PDA

View Full Version : Character Vote Midline Result

sparab
Mar 7, 2016, 12:09 PM
http://pso2.jp/players/event/pso15anniversary/charavote/#voteTab

Normally we are to receive weapons of the vote winners, but matoi's clarisa is already in game so is loser's talis (minus the invisible one in story 3-5). Wonder what do they plan to give out this year? Voice ticket would be nice

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up181075.jpg
http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up181077.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

yoshiblue
Mar 7, 2016, 12:17 PM
Maybe they'll become camos for our summoner pets. :wacko:

TehCubey
Mar 7, 2016, 12:27 PM
Persona second place in both categories? I knew people who play this game have bad taste and I'm still disappointed.

Poyonche
Mar 7, 2016, 12:32 PM
If Persona win I really hope they will finally release a Persona Repca. Otherwise i would be disappointed.

Xion14Blade
Mar 7, 2016, 12:32 PM
Man people don't like Double huh :c

Poyonche
Mar 7, 2016, 12:39 PM
(Spoiler from EP3 CH5 and 6)They ate the MC at a moment of the story and almost turned us into Profound Darkness. So I understand why nobody like Double. :wacko:

wefwq
Mar 7, 2016, 12:41 PM
Persona being bad boy hogging all places as usual i see.

Man people don't like Double huh :c
I don't really like the way they talk or act in general.
Their falz form (both form) not really fun to fight, it's rather annoying tbh.

Story wise, i'd say double are an colossal asshole, so that's triple minus points for double from me.

PokeminMaster
Mar 7, 2016, 12:47 PM
I'm really hoping [Persona] manages to win both categories, but I can't see them overcoming either Matoi nor Luther lol

D-Inferno
Mar 7, 2016, 01:00 PM
Persona and PD need to win for all three. We might just get some Cali stones as a reward!

Xion14Blade
Mar 7, 2016, 01:02 PM
I don't really like the way they talk or act in general.
Their falz form (both form) not really fun to fight, it's rather annoying tbh.

Story wise, i'd say double are an colossal asshole, so that's triple minus points for double from me.

It's all part of their charm to me. But ah well, can understand why people don't like them.

Sizustar
Mar 7, 2016, 01:06 PM
Kuna is in third place again...

And Persona in 2nd place is intentional by 2ch palyers

Zorua
Mar 7, 2016, 01:14 PM
Kuna is in third place again...

Tfw my waifu will never win

TaiDono
Mar 7, 2016, 01:25 PM
Tfw my waifu will never win

tfw quna's outfit is so weird

Kappa

sparab
Mar 7, 2016, 02:00 PM
Story wise, i'd say double are an colossal asshole

And so is EP2 loser but fans made him a clown instead

TaigaUC
Mar 7, 2016, 02:16 PM
They could always give us Matoi's new outfit.

yoshiblue
Mar 7, 2016, 02:18 PM
Maybe this one will come with bishi sparkles or something?

Achelousaurus
Mar 7, 2016, 02:58 PM
Matoi 1st place. WTF Japan?

PokeminMaster
Mar 7, 2016, 03:13 PM
Matoi 1st place. WTF Japan?
She's quite popular with people I know as well, whom are mostly from the Americas and Europe, so I guess I can see it

Punisher106
Mar 7, 2016, 03:23 PM
To be honest, I do hope Persona wins. I want their outfit badly for my Duman. And let's face it, a lot of us who have played PSO since the dreamcast have always been thinking "What would happen if the PC became Falz?" Persona's our answer.

Xaeris
Mar 7, 2016, 03:34 PM
The story goes to a lot of trouble to endear Matoi to the player, culminating with you basically betting all existence on a chance to rescue her from fate. That effort is bound to pay off on some people.

Stormwalker
Mar 7, 2016, 04:41 PM
I didn't like Matoi initially - didn't hate her, but was relatively indifferent. The trip to the past, seeing her for who she was, changed that. And towards the end of Episode 3, we started seeing signs of that person from the past in the present Matoi. So I really wish they'd hurry up and re-introduce her for Ep. 4 so we can see her continue to grow into the person she will be, who I hope will show us the strength of her past along with the willingness to think for herself of her present.

