PDA

View Full Version : Yamato, Advance (EP4 Deluxe Package PV)

sparab
Mar 15, 2016, 01:56 AM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA1oNY2zelk

Breaking news: Su is allowed to participate the upcoming yamato raid!

Hysteria1987
Mar 15, 2016, 01:59 AM
I think I'll call it Bigger Vardha. Looks interesting though, I didn't really care about it before but I'm keen to give it a go now.

Breaking news: Su is allowed to participate the upcoming yamato raid!You 100% sure about that? :wacko:

Cyber Meteor
Mar 15, 2016, 07:10 AM
Looks like Yamato can actually fire sci-fi laser beams :D

Batty
Mar 15, 2016, 02:04 PM
i wonder if this will also be a 2 phases EQ like magatsu or falz elder/loser

pkemr4
Mar 15, 2016, 02:20 PM
inb4 scheduled only

the_importer_
Mar 15, 2016, 02:28 PM
Where was this filmed?

Kazzi
Mar 15, 2016, 02:43 PM
I'm actually almost disappointed that it's AIS again as fun as the whole thing looks.

Kondibon
Mar 15, 2016, 03:24 PM
I'm actually almost disappointed that it's AIS again as fun as the whole thing looks.Based on the trailer and videos it looks like only part of the fight is going to involve the AIS.

Kazzi
Mar 15, 2016, 04:12 PM
Based on the trailer and videos it looks like only part of the fight is going to involve the AIS.

That's pretty obvious. Though they have the UI turned off so there's no way of knowing if it's Magatsu SAI style or if we're going TD4 method.

Serinah
Mar 15, 2016, 04:16 PM
Urgh, AIS. Hopefully they won't take up a large part of the fight.

sparab
Mar 15, 2016, 04:26 PM
First Phrase
Fight off tanks, T-rex, and rats on the ice field, [S]with gun turrets

Second Phrase
Fight YMT otaku on the deck, with Su

Third Phrase
Stop phantom yamato before it reaches shore
AIS can glide in air because invisible floor[/SPOILER-BOX]

Kondibon
Mar 15, 2016, 04:31 PM
I'm pretty sure the AIS phase is going to be first, on account of all the water needing to be frozen before we can walk on it.

sparab
Mar 15, 2016, 04:51 PM
Water was frozen during intro, yamato somehow breaks the ice and starts floating onward

Poyonche
Mar 15, 2016, 05:28 PM
Yamato breaks the ice then starts to fly and shoot sci-fi lasers because photons.

Kondibon
Mar 15, 2016, 05:30 PM
Yamato breaks the ice then starts to fly and shoot sci-fi lasers because photons.
*Ether :wacko:

Achelousaurus
Mar 15, 2016, 06:28 PM
I think I'll call it Bigger Vardha. Looks interesting though, I didn't really care about it before but I'm keen to give it a go now.

You 100% sure about that? :wacko:
Not Floaty Vardha?

As silly as this looks, I am a tiny bit hyped cause the AIS part of the cutscene (new intro?) is in midair. Maybe we get flying AIS this time.

I actually should hope so cause a regular WW2 battleship is boring as fuck, especially in a science fantasy game like PSO2.

Kondibon
Mar 15, 2016, 06:30 PM
Not Floaty Vardha?

As silly as this looks, I am a tiny bit hyped cause the AIS part of the cutscene (new intro?) is in midair. Maybe we get flying AIS this time.AIS already fly... if you mean you're hoping for some sort of high midair battle, don't get your hopes up, they haven't shown any footage remotely like that.

yoshiblue
Mar 15, 2016, 06:35 PM
It went back in the past. under a different company.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6IpcH_HqzY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6IpcH_HqzY

Korima
Mar 15, 2016, 07:35 PM
I hope Yamato ship transforms into a mecha because if it doesn't, the PSO2 team is lazy as fuck, making and animate a ship like this is very easy and I will agree with a "normal" ship only if they launch more content with it.

AutumnChronicle
Mar 15, 2016, 08:59 PM
It would be really interesting to see a "diving" sequence, something like Kingdom Hearts 3D.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QlWllo-HhQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QlWllo-HhQ

I can imagine having to aim the freeze missile with TPS if that were the case.

