PDA

View Full Version : CYOA Assistance required.

PhotonDrop
Mar 7, 2016, 03:12 PM
Please tell me that I don't need to buy the Sammy Keyboard/Controller for the Gamecube.
Tell me it's pointless since I don't even play online anymore!
Tell me it's a waste of money to buy something for the sake of having it!

Zorafim
Mar 7, 2016, 03:30 PM
Any game which requires a keyboard on the gamecube can be played better on the PC.

PhotonDrop
Mar 7, 2016, 03:48 PM
That's not the question, Mr.Zorafim! :disapprove:

yoshiblue
Mar 7, 2016, 04:03 PM
I want to own it too but I don't want to fork over that much money for one either. If only I had a time machine to go back into the past. You won't really use it online these days, since it isn't much of thing for the game anymore. May be cheaper to custom make one.

PhotonDrop
Mar 7, 2016, 04:38 PM
I don't intend to use it. I want it for the sake of saying I have it. An interesting talking piece to put on display. It's awfully expensive but not so much that it completely dissuades that desire. It's torture!

Sayara
Mar 7, 2016, 04:38 PM
You want the sammy controller.

yoshiblue
Mar 7, 2016, 04:39 PM
"Oh yes, I own this rare controller that was only used by one game. An excellent purchase I must say."

Not as bad as I remember though. Thought it was $200 originally.

PhotonDrop
Mar 7, 2016, 04:51 PM
It has come down quite a bit. The temptation is strong and Tingle is no help at all!

SpikeOtacon
Mar 7, 2016, 04:54 PM
Buy it.

I still have my Dreamcast keyboard, don't see myself getting rid of it. Such a fun little oddity to have around in my collection.

Zorafim
Mar 7, 2016, 05:13 PM
You can't put a price on a conversation piece, so I can't tell you it's a poor investment. All I can say is that you won't ever find a good use for it.

PhotonDrop
Mar 7, 2016, 05:26 PM
Ooh, you guys! :disapprove:

Zorafim
Mar 7, 2016, 05:31 PM
If you just want it to say you have it, you could say you have it without buying it.

Outrider
Mar 7, 2016, 05:48 PM
You should buy it.

Now I really want to buy it and break it out next time I have people over to play Smash Bros.

How much does it go for now?

PhotonDrop
Mar 7, 2016, 05:53 PM
There are quite a few options on Amazon. I've been starting at some that come up to $80 total, though that's for used with no guarantee it'll have the box it came in.

Outrider
Mar 7, 2016, 07:33 PM
There are quite a few options on Amazon. I've been starting at some that come up to $80 total, though that's for used with no guarantee it'll have the box it came in.

Ahhh I remember when they were so much more than that.

I would definitely be concerned about the condition it's in, considering it's a friggin' keyboard stuck between two halves of a Gamecube controller, y'know? It would stink to spend $80 on this weird piece of gaming history and find out a bunch of the keys are broken or whatever.

Dragwind
Mar 7, 2016, 07:47 PM
Buy me plz ;_;
http://www.gamesniped.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Nintendo-Game-Cube-SAMMY-KEYBOARD-CONTROLLER-GC-Japan-Phantasy-Star-Online-3-300x225.jpg

PhotonDrop
Mar 7, 2016, 09:04 PM
I would definitely be concerned about the condition it's in, considering it's a friggin' keyboard stuck between two halves of a Gamecube controller, y'know? It would stink to spend $80 on this weird piece of gaming history and find out a bunch of the keys are broken or whatever.

I've heard that Japanese resellers can be extremely attentive to their items. Granted this was more about statues and figurines, but I figure the basic principle still applies.

Still, it is worth taking into consideration.

Buy me plz ;_;

Gah D:

Noblewine
Mar 7, 2016, 09:22 PM
It has come down quite a bit. The temptation is strong and Tingle is no help at all!

Embrace your inner nerd. The more you try to resist you can't refuse it.

Anduril
Mar 7, 2016, 09:25 PM
You should just follow the same advice I do:
"The light is burning me, the light will take me home."

Wait...

I mean, if you can think of a more productive use for the money, it might not be worth the cost. If there isn't, stop thinking and go for it.

PhotonDrop
Mar 7, 2016, 09:43 PM
You should just follow the same advice I do:
"The light is burning me, the light will take me home."

Wait...

I mean, if you can think of a more productive use for the money, it might not be worth the cost. If there isn't, stop thinking and go for it.

Now we're talking. You're officially my best friend as of right now.

Anduril
Mar 7, 2016, 10:05 PM
Now we're talking. You're officially my best friend as of right now.
As a person who has to weigh the cost of every purchase I make with my measly wages, I live to serve.

Sayara
Mar 7, 2016, 10:34 PM

When was I ever helpful

PhotonDrop
Mar 8, 2016, 04:16 AM
When was I ever helpful

It used to be your pride as a FO. ;)

Outrider
Mar 8, 2016, 01:24 PM
Okay, now that that's settled...

When are you going to buy the Gamecube Chainsaw controller?

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--NY2OCHd_--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/1521451605875779987.jpg

PhotonDrop
Mar 8, 2016, 02:34 PM
That one doesn't have the same appeal. PSO was a good part of my life, Resident Evil doesn't have that going for it. Though if I ever decide to make a collection of wacky gimmick controllers, that'll be at the top of my list, followed by the Dragon Quest Slime controller, and the Onimusha 3 katana. :wacko: