PDA

View Full Version : Cause of the recent EQ Lag?

Petunia
Mar 21, 2016, 04:21 PM
Recently, EQs seem to be cursed with lag.
I was wondering if Japanese players are also experiencing this lag and if we know the cause of it.
I've never seen it this bad (and I'm not using a Proxy either). I just bailed on the White Day EQ after everyone was getting a full 15 seconds of lag. The game is just becoming unplayable.
:/

Sorry if there's already a thread for this. I couldn't find it in a quick 2 minute search.

Saffran
Mar 21, 2016, 04:54 PM
There's been atrocious amounts of lag for about 10 days now. Espescially during EQs. Everybody feels it, I hear japanese people complaining regularly about it.
It's not only you.

Petunia
Mar 21, 2016, 05:01 PM
I know it wasn't just me, but I wasn't sure if it was a western-only thing. So Japanese players complain about it too, huh? Lets hope SEGA fix it after the main.

Bellion
Mar 21, 2016, 05:01 PM
They're experiencing the lag too.
[SPOILER-BOX]
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cd8LcssUkAAO7Nk.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Zysets
Mar 21, 2016, 05:02 PM
Yeah there's been some lag for me as well, and I've seen some of the JP players I play with complain about it too, however, seems like the severity does seem to change from case to case, but there's no doubt that it's there. I haven't had any lag spikes big enough to really affect gameplay, just that I notice them, others aren't so lucky.

Evangelion X.XX
Mar 21, 2016, 05:12 PM
Yeah, the recent White Day EQ was baaaad... like extremely bad (On Ship 7, so I guess it's not just on Ship 2 and on other Ships?). I bailed too on 1st run, and only managed to get one more run in before the event finished. It was simply ridiculous to say the least (like every one was frozen and teleporting; I know it's not my internet because I checked Youtube Vids just in case and it worked fine).

IndigoNovember
Mar 21, 2016, 05:17 PM
The White Day that just happened was weird. First run, which lasted 15 minutes, started off fine, then ground to a halting slide show. The next 2 runs were perfectly fine though...

Atmius
Mar 21, 2016, 05:22 PM
This kind of lag used to occur somewhere between 7 and 9am jst, with some people suggesting that it was caused by server backups being done. Now it seems to have recently been changed to 6am jst and Sega had the brilliant idea of continuing to schedule eqs despite the lag the process causes.

People were complaining about it in my white day mpas today too.

AlphaBlob
Mar 21, 2016, 05:44 PM
I know there's EQ lag and stuff lately but does anyone have to wait longer when you're switching map or is that just me? I get a noticeable delay until the fan-art appear. Normally the fan-art appear instantly and the load is really quick.

Dark Priest
Mar 21, 2016, 05:49 PM
I actually thought it was just me, i mean the last few PD EQs i sat through 5-10 minutes at the end trying to pick up items becuse i would freeze for 30 seconds then recover for 5 then back to 20 seconds. it just wouldn't go away, i think it may be because of massive item spam. but this is getting out of hand.

on top of that sometime si'll get random back to back Connection lost, which sucks really bad when you're waiting for an EQ in a full lobby.

nevershootme
Mar 21, 2016, 06:26 PM
That lag almost costed me in claiming a 13* Gal Gryphon Double Saber!

I would have instantly ragedelete the entire game, characters, and account if I got 630'd from that

Zeroem
Mar 21, 2016, 06:34 PM
I think the recent White Day EQ should be put into a special case. After all, it got boosted from livestream and preceded by a popular luck-sucking-event on shop area. A sudden big influx of players are kind of expected.

Other than that, well......I guess boost week?

Evangelion X.XX
Mar 21, 2016, 06:35 PM
@nevershootme:

Gratz, dude.

I have never gotten a Gal D-Saber after all this time (but plenty of Jet F'n Boots for some reason), so unfortunately I relented and opted for an Austere D-Saber, I know... some may perceive it to be a waste of resources.

Azure Falcon
Mar 21, 2016, 06:57 PM
This last White Day was atrocious, everyone was freezing up for 10-20 seconds at a time regularly which turned bosses into pinatas and made drops take forever to pick up. It then proceeded to lock up completely upon selecting play again, so I had to reboot the game. Seems the same happened for everyone else because when I got back on the block premium space was half empty and a pile of people were rushing from the teleporter to the quest counter.

I've also noticed that the buttery smooth lobbies and lightning fast loading tunnels that we finally got a few months ago seem to have been slowly slipping back into their usual slow, stuttery messes.

Achelousaurus
Mar 21, 2016, 07:49 PM
Sega wouldn't be sega if they wouldn't fuck up previously fixed things again.

Touka
Mar 21, 2016, 09:55 PM
Only got to run White Day twice today because of HUGE lag during the first game to the point where I was expecting to get 630'd at any given moment.Second run was much better but lag reared its ugly head again albeit much less than the first run.

TaigaUC
Mar 21, 2016, 10:10 PM
Everyone's been lagging, it's not just us.
At least I'm not getting 630s all the damn time like a few weeks ago.
Not getting any at all now, actually.
Everyone else had to suffer through it to get SEGA to notice and fix the problem.

Petunia
Mar 31, 2016, 06:10 AM
I've been stuck in EQ lag for about 5 minutes now. No signs of a DC, just nothing is responding. Enemies aren't dealing or taking damage. Players aren't moving. But 5 minutes in and no DC.

And as I was writing this, I 630'd. But it took about 5-6 minutes for the DC Window to pop up.

Does SEGA even know about the lag? Cus they've had what, 3 Maints to fix the issue and still haven't. Great maint, SEGA.

SteveCZ
Mar 31, 2016, 07:51 AM
Me too. It took me minutes to get to character selection. I'm sure my internet and vpn are fine.
Even worse, I got infinite tunnel when changing block. I don't know why. I'm using official launcher and have checked the files. Anyone else got the same issue?

All ships are also green, when usually ship 4 is yellow. There's upcoming christmas EQ, so it's not common for ship 4 to be green.

Azure Falcon
Mar 31, 2016, 09:39 AM
IDoes SEGA even know about the lag? Cus they've had what, 3 Maints to fix the issue and still haven't. Great maint, SEGA.

Don't worry, they'll probably decide to fix it by totally disabling crafting as a temporary fix and then leave it like that for a few months. Just like friend partners.