PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Camo

GlowSticks
Mar 11, 2016, 09:37 PM
Only one at a time?

Why is this? -.-

Seems quite ridiculous IMO.

Is there an answer why the did this? Doesn't seem very logical to limit to one skin. Maybe I am missing something. Lmk

Hysteria1987
Mar 11, 2016, 09:44 PM
It is a bit illogical, but you can kinda sorta get around their weird limitations if you use saved chat macros to change weapons.

Eg. As a FO if I want to change to my light tree, I'll press ctrl+F8 or whatever it is, which has the command /mpal 4 /spal 4 /cmf *something.

It's... not a perfect system though. The weapon and subpallette always change without a problem (except input lag), but sometimes the camo command just... won't... work.

GlowSticks
Mar 11, 2016, 11:10 PM
It is a bit illogical, but you can kinda sorta get around their weird limitations if you use saved chat macros to change weapons.

Eg. As a FO if I want to change to my light tree, I'll press ctrl+F8 or whatever it is, which has the command /mpal 4 /spal 4 /cmf *something.

It's... not a perfect system though. The weapon and subpallette always change without a problem (except input lag), but sometimes the camo command just... won't... work.

Ah, I think that's a bit too much tinkering for just weapon skins.. Not sure their reasoning behind the limitation, but indeed they need to fix...

-.- Sure i could go all hardcore like that, but something as a skin, I don't find it at all necessary to do such things.

Bought a wired lance PA the chainsaw-type one, and well that overwrite my nyan cat thing sword skin... so it's either one or the other... Sucks

Anyhoo.. thanks for the response

AlphaBlob
Mar 11, 2016, 11:24 PM
I think the reason is because some camos cover more than 1 type of weapon. So for example:

You have a camo that cover Dual Dagger and Dual Blade, then you equip second camo that cover Dual blade, what happens?

If they added a multiple camo option, they would have to add a priority setting as well.

sparab
Mar 11, 2016, 11:37 PM
If sega wants to please players they could just make camo assigned to individual weapons like pets on duct.
Unfortunately, it will never happen.

AmanoMai
Mar 12, 2016, 03:09 AM
I think the reason is because some camos cover more than 1 type of weapon. So for example:

You have a camo that cover Dual Dagger and Dual Blade, then you equip second camo that cover Dual blade, what happens?

If they added a multiple camo option, they would have to add a priority setting as well.

no need

all they need to do is

assign camo to each WEAPON SLOT
(one camo can be assign as many times as needed)

done deal

need i remind everyone of how bad they screwed up the excubes recyle ? even though the solution is something so simple they managed to screw it up? like why?

untrustful
Mar 12, 2016, 03:18 AM
When sega does things, they do them in a specific manner. Take the partisan/rod/dsaber that drops from ringahda. I imagine sega had the idea of having a single weapon do multiple things, but it somehow didn't pan out, so they went with 3 separate weapons of the same weapon.

Somehow, sega couldn't get the camo system to work the way they wanted, and I guess they also could't have a "smart" excube system that keeps track of what you got that isn't locked.