PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Sega acknowledges the players who identify as modercycles with new scratch.

Kondibon
Mar 23, 2016, 02:13 AM
http://pso2.jp/players/catalog/image/item/img/13150.jpg
http://pso2.jp/players/catalog/scratch/ac/20160323/
http://pso2.jp/players/catalog/scratch/fun/

TaigaUC
Mar 23, 2016, 02:23 AM
Yeah, that's what I thought when I saw it.

I hope Kenran Ribbon somehow drops below 2-3m this time.
It's been revived like 5 times and it's always expensive.
I say expensive because I don't want to shell out 2-3m for a ribbon on 5-6 characters.

IndigoNovember
Mar 23, 2016, 02:30 AM
Awwww yeah. This brought a smile to my face.

Kondibon
Mar 23, 2016, 02:34 AM
I say expensive because I don't want to shell out 2-3m for a ribbon on 5-6 characters.This is why I'm only going full waifu with Milla nowadays.

TaigaUC
Mar 23, 2016, 04:00 AM
Well, I got a ton of Kenran Ribbons for 500k each.
I wanted the school uniform tie, but it costs 20m so f**k you SEGA.

Xaeris
Mar 23, 2016, 04:03 AM
This scratch is mostly a dud for me, which is fine considering I need to recuperate after boost week, but the Simple Ribbon caught my eye. So, I had a look. 21m. I can't even. They did say scratch sales were down, I guess.

TaigaUC
Mar 23, 2016, 04:17 AM
It was 30m earlier.

So I'm looking at the necktie that costs 20m+ and it's clipping through all my characters' bellies like crazy.

SEGAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

landman
Mar 23, 2016, 04:32 AM
I'm surprised Franca's basewear changes the trousers colour instead of the shirt, and I am pleasantly surprised the price for female trousers is so cheap :wacko: most are 1M more or less and the black one is 4M.

SteveCZ
Mar 23, 2016, 04:33 AM
Oh what the hell now they're putting outfits to bonus scratch. Nice. Sad.

TaigaUC
Mar 23, 2016, 04:52 AM
Yeah, white towel to AC bonus now. They really want people to spend AC.

So... the school uniform collar remains gray and the line changes color instead.
You can tell the guy who did the texture couldn't be bothered using the selection marquee to select the collar.
He was like, "I'll just magic wand the same color as the skirt... bam, done!"
Looks ugly. Damn you SEGA.

Shinamori
Mar 23, 2016, 05:00 AM
It would be better for it to be tradeable. It's be crazy expensive.

Crystal_Shard
Mar 23, 2016, 05:06 AM
It would be better for it to be tradeable. It's be crazy expensive.

Not from Sega's perspective no. Right now, you have to pay Sega upwards of 10k AC to get both normal and wet towels. They wouldn't get anything if they were tradeable.

TaigaUC
Mar 23, 2016, 05:16 AM
It'd be nice if girls got the upcoming suit+tie too.
But nooooooooooooooooo.

arokidaaron
Mar 23, 2016, 05:20 AM
The bonus scratch is becoming more like SEA,TH, and TW completion scratch at this rate. Sooner or later, good looking costumes would be locked up behind bonus scratches :/

Kiboune
Mar 23, 2016, 05:50 AM

Now i'm afraid what next 2 ties gonna be 20m+ :-(

SteveCZ
Mar 23, 2016, 05:56 AM
Holy lord that Jeane's costume is hella sexy. They just have to "balance" it with very bad shoes, sigh.

Z-0
Mar 23, 2016, 06:01 AM
Bonus Scratch items were whatever at first, but since the new Kuro and Toro suits are going to be bonus items only (and untradeable), I am quite mad (well, "mad").

For those who dunno, those new Kuro and Toro suits actually make you mini like the NPCs themselves. I wanted to be a mini cat! :(

TaigaUC
Mar 23, 2016, 06:11 AM
I don't like the legs on Jeane's costume.
The necktie is 30m now. There are only a few available, too. Dat supply, SEGA.

We need more suits that change character size. And stuff.

jooozek
Mar 23, 2016, 08:03 AM
The bonus scratch is becoming more like SEA,TH, and TW completion scratch at this rate. Sooner or later, good looking costumes would be locked up behind bonus scratches :/

what bonus scratch? is there some completion prize for scratch coming? that's illegal already in japan

TaigaUC
Mar 23, 2016, 08:27 AM
They also had scratch rankings where the people who spend the most money "win" the ugliest costumes imaginable.

