PDA

View Full Version : This is why summoner is hot garbage.

matt4394
Mar 22, 2016, 04:55 PM
https://www.twitch.tv/sin_semilla47/v/56007239

SilkaN
Mar 22, 2016, 05:08 PM
#NotAllSummoners

Petunia
Mar 22, 2016, 05:20 PM
I had that happen. We need compensation. The ability to trade in 13* eggs for stones.

Achelousaurus
Mar 22, 2016, 09:19 PM
I hope when the day comes we can trade 10* + eggs, we'll be able to use them like weapons. Use weapon passes to trade them, cube 10*/11* and of course turn a 10*+ egg into a weapon pass of thze same rarity.

I.e. I can get rid of my 12* and 13* eggs and get weapons for them.

Also, some pets can do high damage. For example the new ones are tricky to use (can literally blow up in your face within 5 seconds) but can also deal several hundred thousand damage in a very big aoe.
Proper use of the bird can do 1mil damage as well (on Bal of course).
Nonetheless, I REALLY don't like the class.

I rarely ever like pet classes, only one is Witch Doctor in Diablo 3 cause I can kick ass myself without pets, add them when I feel like it and do fun stuff like a Zombie Dog Wheel of Reincarnation.
Send my dogs to explode in your face, then make new dogs from your corpse, etc.
Nothing remotely as fun with PSO2 pets.

Tunga
Mar 22, 2016, 09:31 PM
http://i.imgur.com/utUs2Qu.gif

otakun
Mar 22, 2016, 09:54 PM
So summoners are garbage cause they have their own 13* weapon? Then doesn't that line of thinking go with all the other classes you aren't playing? Such a herp derp thread.

Zeroem
Mar 22, 2016, 09:59 PM
The only think I see here.........is just rage over RnG.
And the title is not relevant to the actual case.

Kondibon
Mar 22, 2016, 10:12 PM
Couldn't this just go in the screenshot/video thread?

Rakurai
Mar 22, 2016, 10:14 PM
The only things that bug me about the class are:

1. No trade-ins for pets, meaning you're totally at the mercy of the RNG for the main method of boosting the class' damage.

2. Pet glitches like falling through the floor (And becoming unable to act temporarily as a result), attacks not hitting despite the visuals obviously connecting with the enemy (I'm looking at you, Torim Spiral) and expending PP without actually triggering the used PA.

pkemr4
Mar 22, 2016, 10:20 PM
i wish summoner didn't exist so i don't have to deal with 13* Parfait drops

[Ayumi]
Mar 22, 2016, 11:17 PM
I wish Braver didn't exist so I don't have to deal with getting Katanas and Bows like a shitty Slave Katana I got to drop.

Kondibon
Mar 22, 2016, 11:32 PM
Everyone knows the real thing that's wrong with Summoner is that I main it.

sparab
Mar 22, 2016, 11:51 PM
I hate seeing Su in my mpa because those dastards keep overriding my point assist.

Kondibon
Mar 22, 2016, 11:53 PM
Maybe we should build a wall to keep the summoners out of our MPAs?

Anduril
Mar 22, 2016, 11:54 PM
I hate seeing Su in my mpa because those dastards keep overriding my point assist.
Those dastardly miscreants! You should inform the local constable, post-haste!

yoshiblue
Mar 22, 2016, 11:55 PM
Given them tacts made out of Nippon steel. Folded 1000 times for Braver damage.
I hate seeing Su in my mpa because those dastards keep overriding my point assist.Sorry not sorry.

untrustful
Mar 23, 2016, 12:17 AM
This is why only hunters should exist imo

or

I wish sega gave us 3 more classes

yoshiblue
Mar 23, 2016, 12:21 AM
I demand Odin class for 2017

Altiea
Mar 23, 2016, 12:29 AM
I demand Odin class for 2017

I'd play a steed-riding class. Might not be "Phantasy Star" material, though.

TaigaUC
Mar 23, 2016, 01:55 AM
I don't understand what that video is about.
JP person using EN patch? EN person playing with JP people but streaming in JP?

Probably what I hate most about Summoner right now is too many goddamn eggs drop all the damn time everywhere.
And 99% of the time, they're eggs I don't want.
It's like SEGA felt that eggs needed to catch up to all the other weapon categories in trash rares for the past 3+ years.

Side note: I have 3 Summoners at 75 and 1 at 74 now. Another at around ~65 and another at ~45.
I'm kinda at a point where I don't really feel like playing any class or weapon.

sparab
Mar 23, 2016, 02:01 AM

Probably what I hate most about Summoner right now is too many goddamn eggs drop all the damn time everywhere.
It's like SEGA felt that eggs needed to catch up to all the other weapon categories in trash rares for the past 3+ years.

