PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 wired controller help ( keys are placed backwards)

deusalkaiser
Mar 15, 2016, 11:10 AM
hello i recently purchased a xbox 360 wired controller after my old Logitech cordless rumble-pad 2 got messed up finally after almost 12 years.

this was my old controller which mimic ps2 controller: http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Cordless-Rumblepad-Vibration-Feedback/dp/B0002XJBGE

my problem now is when i enter pso2 and plug and play controller my keys are all messed up and weird such as:

pressing X button or 1 in my old controller is cancel instead of B aka 3 from before.

B is accept and not to mention no start for menu and tps not working when i click right side analog stick.

i have a lot of games which have this backwards default keys is there any way for me to fix this? my cousin uses similar controller and his keys are almost identical to the ps2 stuff this seem to have default from another region or something.

has anyone had any problem with this before? i can't find answer anywhere, the default keys for the xbox 360 suck i was assuming it was the same or similar to the ones for the pc gamepads like the logitech mentioned before. I never really configured my old controller i left it default which felt right at home or similar to all the ps2-ps3 games set up. I heard japan has different default set up for their controllers such as A cancel and B accept.

Any information is appreciated.

P.S i went to options inside the game and reset to default and changed key layout to A-B-C instead of 1-2-3 keys but when i go to set up controller i cant place keys right as when i use A for 2 and 3 for B similar to ps3 control set up it changes others keys around.

Achelousaurus
Mar 15, 2016, 11:25 AM
Sounds like you have your pso2 ingame settings based on the old gamepad button layout is all.
With "Basic Gamepad settings" you can change that and change what button is display how.

That aside, I got a wired 360 controller, too, recently.
But I returned it the nextday when I realized no matter what I couldn't get 6 axis.
Friend of mine said he can but he's on win 10 (I am on 7).

Can you actually use L and R Trigger at the same time?
Or do they cancel each other out?

deusalkaiser
Mar 15, 2016, 12:24 PM
i can use L and R but they are random keys like menu or something weird.

I am on win 10 as well

jooozek
Mar 15, 2016, 12:53 PM
if you are on windows 10 and upgraded to fall update use the device manager to rollback to old xbox 360 wired controller drivers, pick upgrade and select to manually pick drivers and then chose the old ones from 2009 or 2010, don't remember now, those new ones fucked up for me shit up too

Achelousaurus
Mar 15, 2016, 06:21 PM
You can use L and R at the same time? Cause on win XP and win 7 they share a single axis. Using both at once is the same as if you'd push an analog stick up and down at the same time (or just don't touch it).

Maybe win 10 fixed this.

deusalkaiser
Mar 16, 2016, 08:57 AM
i finally figured some things out i reset control and pso2 settings back to default and then i set control to "standard" and just changed A and B. I got most of my things back to the default ps2 settings i had before but i am only having 1 single problem now.

Y button or old number 4 does not seem to work to check/pick up stuff or check computer for storage etc.

Anyone know how to change this back to normal?

Alenoir
Mar 16, 2016, 11:02 AM
Y button or old number 4 does not seem to work to check/pick up stuff or check computer for storage etc.

I don't know your old set up, but on a default setting Y/triangle/up face button is not used to pickup stuffs or access anything, that's the job of B/circle/right face button.

You may be able to change it in the settings, dunno. May just be easier to learn the new setup.

deusalkaiser
Mar 16, 2016, 11:11 AM
I don't know your old set up, but on a default setting Y/triangle/up face button is not used to pickup stuffs or access anything, that's the job of B/circle/right face button.

You may be able to change it in the settings, dunno. May just be easier to learn the new setup.

thank you i had no idea that was the default set up for it.