Keilyn
Mar 15, 2016, 09:11 PM
PSO2 endgame seems to be omitting the need for endgame gear unless the players want faster clear times. This means having an incentive to have higher clear times such as having characters on multiple ships or multiple accounts.

At first I thought AIS was cool until I found out it pretty much voided the need for any measure of skill outside of simply coordinating among the twelve on when to use their AIS. We are at the point where in my experience given one or two max-clears per EQ, that pugs be them good or bad can clear just about anything. I haven't dealt with a single pug failure in weeks playing an EQ in this game....

of course this game is a casual game, which means if one is ever hoping to receive content where endgame gear actually matters and impacts everyone else or makes a name for oneself; this is not the game for such content.

This is why I login, do my

Crafting
Gathering
Featured Quests
Daily Orders
...and once a week I run my XQ/TACOs // per character

log out
play much more interesting games. ^_^

wefwq
Mar 15, 2016, 09:33 PM
ARKS thought frozing body of water surrounding Not-Yamato will stop it, but it just doesn't gave a single flying fuck.

sparab
Mar 15, 2016, 11:12 PM
At first I thought AIS was cool until I found out it pretty much voided the need for any measure of skill outside of simply coordinating among the twelve on when to use their AIS. We are at the point where in my experience given one or two max-clears per EQ, that pugs be them good or bad can clear just about anything. I haven't dealt with a single pug failure in weeks playing an EQ in this game....

You certainly miss out some of the best AIS pilots

[SPOILER-BOX]
www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q9oxookeKU[/SPOILER-BOX]
[SPOILER-BOX]Uploader is a gundam online player[/SPOILER-BOX]

Altiea
Mar 16, 2016, 12:27 AM

Does the concept of "arbitrary maximum range" not exist in Gundam Online?

raialeus
Mar 16, 2016, 12:40 AM

It's not fair to post videos of THE Legendary Ranger Naoki, who has like 6 threads on 2ch for his legendary play skills and achievements :wacko:

Keilyn
Mar 16, 2016, 12:48 AM

[SPOILER-BOX]
www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q9oxookeKU[/SPOILER-BOX]

After opening the site for Gundam Online and reading about the gameplay and seeing a few videos, I conclude the game is absolute garbage and has nothing on the skill required to play the following older games:

Armored Core (up to Armored Core 2)
MechWarrior III and IV (when it was great)

I played a lot of those games online, especially when netplay in Emulators allowed for Armored Core games to be played with people in the many netplay communities out there. Those to me were real mecha games and I remember a time where I beat every mission (that allowed it) in the armored core games with Swords, Rockets, Flamethrowers, and any manual weapon (non-autotarget/lock-on weapon) I could get my hands on... I even won against many players who used all the lock-on shit against me...

As far as Mechwarrior IV went, I remember having so much fun being in a good group and winning a lot against enemy groups and the planning and real skill it required. I got used to using VoIP because of games like this.

Informing me about "best" AIS pilots and their capabilities reminds me of when I worked at Yellowstone National Park and the people who were my bosses asked me in the pub after work "Don't you drink? We never see you!" and I said "Its not that I don't drink....on the contrary I like drinks, but I won't sink myself so low to drink the filth here!!! Just touching it makes me feel in league with the dishonored and the damned who put this craft to shame! If I want a real drink, I shall make it myself!"

Sometimes I feel that we are given so many conveniences that while it gives everyone the chance to take part in something, it also robs away from the genuine flavor and experience, and it even at times begins harming tradition and changing behavior. There are players who earned the right to go through content that would test their skills out as a group or alone, and actually mean something....

SEGAs answer seems to be "Everyone can enjoy all the content, and we will make it easy for casuals too regardless level requirements. In exchange, all the drop-rates will be shit and we won't give endgamers any real content to justify spending all those hours gathering and raising the best of the best gear out there..."

I feel in order to have fun I have to run the SHAQ at level 80 Solo or Duo.

Achelousaurus
Mar 17, 2016, 09:25 AM
AIS already fly... if you mean you're hoping for some sort of high midair battle, don't get your hopes up, they haven't shown any footage remotely like that.
Pity. That trailer (new intro?) makes it look like there is midair battle...against lame ww2 figther planes.
Feels like I'm watching some WW2 related TV series.