Shunx
Mar 7, 2016, 05:00 PM
Can I just have this as a costume:

[SPOILER-BOX]http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?plugin=attach&refer=%E7%99%BB%E5%A0%B4NPC%2F%E3%83%9E%E3%83%88%E 3%82%A4&openfile=%E3%83%9E%E3%83%88%E3%82%A4%EF%BC%88%E6%B 7%B1%E9%81%A0%E5%8C%96%EF%BC%92.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

yoshiblue
Mar 7, 2016, 05:05 PM
15 ragol memories. Because they can.

Stormwalker
Mar 7, 2016, 05:12 PM

[SPOILER-BOX]http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?plugin=attach&refer=%E7%99%BB%E5%A0%B4NPC%2F%E3%83%9E%E3%83%88%E 3%82%A4&openfile=%E3%83%9E%E3%83%88%E3%82%A4%EF%BC%88%E6%B 7%B1%E9%81%A0%E5%8C%96%EF%BC%92.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

I'd just like to have her current one. First costume she's had that I liked.

sparab
Mar 7, 2016, 05:32 PM
Matoi's new costume is a layerwear, which comes as a bonus item for some physical packages and I don't like their heels

Xaeris
Mar 7, 2016, 05:36 PM
Matoi's new costume is a layerwear, which comes as a bonus item for some physical packages and I don't like their heels

Noooooooooooo [/Vader]

kurokyosuke
Mar 7, 2016, 09:45 PM
Chances are, Matoi winning will get us her new Clarissa as a weapon camo:
[spoiler-box]http://blog-imgs-89.fc2.com/s/h/i/ship97/201511070337215da.jpg
http://blog-imgs-89.fc2.com/s/h/i/ship97/201511070312331b3.jpg
http://blog-imgs-89.fc2.com/s/h/i/ship97/20151107031339d15.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Zeroem
Mar 7, 2016, 09:53 PM
I guess all those shoe-horned moments when 'we have to care for Matoi because.....reasons!' move from the story writer finally paid off.
I see that as a really weird case of Stockholm Syndrome.

I'm between surprised and not surprised to see Persona on second place, though

Sayara
Mar 7, 2016, 10:49 PM
He and She should win both prizes because fuccccck all these other NPCs

Kondibon
Mar 7, 2016, 11:10 PM
I didn't like Matoi initially - didn't hate her, but was relatively indifferent. The trip to the past, seeing her for who she was, changed that. And towards the end of Episode 3, we started seeing signs of that person from the past in the present Matoi. So I really wish they'd hurry up and re-introduce her for Ep. 4 so we can see her continue to grow into the person she will be, who I hope will show us the strength of her past along with the willingness to think for herself of her present.This is pretty much how I feel about her too. I can see why people don't like her, but I feel like they aren't giving her character development credit.

Hysteria1987
Mar 7, 2016, 11:15 PM
Soooo... Do we not have the enemy results then? I'm at work at the moment so I'm a bit limited in what I can see.

One of these days I'm gonna have to start a SU to cap for that kinda-sorta-average class bonus- this will, of course, be much easier if my pet was a Fang Banther.

Xion14Blade
Mar 7, 2016, 11:19 PM
Soooo... Do we not have the enemy results then? I'm at work at the moment so I'm a bit limited in what I can see.

Here's the entire list
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.4cdn.org/vg/1457379785695.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

The enemy rankings are kinda understandable, other than the 3rd one. I don't even know man.

Hysteria1987
Mar 7, 2016, 11:48 PM
Cheers yo. Kind of surprised people weren't talking about them, then! :p maybe it's just me, but I really don't find Matoi or Persona or any of that interesting at all, the monsters are where it's at for me.

I understand the first two too, though I'm a bit disappointed in their choice... But I voted for Quartz :p that thing just looks cool. Shame about the Banthers, though...

NephyrisX
Mar 7, 2016, 11:54 PM
The Quartz is essentially a jet fighter ramming dragon. What's not to love about it?

Zyrusticae
Mar 8, 2016, 01:04 AM
Figures that the most story-important NPCs show up at the top 3.

