PDA

View Full Version : Gathering, embrace reborned PSO2 experience!

sparab
Mar 9, 2016, 12:13 AM
New experience! Pick up (literal) garbage in the streets!
http://www.4gamer.net/games/120/G012075/20160304043/SS/030.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

...and embrace your storage with these new [S]garbageitems!
ナベルロック
ウォパルロック
海岸塩
アースロック
森林エメラルド
遺跡アメジスト
海岸サファイア
東京オパール
森林トマト
遺跡タマネギ
東京ワサビ
ナベルダケ
遺跡ブドウ
海岸オリーブ
森林米
遺跡麦
東京大豆
ウォパルシェル
アキビン
森林アユ
森林マグロ
森林ブリ
遺跡キンメダイ
遺跡サケ
海岸ハギ
ウォパルシャーク
東京マグロ
東京マダイ
アースシェル
海岸アサリ
海岸ムール貝
遺跡エビ
東京エビ
プチ・ロドス
アキカン
ナベルタートル[/SPOILER-BOX]

Separate stamina bars are used when fishing and gathering. When stamina is depleted, you can wait for them to recharge, use recovery items from gathering titles, or simply grab a (AC) stamina drink!
You will receive a discount when purchasing stamina drink for 1-9 times. After that, the drink price will increase gradually (price resets daily at 0am).
Stamina bars are also refilled when your gathering level goes up [s]just like es

Can't gather rare ingredients? Do not fear; purchase your [SUPER] pickaxe and fishing rod now and become a master gatherer!
You will buy 7 of these items as a bundle, because it is lucky!

Flaoc
Mar 9, 2016, 12:15 AM
another way for sega to just try to scam people. yep @stamina drink

Xaeris
Mar 9, 2016, 12:18 AM
I'm not really expecting there to be much pressure to buy the AC drinks. The game throws so much liliparium at us that I can't imagine anyone's ever felt the need to reset crafting lines via AC. Going off that precedent, I'm expecting the game to provide us with similar items either now or in the near future.

Zeroem
Mar 9, 2016, 12:28 AM
Witholding judgement until I experiencing the content myself. Because first-glance basis are not always right.

I just hope this is not abandoned as soon as they see if this feature are not popular within players.

Tenlade
Mar 9, 2016, 12:29 AM
I'm not really expecting there to be much pressure to buy the AC drinks. The game throws so much liliparium at us that I can't imagine anyone's ever felt the need to reset crafting lines via AC. Going off that precedent, I'm expecting the game to provide us with similar items either now or in the near future.

its like charging ac for feeding your pet past its limit. that limit has existed since mags in pso1 and put in there for balance but hey, if you're rich and obsessive enough that you have to have the max stats at day one, Sega isnt going to say no to your money.

also the google auth campaign already includes free stamina drinks so....

wefwq
Mar 9, 2016, 01:00 AM
This reeks of mobile game business model, it's disgusting.

EvilMag
Mar 9, 2016, 01:08 AM
I'll be looking forward to this getting abandoned just like PA crafting

Zorua
Mar 9, 2016, 01:11 AM
I'll be looking forward to this getting abandoned just like PA crafting

Mashable flash thousand never ;~;

pkemr4
Mar 9, 2016, 01:19 AM

what did you think the survey was for?

arkeido
Mar 9, 2016, 01:22 AM
2.9 Stamina recover/minute (based on rough calculation)
http://i.imgur.com/H8TDsao.png

Tenlade
Mar 9, 2016, 01:28 AM

funny enough ES's energy system isn't even that bad, since you get free energy refill every level up /can beat quests to get a rappy medal, then spend that medal to refill your energy to do more quests for more medals. (and sega just likes any excuse to dump rappy medals and the EQ energy refills on you with promotions.)

elryan
Mar 9, 2016, 02:11 AM
Isn't the point of farming system is to actually have something to do while you're walking through a dungeon?

I mean, you're not expected to farm non-stop. That stamina system is in place to prevent non-stop farming.

People are complaining about dungeons are linear and boring and bland. Now you have something to do to make your dungeon runs NOT linear and boring and bland.

Kondibon
Mar 9, 2016, 02:17 AM
Isn't the point of farming system is to actually have something to do while you're walking through a dungeon?

I mean, you're not expected to farm non-stop. That stamina system is in place to prevent non-stop farming.

People are complaining about dungeons are linear and boring and bland. Now you have something to do to make your dungeon runs NOT linear and boring and bland.
It's not necessarily the same people making both complaints.

Aine
Mar 9, 2016, 02:19 AM
yay more chores

nevershootme
Mar 9, 2016, 03:16 AM
Jeebus, there are 2 Left Rings that require 15 lambda grinders to obtain one!

final_attack
Mar 9, 2016, 03:18 AM
Gathering's Stamina is per character it seems :wacko:

Rakurai
Mar 9, 2016, 03:21 AM
I had a feeling this would be another reason to have tons of characters.

It's probably more economical to just buy more character slots then to spend AC on stamina refills.

steverowland
Mar 9, 2016, 03:21 AM
can you buy all the stuff people collect? If so I will just have people collect it for me and not even touch the dirty work xD (my game still updating so cant see)

nevershootme
Mar 9, 2016, 03:26 AM
just burned through my main char's picking in Forest and it's a 5 hour cooldown!

sparab
Mar 9, 2016, 03:32 AM
can you buy all the stuff people collect? If so I will just have people collect it for me and not even touch the dirty work xD (my game still updating so cant see)

You can trade junk tier gathering items, but the useful ones are not tradable

TaigaUC
Mar 9, 2016, 04:17 AM
Arks sure are feeble.
5 hours to recover from mining a tomato.

nevershootme
Mar 9, 2016, 04:21 AM
The nice thing is that the cooldown is per character, so you can just jump to your alts and farm it all.

Kondibon
Mar 9, 2016, 04:23 AM
The nice thing is that the cooldown is per character, so you can just jump to your alts and farm it all.Time for Billie to change her ways and learn the life of a farmer. :wacko:

TaigaUC
Mar 9, 2016, 04:33 AM
For anyone interested, there's a new white/purple Caseal on second floor of SBARGA'3 CASE called Frosty.
Overlooking the balcony on the far side.

