PDA

View Full Version : Guide Gathering and Skill Rings Q&A - the guide nobody asked for or needed.

TaigaUC
Mar 9, 2016, 06:42 PM
Introduction:

Q. So... what the hell is Gathering?
A new system that fills up your inventory and storage with lots of crap.
You can use that crap to make food that boosts your chances of getting more crap.
There's a new female Gathering NPC in Franca's Cafe that walks you through the various features.

Q. Ooookay. So, what's the point of that??
There's a rare chance to obtain materials used to purchase and upgrade Rings with unique effects that should probably have been implemented as class skills.

Q. Sounds... intriguing. Mayhaps you proffer some examples of these unique effects of which you speaketh?
Use some class skills on another class, teleport towards enemy when using certain attacks.
Stuff like that.

Q. Gathering is connected to Crafting, right?
Nope. Not at all.

Q. But it has similar drops, and mining, and stuff?
Yes. But it's not related or connected to Crafting in any way. At all.

Q. Your guide sucks. Are there any better guides?
http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-gathering-mini-guide/
https://pso2blog.wordpress.com/2016/03/09/ring-system-info/
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1O8SlSjdYbEPMfRNWQoB4FJu7q0V0OgbKJpN7nKwLs9w/edit?usp=sharing

Basics:

Q. How do I Gather?
There are blue and green rings all over Forest, Ruins, Coast and Tokyo free fields. Simply walk up to them and interact.
Fishing is usually found next to a water source. Harvesting spots are everywhere.
Note that there are some areas that do not have any Fishing spots.

Q. Is Gathering account-based or character-based?
Character-based. Each character has their own Stamina, Level, etc.
The tutorial also allows you to get the Boost Ring for each character, not just one per account.

Q. Did I really just dig up a tomato while mining?
No, this is all a bad dream.

Q. Does rare drop boost affect Gathering?
Nope.

Q. Uhh... Gathering has a Combo system?
After each Gather, you'll have about 50 seconds to find another spot.
As your Combo number increases, you'll have a higher chance of getting Fever.
You have a guaranteed chance of Fever at a Combo of 25.

Q. Do I lose the Combo count if I go back to campship or change areas?
No. Just make sure you don't run out of time.

Q. What the hell is Fever!? Will my character die??
Fever is like PSE Burst. During Fever, you'll have a much higher chance of rare drops, or gaining two items per Gather.

Q. What's with the other random stuff that happens when I Gather?
There's a chance to get "one more" bonus Gather, or extra combo points per Gather.

Q. How do I level up Gathering?
Just keep Gathering. Note that Harvesting and Fishing have separate EXP, levels, etc.

Q. What are the other options available when Harvesting/Fishing?
Second option is to pay Arks Cash for a fancy premium Pick/Rod. I've heard that it's $10 for only 7 uses.
Third option is to use a "good Pick/Rod" that assumedly has a slightly higher chance of rare drop.
It seems like the "good Pick/Rod" is awarded to you through Achievements.

Q. Achievements? What Achievements?
Stuff like "fish in the forest a certain number of times".
Just keep Gathering and you'll keep gaining Achievements.
Achievements give you some items and unlock recipes, etc.

Q. Does the quality of materials increase depending on area difficulty?
Reportedly, no. So you can just do it on Normal.

Stamina:

Q. How does Stamina work?
Harvesting and Fishing have separate Stamina, levels, etc.
It costs 10 Stamina to Harvest or Fish once. When you level up Harvesting or Fishing, your Stamina for that type of Gathering resets.
You can also replenish Stamina via Stamina Drinks, which are obtained through Achievements or by paying Arks Cash.
If you wait a long while, it'll regenerate on its own.

Q. That's... just like a phone game.
Yes, yes it is.

Q. What happens to my remaining Stamina when I level up?
It carries over to the next level as extra Stamina.

Q. Do I lose that extra Stamina if I log out or something?
Surprisingly, no. It'll still be there whenever you go back to Gathering.