FANSean
Mar 23, 2016, 08:34 AM
Bonus reward is, to my recollection, just a reward for scratching a set number of times. In theory it's not a bad idea if the rewards are good, since you know you'll get it eventually rather than relying on RNG, but that requires the number of total scratches to be properly balanced.

NoobSpectre
Mar 23, 2016, 11:48 AM
what bonus scratch? is there some completion prize for scratch coming? that's illegal already in japan

Lets just say if you have the AC to complete it, (hundreds of scratch anyway if you have average luck) then you'll have 3 months of luxury with 150% rdr at all times.

And didn't die so easily. which the mobs only hit like what the solo XQ does.

This is the short version, I'm sure people are too tired to hear the long one.

Vintasticvin
Mar 23, 2016, 12:12 PM

Its not Sega's fault blame the playrr market

TaigaUC
Mar 23, 2016, 05:53 PM
It is SEGA's fault because they removed part of an outfit to make it a 5 star rare accessory.
It's also SEGA's fault when the game is designed such that the market is ridiculously inflated.

I don't see how it's the player's fault. There's such a thing in economics as supply and demand.
Obviously, there are far more school uniforms than neckties, and that means supply <<<<<<<<<<< demand.
Of course price is going to be high. SEGA is the one that defines that, not players.

The stupid thing is it looks like the necktie doesn't even deform around the chest and stomach properly.
So it looks like it was designed mostly to work with guys or only outfits like that sailor outfit.
Though, I can't know for sure without moving it around to test.

untrustful
Mar 23, 2016, 06:05 PM
Anyone still got that pic of that cast that looked like a car in tokyo?

pkemr4
Mar 23, 2016, 06:12 PM

well they are threading on dangerous waters with the Base wear crap

IndigoNovember
Mar 23, 2016, 06:22 PM
Anyone still got that pic of that cast that looked like a car in tokyo?

Here's MAIDOLL on a bike:
https://twitter.com/maidoll/status/712574244157173760
https://twitter.com/maidoll/status/712573129848000512

untrustful
Mar 23, 2016, 06:43 PM
That's crazy stuff right there.

Kondibon
Mar 23, 2016, 06:54 PM
what bonus scratch? is there some completion prize for scratch coming? that's illegal already in japanWhat's illegal is making a prize that requires you to get multiple items in a scratch/gatcha/whatever. I think the bonus scratches are just something you get for doing a certain number of scratches regardless of what you get.

Choppenstantz
Mar 23, 2016, 06:59 PM
I just wish Sega would acknowledge the players who identify as the color green.

Not a single green Outerwear for girls. 90% RedBlueWhiteBlack, with handful of yellow/purple/pink/tan sprinkled in.

Somad.

SilkaN
Mar 23, 2016, 07:00 PM
I just wish Sega would acknowledge the players who identify as the color green.

Not a single green Outerwear for girls. 90% RedBlueWhiteBlack, with handful of yellow/purple/pink/tan sprinkled in.

Somad.

#RecolorTickets

Choppenstantz
Mar 23, 2016, 07:13 PM
#RecolorTickets

Does that actually work? I've never explored this world of science and madness and real money/trade-in ticket magic. I could just get the Wool Coat, and it wouldn't matter what it is, I can just make it the "leaf green" color?

IndigoNovember
Mar 23, 2016, 08:33 PM
Does that actually work? I've never explored this world of science and madness and real money/trade-in ticket magic. I could just get the Wool Coat, and it wouldn't matter what it is, I can just make it the "leaf green" color?

Buy a Rappy Suit from the player shop, trade it in for a recolor ticket. No need to use real money to get them.

Zorua
Mar 23, 2016, 08:52 PM
Not from Sega's perspective no. Right now, you have to pay Sega upwards of 10k AC to get both normal and wet towels. They wouldn't get anything if they were tradeable.

It's funny because tradeable bonus scratch items would encourage people to spend AC if anything. I don't get why SEGA doesn't understand that there are wealthy and lazy players who will dump money at a game just to make some quick in-game cash.

arokidaaron
Mar 23, 2016, 09:14 PM
What's illegal is making a prize that requires you to get multiple items in a scratch/gatcha/whatever. I think the bonus scratches are just something you get for doing a certain number of scratches regardless of what you get.