There's also a red-headed female NPC on the ground floor called Aida who'll cook you various kinds of food.

Vatallus
Mar 9, 2016, 04:34 AM
When I saw EP4 Reborn I thought it was going to be story related. Instead of learned it was an EP where they try to turn PSO2 into another generic MMO.

Also Frosty? The girl that use to give you crafting request?

TaigaUC
Mar 9, 2016, 04:37 AM
Oh, she did? I wouldn't know, never did crafting requests.
Probably is then. There are other crafting request NPCs in the cafe.

Luxfortuna
Mar 9, 2016, 04:37 AM
Are the pickaxe and rod REALLY only 7 uses? Can anyone confirm?
$10 seems like a lot for a 7 use item when rare fish drop left and right so long as you sweet-spot your clicks.

steverowland
Mar 9, 2016, 05:35 AM
srsly what a bad system, guess it will take me lot of time to get rings to +30 or whatever the max is since i cant be bothered to go mine every few hours for the rare items to upgrade. No idea why not just make it tradable.

Well lets hope you can buy them with excubes or something later, after they earn their share of money on people paying for pickaxes... although if people actually buy it they will probably never change it.

Vatallus
Mar 9, 2016, 05:41 AM
Got a 20+ combo then ran out of stamina during a fever.

Azure Falcon
Mar 9, 2016, 05:48 AM
Managed to get part of the items needed for the Massive Hunter ring, but alas no 海岸サファイア. These rings are going to be a serious pain to obtain if they all require stupidly rare materials.

steverowland
Mar 9, 2016, 05:50 AM
Yeah i didnt get the sapphire at all yet. Also i think you need the exact same material and grinder to upgrade the rings (and xp leveling them) and the cap is like +30 or something... so you will need like 30 of the sapphires... gg

Vatallus
Mar 9, 2016, 05:52 AM
I think I want to try the Perfect Keeper ring on Force personally. I also don't really have much faith in the PP Conversion ring since the other classes cant regen PP while using PAs.

Got 4 7* crystals and two 7* fish... not even sure what I can do with these yet. Haven't been looking into the stuff. All I know is it means I need to make more warehouse space so I can throw it into the shared storage.

TaigaUC
Mar 9, 2016, 06:19 AM
I tend to run out of stamina during a fever, which is probably intentional.

Naoya Kiriyama
Mar 9, 2016, 07:10 AM
I tend to run out of stamina during a fever, which is probably intentional.

Takes a 20 combo for a fever. A gathering consumes 5 stamina I think. 5*20 = 100 AKA all the stamina.

Zeroem
Mar 9, 2016, 07:18 AM
After trying it, gathering system is okay-ish on my book as 'side activities' (while tedious, 100% immune to damage while doing it are a good compensation IMO), but still need some serious tweaks. Like, 10 stamina per one gather action is ridiculous.

Also, this system only reinforce my hate on tomatoes :v

untrustful
Mar 9, 2016, 07:22 AM
What am I supposed to do for the 2nd client order from that gathering chick?

Naoya Kiriyama
Mar 9, 2016, 07:33 AM
What am I supposed to do for the 2nd client order from that gathering chick?

Make the Nab Tomato Salad. Talk to ingame Aida to tweak you the salad

Rakurai
Mar 9, 2016, 07:40 AM
I'd suggest not even bothering with fishing in Tokyo unless you've used a tomato salad beforehand.

You'll catch almost nothing but garbage otherwise.

Vatallus
Mar 9, 2016, 07:49 AM
Well got the Perfect Keeper Tech Ring built. but dont really have time to play around with it atm. need speed

ThePendragon
Mar 9, 2016, 07:52 AM
How do you figure out what you need for each of the rings?

sparab
Mar 9, 2016, 07:52 AM
Upgarde PK ring(safe)>you have no luck>you have no luck>run out materials

13* upgrade is easy

elryan
Mar 9, 2016, 07:58 AM
So uh... I gathered tomatoes and everything from Forest just now.

What to do with them?

Xion14Blade
Mar 9, 2016, 08:00 AM
Well got the Perfect Keeper Tech Ring built. but dont really have time to play around with it atm. need speed

Sorry to trouble you but where did you get the 2nd item needed for it?

Meteor Weapon
Mar 9, 2016, 08:32 AM
Can anyone translate that Old Butler Client Order.

Korima
Mar 9, 2016, 09:14 AM
I tried fishing and mining in forest.

Bye bye PSO2 until Yamato ship.

Vatallus
Mar 9, 2016, 09:15 AM
Sorry to trouble you but where did you get the 2nd item needed for it?

Extreme rare sphere from Forest. At least it was a giant green sphere for me. If you mean any ring the Spheres required seem to change per ring type.

Also after getting the ring made. looking at what I need to do some grinds. and trying to figure out how ring exp works... I can only think of one thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsCKnxe8hGY

Achelousaurus
Mar 9, 2016, 09:20 AM
Lol, Sega did it again.
Big name Seiyuu for a tiny role as an insignificant extra NPC.
First Aya Hirano as item shop attendant, now Kenichi Suzumura as Cyleion.
Though I think PSO2 launched around the time Aya's scandal made big waves.

PS: just got a fishing fever on my 3rd fishing spot and after I still got stamina left.
AND I got interrupted while fishing, with my pants down and rod out several times.
And my mag attacked enemies. Looks like your aggro range simply becomes tiny so enemies not in your immediate vicinity ignore you, but if an enemy wanders close enough it will attack.
Not sure if you actually lose stamina or fishing attempts if you get interrupted or if that stuff only decreases when you are successful.

SteveCZ
Mar 9, 2016, 09:32 AM
I find the mining/fishing very casual or more like a filler, and I'm fine with it. 15 - 20 minutes waiting for EQ, I'll just go for mining and/or fishing. :D

Lol, Sega did it again.

Aya Hirano as shop attendant $1
Aya Hirano as Matoi $1.000.000.000.000.000~
Note: Exaggerated example

Zeroem
Mar 9, 2016, 09:34 AM
Lol, Sega did it again.

