PDA

View Full Version : A backup for the story patch.

Jaquecz
Mar 12, 2016, 01:42 PM
I heard somewhere that there was a faster way to go about uninstalling and reinstalling english story patch for updates. http://puu.sh/nE4lV/c85e5469c5.png

Was wondering where this "50MB" file is and how I can use it, because I don't really want to wait an hour every time I need to update to make sure It doesn't go and redownload the whole game on me because i didn't uninstall the english story patch.

Anduril
Mar 12, 2016, 02:01 PM
That was from the initial rollout of the Trans-Am system. Some things went wrong with that (the biggest issue being that the files weren't being restored properly thus needing you to redownload the original files anyway), so the traditional back-up was reinstated on request. And technically, the 50MB file is the story patch itself. In the olden days you had to download a 3GB+ torrent to get it and replace the files, as opposed to the Trans-Am system rewriting the files using the list.

Jaquecz
Mar 12, 2016, 02:42 PM
Oh, I guess that's nice to know, just gonna have to do things the slow way.
Also is it normal for "New Method" To still be completely unusuable as even despite having gone and uninstalled english patches it still believes the entire game is missing? Seriously it's like it's been forever broken.

Anduril
Mar 12, 2016, 03:30 PM
Oh, I guess that's nice to know, just gonna have to do things the slow way.
Also is it normal for "New Method" To still be completely unusuable as even despite having gone and uninstalled english patches it still believes the entire game is missing? Seriously it's like it's been forever broken.
Personally, I update using the official launcher, but I think I recall someone saying a possible fix for the New Method issue is to delete the do_not_delete_this_file (or something like that) with the game at Vanilla so that the Tweaker creates a new version of it.

the_importer_
Mar 12, 2016, 07:36 PM
Honestly, until they start translating EPIV, I personally don't see a reason to even reinstall the Story Patch since I'm done with EPI-III. Even then, story of EPIV doesn't look to interesting and since most of it is not interactive in the sense that they're not cut scenes during your gameplay, might as well wait for someone to upload them to YouTube with subs.