That video to me is "I got an *13 egg haha you losers"

Raising pets over 100 burns quite a lot of eggs, so more drops are appreciated...but why not just drop more *10+ eggs instead *8s?

Flaoc
Mar 23, 2016, 02:02 AM
video looks more like the guy got 2 13* eggs from 1 ghidoran.. i dont get what that has to do with thread title though

Kondibon
Mar 23, 2016, 02:08 AM

Probably what I hate most about Summoner right now is too many goddamn eggs drop all the damn time everywhere.You answered your own question.

Buckets
Mar 23, 2016, 02:09 AM
4 13* Wandas 1 13* Trim 1 13* Melon.
I wish I had parfaits. Or I could at least use the pets for voodoo magics.

Hysteria1987
Mar 23, 2016, 03:14 AM
Maybe we should build a wall to keep the summoners out of our MPAs?Alright, but we have to make their government pay for it.

I don't mind SU so much any more, as MPAs aren't 9/12 of them any more (still not a fan of Bravers though, since it was mentioned :wacko:). I think I like it more than I used to because it's quite easy to play. In getting these class bonuses, I'm really not going to blow all this meseta to respec and get brand new armours, weapons and a mag to level a clunkier class like, say, HU, when I can wrestle through it on my already-established FO with an all-class Talis. I don't need to respec for a SU.

Plus, some teammates of mine keep running into 13* candy, so that's good for a laugh too :P

Xaeris
Mar 23, 2016, 03:40 AM

Somewhere in Japan, on 2ch right now. "When America sends us their players, they're not sending us their best. They're sending players that have lots of bads and they're bringing those bads with us. They're bringing lag. They're bringing hacks. They're leeches. And some I assume are good players."

Kondibon
Mar 23, 2016, 03:43 AM
Somewhere in Japan, on 2ch right now. "When America sends us their players, they're not sending us their best. They're sending players that have lots of bads and they're bringing those bads with us. They're bringing lag. They're bringing hacks. They're leeches. And some I assume are good players."There it is. I can finally join the "PSO-W Quote In My Sig" club.

Azure Falcon
Mar 23, 2016, 03:56 AM

Yep.

Since that class came out I've not had a single 13* drop that wasn't either some kind of parfait or egg, and I'm getting less excubes than before as now everything explodes into showers of 8* eggs. Let me trade SU trash in for some stones or passes or whatever, I will never use that garbage class so those drops aren't even worth the inventory space.

TaigaUC
Mar 23, 2016, 04:02 AM
Well, I only got 13 star Wandas from Gidoras Triggers in the past few days (my first 13 star eggs).
Before that, nothing. I think I also had two drop at one time.
I've yet to see a 13 star parfait. This is with constantly running 3 lv75 Summoners with full boosts through Magatsu, Eluther, etc.
I gave up already.

I've never seen the 13 star katana, gun or daggers drop from Gidoras Triggers.
They're area drops, right? Does he not drop them?

Azure Falcon
Mar 23, 2016, 04:12 AM
I've yet to see a 13 star parfait. This is with constantly running 3 lv75 Summoners with full boosts through Magatsu, Eluther, etc.
Just run that White Day quest with boosters, it's either an area drop or from the Wolgahdas since I've got loads of them from the NE island despite the Quartz dropping nothing higher than 9*s. Next two weeks have tons of WDs scheduled.

TaigaUC
Mar 23, 2016, 04:20 AM
I've been doing White Day with boosters too and haven't seen any pet related 13 stars.
I got two classes to 75 doing White Day.

I did get a 13 star wand or talis or something crappy.

Azure Falcon
Mar 23, 2016, 04:24 AM
I did get a 13 star wand or talis or something crappy.

Well that explains everything - you've got the 13* quartz wand I need to max mine, I've got all the 13* eggs and parfaits you need -_-

Vatallus
Mar 23, 2016, 05:09 AM
If Summoner kept their drops to themselves like every other class tries to do we wouldn't be having this problem.

TaigaUC
Mar 23, 2016, 06:14 AM
I dunno about that. It's always been common to get uber weapons for shit you're not even playing.
Always saw people getting 13 stars on classes they had at level 1.
Had a lot of that during Gidoras yesterday too.

Sp-24
Mar 23, 2016, 06:35 AM
Pretty sure people just stopped complaining about it after a while. I keep getting talises when playing as a Gunner, while to this day, I've only had a total of one rifle and no machineguns drop for me. This is hardly a Summoner problem.