Well, the more they say in-game, the more SEGA need to pay them.

Aya can be considered not a big name (in a sense) these days?

Aya Hirano as shop attendant $1
Aya Hirano as Matoi $1.000.000.000.000.000~

Lol, if Aya actually become Matoi's seiyuu, Matoi probably take Marlu's spot on the recent character popularity contest (well, if JP people still hold quite a resentment against her for her old endeavor).

JP's idol and seiyuu business are kinda weird if you ask me *shrug*

morkie
Mar 9, 2016, 09:43 AM
where can i get Opal? for p.Keeper ring

Stormwalker
Mar 9, 2016, 09:48 AM
It's not necessarily the same people making both complaints.

Exactly this. I was fine with the field gameplay as it was. Gathering is not something I have ever wanted in any game.

Stormwalker
Mar 9, 2016, 09:53 AM
You can trade junk tier gathering items, but the useful ones are not tradable

I was afraid of that.

SEGA seems to have an incredible knack lately for pushing the "Make Stormwalker want to quit" buttons.

If I wasn't so blasted attached to my characters, they'd have succeeded in that endeavor long ago.

FANSean
Mar 9, 2016, 10:42 AM
Takes a 20 combo for a fever. A gathering consumes 5 stamina I think. 5*20 = 100 AKA all the stamina.

Fever's completely random, I got one on a 3 combo. Higher combo MAY help the chances but I cannot confirm that yet.

Also, stamina refill on level up actually overfills, which is pretty nifty and means a level up won't ever get 'wasted'

Rehal
Mar 9, 2016, 10:52 AM

Fever is guaranteed at 25 combo.

http://puu.sh/nAs6X/015e32f7fd.jpg

Gathering cost 10 stamina per action.

http://puu.sh/nAs5k/aff0945937.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEPPD2eCjq8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEPPD2eCjq8

TaigaUC
Mar 9, 2016, 11:26 AM
I was afraid of that.

SEGA seems to have an incredible knack lately for pushing the "Make Stormwalker want to quit" buttons.

If I wasn't so blasted attached to my characters, they'd have succeeded in that endeavor long ago.

Pretty sure it's like that for most people.

Raujinn
Mar 9, 2016, 11:42 AM
where can i get Opal? for p.Keeper ring

It's on the list in Tokyo. Rate seems to be abysmal though... sent 5 characters through it and got zilch after wasting their combined stamina and a few fevers.

DRAGONxNOGARD
Mar 9, 2016, 11:42 AM
can craft somethink what was gathered?

TaigaUC
Mar 9, 2016, 12:18 PM
So what the hell do I do with these 999 fruits/vegies and fish?
There don't seem to be any recipes for them.
Why can't I use these 999 different kinds of fish for the "cooked/fried fish" recipe?
Why does it have to be a specific kind of fish!

Naoya Kiriyama
Mar 9, 2016, 12:23 PM
So what the hell do I do with these 999 fruits/vegies and fish?
There don't seem to be any recipes for them.
Why can't I use these 999 different kinds of fish for the "cooked/fried fish" recipe?
Why does it have to be a specific kind of fish!

Get achievs to unlock recipes.

BTW Spreadsheet has some good info already. I'm missing the achiev stuff which I'll be working on shortly.

TaigaUC
Mar 9, 2016, 12:27 PM
Oh yeah, achievements.
Why do I have to unlock achievements for Franca's staff to learn how to cook...

Stormwalker
Mar 9, 2016, 12:30 PM
Does difficulty affect results? In other words, can low level characters find the good stuff? I have 7 characters, but only two can do SH and only one can do XH. Since the stamina mechanic is only going to let me gather once a day on each character (when I get home from work - it won't have recovered before I call it a night), it's going to be really slow going.

Not that I think I'd have the patience to waste time gathering on all my alts, but I'm curious.

Zorafim
Mar 9, 2016, 12:31 PM
Witholding judgement until I experiencing the content myself. Because first-glance basis are not always right.

I beg to differ, at least when it comes to Sega. In their case, their strength is how good something looks. If it looks good, it might be bad. But if it looks bad... I can't recall many experiences where something that's looked bad from Sega ended up being good.

DRAGONxNOGARD
Mar 9, 2016, 12:31 PM
can craft somethink what was gathered?

.....?

Unnamed Player
Mar 9, 2016, 12:32 PM
The stamina bars are straight up cancer, I can deal with not having the golden premium pickaxe but this is just BS. What's next, stamina bars for close range combat?

HentaiLolicon
Mar 9, 2016, 12:48 PM
I should consider quitting before this sega cancer can advance further

nevershootme
Mar 9, 2016, 12:53 PM
Such a huge RNG factor to get a freaking rock just to obtain any skill rings -____-

Poyonche
Mar 9, 2016, 12:57 PM
"Oh you are using a pickaxe ? And on a rock furthermore ?! Here. A tomato for you."

Sega's logic strike again.

sparab
Mar 9, 2016, 01:00 PM
My experience: finish fishing stamina to get 13+ combo then start gathering and hope for an early fever

DRAGONxNOGARD
Mar 9, 2016, 01:01 PM
ok i ask again 3rd time...can somethink craft what i was gathered?

HentaiLolicon
Mar 9, 2016, 01:04 PM
ok i ask again 3rd time...can somethink craft what i was gathered?
stop using google translate.
Some of them can be exchanged for food, the rest seems to be quest items

DRAGONxNOGARD
Mar 9, 2016, 01:11 PM
stop using google translate.
i dont ussing google translate :twak:

nevershootme
Mar 9, 2016, 01:14 PM
I got a Forest Emerald (the item needed to get P-keeper tech and atk advance rings) just by normal picking with fever active.

Best to use up the fishing stamina until you hit fever, then run to a gathering site with the food buff to increase the large rock rate (whenever u unlock that in the shop) and profit from there.

jooozek
Mar 9, 2016, 02:09 PM
closer to cancer than to fever :wacko:

Achelousaurus
Mar 9, 2016, 04:38 PM
I got a daily to pick up 999 empty cans from the streets of Tokyo. It's the age of vortual voluntary work now.