Q. Do I lose Stamina if an enemy interrupts me while I'm Gathering?
Surprisingly, no.

Q. Uh, I ran out of Stamina... and it's during a Fever.
That's what usually happens. Either pay Arks Cash to replenish Stamina, or give up on the Fever and wait several hours.

Q. How long does it take for Stamina to regenerate?
It's 1 point per 3 minutes, for a total of 5 hours if you are at 0/100 Stamina.

Food and Materials:

Q. How does food work?
The food gives bonuses to specific kinds of Gathering .
The effects last 1 minute, and effects do not stack. Meaning you can only have one food's bonus at any time.

Q. How do I make food?
You gather materials, then go to Aida at Franca's Cafe (not Arks Layer) and get her to cook you some food.

Q. Why is there so much crap I can't seem to use?
You have to unlock more recipes.

Q. How do I unlock more recipes?
Keep Gathering to unlock more Achievements, and the recipes will open up to you over time.

Q. So what kind of materials are there?
- Various food ingredients.
- Some rarer ingredients? (non-tradable).
- Rocks from each of the areas (non-tradable?).
- Gems from each of the areas (non-tradable).
- The butler order rare items (non-tradable).

Q. Does rare drop boost affect Gathering?
Nope.

Q. I ate boost food, why aren't gems dropping?!
There's no food to boost gems. You have to use boosts for a specific size. Yes, it's a pain.
More info here: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232660
[spoiler-box]
Too many gathering topics so I'll just make it PSA

So I see a lot of people complain about not getting gems while using 50% boost (and don't worry, I only got a 1 gem in like total of 100 instances of mining across multiple chars so its not like it makes a huge difference).
However the food they are using is boosting the wrong thing.

refer to this website to find what type of material is what: http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?ギャザリング

As you can see, gems are as expected type 宝石 - gemstone
However there is NO food that boosts the chance to get this type.
There is a 50% booster to get 鉱石 - ore(stone) - the second kanji for stone is the same so people might have made a mistake there and cofused it with gem.
However using said booster (東京マダイの照り焼き) will only help you get more ores (which are used for grinding rings etc) but it will actually not help (and maybe even hinder) your chance to get gemstones, when you get a rare drop it will more likely be rare ore.

In order to boost acquisition of gemstones, you need to use food for the specific SIZE, not type.
Logic would imply that gemstome are "small" however thats not the case, each gemstone is different.

森林エメラルド-中型 - forest emerald - MEDIUM
遺跡アメジスト-大型 - ruins amethyst - LARGE
海岸サファイア-小型 - beach sapphire - SMALL
東京オパール-大型 - tokyo opal - LARGE

So in order to increase your chance for gems, you need to use 30% food boosting the acquisition of the specific size you are after, those are the 10,000 meseta foods:

海岸ムール貝のオイルづけ - SMALL
遺跡エビのかき揚げ - MEDIUM
森林アユのトマト煮 - LARGE

furthermore, materials for MEDIUM and LARGE food can be purchased off player shop, however materials for SMALL booster you can only purchase the olives but not the shelfish (海岸ムール貝) it is a rare drop from fishing on vopal.
So basically people who need rings that use Sapphires are screwed - THANKS SEGA.

Anyways I feel like the booster helps sine I've been using a wrong booster and didn't get gems and then I used the correct one and got a single gem. Especially make sure you use the correct food if you use special pickaxes (the 5% one.. or the AC one if you are crazy and spend money on this xD)[/spoiler-box]

Q. So... what are the Rock and Gem sizes?
Naberius Rock = Small
Wopal Rock = Large
Ass Rock = Medium
Forest Emerald = Medium
Ruins Amethyst = Large
Coast Sapphire = Small
Tokyo Opal = Large

Strategy:

Q. What's the best way to gather good stuff?
1. Make yourself some food related to what you want to Harvest.
2. Use fishing spots until you get Fever. If you run out of Fishing spots, just use Mining spots.
3. When Fever starts, eat the food you brought, and Harvest the hell out of everything.
4. During Fever, use any special Picks/Rods you have. Don't wait for the Fishing circle, just hit the botton.
5. Have a bunch of characters to repeat this on.

Q. I don't have money to make more characters.
As of Episode 4, you can make up to three characters per account, for free. That's more than enough.

