh, that shit is what stir all sorts of crap to exist between servers in the first place.

ユウキ゠テルミ
Mar 6, 2016, 06:46 AM
Thank your good luck you only wasted one night and 10GB of data... and thank goodness that's one less player for AsiaSuck to prey on. The day that the SEA servers finally crash and burn can't come fast enough.

Welcome to PSO 2 and PSOW. Hope you have a good time on the JP server. :3

Well, I just completed my SEGA ID registration few hours ago, currently still downloading PSO2 JP, what server/ship have higher English speaker population?

phreakerz13
Mar 6, 2016, 06:54 AM
are you malay

ユウキ゠テルミ
Mar 6, 2016, 06:59 AM
are you malay

I'm Chinese

phreakerz13
Mar 6, 2016, 07:11 AM
play ship 2 anyway i'm also from malaysia

Jim
Mar 6, 2016, 08:54 AM
what server/ship have higher English speaker population?

Ship 2, definitely. I see more English speakers than native Japanese people when I play on Ship 2.

AAneko
Mar 6, 2016, 09:27 AM
From what I recall from when the Block Counter was working, the total population of the SEA server is less that 1000 players.

Yes, They have an average population count of 200. It went over 500 with new people when it got the Dark Falz Loser Update but died again in under a week.

NoobSpectre
Mar 6, 2016, 09:51 AM
Go SEA and you will find many ppl playing on JPN berated you for being stupid. And you really have to be one and masochistic to be in there.

Go JPN and you will find people not bothering to carry you, or else pointed you to a path every beginner should follow and when they meet you in those paths they outright call you a leech, live in horror of 816 and hidden discrimination everywhere.

Welcome to Oracle Fleet, where in reality Arks is as crapsack as Darkers.

blkbox11
Mar 6, 2016, 11:12 AM
Go SEA and you will find many ppl playing on JPN berated you for being stupid. And you really have to be one and masochistic to be in there.

Go JPN and you will find people not bothering to carry you, or else pointed you to a path every beginner should follow and when they meet you in those paths they outright call you a leech, live in horror of 816 and hidden discrimination everywhere.

You sound pretty angry at people who play JP, since I've seen you post about JP vs SEA in other topics too. And there's your signature, of course.

What was your personal experience that turned you so bitter?

NoobSpectre
Mar 6, 2016, 11:49 AM
You sound pretty angry at people who play JP, since I've seen you post about JP vs SEA in other topics too. And there's your signature, of course.

What was your personal experience that turned you so bitter?

My personal statement would be: If you wanna play, just play, care less about people's opinion.

Btw, just stating on the facts of how community goes. Not that people aren't allowed to deny though. Wherever you end up, there would be people who hate the game in certain aspects and still continuing to play. Bitterness? I called it cynicism, and my opinion of each server is sarcastic on its own way.

Not that it stops me to check for JPN updates anyway to get thrilled and trolled by SEGA ideas.

Back to angry at JPN server issues.... er not really. The thing is, people will generally bitched SEA, I feel its more interesting if there's a difference in opinion.

Hope that answers the question.

blkbox11
Mar 6, 2016, 12:10 PM
My personal statement would be: If you wanna play, just play, care less about people's opinion.

Btw, just stating on the facts of how community goes. Not that people aren't allowed to deny though. Wherever you end up, there would be people who hate the game in certain aspects and still continuing to play. Bitterness? I called it cynicism, and my opinion of each server is sarcastic on its own way.

Not that it stops me to check for JPN updates anyway to get thrilled and trolled by SEGA ideas.

Back to angry at JPN server issues.... er not really. The thing is, people will generally bitched SEA, I feel its more interesting if there's a difference in opinion.

Hope that answers the question.

Actually, I was asking about your own history with the entire subject - sorry if that wasn't clear. The way you speak sounds like you've had experience with the things you mentioned.

Saenchai
Mar 6, 2016, 12:14 PM
On ship 3 i see also "many" english speaking. Basically one never see JPN ppl talk there in chat. Only english.

SteveCZ
Mar 6, 2016, 06:16 PM

The fact is, playing in PSO2 SEA really is a trap, no matter how much you want to defend it. If you just want to care less of opinion, then why post this?
People who bitched SEA are those who play PSO2SEA itself anyway. The ones who always plays JP even if they live in SEA (and never played PSO2SEA) are more or less complaining nothing but the IP block.

And no, PSO2 SEA also has those people who would not bother to carry you or help beginners, and so is JP. And of course, otherwise. You just happen to fall to a circle of people who wouldn't bother to carry you or help beginners, regardless of which server you are in.
ARKS can be either crapsack as Darkers or angels as Rappies, depend on you. Again, whichever server you are in.