BTW, what stuff does Mayuri, eh Yerkes want me to give him? Where can I find that stuff?

Azure Falcon
Mar 9, 2016, 04:40 PM
I'm now drowning in 8 star shells that have literally no use at all, yet still can't get even 1 sapphire to actually get a ring. This is the absolute worst RNG hell that Sega have ever introduced to the game.

jooozek
Mar 9, 2016, 04:51 PM
I'm now drowning in 8 star shells that have literally no use at all, yet still can't get even 1 sapphire to actually get a ring. This is the absolute worst RNG hell that Sega have ever introduced to the game.

what do you mean worst RNG? just throw money at the game till you get sapphire :wacko:

Serinah
Mar 9, 2016, 05:19 PM
food buff to increase the large rock rate (whenever u unlock that in the shop)

Is that the Stew of Forest Tomato and Sweetfish (森林アユのトマト煮)?

TaigaUC
Mar 9, 2016, 06:07 PM
Anyone having trouble getting enough mushrooms for Freeza I mean Yarkis the Butler?
They seem to be rare as nuts.
I've only been able to complete one of his dailies once so far.

Unnamed Player
Mar 9, 2016, 06:17 PM
I'm now drowning in 8 star shells that have literally no use at all, yet still can't get even 1 sapphire to actually get a ring. This is the absolute worst RNG hell that Sega have ever introduced to the game.And meanwhile:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://g37.imgup.net/31042.jpg

http://l44.imgup.net/27674.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

NephyrisX
Mar 9, 2016, 07:52 PM
What do we gain from leveling Collecting/Fishing skills?

HentaiLolicon
Mar 9, 2016, 07:57 PM
What do we gain from leveling Collecting/Fishing skills?
Collecting/Fishing related stuff. And higher chance for rare/additional drops

untrustful
Mar 9, 2016, 08:07 PM
Seems best to spam fishing first to build up a fever, then mine that fever away just like grandma did.

sparab
Mar 9, 2016, 08:55 PM
Normally you will only get 1-2 shots if the fever starts at 25 combos, unless early fever/level up

FANSean
Mar 9, 2016, 08:56 PM
That's basically the idea, you can roll 10 times for a fever and then pop a relevant boost and go nuts on the mining

TaigaUC
Mar 10, 2016, 01:13 AM
Can someone confirm whether the butler daily items only drop if you have the order on you?

FANSean
Mar 10, 2016, 01:17 AM
Can someone confirm whether the butler daily items only drop if you have the order on you?

I got the Vopar one without having accepted the order. Pissed me off too because I saw 8* and thought I scored some gems

TaigaUC
Mar 10, 2016, 01:28 AM
Okay, thanks. Good, because I don't want stupid orders clogging up my tiny order list.

Hysteria1987
Mar 10, 2016, 01:31 AM
what do you mean worst RNG? just throw money at the game till you get sapphire :wacko:Things like this does make me wonder about SEGA's economic state a bit :-P I have zero intention of paying for stamina bar drinks and the like. I keep an eye on share prices, because I'm old and boring now, and SEGA's has been steadily going downhill since 2013 and hit their lowest point in 5 years towards the beginning of this year.

They make a good deal of their cash from pachinko style stuff, which in general has been on a downward trend for several years now too.

Oh well, I haven't tried the new stuff yet because yay emergency maintenance, and I suppose we wouldn't want them to just hand out the rare stuff like candy (literally, this game has so much candy) :P I want to get my hands on them skill rings more than anything else out of this change. I can't see myself going out my way to do a lot of mining stuff but I have to try it first.

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 10, 2016, 01:43 AM
Im personally not going to use AC on this. Doesnt seem worth it over all. Seems more like any other craft where you get better results as you level up.

Although I doubt the down time isnt as bad for other crafts if there is one. (I know lil about normal craft growth)

pkemr4
Mar 10, 2016, 01:59 AM
the cost to refresh stamina is way to high

Vatallus
Mar 10, 2016, 02:43 AM
Managed to get 4 emerald spheres from forest during a fever. Seems like the best bet would be to just start a fever by fishing then move to mining. Also noticed grinding 5-6 on my ring required a sphere.

steverowland
Mar 10, 2016, 04:15 AM
Yeah might be, I have yet to see a single gem in like 60 mining I did- all during fever and booster.
Just now I did 10 fishing, triggered fever and then did 21 mining (leveled from achievement once so got 100 stamina extra and even got 'One More' during one of the mining process) - 1 minute mining boost during the whole fever - and all I got was like 40 soy beans and 9 earth rocks :/

Rakurai
Mar 10, 2016, 04:31 AM
I usually start a fever by fishing, then use a food that boosts the acqusition rate of mineral resources before I start mining.

I've gotten a good amount of all the gemstones at this point.

nguuuquaaa
Mar 10, 2016, 04:31 AM
Can somebody give details of what does each food boost?

Edit: Nevermind, found it in the spreadsheet thread.

Hysteria1987
Mar 10, 2016, 04:58 AM
Ok, so I played it. I reckon getting the rings will give me something to play for, and Franka's Cafe is a real nice area, so that's all a plus.

People were actually sitting in there and talking, and this on a block where that sort of thing doesn't usually happen, which was kinda nice to see - I always did think this game was a little antisocial, so maybe this'll be a bit of a shift.

What they did with the Excube/Photon Sphere exchanges in the Recycle Shop, however, is a real load of rubbish. To begin with, I never should have had to choose between 1 Excube and 10, that's just lazy function construction - I should get what I give. But now I need to know just how many items I'm exchanging before I even go in - no thankyou, I used that menu so I could *see* how many things I had. It's an even lazier fix to a lazy issue, and I reckon it'll make cubing even more of a chore.

steverowland
Mar 10, 2016, 06:54 AM
Yeah cubing takes either few clicks more (confirming you only want to do 1) or you need to count the before you do, ofc if you decide that one of the items has good affix and you don't want to cube it, gl redoing the whole process again... its horrible system just like the whole gathering.