Dark Priest
Mar 23, 2016, 06:43 AM
If Summoner kept their drops to themselves like every other class tries to do we wouldn't be having this problem.

eh? since when, last time i checked i'll get 13 star weapons for jobs i don't have or play, the only "exclusive" drops you get are disks, and even then, they still will vary depending on the enemies you fight.

Not to mention summoners don't actually get weapons, just eggs and candy for said resulting pets, which ARE their weapons..

HentaiLolicon
Mar 23, 2016, 06:56 AM
Was farming for 13* bow like a pleb, bam 13*, but it wasn't the bow, it was the fucking 13* maron egg -> repeated 2 times. Fuck SU (I'm playing Ra/Hu btw)

P/S: Fuck SU and their stupid sweets and eggs. 10*/11* eggs can't be traded for cubes also

Vatallus
Mar 23, 2016, 06:58 AM

tries

Getting an off-class weapon happens. Most of my 13*s havent been but its a moot point. What I'm trying to state is the game rolls for on-class weapons twice. Summoner's eggs/candies aren't weapons. They are items, and thrown into nearly every pool because of it. With no bias as to what class gets them.

matt4394
Mar 23, 2016, 07:17 AM

Side note: I have 3 Summoners at 75 and 1 at 74 now. Another at around ~65 and another at ~45.
I'm kinda at a point where I don't really feel like playing any class or weapon.

This is me (an american) using an english patch playing with my friends on ship 9

matt4394
Mar 23, 2016, 07:48 AM
https://www.twitch.tv/sin_semilla47/v/56127254

Here's my solution to this situation.

TaigaUC
Mar 23, 2016, 07:56 AM
I wish we could do something useful with all these unwanted 12 and 13 stars.

Ugh. It costs 2.5k to identify these damn eggs, and they only vendor for 10 meseta.
I should just scrap most eggs instead.

matt4394
Mar 23, 2016, 08:37 AM

Ugh. It costs 2.5k to identify these damn eggs, and they only vendor for 10 meseta.
I should just start scrap most eggs instead.

at least let me be able to excube 10/11 star eggs. Maybe then I wouldn't be so salty.

Dark Priest
Mar 23, 2016, 08:51 AM

I should just start scrap most eggs instead.

I honestly just stopped picking them up all together, or selling the untekked eggs that i know aren't 11-13 star them selves, i haven't took any interest in summoner to use them so tekking them just seemed like a waste of meseta, only to sell for crap all. you really should stop bothering, if you don't actually play SU.

Neith
Mar 23, 2016, 09:10 AM
I don't even bother picking up eggs / candy now. Just after the class released you could sell the 7-9* eggs for a small profit but they're all worthless now.

Getting 13* parfaits is the PSO2 equivalent of getting PD'd in PSO :lol:

Keilyn
Mar 23, 2016, 10:01 AM
The truth hurts you know.....

The real problem is not this thread. Its the fact that the people who care deeply about this game complain about the game as though it were a AAA+ based game because they deeply wish and desire that this game could be a AAA+ game, but it isn't. SEGA made it clear that PSO-2 and all of its other titles in release are Medium-Hit games. This releases their obligation to have to compete with other AAA titles directly, so they can just plan and update the game according to their wishes without having to give too much of a damn about player-opinions or support.

Any time that this game comes close to actually putting a dent to actual AAA+ Japanese titles, the developer does something major to show off and continue its AAA+ status. In short, the existence of this game is reason enough to improve the quality of other AAA+ games, but this game has its design scheme, it generates its money and does its objective just fine at the company level. They can just milk it for what its worth...

The current state of the game was planned. SEGA releasing 13* and making their acquisition so much harder. SEGA forcing the community to have and hold three currencies (Meseta, Excubes, Stones) and a subcurrency (Lambda Grinders) and if a player lacks in any one major currency, the player's growth is stunted... This was all planned you know, and the proof of it is simply that SEGA releases its update schedule a long time in advance you know. They talk about it and post which means they are PLANNED and not RUSHED content releases..

I will not fight against SEGA as a company, but I will acknowledge that since SEGA likes making medium-hit games, that the very best course of action is to respect that and not take them so seriously in their games. Since I am a gamer and want to be serious in some games, it means actually playing a AAA title as a primary game and playing PSO-2 as a secondary game. That is exactly what SEGA actually aims for with its stance into making medium-hit games and they even made such a claim in all three of their last major reports...