This new guy wants to play PSO2, posting in a forum of people who play PSO2JP, so of course we want them in PSO2 JP to play with us. :wacko:

NoobSpectre
Mar 6, 2016, 06:53 PM
The fact is, playing in PSO2 SEA really is a trap, no matter how much you want to defend it. If you just want to care less of opinion, then why post this?
People who bitched SEA are those who play PSO2SEA itself anyway. The ones who always plays JP even if they live in SEA (and never played PSO2SEA) are more or less complaining nothing but the IP block.

And no, PSO2 SEA also has those people who would not bother to carry you or help beginners, and so is JP. And of course, otherwise. You just happen to fall to a circle of people who wouldn't bother to carry you or help beginners, regardless of which server you are in.
ARKS can be either crapsack as Darkers or angels as Rappies, depend on you. Again, whichever server you are in.

This new guy wants to play PSO2, posting in a forum of people who play PSO2JP, so of course we want them in PSO2 JP to play with us. :wacko:

And the first paragraph itself is already a contradiction. By the way, there are always people who try to badmouth other things to make themselves better (depending on this situation, it would be me, but god forbid if other never played person did not do that.) I did know a few person who escape from JPN to SEA due to... whatever reason that is not 816.

2nd paragraph is a fair point, and really, I did say whether wherever you play.
Third point is valid.

In case my previous post (first) aren't clear, it means that if you are hyped to in, prepare for the horrors that lies ahead. PSO2 is an intended community game, which means you'll see crapload which you'll see in community will be shown here.

SteveCZ
Mar 6, 2016, 07:45 PM
I don't really see anything of it being a contradiction. I'm simply stating the fact that PSO2 SEA is a trap.

To name one, you get less with in-game money due to PSO2SEA having smaller community that simply increases the price of the in-game market items, and therefore the number of scratchers can even be counted, which they can monopoly everything and become a cartel.
This happens in any MMO that has small numbers of players. Less players, less competitions, less supplies, same demand, monopolized/expensive prices. More players, more competitions, more supplies, same demand, cheaper prices. You don't even need to be inside PSO2SEA to realize this.

From this single reason alone, regardless of other specific reasons about PSO2SEA from the SEA escapees or whatever social issues they are facing, There is no reason for me to promote this new player into PSO2SEA.

Konquer
Mar 6, 2016, 07:52 PM
I don't really see anything of it being a contradiction. I'm simply stating the fact that PSO2 SEA is a trap.

To name one, you get less with in-game money due to PSO2SEA having smaller community that simply increases the price of the in-game market items, and therefore the number of scratchers can even be counted, which they can monopoly everything and become a cartel.
This happens in any MMO that has small numbers of players. Less players, less competitions, less supplies, same demand, monopolized/expensive prices. More players, more competitions, more supplies, same demand, cheaper prices. You don't even need to be inside PSO2SEA to realize this.

From this single reason alone, regardless of other specific reasons about PSO2SEA from the SEA escapees or whatever social issues they are facing, There is no reason for me to promote this new player into PSO2SEA.
exactly.

anyway op has decided to play on jp servers. we welcome him wholeheartedly. case closed

wefwq
Mar 6, 2016, 07:54 PM
Asiasoft deserve every single bash for what they did.

arokidaaron
Mar 6, 2016, 07:56 PM
^ This, a total noob trap, one of the CM even said it before. Not to mention management is pretty much is right out fucked, and RMT and resellers control the market so I don't recommend it too.

Seijass
Mar 6, 2016, 11:31 PM
Non-JP servers' business models blatantly violate Japan's own compgacha law (SEA's completion scratch for example), which probably can be freely implemented since they're not in Japan.

Hence why any JP player can't see any benefit of going anywhere else.

Food for thought
watch?v=UOWFvlBPnk4
watch?v=-zsyzHN-EBQ
english wikipedia: Complete_gacha
google "Japan compgacha law"

Zeroem
Mar 6, 2016, 11:57 PM
I would say that both JP and non-JP version has their own poop that's hidden from first-glance basis.

As someone who still play both version; I'd say that community-wise, JP and non-JP are not much different from each other, contrary to what people in general thought about the community. It's just that SEA had this disadvantage of having AS as it's regional publisher.........which is 'unofficially' dubbed as the worst publisher in SEA......except for TH. TW had a better publisher, and I can see why people there are willing to throw lots of money for AC.

In any case, people are free to play at which region they prefer. Going to JP? Go ahead. SEA/TH/TW? Sure, why not.
Just make sure to read the comparison between those servers with a grain of salt, and make the decision yourself.

And this thread derailed into JP vs SEA in a record time. Wow.