Q. What are the Rock and Gem sizes?
Naberius Rock = Small
Wopal Rock = Large
Ass Rock = Medium
Forest Emerald = Medium
Ruins Amethyst = Large
Coast Sapphire = Small
Tokyo Opal = Large

Q. I can't find any Fishing spots!
Some maps don't have any, because they were never designed for it. Great, huh?
For Tokyo, look for a large square on the map. That's the park, with a pond in the center. If there isn't one, just reload until you get a map with it.
For Ruins, water sources are usually around the long arcing bridge tile, and areas with holes in the floor, or literally touching water.

Q. Does the Fishing Just Attack circle actually do anything?
Reportedly, no. Rares and One More still occur regardless. Feel free to ignore the circle during Fevers.

Q. Enemies keep interrupting me!!
Bring some Friend/Support Partners and hope they don't suck.
Note that if they spam buffs, you won't be able to clearly see the Fishing Just Guard effect.

Q. Uh, I was attacked by an enemy and now I'm stuck permanently.
Working as intended. It's not a bug, it's a feature!
Actually, it's a bug. SEGA just hasn't acknowledged it yet, as far as I'm aware of.

Client Orders:

Q. I heard they added Gathering Orders that give tons of cash?
Yeah, the butler has a few. Good luck completing them, because you'll need a lot to do so.

Q. How the hell do I complete the butler's dailies??
By being extremely lucky with drops.
Seriously. You need to keep Gathering and hope you get those items. But they are very, very rare.
Expect several characters and several days to clear one order.
Unless, of course, you throw real money at the game.

Q. Do I need to have the orders on me to get those butler items?
Reportedly, no.

Q. Why does the butler sound like Freeza from the Japanese DragonBall Z?
Because he's only at 50% of his maximum.

Skill Rings:

Q. Are there any limitations I should be aware of?
Yes. You cannot use a Skill Rnig if your Main or Sub Class has the same Skill.
For example, you cannot use PP Convert Ring if your Main or Sub Class happen to be Techer.

Q. What do I need for Skill Rings?
http://www.fulldive.nu/2016/03/09/frankas-cafe-hits-skill-ring-info/

Q. Are Rings bound to character?
No. You can also register them as part of your equipment My Sets.

Q. Wait, Rings come with stats?
Yes, apparently so.

Q. How do I increase Ring level?
Left Rings and Right Rings work differently.
Right Rings require you wear them and do stuff to gain Ring EXP before you can upgrade.
I haven't tried Left Rings, but you may be able to just grind them via the usual method.
Reportedly, Right Rings will require the same kind of materials that you used to purchase them.

Q. What does grinding Rings do?
Increases the effects of the Ring, it seems. Reportedly, above +10 requires Lambda Grinders.
For Left Rings, You can select a bonus stat for each grind level, for a total of 19 bonus stats.

Q. Got a list of what the Skill Rings are and what they do?
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232644
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232715

Q. What Rings are worth getting??
From brief discussion with a friend:
- Twin Dagger Air Chase
- Stylish Front Roll
- Hunter Gear Save (particularly good for Wired Lances and Sword)
- Short Combat (depending on preference)
- Tech C Parrying
- Massive Hunter
- Perfect Keeper (Tech)
- PP Convert (but be wary that it does not come with Force's constant PP regeneration skill)

Q. Why not Knuckle Chase??
Well, first off it requires 15 Lambda Grinders to obtain. It also reportedly does not work in the air.
It was pointed out to me that Knuckles already has step dash, whereas Twin Daggers cannot step in the air without falling.
From what I've seen so far, the instant teleport distance is kind of similar to step dash, too.
Note that the chase teleport effect does affect step dash. If you love Knuckles, then by all means, go for it.

