PDA

View Full Version : Recycle Shop Change

Z-0
Mar 15, 2016, 12:57 PM
http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/?id=8387

tl;dr Items in, Items Out

Because hardly anybody liked the new recycle shop change last maintenance, and because it's hard to count when you're trading in a lot of items (plus it's just annoying if not trading in a lot of items), they're changing the recycle shop again:

- The "choose how many you want" option will be removed.
- When trading in for items, it will calculate the maximum number you can obtain.

For example, if you give in 12 10* weapons, you'll get 12 Excubes. If you give in 7 10* units, you'll get 1 Sphere (and 2 units back).

Gaylar
Mar 15, 2016, 12:59 PM
So basically how it should have been from the start?

Xaeris
Mar 15, 2016, 01:00 PM
I always figured there was some existing limitation in their code that prevented them from doing this in the first place. So we've been putting up with this BS because they thought it was a legitimately good interface? That's...something. Oh well, at least they listened to the complaints and responded promptly.

Shadowth117
Mar 15, 2016, 01:25 PM
I always figured there was some existing limitation in their code that prevented them from doing this in the first place. So we've been putting up with this BS because they thought it was a legitimately good interface? That's...something. Oh well, at least they listened to the complaints and responded promptly.

No. You'll actually already see a more proper implementation, which has been in since crafting came out, in the crafting desyth area. Why this wasn't something they felt like doing for cubes, I have no idea. I realize different people might have worked on crafting versus general interface, but it would seem like a no brainer to let people select however many rather than selecting a set amount for whatever reason.

Gwyndolin
Mar 15, 2016, 01:32 PM

Yes, I'm pleasantly surprised they turned this around so quickly.

Enforcer MKV
Mar 15, 2016, 01:34 PM

Laziness. The limitation you're looking for is laziness.

Maybe that's a bit unfair. I mean, I'm sure making horrible looking costumes took priority.

Totally not bitter. Nope.

TaigaUC
Mar 15, 2016, 01:42 PM
Amazing. Honestly wasn't expecting them to care.
Must have been a lot of complaints.

Kondibon
Mar 15, 2016, 01:45 PM
Amazing. Honestly wasn't expecting them to care.
Must have been a lot of complaints.They're pretty prompt about changes people want if fixing them wouldn't circumvent an AC thing.

Mizel
Mar 15, 2016, 01:58 PM
That's the fastest i've ever seen SEGA respond to feedback. I guess with enough complaints, anything is possible.

landman
Mar 15, 2016, 02:03 PM
Has any Japanese player complained about the "confirm" button changes in the gamepad regarding NPC text bubbles? basically it has had for four years the "skip" function the key Ctrl has by holding it and now I need to smash the button.

Z-0
Mar 15, 2016, 02:09 PM
It still works... you hold Ctrl, lol.

On gamepad, you hold cancel.

pkemr4
Mar 15, 2016, 02:19 PM
now if only the let you spam E or esc when you mine something instead of hitting enter

landman
Mar 15, 2016, 02:27 PM
It still works... you hold Ctrl, lol.

That's what I do, but it's still annoying to use the keyboard for something I didn't need to before.

On gamepad, you hold cancel.
Nope, not in my cancel button (in my case B button)

the_importer_
Mar 15, 2016, 02:30 PM
Speaking of changes, how to the JPN players feel about gathering?

Shadowstarkirby
Mar 15, 2016, 02:39 PM
Thank god. Seriously, that update just made exchange so much more cumbersome. I did get used to it though...and by used to it, I mean do the same 1:1 and 10:10 cube exchange only with more button clicking because after a while playing the "Guess the # of rares in your inventory!" game, it overall felt slower than just doing the former.

xxmadplayerxx
Mar 15, 2016, 04:00 PM
TBH i didn't mind it, it took less time than it did previously, but since they are changing it will take even less time!, hopefully they do that with Zieg too

Tunga
Mar 15, 2016, 04:10 PM
So we won't be able to cube 9,990 weapons now? ffs sega...

In all seriousness that system was awful. But it's nice to know they did not let it live for more than a week.

Z-0
Mar 15, 2016, 05:01 PM
That's what I do, but it's still annoying to use the keyboard for something I didn't need to before.

Nope, not in my cancel button (in my case B button)
Try jump. I press × (which is my jump and cancel button) and it works fine. In both cases though you must only start holding after the first bubble comes up, doesn't work if you hold it beforehand, never has done.

Speaking of changes, how to the JPN players feel about gathering?
It got panned, nobody likes it.

landman
Mar 15, 2016, 06:12 PM
Try jump. I press × (which is my jump and cancel button) and it works fine. In both cases though you must only start holding after the first bubble comes up, doesn't work if you hold it beforehand, never has done.

Yes, that's how it has always worked for me as well, but something changed this update and it's no longer working, both in my main PC and in a Virtual machine.

Edit: actually, no, before the update I used the confirm button, now nothing works.

Achelousaurus
Mar 15, 2016, 06:25 PM
Sounds nice. And I'm pleasantly surprised Sega is changing this so quickly. Thought it would stick with us for a long time.

untrustful
Mar 15, 2016, 07:19 PM

I LEGIT THOUGHT THIS TOO.

Laziness. The limitation you're looking for is laziness.

THIS TOO.

gj sega you did a thing

Selphea
Mar 15, 2016, 07:21 PM
Now the bottleneck is mass tekking, not mass cubing :O!