But yeah Franca's cafe is nice.
Although I must say for most Japanese friends I made it was just by sitting next to them in lobby and eventually starting conversation or something so never found it that hard to socialize (especially convos about accessories and hairstyles and stuff like that).
As for English side I think lot of people will judge you by your gear and not accessories, so it might be harder to get along with people outside of actual quests. But there is still lot of people who care about the looks of their char in the English side of community so that's still good.... but then you have all the troll super fat chars lying in lobby in bikini... how can you look at that whole day xD

Anyways yeah topic about gathering... gathering still sucks, didn't change my mind.

Also I failed 2/5 of the grinds for my ring with 10% booster (thats like 90% chance of success, 2/5 failed... stupid rng (´・ω・`) ) Basically pso2 is p2warng (pay to win against rng).

TaigaUC
Mar 10, 2016, 07:05 AM
The new directors (or whoever the hell is responsible) have somehow managed to royally fuck up virtually everything about episode 4 so far.
Not to mention continuing or making even worse all of the shit people hated from episode 3.

Maenara's quitting was probably a good call.

Naoya Kiriyama
Mar 10, 2016, 08:39 AM
The new directors (or whoever the hell is responsible) have somehow managed to royally fuck up virtually everything about episode 4 so far.
Not to mention continuing or making even worse all of the shit people hated from episode 3.

Remember that you're not forced to do gathering, or even play the game.

AmanoMai
Mar 10, 2016, 08:48 AM

he's not forced to stay silent when it comes to critism either.

the game is a failure in the first place when it becomes undesirable to players...

the "don't like it get out" argument is both redundant and nonsensical

steverowland
Mar 10, 2016, 08:52 AM

Well technically you are... If you've been following the latest pso2 story, you would know that pso2 is actually like alternative reality far away or something and if you want to save the earth you need to play it to defeat the dark evils from invading earth... or something. And since lot of countries have laws that force you to defend the nation in case of invasion, this counts as one too.

http://2dboy.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/nerd.jpg

Kondibon
Mar 10, 2016, 09:02 AM
Well technically you are... If you've been following the latest pso2 story, you would know that pso2 is actually like alternative reality far away or something and if you want to save the earth you need to play it to defeat the dark evils from invading earth... or something. And since lot of countries have laws that force you to defend the nation in case of invasion, this counts as one too.

http://2dboy.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/nerd.jpgAnyone who's been keeping up PSO2s story knows that's not meant to be actual real earth anymore than it is in any other fiction.

Unnamed Player
Mar 10, 2016, 09:23 AM
The new directors (or whoever the hell is responsible) have somehow managed to royally fuck up virtually everything about episode 4 so far.Business as usual, take an interesting idea and drag it through the mud: http://forums.sega.com/images/smilies/SEGA_S.gifhttp://forums.sega.com/images/smilies/SEGA_E.gifhttp://forums.sega.com/images/smilies/SEGA_G.gifhttp://forums.sega.com/images/smilies/SEGA_A.gif

Naoya Kiriyama
Mar 10, 2016, 09:34 AM
he's not forced to stay silent when it comes to critism either.

the game is a failure in the first place when it becomes undesirable to players...

the "don't like it get out" argument is both redundant and nonsensical
Where is the criticism in the next quote? I don't see it. I only see a rant.

If he made even a point in that quote, even if it's valid or not I wouldn't say that.

Korima
Mar 10, 2016, 09:42 AM
For me this gathering is a no-sense because it doesn't come with other content, spending time doing a not fun chore in no new-areas to get rings to be stronger for nothing because there isn't new bosses or new "Ultra Hard Mode", people already kill the bosses so fast and I'm not here to play a 1 minute battle.

AmanoMai
Mar 10, 2016, 09:50 AM
Where is the criticism in the next quote? I don't see it. I only see a rant.

If he made even a point in that quote, even if it's valid or not I wouldn't say that.

-The new directors (or whoever the hell is responsible) have somehow managed to royally fuck up virtually everything about episode 4 so far.
Not to mention continuing or making even worse all of the shit people hated from episode 3. -

putting the tone aside, the content is enough critism for me

that aside, i don't see anything wrong with a rant either
if you can play a game without feeling good or bad about it that wouldn't be playing in the first place.
it's just happens :-?

Zeroem
Mar 10, 2016, 10:13 AM
One of these days, we need to make that one thread to exclusively rant about things in PSO2.

That aside, it's only 2 days since this update launched. Hopefully the directors would note all of this displeasure cry.

FANSean
Mar 10, 2016, 10:23 AM

Edit: This post isn't specifically aimed at Taiga alone, but more at a multitude of posts I've seen here, I just picked his as a good starting point

Maenara also quit because she wanted the game to be an tedious and unforgiving experience. If she hadn't quit before solo XQ release I would have expected some commentary on how they should have given the enemies base XH health instead of reduced so you had to fight longer against shit that could slaughter you effortlessly as if that makes the game more engaging.

I don't think there is a single way this update could have been released in a way that satisfied everyone. The entire point of it was that it would take an investment over time to get either a little extra power or some extra utility. In fact, it seems to be designed to give more potency to the utility rings which have more apparent effects at the early levels, and while the chase rings and short combat have a high initial cost there's almost no point to grinding them.

Oh boo hoo there's some fucking AC options for the whales to latch onto, big fucking deal, let the dipshits waste their money rolling the rng a few extra times for a near-imperceptible increase in combat ability. Not like Sega hasn't undermined their own AC systems before, so don't be surprised if we start getting stamina drinks in the badge shop or some shit, or for them to come out the ass from future bingo cards.

The whole point was that it was going to take some time to amass a maxed out collection. Yes, the RNG is frustrating but methods are already coming out (Fish first to roll for fever, what foods boost your chances of what gems) to try to skew it back in your favor. Everyone's fucking kneejerking because we're running off of Day 1 knowledge just how people claimed Summoner was P2W because people mistook some interface quirks as Candies being permenantly breakable.

Why do you even care if people can pay to get a marginal boost anyways in a PvE game? Hell, that benefits you because if you get in parties with those people they can give you better support when you're trying to beat a boss for some stupid drop you want.