To my knowledge, the thing that made it it illegal was the stats behind those costumes which you can only get from completing gacha/scratch. Bonus scratch however, still has the same concept as completion, you'd have to spend AC to get those untradeable costumes/accessories/camos.

And if good costumes/accessories/camos were to be locked in this bonus scratch, it would be just the same with completion scratch minus the affixes on costumes.

Kondibon
Mar 23, 2016, 09:24 PM
To my knowledge, the thing that made it it illegal was the stats behind those costumes which you can only get from completing gacha/scratch. Bonus scratch however, still has the same concept as completion, you'd have to spend AC to get those untradeable costumes/accessories/camos.

And if good costumes/accessories/camos were to be locked in this bonus scratch, it would be just the same with completion scratch minus the affixes on costumes.Errr, no I mean, there were things where it was like "if you want x, you need to get 5 of y from a gacha" with y being something that's completely useless unless you get all five, thus you would have to roll the gacha an indeterminate amount of times, as well as technically not getting anything for the individual gachas that give you the item needed. Whereas the bonus scratch you always get after doing a certain number of scratches and you still get normal scratch items. It's not about stuff being tradable or not.

I don't LIKE it, but it's a different concept.

TaigaUC
Mar 23, 2016, 09:35 PM
If I recall correctly, the illegal part is encouraging people to scratch to "complete a set".
Which makes sense, because no amount of money can guarantee you will ever, ever complete a set of RNG.

For anyone else who thinks the necktie being ridiculously expensive is the player's fault:
Look at the other 99999999 school uniforms in the game. None of them have a separate necktie.
Also, there are no similar necktie accessories. Pretty certain this is the first and only one.
That's on top of being a somewhat essential part of a basewear, as if removed for the sole purpose of encouraging scratch.
I'm pretty sure that if the necktie was a 1 star rarity scratch item, supply would be higher than demand, and the price would crater.

arokidaaron
Mar 23, 2016, 09:41 PM
Welp my bad then, but yeah, i'm on the same boat. I just hope that they won't add items that would be a clear advantage on Bonus scratch.

Crystal_Shard
Mar 23, 2016, 09:43 PM

And if good costumes/accessories/camos were to be locked in this bonus scratch, it would be just the same with completion scratch minus the affixes on costumes.

It was never anything to do with the affixes. The difference between the current bonus rewards vs the completion scratch is that RNG plays no part in whether you get the bonus - you get it irregardless of whichever costumes you did manage to get, while in a completion bonus scheme, many players would have to scratch so many times more just to have the RNG roll in their favour.

I still think locking stuff behind bonus scratch is bullshit and skirting the law though.

It's funny because tradeable bonus scratch items would encourage people to spend AC if anything. I don't get why SEGA doesn't understand that there are wealthy and lazy players who will dump money at a game just to make some quick in-game cash.

Consider this:
Tradeable - Whale buys 20k plus AC, Minnow buys 0 AC. The Minnow player only has to wait for the Whale to tire of the bonus item and put it up on the market, then they can buy it. Total AC for Sega : 20k

Non tradeable - Whale buys 20k plus AC, Minnow buys 0 AC at first. The Minnow realises that he/she will never get the bonus item unless they buy 10k AC ++ NOW. Minnow buys 10k AC extra. Total AC for Sega: 30k

Sega's gonna choose untradeable everytime. This scales even more if more free players want the bonus item desperately.

SteveCZ
Mar 23, 2016, 09:59 PM
If the bonus scratch reaches to a point where the outfit is not tradable and contains affixes, I'm done.

It only gives room for rage towards another players who can't get them, like "Get the affixed outfit or you're out" kind of situation. Way worse than not getting well-affixed gears.

Even if that is tradable, it ain't fun anymore (for me). I'm not wearing an outfit I don't like just to get the affixes.

Well, I hope it never get to this point, even though it sounds very likely now.

Hysteria1987
Mar 24, 2016, 01:05 AM
Consider this:
Tradeable - Whale buys 20k plus AC, Minnow buys 0 AC. The Minnow player only has to wait for the Whale to tire of the bonus item and put it up on the market, then they can buy it. Total AC for Sega : 20k

Non tradeable - Whale buys 20k plus AC, Minnow buys 0 AC at first. The Minnow realises that he/she will never get the bonus item unless they buy 10k AC ++ NOW. Minnow buys 10k AC extra. Total AC for Sega: 30k

Sega's gonna choose untradeable everytime. This scales even more if more free players want the bonus item desperately.I think it'd hurt Sega more than it'd help them - I could fully see a trend over time of Minnows quitting rather than buying AC, and there'd be even less to do in-game without as much incentive for players to go and meseta grind if things like that are untradeable.