I consider building a high-end system like paying into a subscription service to see the very best of the very best of today, today! ...as well as preparing to see what tomorrow brings. Rather than hold a rebellious or defiant attitude towards SEGA, I simply hold my attitude as a system builder and acknowledge the fact that if I am not out there delving into the very best of today, that I am wasting my "subscription" time. This holds true as regardless how we upgrade, a time will come when a new system will have to be built (Motherboard, CPU, RAM) in order to retain its speed, and there is absolutely nothing you can do about that.

There are some who are content with remembering their systems as:

"This is the system I had that was extremely powerful, and all I did with it was play medium-hit titles and old games without giving a care for new games. I wasted my time and now new games demand more than what my system can handle..oh woe is me!"

and then there is me, who can say

"This is the system that allowed me to break ground in Animation, Modelling, Design, and all my creativity in music and video editing. I rocked some of the very best games out there and managed to make all my old games shine! ...and this system has a lot of life left in it. Its power and versatility is beyond measure as I can use my DAWs to compose while I am actually playing a high-end game, recording video, uploading stuff, modding on a separate screen and most of all, rebuilding my game maps all at the same time! I can never forget all I have learned from this system" ^_^

Tunga
Mar 23, 2016, 10:28 AM

The stupid birds can fly over it.

I do hate getting eggs after eggs and more eggs after that and i still haven't played that class.

matt4394
Mar 23, 2016, 10:39 AM
The truth hurts you know.....

The real problem is not this thread. Its the fact that the people who care deeply about this game complain about the game as though it were a AAA+ based game because they deeply wish and desire that this game could be a AAA+ game, but it isn't. SEGA made it clear that PSO-2 and all of its other titles in release are Medium-Hit games. This releases their obligation to have to compete with other AAA titles directly, so they can just plan and update the game according to their wishes without having to give too much of a damn about player-opinions or support.

Any time that this game comes close to actually putting a dent to actual AAA+ Japanese titles, the developer does something major to show off and continue its AAA+ status. In short, the existence of this game is reason enough to improve the quality of other AAA+ games, but this game has its design scheme, it generates its money and does its objective just fine at the company level. They can just milk it for what its worth...

The current state of the game was planned. SEGA releasing 13* and making their acquisition so much harder. SEGA forcing the community to have and hold three currencies (Meseta, Excubes, Stones) and a subcurrency (Lambda Grinders) and if a player lacks in any one major currency, the player's growth is stunted... This was all planned you know, and the proof of it is simply that SEGA releases its update schedule a long time in advance you know. They talk about it and post which means they are PLANNED and not RUSHED content releases..

I will not fight against SEGA as a company, but I will acknowledge that since SEGA likes making medium-hit games, that the very best course of action is to respect that and not take them so seriously in their games. Since I am a gamer and want to be serious in some games, it means actually playing a AAA title as a primary game and playing PSO-2 as a secondary game. That is exactly what SEGA actually aims for with its stance into making medium-hit games and they even made such a claim in all three of their last major reports...

I consider building a high-end system like paying into a subscription service to see the very best of the very best of today, today! ...as well as preparing to see what tomorrow brings. Rather than hold a rebellious or defiant attitude towards SEGA, I simply hold my attitude as a system builder and acknowledge the fact that if I am not out there delving into the very best of today, that I am wasting my "subscription" time. This holds true as regardless how we upgrade, a time will come when a new system will have to be built (Motherboard, CPU, RAM) in order to retain its speed, and there is absolutely nothing you can do about that.

There are some who are content with remembering their systems as:

"This is the system I had that was extremely powerful, and all I did with it was play medium-hit titles and old games without giving a care for new games. I wasted my time and now new games demand more than what my system can handle..oh woe is me!"

and then there is me, who can say

"This is the system that allowed me to break ground in Animation, Modelling, Design, and all my creativity in music and video editing. I rocked some of the very best games out there and managed to make all my old games shine! ...and this system has a lot of life left in it. Its power and versatility is beyond measure as I can use my DAWs to compose while I am actually playing a high-end game, recording video, uploading stuff, modding on a separate screen and most of all, rebuilding my game maps all at the same time! I can never forget all I have learned from this system" ^_^
TL;DR

Azure Falcon
Mar 23, 2016, 10:44 AM
https://www.twitch.tv/sin_semilla47/v/56127254

Here's my solution to this situation.

What a waste of 200 meseta :wacko:

starwind75043
Mar 23, 2016, 02:16 PM
Shurgs I mean dont this happen to everyone? Getting stuff you dont want? IF its a Tokeyo 13* your after with the amount of stones just casually farming Tokyo, bonus quest you can get it shouldn't be that hard to get what you want.