I'm happy in Record Keeper when someone I've followed spent money out the ass for a high level Super Soul Break weapon because I can make use of it as a Roaming Warrior without having to go ham personally on it.

Ugh, I think I need to stop posting here, this is bad for my health.

Choppenstantz
Mar 10, 2016, 01:23 PM
One of these days, we need to make that one thread to exclusively rant about things in PSO2.

That aside, it's only 2 days since this update launched. Hopefully the directors would note all of this displeasure cry.

I was part of a forum a long time ago that basically had a "warzone"/"no man's land" area, it was uncensored and under-moderated specifically for the purpose of letting people rant and vent. Not sure a game forum would need something that dramatic, but it did definitely keep a lot of anger out of core discussion areas.

On topic, in the two days since it's launched, I've gotten nothing but tomatoes and I DC left and right. I don't mind the idea in general, I really don't - but the execution is noxious at best.

TaigaUC
Mar 10, 2016, 09:23 PM
Well, I didn't mean to say anything offensive, of course.
I've been lacking sleep and pretty grumpy lately. My eyes still hurt.

To clarify, I'm not pleased about the direction of the game/series in general.
There's going to be a point where we'll all feel like, "Why did I stick around this game for so long? What a waste of time that was."
That's why I implied that leaving early when things are looking bad is probably a good call.

When I complain about stuff, I'm not just thinking about "the fun I'm having right now" or "how I feel right now".
I'm also thinking about how stuff was in the past, how much it's improved, what direction it's heading, how it could be better, how it compares to other stuff, etc.
I know there are people out there who are enjoying PSO2 as it is now, and don't want to think about any of the above.
Just because I point out that the game COULD BE BETTER doesn't mean I'm invalidating their current enjoyment.
I don't see why anyone would get upset at the prospect of something improving.
I'm pretty certain all improvements throughout history were the result of focusing on something bad to turn it into something good.

But there's a quote I recall hearing, "knowledge of a better world can only hurt". It goes well with "ignorance is bliss".
Sure, you can enjoy anything if you simply accept it for what it is. But that also means that things will never improve.
Also, people can only appreciate improvement if they are made to suffer a problem to begin with.
If PSO2 was amazing and had no issues from the beginning, nobody would be able to appreciate all of these updates we've been getting for the past 4 years that fix so many stupid problems.
I sometimes wonder how many people intentionally create stuff that's flawed, just so they can leak out fixes to keep customers satisfied and "happy".

As far as I'm concerned, things were looking up at the start of PSO2 episode 3, and everything seems to have continued to roll downhill from there.
I can't even get my usual friends to play anymore, because there are so many things about PSO2 they don't like that are driving them away.
One of my friends really wants to quit right now, simply because they hate seeing blatant F2P stuff, regardless of if it's that bad or not.
Yes, I know PSO2 is full of that crap. I guess Gathering was the last straw for them.

I probably had unrealistically high expectations from the graphical improvements and the "Reborn" subtitle.
But when I saw the first few Reborn trailers, all I could think was "this looks like every other update up until now."
With a subtitle like "reborn", I can't help but be reminded of how FF14 was such a colossal failure that they had to redo it with the "Realm Reborn" title.
I guess I hoped for something similar with PSO2.
You know, redo/condense the stuff that people hate. Add more stuff people have wanted.

They always wait for a new episode to fix stuff that shouldn't have been a problem to begin with.
Aside from that, they've just been tacking on more stuff that's essentially the same as another system, but with a different face/name.
Where are all the modes and stuff that PSO1 had? There's still almost nothing fun to do outside of EQs.

I've been thinking that if you removed the character creation stuff, almost nobody would be playing this game.
You could probably validate that by comparing with the other regions of PSO2, which are far more lacking in content and have stupider restrictions on character customization accessibility.
With the above in mind, remember that SEGA themselves were very surprised to discover how much people liked their in-game characters.
Goes to show how detached they are from understanding their customer base.

There was one other point I had in mind, but I can't seem to grasp what it was now.

sparab
Mar 10, 2016, 10:15 PM
Gathering, in fact, is sega's new scheme to burn away your rare booster time

TaigaUC
Mar 11, 2016, 12:50 AM
I stopped using boosters because nothing was dropping and the only stuff I want now comes from Gathering.

Besides, next week is boost week.
Saving my recommended quest keys for that.

TaigaUC
Mar 14, 2016, 07:38 PM
Bumping because the other relevant post was moved to Rants.

A friend linked me some fun Japanese expectations of how Gathering should have been:
https://twitter.com/Nama_Kedamono/status/709435247847276544
https://twitter.com/tsuide_0103/status/708233193942417410

sparab
Mar 14, 2016, 10:16 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CdGn-YLUkAAnvEC.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Gathering in reality:

- MPA lock
- Getting buried underground
- No sharing fishing spot
- Fever! Stamina 10/100
- Fever! Shock cancel
- Fever! Emergency Code: Avoid!
- TomatoTomatoTomatoTomatoTomatoTomatoTomatoTomatoTo matoTomato
- GrapeGrapeGrapeGrapeGrapeGrapeGrapeGrapeGrapeGrape
- OliveOliveOliveOliveOliveOliveOliveOliveOliveOlive
- BeanBeanBeanBeanBeanBeanBeanBeanBeanBean

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 15, 2016, 02:39 AM
Someone link me to this spreadsheet that was mentioned which lists the food effects on mining?

wefwq
Mar 15, 2016, 03:20 AM
Today haul was pretty shitty, coupled with tons of bad luck :-(

Starting fising as per usual on the coast, suddenly weather change to storm.
As the nearby spot depleted, i'm looking for another fishing node to encounter flying mad ballsack.
On the last fishing stamina, i got fever activated but my mag somehow managed to kill a bird darker and trigger a PSE burst.
Still ended up with tons of olive though :-?