Q. Got any videos of the Chase Rings?
Knuckle Chase:
[spoiler-box]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnbgK9cfY0s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJXjEuhYUwA[/spoiler-box]

Twin Dagger Chase:
[spoiler-box]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4GNd7cHUDI
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm28386522[/spoiler-box]

Q. I'm running Fighter/Techer. Got any Ring recommendations?
Nope. No idea.

Other:

Q. This sucks. It's like a bad phone game. I want to quit.
So do a lot of other people, it seems.

Q. I am seriously not dealing with this.
Assuming you didn't delete everything in disgust, maybe come back in a few years.
The game might be better then. Or worse. Or not even exist anymore.

Q. Remember when Phantasy Star was awesome, and not this pay2whatever crap?
Nostalgia glasses!!
Seriously... yes I do.

Q. Stop being such an elitist hater!! Some of us have real jobs and real lives!! We play for fun!!
I was trying to be funny.

Credits:
- People on this forum
- Bumped
- Selphea
- Naoya
- Manta Oyamada
- FANSean
- Z-0
- Steverowland
- Stormwalker
- final_attack
- The first last one
- The people who recorded those videos

landman
Mar 9, 2016, 06:54 PM
5/5, not a single thing missing.

Selphea
Mar 9, 2016, 06:58 PM
Whaaa I don't even have anything in my link related to gathering yet either xD Try Naoya's spreadsheet.

No idea what's needed though. I take it all the mats will be in English soon enough, then it's just a matter of checking the shop list, and everything gathering-related is all in the same place. People really really shouldn't mess up here when the names are so obvious like "Naberius Crystal" and "Forest Emerald"

Grinding mats and ring level up stats might be a problem. I'll might eventually get to that, but it'll take time. That's about it I think.

More important I think is how the rings are gonna affect builds, and how Maron/Melon affect SU gameplay. It looks like they have a guard and a self-destruct, and everything else is a copy paste of existing stuff like Sari Chaser and Wanda Break.

TaigaUC
Mar 9, 2016, 07:49 PM
Corrected the Selphea link stuff, sorry.

I'm lazy to look at Maron/Melon. Will talk about them in another thread.

Rehal
Mar 9, 2016, 11:40 PM
More important I think is how the rings are gonna affect builds, and how Maron/Melon affect SU gameplay. It looks like they have a guard and a self-destruct, and everything else is a copy paste of existing stuff like Sari Chaser and Wanda Break.

New pets Chaser tracks well like Ilmegid, and it lasts quite long too so I'd say it's a copy paste of Ilmegid instead. :wacko:

Also it's faster than Sari Chaser so it's kinda fun to use too, not sure about damage since mine is only at lv 40 atm. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZccqrBOJFXg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZccqrBOJFXg

final_attack
Mar 10, 2016, 09:56 AM
Dunno if it also the same as other rings .....

+10 -> +11 of CritStrike(Ranged) use additional 3 LambdaGrinders orz
I guess make sure it never failed by using +30% GrindSuccess (the Sapphire is so rare, and I don't really have much Lambda Grinders orz )
Hopefully the cost doesn't increase at +15 -> +16 orz

CritStrike(Ranged) gives crit rate (I think the same as the amount of "+"), since so far (Lv11) it does give same critRate as number of "+"

Might want to get it, I think? Especially when playing TMG Gu (I didn't really play other classes). Though I'm not sure it's worth the money, since I heard it's +5% crit damage at +20 ..... +11 gave 2% CritDamage and 11% CritRate.

AmanoMai
Mar 10, 2016, 10:27 AM
I heard it's +5% crit damage at +20 ..... +11 gave 2% CritDamage and 11% CritRate.

it's 19.8% crit rate and 3% crit dmg at +20

DRAGONxNOGARD
Mar 10, 2016, 10:33 AM
what can craft of gathered items and where is ring vendor?

Zeroem
Mar 10, 2016, 09:10 PM
I was thinking, maybe the using fish to build up fever is not always the 'right' move to take, especially if you're preparing for gathering specific material for specific food and not always hunting for jewel like most people did.

Now with the info that size-specific boost food might become the meta for jewel-farming (and of course mineral-boost food for rocks farming), I guess the other materials might not 100% worthless like I expected it to be (Like Ruins Wheat, Coast Moule, and Forest Sweetfish).

Maybe I was overthinking about this, but again i never had enough stamina to do any meaningful experiment ._.