Its about time for sega to offer some type of relief for 13*s we dont want? Even if its just to trade in for craftsmen seals that would be fine.

matt4394
Mar 23, 2016, 03:29 PM
Shurgs I mean dont this happen to everyone? Getting stuff you dont want? IF its a Tokeyo 13* your after with the amount of stones just casually farming Tokyo, bonus quest you can get it shouldn't be that hard to get what you want.

Its about time for sega to offer some type of relief for 13*s we dont want? Even if its just to trade in for craftsmen seals that would be fine.

let's see. With every single weapon BESIDES summoner eggs, you can recycle them whether it's desynthesizing or Excube. Also eggs drop more frequently then any other weapon item in the game. :-?

Saori
Mar 23, 2016, 06:16 PM
Umaru chan is the best!

Kisame-GX7
Mar 23, 2016, 11:48 PM
Discard torim so we know ur real scrub

Noblewine
Mar 24, 2016, 12:50 AM
So the point of this thread is to point out that Sega still doesn't know squat on how to program their own game?

matt4394
Mar 24, 2016, 02:22 AM
So the point of this thread is to point out that Sega still doesn't know squat on how to program their own game?

sure...

Achelousaurus
Mar 24, 2016, 11:20 AM
Sega
Not really.
Sega is milking the fuck out of Sonic at every turn and corner cause it's their one truly big hit.
Quality is apparently lacking for them but that doesn't mean they don't aim high with sales.
And the main point is that Sega are retards. Having a decent roadmap for an online game is kind of a must cause you must constantly keep players playing.

But what Sega doesn't get is that profits aren't that high from a mediocre game.
That's why they halfass the game and then panick when *gasp* a hlafassed game doesn't make people spend nearly as much money as a well done game.
And then they come up with bs here and there to plug the holes instead of thinking about how to really make more money.
Kinda all they do is generate new get rich quick schemes instead of making an actual effort.

Zorak000
Mar 24, 2016, 12:23 PM
from what I have observed, it doesn't feel like eggs are pushing out other drops from the tables; it feels like every enemy, or boss at the very least, just drop 2-3 more items from a separate summoner table. kinda like killing elder's arms will make more items drop, but those items are from a seperate table that only have meseta, grinders, and elder's units.

sorry you are finding items for a class you dont play, but at least it isn't messing with drop tables like when they added any of the other classes vOv

FANSean
Mar 24, 2016, 12:36 PM
It feels like 7-9* Eggs are pushing out 7-9* Weapons, but that's also largely irrelevant unless you're still trying to feed a mag.

10*+ Eggs are so rare though that I definitely don't see them impacting the drop tables in any meaningful way

I do wonder if they'll have to revamp the drop tables in the future though, in order to accomodate any other classes they'd want to add...though, at this point, the hypothetical Range/Tech hybrid is all that's left since Summoner fulfills the "Wildcard/All Three Attack Types" niche. Any other classes besides an R/T-Atk hybrid would just be further gimmicks (I'd be cool with seeing PSO2's answer to FF's Blue Mage, admittedly, but I don't know if that would be executed well.)

Zorak000
Mar 24, 2016, 12:48 PM
I'm not too sure, a lot of Extra Hard enemies didn't seem to drop the 7-9* stuff nearly as often as they did on Super Hard already; and a lot of newer enemies have had sparce drop tables until they are in extra hard; like Train Ghidoran only seems to have those 8* dual blades and the 10* steam jet boots until you get the 13*s on XH.

Ordy
Mar 24, 2016, 06:11 PM
[spoiler-box]http://mmoloda.com/pso2/image/76850.jpg[/spoiler-box]

untrustful
Mar 24, 2016, 08:08 PM
That image is doctored. I know this from looking at many photoshops in my day.

[spoiler-box]
You can totally see pixeling going on with the character name. THEREFORE IT'S ALL FAKE
[/spoiler-box]

TaigaUC
Mar 25, 2016, 05:01 PM
If I recall correctly, that image was uploaded to MMOloda.
It was one of the most viewed images a few days ago.

Kondibon
Mar 25, 2016, 05:05 PM
Untrustful is probably joking since "you can tell by the pixels" and "I've seen a lot of shops" are pretty standard sarcastic memes.

Also I almost do that kind of damage as a Su/Fi with crappy gear and no parfaits.

Takeru85
Mar 26, 2016, 09:09 PM
I like Summoner for Fighter a lot as of this moment in time. Auto heal and lots of defense.