I reckon if Sega did that, they'd see something of a short-term boost in sales, but then a drop to a point lower than they were before.

Frankly I reckon if they want to sell more scratches (legend has it scratches haven't been selling well lately) then they need to put better content in them. The last few have been... lackluster. There are some nice ones in this scratch, but again, it's just school uniforms (only this time it's tartan! New content!). And where have the hairstyles gone? There's a lot less standout hair tickets coming out lately.

suzaku0zero0
Mar 24, 2016, 01:39 AM
There was a period wher ppl Turned their characters into transformers
E,.g. Using crouching la and assessories to look like helicopters

Has anyone seen a motorbike one yet and put screenie here?

Crystal_Shard
Mar 24, 2016, 03:02 AM
I think it'd hurt Sega more than it'd help them - I could fully see a trend over time of Minnows quitting rather than buying AC, and there'd be even less to do in-game without as much incentive for players to go and meseta grind if things like that are untradeable.

I reckon if Sega did that, they'd see something of a short-term boost in sales, but then a drop to a point lower than they were before.

No argument from me on that, I feel this is just an experiment by Sega to see how far they can push their luck.

wefwq
Mar 24, 2016, 03:29 AM
There was a period wher ppl Turned their characters into transformers
E,.g. Using crouching la and assessories to look like helicopters

Has anyone seen a motorbike one yet and put screenie here?
[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/mYMtF.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Ce'Nedra
Mar 24, 2016, 07:32 AM
Frankly I reckon if they want to sell more scratches (legend has it scratches haven't been selling well lately) then they need to put better content in them.

Might explain why shit is more expensive lately, less people scratching makes the prices go up, that combined with the "rebalance' how one obtains money right now with the shift in TACOs and gathering, less boss and TA DCO's appearing etc.

TaigaUC
Mar 24, 2016, 10:37 PM
Recent scratches have been increasingly unattractive. Been that way for about a year now?
Occasionally, there'll be a really good one.

The game still lacks a lot of really basic stuff that tons of people want.
Did you see the livestream reaction to the suit outfit for guys?
Momoi was like, "Huh? Was everyone waiting for a suit like this?" and the audience roared.
It took 4 years for a simple suit.

Another example is legwear. We're only just starting to get simple plain socks/kneesocks/thigh-highs.
There are 9999 variations with patterns nobody wants on them. But virtually no simple ones.
4 years for basic legwear.

Nyansan
Mar 24, 2016, 10:56 PM
I know I'll be getting the suit (+ the shirtless alternate) for all 4 of my male charas. plsbecheaplsbecheap

Honestly the "uguu-kawaii-desu" shit is getting pretty old. Most of that stuff only fits a certain demographic in pso2 and lately I've been seeing less and less of people who like the stuff, since more of them are probably getting tired of the same sickening sweet cute style on females (while the male side, on the other hand, only has edgelord cool style or fashionably questionable options)

I sometimes hope that we can send pictures of stuff on the player feedback form, to give Sega a solid idea of what people want for outfits.

Stormwalker
Mar 25, 2016, 01:23 AM
Recent scratches have been increasingly unattractive. Been that way for about a year now?
Occasionally, there'll be a really good one.

Momoi was like, "Huh? Was everyone waiting for a suit like this?" and the audience roared.

Another example is legwear. We're only just starting to get simple plain socks/kneesocks/thigh-highs.
There are 9999 variations with patterns nobody wants on them. But virtually no simple ones.

I get the distinct impression, actually, that someone at Sega doesn't understand that you can't easily mix and match overly complex pieces (the legwear you mentioned) to make good outfits. It takes simple pieces to do that, so that they can be matched with multiple different outfits and not look out of place. Also, simple pieces can be used to tie complex pieces together and make them work.

As another example, very few of the layerwear pieces I've seen so far seem to match well with different layerwear sets; mostly they only go well with their own.