As a side note, i wonder if RDR boost play a part in this system or not.

final_attack
Mar 10, 2016, 10:20 PM
wiki says RDR doesn't affect gathering.

from experience on Coast gathering (I'm making CriticalStrikeRanged), starting with fishing, even if it's still rng, usually I got 1 Moule, to make into MineralBoostFood.

Start with fishing is good, though, at least for Coast..

Stormwalker
Mar 11, 2016, 12:28 AM
I can verify that you can get gemstones in VH - got six emeralds in VH Forest on one of my alts (incidentally, twice as many as I've gotten on the other three characters I've done this with combined).

As a note: TD Air Chase is great on bosses. It does not magically turn Daggers into a good mobbing weapon. As such, I think there is still a good use for Knuckle Chase if you can get both (which I can't, at least not yet).

That said, Front S Roll seems far more revolutionary in terms of what it does for TMG gameplay. This is partly because I play with a controller and switching PA palettes in midair is very awkward, I'm sure, but... now I can use my 3 x Satellite Aim palette FAR more effectively than I could in the past, which has done very good things for my ability to sustain damage output.

Also, you forgot one important question for your FAQ:

Q: Did I really just dig up a tomato while mining?
A: No, this is all a bad dream.

TaigaUC
Mar 11, 2016, 01:43 AM
^Added.

JP wiki says difficulty doesn't affect what stuff you get.

Stormwalker
Mar 11, 2016, 12:48 PM
So far, my testing indicates that TD Air Chase only works on two PA's: Facet Folia, and Scar Fugue, as well as the air normal attack. I thought I had seen it work on Orchestra a couple of times, but was not able to replicate this when I went to floating continent and started testing with a pillar there.

It does work very consistently on those two PA's and on the normal attack, though, meaning combos like Symphonic Drive -> Facet Folia -> Orchestra works with no cancel on Symphonic Drive. However, if Symphonic Drive knocks the target away from you, it will be out of range even with the chase. Additionally, if the target is knocked down, the chase attack will whiff. This is why TD Air Chase does not work well for mobbing - of the PA's you can form a mobile combo with (Symphonic Drive, Raging Waltz, Facet Folia, and Scar Fugue), three of them knock targets down consistently.

EDIT: I suppose you could mob with something like Facet Folia -> Orchestra -> Bloody Sarabande, since Bloody Sarabande has enough range it will likely hit something even if Orchestra kills everything in melee range.

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 11, 2016, 08:33 PM
Your question sections are best part for me. Love your humor lol

TaigaUC
Mar 12, 2016, 04:03 AM
Thanks. Glad someone likes it

I've been adding information and fixing up stuff.
I think it's mostly complete now. Just lazy to add stuff like grinding requirements, Skill Ring levels, etc.

Hrith
Mar 12, 2016, 04:51 AM
Q. I'm running Fighter/Techer. Got any Ring recommendations?
Nope. No idea.R/Attack Advance? Kind of a no brainer.

R/Boost Slayer is always useful (defensively), if you have no idea what else to use. Corruprions rape in Advanced or Ultimate modes and their attacks are not really easy to anticipate... I still have to test whether the ring works in Ultimate mode, but I'll have to get a decent level on it first.

nguuuquaaa
Mar 12, 2016, 05:35 AM
Can someone verify if Knuckle Chase and TD Chase ring have any difference between +1 and +20 or not? I have a feeling these and Short Combat ring do not need grinding at all.

TaigaUC
Mar 12, 2016, 09:23 AM
Does Attack Advance affect Techer's Gear-based elemental burst thingie?

I'm lacking materials to upgrade but I have those rings at around level 3 or something.
I'll check the JP swiki and update when I find out whether it changes.

nguuuquaaa
Mar 12, 2016, 09:26 AM
Attack Advance doesn't increase tech explosion damage, so I assume the ring doesn't either.

elryan
Mar 12, 2016, 10:42 AM
After half a week, I got enough materials to get 2 rings to Lv.20 without AC.

The problem is the ring level themselves aren't enough (yet).

The gathering system is not so bad after all I guess.