Naoya Kiriyama
Mar 15, 2016, 03:31 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CdGn-YLUkAAnvEC.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Gathering in reality:

- MPA lock
- Getting buried underground
- No sharing fishing spot
- Fever! Stamina 10/100
- Fever! Shock cancel
- Fever! Emergency Code: Avoid!
- TomatoTomatoTomatoTomatoTomatoTomatoTomatoTomatoTo matoTomato
- GrapeGrapeGrapeGrapeGrapeGrapeGrapeGrapeGrapeGrape
- OliveOliveOliveOliveOliveOliveOliveOliveOliveOlive
- BeanBeanBeanBeanBeanBeanBeanBeanBeanBean

You forgot "Fever! Captured by Funji! (actually happened to me)

IndigoNovember
Mar 15, 2016, 03:55 AM
Someone link me to this spreadsheet that was mentioned which lists the food effects on mining?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1O8SlSjdYbEPMfRNWQoB4FJu7q0V0OgbKJpN7nKwLs9w/edit#gid=830419165

Gwyndolin
Mar 15, 2016, 05:13 AM
I kind of can't wait till I have gotten and leveled the rings I'm interested in finished so that I never have to bother with gathering again for a long time. Even with multiple characters, I find myself irritated by this system more often than not and don't really want to be bothered with it more than I have to.

TaigaUC
Mar 15, 2016, 06:36 AM
Amazingly, I haven't had the stuck underground problem yet.

Stormwalker
Mar 15, 2016, 08:58 AM
You forgot "Fever! Captured by Funji! (actually happened to me)

Also forgot: Fever! Emergency Code: Duel!

My solution to most of these problems.

1). Password lock the MPA.
2). Complete the quest.
3). Then do my gathering.

Solves most of the emergency code related issues anyway. Does nothing to help with random thunderstorm/lightning strikes, however.

I kind of can't wait till I have gotten and leveled the rings I'm interested in finished so that I never have to bother with gathering again for a long time. Even with multiple characters, I find myself irritated by this system more often than not and don't really want to be bothered with it more than I have to.

So very much this.

TaiDono
Mar 15, 2016, 09:19 AM
hot ............

Xaeris
Mar 15, 2016, 11:32 PM
Surprised he didn't find a way to work his Chainsawd in there somehow.

pkemr4
Mar 15, 2016, 11:41 PM
gotta love mining in a spot where mobs sometimes never stop spawning no matter how many you kill.

Zorua
Mar 16, 2016, 04:27 AM
http://puu.sh/nIqUl/7749a97838.jpg
Looks like I'm going on that all soy diet

rolassa
Mar 16, 2016, 08:07 AM

The point of gathering is to find stuff to build other stuff, I don't see how pressing a button and watching a boring animation of your character gathering makes mission runs any more interesting. This really doesn't add much of anything to the core gameplay and also has another "give us your money mechanic" that really isn't needed. It seems tacked on to be pretty flipping honest.

And you don't need to have a very limiting stamina system coupled with buy stamina potions from the ac shop to stop people from farming all day in the same mission. You add a limit to your gathering nodes and/or time for it to restore, your players will move on or wait for the node to respawn.

This doesn't help the problem of dungeons feeling boring, feeling samey, actual mob encounters not actually taking much thought to handle other than "Oh, I ran out of pp". If they actually care about making combat in this game more interesting,

sparab
Mar 16, 2016, 03:50 PM
Looks like I'm going on that all soy diet

http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up181933.jpg

Beach olive says hi

Kondibon
Mar 16, 2016, 04:06 PM
I like how, despite there being corner stores all over the place, our characters just mine soy beans out of the sidewalk.

yoshiblue
Mar 16, 2016, 04:32 PM
The suffering is real when you can't convert meseta into real athentic japanese yen.

TaigaUC
Mar 17, 2016, 08:21 AM
Wasabi also comes out of the asphalt.

wefwq
Mar 17, 2016, 08:35 AM
This gathering sucks, i'm using good pickaxe and all i got are just tomatoes.
Everytime fever occoured on forest, this stupid song can't stop playing from my head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv2_2nN2B5U

Wasabi also comes out of the asphalt.
You don't like city-grown wasabi?
This entire "gathering" doesn't make any sense, though i think we don't need one since it's PSO2 after all.

TaigaUC
Mar 17, 2016, 08:45 AM
It just adds to the overall impression that SEGA didn't give a damn.
Like they just threw crap together in the most borderline acceptable way.

TaigaUC
Mar 21, 2016, 06:23 AM
Well, I've been trying to get a single Wopal sapphire on this one account since Gathering was implemented.
It's the same account that won't get any 12 stars on PSO2ES.
Tried on multiple characters, always with that Mool food that should boost sapphire drop rate.
Used special picks as well.

Still ZERO sapphires. I can't even buy the damn rings. I just need ONE.
Goddamn random luck bullshit.

Just goes to show that it is possible to be so completely unlucky as to not even be able to get a ring.
The worst thing is that everyone else won't understand such terrible luck, and will just say "you must be doing something wrong!"
In my case, I have 2 other accounts that already had all the good rings weeks ago.
It's just this one account that's unlucky as shit. So I know it's not me doing something wrong.

sparab
Mar 21, 2016, 09:27 AM
I wouldn't bother playing muti accounts because of the trade embargo here
For gems, the gathering chance is supposed to be extremely unbalanced like drop rate(in a game that does not allowed free trading for most of the time. My 3 character account is at 40+emerald/quartz and 5ish others

the_importer_
Mar 21, 2016, 09:32 AM
Food really make a difference guys, just make sure to use the right kind.

TaigaUC
Mar 21, 2016, 10:16 AM
That's what I thought too, but it's had no effect on this particular account.
I keep getting 0 gems all the time. Never had that problem on the other accounts.

I kinda regret making multiple accounts, but at the same time I also regret making so many characters, so... I dunno.

sparab
Mar 21, 2016, 11:36 PM
Fishing spot is probably the WORST design ever. I wonder which genius came up the idea to make fishing spots become permanently inaccessible to others once a player walked pass them.
Once I ran across the entire river bank on a tokyo map before another player joined. Poor guy ran through the entire map before piped back...

