PDA

View Full Version : How Far Does The English Patch Go?

ExHumor
Mar 7, 2016, 08:39 AM
Hello all,

haven't posted much in these forums, or if at all, I can't remember. All I know is it's been a while since I've touched PSO2, probably since they IP Banned it "X" amount of years ago. Didn't even have any new classes back then, so, quite a while ago.

Finally after doing quite a bit of research, and "finally" getting past their new lame "Captcha" thanks to these forums of course. Most recent searches I've done on google, either state people are using the Tweaker, and or "ES" which I'm still not quite fully sure what that is yet... So I just used tweaker.

Before anyone gets into the whole AIDA vs Zipzo crap, I don't care about any of that, don't plan on making any purchases in PSO2, because as someone who's played all the previous PSO games, I'm mainly in it for the combat/story.

So my question is, I am using the Tweaker right now, and I'm curious as to how far the "Story English Patch" actually goes. By this I mean, I'm not too sure if I've done something wrong, because quite a few "Story Board" missions aren't translated, and doing some research, I've read that only these "Gold Orbed" quests are translated. Coming back after quite a period of time, and figuring out quite a bit of the story has indeed been translated, are these so called "Gold Orbs" quest the "Main" story? Meaning that everything else that's not translated should just be ignored because it doesn't have much related to the Main Story? Or did I just do something wrong when it came to the Tweaker? I've tried multiple times to reset the patches back into JP, and re-patch the English versions, but some things Cinematic wise, just don't seem to get translated. And no, in the past, I actually hadn't made it too far into PSO 2, I just felt it was more or less boring, and or had real life matters to attent to.

So, any information would be appreciated. Thanks ahead of time. (btw, heard Summoner was the newest class, and I'm loving it!)

Petunia
Mar 7, 2016, 08:43 AM
All of Ep1 and 2, half of Ep3 and the second half of EP3's Story Missions only.

Zeroem
Mar 7, 2016, 08:50 AM
So my question is, I am using the Tweaker right now, and I'm curious as to how far the "Story English Patch" actually goes. By this I mean, I'm not too sure if I've done something wrong, because quite a few "Story Board" missions aren't translated, and doing some research, I've read that only these "Gold Orbed" quests are translated. Coming back after quite a period of time, and figuring out quite a bit of the story has indeed been translated, are these so called "Gold Orbs" quest the "Main" story? Meaning that everything else that's not translated should just be ignored because it doesn't have much related to the Main Story? Or did I just do something wrong when it came to the Tweaker? I've tried multiple times to reset the patches back into JP, and re-patch the English versions, but some things Cinematic wise, just don't seem to get translated. And no, in the past, I actually hadn't made it too far into PSO 2, I just felt it was more or less boring, and or had real life matters to attent to.

Depending on which episode the gold orb located at.
Up until the end of Episode 2, 95% of the gold orbs are translated (still find some that are not translated).

I think something happened, and i just got this impression that the gold orbs are going lower in the team's translation priority and more on the Story Mission itself starting from EP3.

As of Story Mode......eh just give them some time. it's not like you can't use google translate to understand the basic gist of what's happening. And the forum's discussing about the story as well.

ExHumor
Mar 7, 2016, 09:44 AM
Okay, so I just got to something that's "Gold Colored" where I met Hitsurigi, should his translation be in English when I meet him in the Cutscene? Or is this not translated. This is what I'm having trouble with.

It was on th "Event Board' i believe, and accepted through the Bridge. This is why I'm wondering if I've done something wrong with the Tweaker.

Zysets
Mar 7, 2016, 09:46 AM
Oh you're playing Episode 4, I really doubt they'll get started on Episode 4 until they finish up Episodes 1-3. Nothing wrong on your end, just translations aren't quite there yet.

Episode 4 uses the Story Board, which is set up differently and much more linear than the original Matter Boards for 1-3.

ExHumor
Mar 7, 2016, 10:01 AM
Oh you're playing Episode 4, I really doubt they'll get started on Episode 4 until they finish up Episodes 1-3. Nothing wrong on your end, just translations aren't quite there yet.

Episode 4 uses the Story Board, which is set up differently and much more linear than the original Matter Boards for 1-3.

What? How am I playing Episode 4? I just started brand new? Surely these Episodes don't go by that quickly, right? I mean I've even watched some of PSO Animation, but, I just figured I'd go through episode to episode, and chapter, to chapter, I mean I'm still In chapter 1, how is it possible I'm in episode 4 already? I'm terribly confused at this point. I was basically on the bridge accepting quests and what not, and from what I remember before we had to talk to some scientist chick on the second floor to get our "Matter board' whatever happened to that?

Cause honestly, it does feel like I'm in Episode 4 right now, but I'm only a lvl 26 summoner, so it kinda feel impossible I'd be "this far" into the game.