TaigaUC
Mar 12, 2016, 10:47 AM
TDエアチェイスとナックルチェイスってレベルでなんか違いあるん? 無いからやたら作成素材がアレなのか もしれないけど -- 2016-03-12 (土) 19:23:05 New!

TDエアチェイスLv15まで上げたけど違いはよく分からないですね。1~3あたりは追いかける距離が伸び てたような気がします(勘違いの可能性大)がそれ以降は体感的には何も変わってないです。でもスキルレベル は上がっているようなので変化があると信じて20まで上げようとは思ってます。 -- 2016-03-12 (土) 19:37:13 New!
TDエアチェイスの13~16は距離は同じ。動き回る敵はどっちかというとダガー使っていたしナックルはB HS定点かハートレスでの距離詰めが多いので、同じくTDは20まであげようかなと。TDエアチェイスはス テップ1.3回分、タゲ限界距離から接近限界まで通常9回+(ほんの少し)余り。LV1の人がいれば試して 頂ければ

First guy said 1-3 they felt like distance increased but that they're probably mistaken.
No significant difference from 1 to 15.
Second guy said 13-16 has no distance change.

If you up left rings you can pick a stat to go with it though. SATK, of course.

Z-0
Mar 12, 2016, 11:21 AM
Pretty sure it doesn't do anything, which is why the rings cost Lambda Grinders in the first place.

TaigaUC
Mar 12, 2016, 01:16 PM
Does it still cost Lambda Grinders to get them from +10 to +20?

nevershootme
Mar 12, 2016, 01:29 PM
Swiki says 3 lambda grinders per attempt from +10 to +20 (http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%82%B9%E3%82%AD%E3%83%AB%E3%83%AA%E3% 83%B3%E3%82%B0)

nguuuquaaa
Mar 12, 2016, 02:50 PM
My Knuckle Chase ring needs only 3 Naberius Rocks per level from +1 to +10, plus one Emerald (edit: it's actually Amethyst, I remember wrong) when going from +10 to +11, so I think it won't ever need Lambda Grinder anymore.
What a waste of material though, but I still have a lot of Rocks lying around (no Emerald dropping) so it's okay I guess.

Shinamori
Mar 13, 2016, 09:13 AM
Anyone played around with DS kamatachi ring?

TaigaUC
Mar 13, 2016, 10:41 AM
Someone talked about it elsewhere.
I looked it up on JP swiki after. Tried it briefly.
It doesn't use up Gear when it goes off. Higher level has a higher rate of it going off.
At +20 it's 100%. Chaos Riser and Hurricane Sender are the only PAs that don't trigger it.
Triggers twice during Illusion Rave, apparently.

So... it's basically infinite Kamaitachi.
It's also affected by Tech Arts JA Bonus.

Bellion
Mar 13, 2016, 10:49 AM
It doesn't use up Gear?! That's a real game changer right there.
Screw TD Air Chase, I've got Symphonic Drive, Wild Rhapsody, and TD Spin Move for that.
Screw Knuckle Chase, I've got Heartless Impact and generally use BHS on immobile enemies in the first place.

nguuuquaaa
Mar 13, 2016, 01:37 PM
I thought it was confirmed to not using gear since release?
Just test it, it seems the ring uses current gear as the base for Kamaitachi.
Acro Effect > Chaos Riser and I had full gear right back lol. It's time to throw Meteor Cudgel away.

raialeus
Mar 13, 2016, 04:19 PM
Something from Jp swiki

The Gather-Count per spot (3 times unless Fever) is determined by Account.
So if you have at least two characters, you can use one character to farm each spot Twice, then use the other character to farm up the last count to gain extra combo bonus (+1 or +2).
Under this method, your other character would only need to spend 90-130 stamina before Guaranteed fever.
This is assuming you enter the same "room", so it really can't be done unless you have a friend/teammate to host a room for you so you can make the char switch.

Even then, I am not sure if this is worth it, but it does guarantee fever with some Stamina left. :wacko:

GuardianGirth
Mar 14, 2016, 12:36 PM
Ok soo.........Ring EXP....is there any point to this?

