PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 PSO2 Tweaker is now open source!

AIDA
Mar 17, 2016, 06:48 AM
Post deleted.

seilent
Mar 17, 2016, 06:59 AM
*o* << gonna be in this mode for a while until i can comment properly

KazeSenoue
Mar 17, 2016, 08:23 AM
HYPE!

Roe
Mar 17, 2016, 08:33 AM
Hey everyone! Ever wanted to help contribute to the PSO2 Tweaker (or just look at AIDA's sloppy code?) Now you can! :D Take a gander over to and start coding!

I'll re-write the front page soon with helpful instructions on requirements and that sort of thing. :)

Enjoy!

This is very odd but in a good way most people Wouldn't let people touch their sloppy coding but if this means an improved launcher thennn i'm all for it not saying your launcher is bad

Off topic question How does it feel to have Sega Notice you and make an Npc with your name i'm sure it's no coinkydinky

For those that don't know me it's cause im a lurker and proud of it PS this 10 post req is annoying you Can't quote any links

Sirius-91
Mar 17, 2016, 08:37 AM
Off topic question How does it feel to have Sega Notice you and make an Npc with your name i'm sure it's no coinkydinky

From PSUmods:

http://i.imgur.com/QjPd9qs.png

The link in question: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aida

TaigaUC
Mar 17, 2016, 08:43 AM
Take confidence in the fact that whatever sloppy code you've written hasn't deleted people's HDDs like SEGA's code did.

acffordyce973
Mar 17, 2016, 10:17 AM
This 'sloppy' code is the thing that's got a lot of us into PSO2 with relative ease since its release. Easy installation of patches, new method of patching (which is considerably faster than the pso2launcher), troubleshooting tools (including ones for us at PSO2Proxy to use), PSO2Proxy configuration support (PSO2Proxy wouldn't have been so popular without the ease of the Tweaker) to get us in after the DDoS, and automatic removal of the censor file (I'd forget otherwise)!
Thanks to AIDA and those who have worked on it. Hopefully the community can make it better.

Stormwalker
Mar 17, 2016, 10:26 AM
Take confidence in the fact that whatever sloppy code you've written hasn't deleted people's HDDs like SEGA's code did.

I keep forgetting that this happened (Sega's launcher going into psychotic killer mode, and especially its apparent preference for attcking Final Fantasy XIV) and every time someone brings it up, I am mystified all over again by it.

pkemr4
Mar 17, 2016, 12:20 PM
Wew Lad

jooozek
Mar 17, 2016, 12:28 PM
the diskalypse was all keikaku doori :wacko: tho gotta say i didnt think at that time that i'd be playing ff14 now :wacko:

elryan
Mar 17, 2016, 03:03 PM
While I'm very excited with the prospect of reviewing the source code, aren't you concerned that SEGA will look into this thing and figure out how to kill the Tweaker for good?

Shadowth117
Mar 17, 2016, 03:42 PM
While I'm very excited with the prospect of reviewing the source code, aren't you concerned that SEGA will look into this thing and figure out how to kill the Tweaker for good?

If they gave a crap, they'd hardly need the source to screw with it.

EvilMag
Mar 17, 2016, 04:09 PM

Considering that they STILL haven't even pushed back the Gameguard update that kills it I think they don't care.

dr apocalipsis
Mar 17, 2016, 04:23 PM
Will I be able to change keylogger output destination for reports?

Well, I hope this doesn't mean you are leaving Tweaker behind.

ClairVauxBernardus
Mar 19, 2016, 02:01 PM
hope this will be a great move

Sirius-91
Mar 19, 2016, 06:30 PM
Will I be able to change keylogger output destination for reports?

Well, I hope this doesn't mean you are leaving Tweaker behind.

It just sends it out to pastebin via API, hardly a keylogger.

Though if you're extremely paranoid and don't like that for whatever reason.

https://github.com/Arks-Layer/PSO2Tweaker/blob/master/PSO2%20Tweaker/Helper.vb#L141

Change the code yourself from here to just shit out a normal log, then compile and test.

dr apocalipsis
Mar 25, 2016, 03:52 AM
Huh, I was just being sarcastic.

Chdata
Mar 25, 2016, 11:39 AM

That'd be like me worrying about SEGA visiting random Team Fortress 2 servers to hunt down people using their voice clips to try and find my server where I use a certain voice.

----

Only months before I frog, I wrote this code:

http://pastebin.com/RuzZewQ9

I eventually removed the boss that uses this code and another year later decided to add it back, and by then, I completely forgot that I wrote this at all.

and then frog

and then I died.

Returns false if multiple frogs are already in the map,
in which case we won't bother messing with frogs.

If the plugin had to be reloaded, this helps avoid creating extraneous frogs

This assumes that the first frog we touch will always be the one that was meant to be the master.
I don't know if this is accurate for custom maps.
This code is reached while a frog is found, but we haven't set our flag saying we found one

InitFrogs();

It's like I knew my future, and I knew it had frog.

Except I remembered that when I wrote all of this it was all dead serious commenting on what this stuff does.

----

The thing is, will some random programmer actually pop up outta nowhere and join?

Takeru85
Mar 26, 2016, 09:17 PM
Cool Beans

meganinja
Mar 26, 2016, 09:34 PM
I hope Sega doesnt hurts Tweker... this gonna affect the Popularity of PSO2

Chdata
Mar 27, 2016, 05:26 PM
I hope Sega doesnt hurts Tweker... this gonna affect the Popularity of PSO2

Technically after looking at how the release of BnS in NA went, all of us will get replaced by new blood if PSO2 NA ever comes out, new blood that doesn't care at all about the jp stuff or what NA will miss out on by starting on an older version of the game.

But then probably much bigger problems will mess up a NA pso2.

Somehow it seems like PSO2 is doing really really well in jp which I'm glad to see. As far as I know it's cause they make full use of the 5b anime market over there when they can. Something that won't mean a thing in NA sadly. The JP devs also do lots of really good updates that fit the game and things that actually help or interest players (usually), compared to games where there's no communication or understanding at all between devs and players or updates at all.

meganinja
Mar 28, 2016, 11:47 AM
Technically after looking at how the release of BnS in NA went, all of us will get replaced by new blood if PSO2 NA ever comes out, new blood that doesn't care at all about the jp stuff or what NA will miss out on by starting on an older version of the game.

But then probably much bigger problems will mess up a NA pso2.

Somehow it seems like PSO2 is doing really really well in jp which I'm glad to see. As far as I know it's cause they make full use of the 5b anime market over there when they can. Something that won't mean a thing in NA sadly. The JP devs also do lots of really good updates that fit the game and things that actually help or interest players (usually), compared to games where there's no communication or understanding at all between devs and players or updates at all.

the thing is that probably they dont gonna lunch PSO2 NA anymore, we dont have news of SEGA America since 2013