Choppenstantz
Mar 25, 2016, 02:05 AM
I get the distinct impression, actually, that someone at Sega doesn't understand that you can't easily mix and match overly complex pieces (the legwear you mentioned) to make good outfits. It takes simple pieces to do that, so that they can be matched with multiple different outfits and not look out of place. Also, simple pieces can be used to tie complex pieces together and make them work.

As another example, very few of the layerwear pieces I've seen so far seem to match well with different layerwear sets; mostly they only go well with their own.

I noticed that myself; the few that actually do look okay mixed are the simpler ones.

I think a big part of the issue is that they sort of shot themselves in the foot with complexity by making the shirt/pants one solid unit instead of making it analogous to the casts Legs, Torso, Arms > Pants, Shirt, Coat.
Yeah, I know, nobody wants to lose the underwear for their waifu sim, but you can move that into body paint, or honestly just separate the pieces and move them into tops/bottoms as appropriate, which guess what - STILL OFFERS A GREATER DEGREE OF CUSTOMIZATION AND CONTROL!

TaigaUC
Mar 25, 2016, 04:38 PM
I feel like they have been intentionally ruining outfits in order to keep people buying variations of what should be simple outfits.
As in, they're only starting to release the simple ones now because they're running out of steam.

Think of it this way: if they released simple outfits that matched well with everything, people wouldn't bother buying overcomplicated variations that don't perfectly match.
But because of the nature of releasing scratches and dripfeeding, people will spend AC to get new stuff as close as possible to what they want, because there are no better options.
In other words, almost nobody would buy scratch if they already have what they wanted.
Release order: slightly mismatching outfit -> slightly mismatching outfit -> slightly mismatching outfit -> slightly mismatching outfit -> well-matching outfit = 5x profit.
Release order: well-matching outfit -> slightly mismatching outfit -> slightly mismatching outfit -> slightly mismatching outfit -> slightly mismatching outfit = very likely much less profit.

Take me for example. I wanted a certain type of beret, and I ended up buying maybe 10 different ones over the years that were all not-quite-what-I-wanted.
It wasn't until recently that I was able to get the type I wanted for the past 4 years. For the first two years or so, there wasn't even anything remotely similar to what I wanted.
Another example is how they control color variations. They always release other colors later.
If people were able to get colors they wanted immediately, scratch would sell less. The color pass system potentially cuts into their profits, and I'm sure they know this.
It's probably also why they don't let us freely customize multiple parts of outfit colors, like other games do.
If they did that, they wouldn't be able to sell us slight variations of the same outfits again.

Of course, I know I'm assuming that these things are intentional. They could easily just be horribly incompetent and distasteful.
I probably tend to expect malicious behavior because my experience has been that people are capable of it.
I don't like to assume that I'm so smart and they're so dumb that it's "just an honest mistake".
If I've realized there's a way to maximize profit by manipulating people a certain way, then they probably have too.

The recent directors seem to be leaning more towards lazy, annoying ways to get people to spend money, as well as for prolonging the game's life.
At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if they make things even worse.
Perhaps the reason they're getting more confident about screwing us over is because the PS4 version and the prettier graphics are sure to reel in a bunch of new players.
Or, as others have pointed out, PSO2's content has been wearing thin and people are spending less.
But I can't imagine how being a dick and ruining the game to drive people away is going to make up for that.

They made such massive blunders that prompted huge enough outcries to require long explanations and apologies during the previous livestream.
Yet, at the same time, they didn't resolve some of them in a way even remotely close to what people wanted... rather, it seems they chose the opposite.
Whether intentional or a mistake... we'll have to wait and see.

Azure Falcon
Mar 25, 2016, 06:16 PM

Meanwhile I'm still waiting for some hairstyles with bangs over one eye that aren't either super short or twintails. And some decent tomboy-ish or military clothing. Naturally the perfect outfit was in the 2015 design contest but didn't get picked, gotta have yet more Rappy suits and emo coats.

Choppenstantz
Mar 25, 2016, 11:25 PM
Meanwhile I'm still waiting for some hairstyles with bangs over one eye that aren't either super short or twintails. And some decent tomboy-ish or military clothing. Naturally the perfect outfit was in the 2015 design contest but didn't get picked, gotta have yet more Rappy suits and emo coats.

Man all I want for hair is the loose front braid they already have, but only one braid. I don't even really care if it's left or right, just only one side. Literally, exactly what's already there, just one, without it being centered; right where it is already, but without the second.

Life is hard.