I understand with grinders and certain rocks, that you can grind up your rings further. That part makes sense to me..

I was under the impression at first that just killing enemies would also level up the ring as well but I swear over the past few days they just decide to go up and down between %s and it never gets to the end and I never see a level up or any increase or anything.
I thought it was enemy kills. Maybe boss kills. Maybe quest completion. None of it seems to follow any pattern. Cause if we really are only allow to do a little mining a day for materials you absolutely need to grind these, then wow this is just pathetic garbage.

I'm legit confused as this point.

Z-0
Mar 14, 2016, 12:40 PM
Your ring level is the highest you can grind it to (check the number next to ring level). Your ring is levelling up, just levelling up on its own does nothing.

Bellion
Mar 14, 2016, 12:42 PM
It resets because you leveled up the ring. Say you have 60% exp to level 3, and once you get it to level 3 it will be at 0%. Once you level up to 3, you can then grind it to +3. You have to level it up 20 times in order to grind it to +20. There are parenthesis next to the ring % that tells you what is the max you can currently grind up to.

GuardianGirth
Mar 14, 2016, 12:58 PM
Ok cool cause I was seriously sitting here going "I just did 5 fucking aqs and these percents arent making any sense to me lol"

DRAGONxNOGARD
Mar 15, 2016, 04:21 PM
what ring should use as gu/ra and ra/br?

Stormwalker
Mar 15, 2016, 05:32 PM
what ring should use as gu/ra and ra/br?

That's pretty subjective based on your build and your playstyle.

I went with L / Front S-Roll for GU/RA, and I like it a lot. I also went with R / Critical Strike Ranged and... I suppose it's nice.

I couldn't begin to tell you what to use for RA/BR. I didn't even realize RA/BR was still a thing. But then, the only time you will ever catch me on RA main is if I have to be (i.e. levelling RA or earning cubes for it).

DRAGONxNOGARD
Mar 15, 2016, 05:35 PM
That's pretty subjective based on your build and your playstyle.

I went with L / Front S-Roll for GU/RA, and I like it a lot. I also went with R / Critical Strike Ranged and... I suppose it's nice.

I couldn't begin to tell you what to use for RA/BR. I didn't even realize RA/BR was still a thing. But then, the only time you will ever catch me on RA main is if I have to be (i.e. levelling RA or earning cubes for it).

i cant gather one faking coast saphire so i bought R / Boost Slayer...too thinking about R / Massive Hunter for gu/ra

TaigaUC
Mar 15, 2016, 10:27 PM
I'm using Front S-Roll and Critical Strike Ranged for Gu/Ra.

So... the Katana Gear Guard Ring:
Hold Guard and after a few seconds you will activate Gear.
Useful for during Katana Combat invincibility, when you are unable to guard.
Drains real quick until you grind the ring, though.

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 4, 2016, 02:00 AM
for Br/Ra what would be an ideal Right King to use? the BR accessible Left ring appears useless for Bow BR. I assumed Massive Hunter or Critical Strike.....I am using a Red Bow for the time being until I get a 13* one (probably austere or Orbit idk yet)

TaigaUC
Apr 4, 2016, 07:11 AM
I'd use Critical Strike.
I've found that some combinations don't have a useful Left ring, at all.

Shadowstarkirby
Apr 4, 2016, 07:14 PM
Do these "size boosting" foods even really work? I made like 30 Ruins Shrimp Tempura that supposedly boosts Forest Emerald rates, yet when I boost 2 characters back to back usually triggering fevers at 80/10 Collect Stamina, I often get no gems. Even when I do get gems, I usually only get one. These boosts feel like they do jack shit which is a far cry from Rare Drop Boosters, it just feels like a waste of money.

TaigaUC
Apr 5, 2016, 03:12 AM
It seems to either be hit or miss.
I haven't been using them anymore, and I get maybe gems or rocks once.

When I use them, sometimes I get no gems or rocks.
But sometimes, when I use them, I get tons of gems and rocks.
That doesn't seem to happen if I don't use them.

nguuuquaaa
Apr 5, 2016, 03:31 AM
My main char got more gems/rocks whenever I wasn't using any boosting foods. The other two doesn't seem out of place.