Io and Katori, nice as they are, simply cannot compete with the amount of screen time they get. It's not even a fair competition, really. (Eucrita being #4 is kind of a wildcard though. How much of that is just from the recency effect?)

Poyonche
Mar 8, 2016, 01:33 AM
Double girl is 12th
Double boy is 10th
Dark Falz Double is 16th

Yep, nobody like Double. :wacko:

Kondibon
Mar 8, 2016, 01:52 AM
(Eucrita being #4 is kind of a wildcard though. How much of that is just from the recency effect?)
People were all over her ever since she first showed up in episode 1 as far as I know.

Xaeris
Mar 8, 2016, 02:05 AM
Yeah, people have been drawing fanart of Eucreta (or Apprentice, rather) for a while now. Her popularity doesn't surprise me at all. One of my favorite pieces (be warned, it's an actual spoiler):

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/rsFDyk3.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Kondibon
Mar 8, 2016, 02:11 AM
Relevant. http://i.imgur.com/K28EplO.jpg

Sizustar
Mar 8, 2016, 02:50 AM

Probabely not for awhile.
The DF Persona, Elder, Apprentice should have outfit eventually, since their outfit icon was found in the last stuff, none for Matoi's DF outfit if I remember.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nrrIUbmE34"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nrrIUbmE34

Achelousaurus
Mar 8, 2016, 03:03 AM
So, ontop of Matoi's costume being BULLSHIT layer wear, you can also only get it if you spend enough AC for arbitrary shit Sega decides?
Sega / 10

ArcaneTechs
Mar 8, 2016, 03:09 AM
Probabely not for awhile.
The DF Persona, Elder, Apprentice should have outfit eventually, since their outfit icon was found in the last stuff, none for Matoi's DF outfit if I remember.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nrrIUbmE34
which dance is this? ty

SilenWhisper
Mar 8, 2016, 04:08 AM
Ppl voted themselves enough to reach 2nd place.This is where I should start complaining about the playerbase but I grew tired of it plus there's no point so...
PSO2 playerbase logic.

Sizustar
Mar 8, 2016, 04:18 AM
which dance is this? ty

Dance 35 I think?

loafhero
Mar 8, 2016, 06:11 AM
I'm pretty satisfied with the results.

I happen to really like Matoi's character but I didn't so at first. EP1 sort of felt like she's a really forced love interest/BFF/Surrogate Daughter/Sibling to the PC. It didn't help that she had absolutely no important role at all in EP1 making you wonder why we should care for her. EP2 and EP3 improved upon that immensely which made her a lot more endearing. I also like how her dialogues are written in a way that makes her feelings for the silent PC ambiguous enough that we could interpret Matoi and the PC's relationship however we want.... that, and I really like her post-EP3 outfit :-P

So Persona is 2nd best waifu/husbando, eh? I'm cool with that. Its actually pretty flattering when you think about it :D

I too hate Double. Their incredibly annoying and their laughter/giggling can drive you nuts. In the story, it never really feels like we actually beat Double. No matter what Matoi and the PC do, Double always manages to get the last laugh in the end which makes defeating them feel very unsatisfying.

Xion14Blade
Mar 8, 2016, 07:02 AM
Well RIP all the Double fans out there qwq

NephyrisX
Mar 8, 2016, 07:52 AM
Well RIP all the Double fans out there qwq

Double has fans?

Kondibon
Mar 8, 2016, 08:16 AM
Double has fans?I like their concept if that counts for anything.

Tenlade
Mar 8, 2016, 08:39 AM
I like their concept if that counts for anything.

Same, they're actually pretty unique boss fights that arent horrible. who knows, maybe they'll one day end up like luther and elder, who became more interesting when they're not being written to constantly move the plot forward.

gabor100
Mar 8, 2016, 08:56 AM
I don't understand why we can vote for Double/Persona/Luther/Yucrita but not for dark skin Apprentice.

Stormwalker
Mar 8, 2016, 10:27 AM
Pleased to see Quartz come in at #3 on the enemy rankings. As someone who prefers single-party content over MPA content, and who likes to solo/duo a lot, Quartz remains one of my favorite boss fights, even now.

sparab
Mar 8, 2016, 10:46 AM
Oldprentice is bond to be more popular than double, so no

Xion14Blade
Mar 8, 2016, 10:49 AM
Double has fans?