Misaki Ki
Mar 15, 2016, 07:50 PM
Tekking was always the issue for me, excubbing always went pretty fast so I never considered it much of an issue.

I'm pretty sure right now I have over 1000 untekked rares sitting in storage..... *cries*

SteveCZ
Mar 15, 2016, 08:13 PM
I enjoy the tradition of people melting their net and computer after the lots-of-drops EQ. Maybe just leave it that way for tekking. :wacko:

I'm pretty sure right now I have over 1000 untekked rares sitting in storage..... *cries*

Solution: Select all, discard. I did it once cause I was sick of it too (and was curious as well), just for "FUN". :D

Aine
Mar 15, 2016, 08:52 PM
For example, if you give in 12 10* weapons, you'll get 12 Excubes. If you give in 7 10* units, you'll get 1 Sphere (and 2 units back).

technically it doesn't specify you'll get excess items back so there's a chance those 2 units will get eaten up by SEGA programming

Z-0
Mar 15, 2016, 08:56 PM
Yeah, it doesn't but I'm going to *assume* they'll come back, since it says it'll calculate the "maximum amount" you're entitled to.

Ah, what am I kidding, they'll get eaten up. _(:3」∠)_

Zeroem
Mar 15, 2016, 09:10 PM
And just when I'm getting used to it. Oh well.

But seriously, thank god SEGA changed the system to a (so far, on face value) better one.
Doing maths everytime during recycling rares for cubes are not.....pleasant.

Tunga
Mar 15, 2016, 09:22 PM
Mathematics Online 2

Flaoc
Mar 15, 2016, 09:24 PM
Yeah, it doesn't but I'm going to *assume* they'll come back, since it says it'll calculate the "maximum amount" you're entitled to.

Ah, what am I kidding, they'll get eaten up. _(:3」∠)_

yep this exactly :-?

wefwq
Mar 15, 2016, 09:37 PM
I don't even know why are they think doing math before cubbing weapon even a good idea.

the_importer_
Mar 15, 2016, 10:00 PM
It got panned, nobody likes it.

What, Japanese players hate it? They're not down with the "Pay for better tools and more tries" tactic :p

Saffran
Mar 15, 2016, 10:22 PM
I hated gathering too, but at lvl 8, if you use your recipies, you can get some things going.
Plus, the only interesting ring is the cheap one the tutorial gives you...

Macman
Mar 16, 2016, 01:15 AM
Just change the size of your inventory window that pops up when you select excubes to fit only 10 weapons. ezpz

TaigaUC
Mar 16, 2016, 02:02 AM
If I had access to the data files, I would mod the "RARE DROP" notification to say "COMMON TRASH DROP", because that's what most of them are.
Or "EXPCUBE GET".

Macman
Mar 16, 2016, 02:05 AM
I dream of a day when 10-12* are in gold boxes so those stupid rappy ECs make some damn sense. Sadly, that color is reserved for matter board drops. :rolleyes:

TaigaUC
Mar 16, 2016, 02:21 AM
Other games:
RARE DROP!
"Ohhhhhhhh!! Grats!!!"

PSO2:
RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!!
"zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

Petunia
Mar 16, 2016, 03:38 AM
I seriously sounds like the dev team doesn't get people to beta test these big changes. I mean average people, not internal testing. Like they just get an idea and roll with it, thinking that because they think its a good idea that everyone will think its a good idea.

And we're gonna get a FF14 cross over event some time in the future... I'm surprised a team as dedicated as Yoshi P's would even want to talk to a team like the PSO2 one, let alone do a cross over.

Meteor Weapon
Mar 16, 2016, 04:06 AM
If I had access to the data files, I would mod the "RARE DROP" notification to say "COMMON TRASH DROP", because that's what most of them are.
Or "EXPCUBE GET".
I'm sure AIDA's team can do that somehow lol.

Hysteria1987
Mar 16, 2016, 04:21 AM
I seriously sounds like the dev team doesn't get people to beta test these big changes. I mean average people, not internal testing. Like they just get an idea and roll with it, thinking that because they think its a good idea that everyone will think its a good idea.

And we're gonna get a FF14 cross over event some time in the future... I'm surprised a team as dedicated as Yoshi P's would even want to talk to a team like the PSO2 one, let alone do a cross over.

Hey, money talks :-P

I'd heard once that the PSO2 team doesn't even have a dev server - if true, that means they're doing all their build and test on local machines, using something like TFS to share, which means nobody outside of their group would likely get much of a chance to see it before go-live... It wouldn't surprise me if there was no user acceptance testing, frankly a whole lot of companies in the business of coding stuff don't follow through on that step enough.

ClairVauxBernardus
Mar 19, 2016, 01:59 PM
not yet changed

elryan
Mar 19, 2016, 02:05 PM
Other games:
RARE DROP!
"Ohhhhhhhh!! Grats!!!"

PSO2:
RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!! RARE DROP!!
"zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

Well technically you'll invoke the former response when something like this happens.

http://i.imgur.com/Jub34GK.jpg?1

Nowadays I only set the RARE DROP sign when 10* above drops. (Via game settings)

Sp-24
Mar 19, 2016, 02:07 PM
Well technically you'll invoke the former response when something like this happens.
It's probably Slave or Nemesis.

Dark Priest
Mar 19, 2016, 03:26 PM
It's probably Slave or Nemesis.

Actually it's probably a 13 star candy drop, i'v been trolled twice so far by that, i saw that symbol and got all excited, and it was a fucking candy drop.