I guess RNG just loves trolling us.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 5, 2016, 05:28 AM
Foods feel like they work for me. When I went nab rock hunting, the tokyo tai fish dish resulted in at least a half dozen rocks per character on a decently timed fever. Then there were the occasions where I'd wish the game would stop giving me gemstones when I used mineral food.

Loveless62
Apr 5, 2016, 09:24 AM
I can definitely vouch for Tokyo Terayaki Tai Fish for getting rocks. It helped me a lot as rocks have been a limiting factor for me for grinding rings, and I seem to have better luck with finding gems at the same time.

The biggest problem with Tokyo Terayaki Tai Fish is that it is easy to run out of it, as you need rare fish from Tokyo to make more.

TaigaUC
Apr 15, 2016, 01:39 AM
A JP friend just told me that current food does not actually boost rare gem rate much.
It's only a 2% increase right now. What the hell.

If I look at the JP wiki, commenters are saying something about the next update having food that boosts gem drop rate.

Kondibon
Apr 15, 2016, 05:10 AM
If I look at the JP wiki, commenters are saying something about the next update having food that boosts gem drop rate.Yeah, it's probably gonna require stuff from lilipa.

SS4
Jun 7, 2017, 11:42 AM
So to avoid inventory clutter i can get rid of everything except rocks and gems which are the only thing needed to make rings. while the other crap is meant to slightly getting rock/gems faster while filling up our inventory and wasting our stamina so we are tempted to spend AC on the game.
I think i got it!

dnyce13
Apr 12, 2020, 10:38 AM
Which support items may be used to increase success rate of enhancing right rings? I currently don't have anything in inventory or storage that can assist with this. These are tough to grind without some support items.

Anduril
Apr 12, 2020, 12:18 PM
Which support items may be used to increase success rate of enhancing right rings? I currently don't have anything in inventory or storage that can assist with this. These are tough to grind without some support items.

Just the Success Up support items, not to be confused with the Great Success Up version.

dnyce13
Apr 12, 2020, 04:10 PM
Where do you obtain them success up?

Dark Mits
Apr 13, 2020, 12:49 AM
If I remember correctly, 5% and 10% are random rare rewards from FUN scratch. I don't remember where 20% is bought from. 30% can be bought with excubes or at the Casino, but the cost is not worth it.

My suggestion would be to not use Grind Success +X% support items on rings. Rings have 80% success rate on all levels (or was it 85%?). Materials are plentiful, and on average you should expect 3-4 Failures while levelling it up from 1 to 20. Grind Success support tickets are better saved for grinding Old-Type weapons for titles, or units to +10.

Loveless62
Apr 14, 2020, 10:45 AM
Grind Success 5% comes from FUN Scratch.
Grind Success 10% comes from the FUN shop for 2500 FUN points (about 5 ex-cubes worth, sort of, if you buy FUN tickets from the ex-cube shop).
Grind Success 20% comes from the recycle shop at the cost of 8 AC items, an absurd price.
Grind Success 30% comes from the ex-cube shop for 20 ex-cubes.

Edit: there are other sources for these items (e.g. player shops for some), but these are the primary sources, I think.

As was stated, the best solution may be to have an abundance of mats. You can more or less farm lambda grinders from divide quests (JP version only). As for gems and rocks, there are gathering foods that can help you get those. See the Bumped guide here (https://www.bumped.org/psublog/cuisine-list/).

Edit: also look at the Bumped material booster guide here (http://www.bumped.org/psublog/gathering-material-boosters/).

dnyce13
Apr 14, 2020, 12:31 PM
I just wanted to say thank you for the response and I experienced grinding units for the first time and those are definitely way more difficult to max out than a ring. I need to get used to the new North American terminology because in the Japanese version when I used to play that one the name for all the items are different. That is probably why I had a little trouble finding which items do what.

mother clusterfck
Apr 17, 2020, 12:57 PM
Since someone just bumped this guide, there are some outdated parts e.g. that there is no food boosting gathering rate of gems, etc.