PDA

View Full Version : PSA: there is no gem gathering 50% food (and what to use for the specific gem guide)

steverowland
Mar 10, 2016, 08:31 AM
Too many gathering topics so I'll just make it PSA

So I see a lot of people complain about not getting gems while using 50% boost (and don't worry, I only got a 1 gem in like total of 100 instances of mining across multiple chars so its not like it makes a huge difference).
However the food they are using is boosting the wrong thing.

refer to this website to find what type of material is what: http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?ギャザリング

As you can see, gems are as expected type 宝石 - gemstone
However there is NO food that boosts the chance to get this type.
There is a 50% booster to get 鉱石 - ore(stone) - the second kanji for stone is the same so people might have made a mistake there and cofused it with gem.
However using said booster (東京マダイの照り焼き) will only help you get more ores (which are used for grinding rings etc) but it will actually not help (and maybe even hinder) your chance to get gemstones, when you get a rare drop it will more likely be rare ore.

In order to boost acquisition of gemstones, you need to use food for the specific SIZE, not type.
Logic would imply that gemstome are "small" however thats not the case, each gemstone is different.

森林エメラルド-中型 - forest emerald - MEDIUM
遺跡アメジスト-大型 - ruins amethyst - LARGE
海岸サファイア-小型 - beach sapphire - SMALL
東京オパール-大型 - tokyo opal - LARGE

So in order to increase your chance for gems, you need to use 30% food boosting the acquisition of the specific size you are after, those are the 10,000 meseta foods:

海岸ムール貝のオイルづけ - SMALL
遺跡エビのかき揚げ - MEDIUM
森林アユのトマト煮 - LARGE

furthermore, materials for MEDIUM and LARGE food can be purchased off player shop, however materials for SMALL booster you can only purchase the olives but not the shelfish (海岸ムール貝) it is a rare drop from fishing on vopal.
So basically people who need rings that use Sapphires are screwed - THANKS SEGA.

Anyways I feel like the booster helps sine I've been using a wrong booster and didn't get gems and then I used the correct one and got a single gem. Especially make sure you use the correct food if you use special pickaxes (the 5% one.. or the AC one if you are crazy and spend money on this xD)

Evangelion X.XX
Mar 10, 2016, 08:37 AM
More specifically, use this link for gathering items/food:

http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%82%AE%E3%83%A3%E3%82%B6%E3%83%AA%E3% 83%B3%E3%82%B0

Use Google Translate if you must.

steverowland
Mar 10, 2016, 08:39 AM
More specifically, use this link: for gathering items/food:

http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%82%AE%E3%83%A3%E3%82%B6%E3%83%AA%E3% 83%B3%E3%82%B0

That's the same link as in my post except mine looks better cause its shorter :P

TaigaUC
Mar 10, 2016, 08:47 PM
Yeah, I noticed the food referred to sizes earlier.
Didn't know what the sizes for what were, though.

Again, the whole system really seems unnecessarily bloated and overcomplicated.
Anyway, will add this to my crappy guide. Thanks.

Keilyn
Mar 10, 2016, 09:06 PM
Too many gathering topics so I'll just make it PSA

So I see a lot of people complain about not getting gems while using 50% boost (and don't worry, I only got a 1 gem in like total of 100 instances of mining across multiple chars so its not like it makes a huge difference).
However the food they are using is boosting the wrong thing.

refer to this website to find what type of material is what: http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?ギャザリング

As you can see, gems are as expected type 宝石 - gemstone
However there is NO food that boosts the chance to get this type.
There is a 50% booster to get 鉱石 - ore(stone) - the second kanji for stone is the same so people might have made a mistake there and cofused it with gem.
However using said booster (東京マダイの照り焼き) will only help you get more ores (which are used for grinding rings etc) but it will actually not help (and maybe even hinder) your chance to get gemstones, when you get a rare drop it will more likely be rare ore.

In order to boost acquisition of gemstones, you need to use food for the specific SIZE, not type.
Logic would imply that gemstome are "small" however thats not the case, each gemstone is different.

森林エメラルド-中型 - forest emerald - MEDIUM
遺跡アメジスト-大型 - ruins amethyst - LARGE
海岸サファイア-小型 - beach sapphire - SMALL
東京オパール-大型 - tokyo opal - LARGE

So in order to increase your chance for gems, you need to use 30% food boosting the acquisition of the specific size you are after, those are the 10,000 meseta foods:

海岸ムール貝のオイルづけ - SMALL
遺跡エビのかき揚げ - MEDIUM
森林アユのトマト煮 - LARGE

furthermore, materials for MEDIUM and LARGE food can be purchased off player shop, however materials for SMALL booster you can only purchase the olives but not the shelfish (海岸ムール貝) it is a rare drop from fishing on vopal.
So basically people who need rings that use Sapphires are screwed - THANKS SEGA.

Anyways I feel like the booster helps sine I've been using a wrong booster and didn't get gems and then I used the correct one and got a single gem. Especially make sure you use the correct food if you use special pickaxes (the 5% one.. or the AC one if you are crazy and spend money on this xD)

interesting....

I haven't used a single booster (didn't know they existed) and I have 25 forest emeralds.....

SteveCZ
Mar 10, 2016, 09:55 PM
I may be missing something, but I can't find the medium food one on AIDA nor in campship. Where can I find them? :(
I only got them from leveling up the mining/fishing.

Xion14Blade
Mar 10, 2016, 09:58 PM
I may be missing something, but I can't find the medium food one on AIDA nor in campship. Where can I find them? :(
I only got them from leveling up the mining/fishing.

You gotta unlock achievements from fishing/mining. I think there's a list on what you need to do to unlock on bumped (http://www.bumped.org/psublog/cuisine-list/) so you can check there.

SteveCZ
Mar 10, 2016, 10:00 PM
Oh lol ok didn't read that achievements part. Thanks! :D