Zeroem
Mar 7, 2016, 10:14 AM
What? How am I playing Episode 4? I just started brand new? Surely these Episodes don't go by that quickly, right? I mean I've even watched some of PSO Animation, but, I just figured I'd go through episode to episode, and chapter, to chapter, I mean I'm still In chapter 1, how is it possible I'm in episode 4 already? I'm terribly confused at this point. I was basically on the bridge accepting quests and what not, and from what I remember before we had to talk to some scientist chick on the second floor to get our "Matter board' whatever happened to that?

Cause honestly, it does feel like I'm in Episode 4 right now, but I'm only a lvl 26 summoner, so it kinda feel impossible I'd be "this far" into the game.

All characters (new and old) started on EP4 as of January; though advance the story mode a little, and you can go back to EP1-3 on character select menu (if you re-login or switching characters).

schnee4
Mar 7, 2016, 10:26 AM
maybe go far of taking you money?
hehe..

Zysets
Mar 7, 2016, 12:50 PM

Like Zeroem said, all new characters start from Episode 4 as of January, and you can go back to Episodes 1-3 after you finish a few sections of the story board.

Episode 4 is the start of a new story, which while connected to 1-3, isn't directly related.

ExHumor
Mar 7, 2016, 04:27 PM
Oh sweet, just showed up a bit ago where I can change episodes. Thanks everyone, I appreciate it.

One more question, is there an option to view previous cutsceneces in PSO2? Considering I kinda screwed myself over a little bit, and being 27 already, I'd rather remake a character now, then finally get to lvl 75, and not know what is going on in episode 4, though, suppose I could just watch some videos up until where I am.

ZER0 DX
Mar 7, 2016, 04:58 PM
You can review any previously viewed scene in Ep 4 by re-selecting the nodes on the story board while in the bridge area, and in Ep 1-3 by using the event chronicle in your characters room.

kurokyosuke
Mar 7, 2016, 10:13 PM
Since it was such a tiny part of your post, it seems people ignored the "ES" part.

PSO2es is the mobile phone version of the game. Although it has a different story and playstyle to the original game, your account can still be linked between both versions. You can also acquire a few items unique to PSO2es that can be used in the original game, and is also the best way to buy AC (Android version only, not iPhone), as you can do it with your credit card or a PayPal account since it goes through Google Wallet to make the purchase and has no mark-up. Although you don't plan on making any purchases, it's good to know about this in the unlikely event that you do.

P.S. Item Pack capacity increase is probably the best investment in this game, since it's permanent (can carry up to 150 items in your inventory at a time). And if you plan on using multiple class "types (i.e. melee, ranged, or tech)" on a single character, then you're gimping yourself a bit with a single Mag. Also, Forces lose out on a lot of potential DPS without additional Skill Trees.
If any or all of these aren't a concern of yours, that's fine; you're free to play however you want (unless you're pulling down entire 12-man groups, in which case, people will actively try to chase you out).

LordKaiser
Mar 7, 2016, 11:18 PM
Since it was such a tiny part of your post, it seems people ignored the "ES" part.

PSO2es is the mobile phone version of the game. Although it has a different story and playstyle to the original game, your account can still be linked between both versions. You can also acquire a few items unique to PSO2es that can be used in the original game, and is also the best way to buy AC (Android version only, not iPhone), as you can do it with your credit card or a PayPal account since it goes through Google Wallet to make the purchase and has no mark-up. Although you don't plan on making any purchases, it's good to know about this in the unlikely event that you do.

P.S. Item Pack capacity increase is probably the best investment in this game, since it's permanent (can carry up to 150 items in your inventory at a time). And if you plan on using multiple class "types (i.e. melee, ranged, or tech)" on a single character, then you're gimping yourself a bit with a single Mag. Also, Forces lose out on a lot of potential DPS without additional Skill Trees.
If any or all of these aren't a concern of yours, that's fine; you're free to play however you want (unless you're pulling down entire 12-man groups, in which case, people will actively try to chase you out).Also you can use Googleplay cards [SPOILER-BOX]http://cdn1.tnwcdn.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2013/03/Google-Play-Gift-Cards-520x269.png[/SPOILER-BOX] So not even a credit card or Paypal is requiered.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://cyberart.co/images/cache/Google-Play-Gift-Card_US_00.800.gif[/SPOILER-BOX]

Hysteria1987
Mar 7, 2016, 11:43 PM
P.S. Item Pack capacity increase is probably the best investment in this game, since it's permanent (can carry up to 150 items in your inventory at a time).Did this get bumped up in the last storage update or something? Could have sworn the old cap was 100... In which case, I got some shopping to do.

kurokyosuke
Mar 7, 2016, 11:44 PM
Yeah, EP4's release increased it from 100 to 150.

Anduril
Mar 7, 2016, 11:47 PM
Yeah, EP4's release increased it from 100 to 150.
And, unfortunately, they removed the 5-ticket discount bundle from the normal lineup (they had it as a "promotional, discounted item" for a little while right after Ep.4 launched, and it was then removed completely), so it costs just a bit more to get from 50 to 150 slots.