Well they're cute. And also the only Dark Falz who is actually working towards the true purpose of all the Dark Falzes, reviving profound darkness

Pretty sadistic as well too.

DRAGONxNOGARD
Mar 8, 2016, 11:16 AM
GO GO PD I BELIVE IN YOU

Achelousaurus
Mar 8, 2016, 11:50 AM
I too hate Double. Their incredibly annoying and their laughter/giggling can drive you nuts. In the story, it never really feels like we actually beat Double. No matter what Matoi and the PC do, Double always manages to get the last laugh in the end which makes defeating them feel very unsatisfying.
I thought that scene was fucking amazing. Kinda always the same with this game. One moment it's awesome as fuck, next moment Sega gets stoned again and implements one of their retarded updates.
Oh there is one good reason to like Double: Kugimiya. I love her voice when she doesn#t do her generic tsundere loli.

D-Inferno
Mar 8, 2016, 03:21 PM
[Double] isn't doing well because they ended up being a disappointing boss that was basically sidelined by PD.

SilkaN
Mar 8, 2016, 03:31 PM
Well they're cute.

What did you drink

give me some of that stuff

Pyromaster
Mar 8, 2016, 05:09 PM
Persona voice P L E A S E

Tenlade
Mar 8, 2016, 06:15 PM
Persona voice P L E A S E
Only if we also get the suit. In fact, i've just wanted the suit for 3 years.

Para
Mar 8, 2016, 06:25 PM
Im riding that Eucrita train!

Sizustar
Mar 8, 2016, 07:58 PM
Only if we also get the suit. In fact, i've just wanted the suit for 3 years.

The outfit and icon are already in game, along with Elder and Apprentice, so we should get it in the next few update

Tenlade
Mar 8, 2016, 09:51 PM
The outfit and icon are already in game, along with Elder and Apprentice, so we should get it in the next few update

persona's outfit icon has been in the data since he first showed up years ago, so dont take it as evidence as to when they're going to add it.

sparab
Mar 8, 2016, 11:20 PM
DF costume will be bonus item for their next physical product, no doubt

loafhero
Mar 9, 2016, 01:06 AM
I thought that scene was fucking amazing. Kinda always the same with this game. One moment it's awesome as fuck, next moment Sega gets stoned again and implements one of their retarded updates.
Oh there is one good reason to like Double: Kugimiya. I love her voice when she doesn#t do her generic tsundere loli.
I agree. Rie Kugimiya's voice acting was excellent as always.

As for Double, while them being the only Dark Falz that actually wants to revive PD is interesting, they lack any of the endearing traits that the other Falzes had on top of not having much of a backstory besides being plain evil. For example, Luther/Loser was a pretty interesting and charismatic villain with an interesting motive on top having as much history with ARKS as Elder did. Then we have Elder who, although we never find out how Elder was like prior to possessing Gettemhart, was entertaining because of how despite being a supposed entity of mass destruction, he is somehow less of an asshole than Gettemhart. Elder was surprisingly more honourable, less crazy sounding, and a lot less annoying than Gettemhart. You could say that transforming into Elder was a huge personality improvement for Gettemhart :D

I found the concept of Dark Falzes adopting their hosts personality traits to be very interesting and was disappointed that it was never explained why Double is the only Dark Falz to stay true to their original goal. Is it because children don't have much ambition and are too immature that made it easy for Double to not lose sight of their goal? Who knows.

DRAGONxNOGARD
Mar 9, 2016, 11:28 AM
I BELIVE THAT YOU WILL WIN IT [PROFOUND DARKNESS] KEEP BE 1ST I WANT YOUR MAG DEVICE OR VOICE TICKET OR SOMETHINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[SPOILER-BOX]http://s28.postimg.org/gcnq84ii5/image.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

DRAGONxNOGARD
Mar 9, 2016, 11:34 AM
anyway i dont see nothink to hate [Double]

DRAGONxNOGARD
Mar 23, 2016, 07:21 AM
who won? after 3. 22. 16:00?

sparab
Mar 23, 2016, 10:36 AM
They won't release the results until weeks after