TaigaUC
Mar 22, 2016, 12:42 AM
I finally got x3 Sapphire, once, on that acocunt
That was within a Fever where I used 200 Stamina.
Getting tons and tons of Wopal Rocks.
Gems are way too rare.

Well, at least now I can start gathering EXP for these rings. Zzzz.

Skyly
Mar 22, 2016, 08:03 AM
Gems are way too rare.

If you weren't aware you get 1 free gem from achievements. The Achievements translated on bumped are very vague but you have to collect at different gatherthing/fishing spots 1 time each for them to count towards the achievement. Hope that helps

Stormwalker
Mar 22, 2016, 08:55 AM
Gems are way too rare.

I have a couple of characters who get WAAAAAAAY more gemstones than rocks.

Actually, the thing holding back the growth of my R/Killing Bonus ring is rocks... I have a stack of 20 Tokyo Opals in my storage and no rocks.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 22, 2016, 09:10 AM
I second that; i will have a surplus of ~20 nab gems once i finishing grinding this PK tech ring, making it the 2nd ring that costs naberius rocks/gems that I get to 20. I specifically use food for hunting nab rocks across 3 characters. More often than not I get annoyed when I end up finding gems.

Z-0
Mar 22, 2016, 09:20 AM
Rocks also my limiter for grinding.

sparab
Mar 22, 2016, 10:13 AM
Meanwhile I have 3 weeks' worth shroom/shell/empty bottles piled up
Nab rock shouldn't be an issue if you gather at forest/ruin simultaneously

electrolytes
Mar 22, 2016, 11:31 AM
Has anyone figured out how the level up and experience system works exactly? I'm interested in waiting for stamina to refill right before a level up in both skills so I can maximize bonus stamina and mine all the way through any fevers I might get.

I think my main problem is not knowing what "5 実績" or whatever after "To next Lv." entails. Google translate says it means "5 performance", which doesn't make any sense to me. Sometimes I'll get messages and the number will decrease, but I'm not sure what triggers it.

Z-0
Mar 22, 2016, 11:36 AM
You need to do achievements to level up. You can check what you need in the achievements menu for gathering.

It's completely RNG, there's almost nothing you can do to force a level up.

Saffran
Mar 22, 2016, 11:46 AM
Well come on if you have two achievements left before a lvl up and you are at like "195 of 200" in one category and "14 out of 15" in another, you have pretty good chances of getting those achievements done in your 10 tries as you deplete your 100 stamina points.

The really infuriating thing is that the fever always happens very late - when I am at 200 stamina it will alaways start on reaching 25, but when I have only 80 stamina the fever starts at like 10 or something (just as I run out).

electrolytes
Mar 22, 2016, 11:48 AM
You need to do achievements to level up. You can check what you need in the achievements menu for gathering.

It's completely RNG, there's almost nothing you can do to force a level up.

Thank you. I guess I'll need to figure out how to maximize my odds of an achievement then.

TaigaUC
Mar 23, 2016, 02:04 AM
Must be a RNG thing. I keep getting billions of rocks and almost no gems, even if I use gem food.
JP friend I complained to also said they can't upgrade because gems don't drop.

God, I hate RNG.

sparab
Mar 30, 2016, 12:28 AM
http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=8517

Gathering support campaign is coming! but no one cares

Xaeris
Mar 30, 2016, 12:54 AM
Well that's hilariously underwhelming.

Zeroem
Mar 30, 2016, 01:00 AM
http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=8517

Gathering support campaign is coming! but no one cares

Can anyone copy the content of the link? Didn't have access to VPN atm

Xaeris
Mar 30, 2016, 01:07 AM
Gathering campaign. Get some of the "good" tool items just for logging in this week, and get some small prizes (drinks, boost tickets) for eating certain foods. Perhaps this archive link will work for you?

https://archive.is/FkWa4

TaigaUC
Mar 30, 2016, 01:18 AM
Dammit. I just saw the campaign on the website and came here to ridicule it.
You all beat me!!

I don't think I've ever gotten anything good from the "good" tools.
Just the same crap as always.

Events like this just reinforce my suspicions that SEGA intentionally makes the base gameplay shitty so that they can make players feel grateful by occasionally boosting chances via events/campaigns.
"Why are you complaining!? SEGA is so kind to make their game suck less for a short period of time!!"

sparab
Mar 30, 2016, 01:37 AM
You still mine tomatos with super pickaxe (+100%)! What is the point of using good (+5%)?

At first I thought this would be like a, half stamina or rare boost event, but that is so not sega

SteveCZ
Mar 30, 2016, 01:41 AM
I'm already at the point of forgetting there's mining/fishing.
I got tons of stocks without spending any cash already, and even that all my 8 rings are all done. That's with 3 chars, all one run a day.
I really don't see this a big thing at all, lol. :wacko:

Z-0
Mar 30, 2016, 02:10 AM
Gathering is still dumb, regardless of it you can just ignore the system after a week or two.

Zeroem
Mar 30, 2016, 02:12 AM
https://archive.is/FkWa4

Well, took a while to load the link, but it worked. Thanks.

Now then........I guess it is an underwhelming campaign, unless the food reward ia not one-time only.
Still underwhelming though.

.....At first I thought this would be like a, half stamina or rare boost event, but that is so not sega

This is my exact thought, then I kind of remembered it's SEGA we're talking about right here.

lacusclyne96
Apr 24, 2016, 01:59 AM
is there any trick to get more earth rock ? I already use food but instead of earth rock I get a lot of tokyo opal...

TaigaUC
Apr 24, 2016, 05:07 AM
Nope, just keep trying.
Make sure the food is the same type is the earth rock size.
Increases your chances slightly.

黒雪Yacchi
Apr 24, 2016, 07:43 AM
http://necromancy.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/1004/thread-necromancy-thread-necromancy-demotivational-poster-1271554886.jpg
[Text Here]

lacusclyne96
Apr 24, 2016, 10:51 AM
Nope, just keep trying.
Make sure the food is the same type is the earth rock size.
Increases your chances slightly.

ah thanks you :D

TaigaUC
Apr 24, 2016, 11:39 AM
*as

Use the food when you get a fever.
But you probably knew that already.