PDA

View Full Version : Tweaker Trying to redownload last weeks update

xxmadplayerxx
Mar 16, 2016, 03:18 AM
When i start Tweaker it asks for me to download the updates and install them, but this time it scanned the files and found 1927 files missing again, yet before maint it never did, why is this happening again i already downloaded last weeks update, what can i do to fix it if it happens in the future again.

wefwq
Mar 16, 2016, 04:00 AM
Use JP launcher.

xxmadplayerxx
Mar 16, 2016, 04:57 AM
ah really? damn thank you i will remember that last time

KazukiQZ
Mar 16, 2016, 05:42 AM
Dont use auto-update and New Method. From your post, it looks like you use the auto-update prompt. Do not press Yes since that one use New Method.

Instead, use Old Method (from the Orb Menu), it works fine for me. Already in-game.

The thing with New Method is, if it doesn't work for you, it kinda screw over your game update. Last time I tried it, I had to redownload 5GB files that I already had inside win32 folder.

Shoterxx
Mar 16, 2016, 05:59 AM
Dont use auto-update and New Method. From your post, it looks like you use the auto-update prompt. Do not press Yes since that one use New Method.

Instead, use Old Method (from the Orb Menu), it works fine for me. Already in-game.

The thing with New Method is, if it doesn't work for you, it kinda screw over your game update. Last time I tried it, I had to redownload 5GB files that I already had inside win32 folder.

Old method was not working for me either. Keeps redownloading over and over.

Strobo_Lemon
Mar 16, 2016, 07:30 AM
I used old method but I got 312.20mb instead of 26mb. Only thing I had installed was the English Patch. Why does this happen?

I don't like using JP launcher because sometimes it gets disconnected when I'm downloading. So it's a dilemma I have to deal with every maintenance.

JotaL
Mar 16, 2016, 11:18 AM
Had the same problem after EP4 launch. Every update or every file check it said that 5k files were missing. No matter what. And it was ALWAYS the same ammount.

I fixed it by removing the win32 file from PSO2 folder and let the tweaker rebuild it when launched again. I suggest just moving it to another directory instead of delete in case something goes wrong.

It seems tweaker open this file to check the installation of the game, compare with current files and download what is missing. Dunno why it goes crazy like this.

pkemr4
Mar 16, 2016, 12:48 PM
for some people including me its seems to enjoy redownloading 3.5GB of useless junk to bloat your SSD/HDD

xxmadplayerxx
Mar 16, 2016, 07:12 PM
I didn't use new method though, i just happen to open Tweaker and it said would you like to update the game, so i pressed yes since i knew there was 26MBs worth of files to update anyway. I was really shocked that it wanted me to redownload the files from last week again, i canceled the scan of the missing files before i could redownload them, and started PSO2, after the login screen it said i had to a old version of the client. So i couldn't play the game past login. So i had no choice in my mind to redownload the files again, and that worked, it hasn't asked me again to redownload anything when i start tweaker anymore, so kinda annoying that it done that though as i am low on Data.

KazukiQZ
Mar 16, 2016, 07:32 PM
^Auto-update is New Method.

xxmadplayerxx
Mar 17, 2016, 04:00 AM
No man

ClairVauxBernardus
Mar 19, 2016, 02:00 PM
revert pso2 to jp> use a vpn> update via original launcher

abkihara
Mar 21, 2016, 02:26 AM
I use check old/missing files
Not sure if that still works to keep everything updated

wefwq
Mar 21, 2016, 02:36 AM
revert pso2 to jp> use a vpn> update via original launcher
Update server never been IP blocked.
Even us SEAmen can update the game without using any VPN just fine, it's only game server and official website that got IP blocked.