PDA

View Full Version : So, the Sakura Cup begins on Sunday March 27th

the_importer_
Mar 23, 2016, 08:11 AM
I've never really participated in these things in the past, I mean I got stars by doing quests and bought stuff, but I never really cared. Now with CM tickets on the line at 200 Stars a pop, that could mean a lot of Photon Boosters for my new line of weapons.

I've read what's on this page on this page with the best of Chrome's translation abilities:
http://pso2.jp/players/news/?charid=competition20160327

But is there anything else I should know about how to maximise star acquisitions?

TaigaUC
Mar 23, 2016, 08:30 AM
Meh. And I was gonna ignore the tournament.
I'd like to max out my Ideal Rifles' element.
36000 stars for +20 element though.. I've never had more than a few thousand stars.

Lyrise
Mar 23, 2016, 08:46 AM
I doubt they're about to change how many stars you'll get (for the last few I've gotten roughly 5000 stars), and it seems like a waste to spend the stars on CM.

It takes about 1 hour to get 12000-18000CM doing an actual CM run, compared to the hours over the week you'll spend to get roughly 20000 CM. (basing this on a 4000 star finish)

Also, if you're capable of completing Solo Extreme, you should have a pretty steady stream of photon boosters.

the_importer_
Mar 23, 2016, 09:11 AM
I doubt they're about to change how many stars you'll get (for the last few I've gotten roughly 5000 stars), and it seems like a waste to spend the stars on CM.

It takes about 1 hour to get 12000-18000CM doing an actual CM run, compared to the hours over the week you'll spend to get roughly 20000 CM. (basing this on a 4000 star finish)

Also, if you're capable of completing Solo Extreme, you should have a pretty steady stream of photon boosters.

5000 Stars Max!!! Wow, they're even cheap with their yearly festivals -_-

Anyway, what's this about Photon Boosters by doing Extreme Quest? I've done a crap tone of those to obtain 10 of each Spellstones for 2 Austere Rods, I don't recall getting any Photon Boosters.

final_attack
Mar 23, 2016, 09:12 AM
Anyway, what's this about Photon Boosters by doing Extreme Quest? I've done a crap tone of those to obtain 10 of each Spellstones for 2 Austere Rods, I don't recall getting any Photon Boosters.

The Solo XQ ...... 5 pass to enter, if I remember it right ......
Extra hardcore for some (I personally think it's hardcore >.< )

the_importer_
Mar 23, 2016, 09:44 AM
The Solo XQ ...... 5 pass to enter, if I remember it right ......
Extra hardcore for some (I personally think it's hardcore >.< )

Oh that 0_o

Ya, hardcore indeed. Not that the enemies are hard to defeat, there's just to many of them in a cramped area. I finished floors 1 to 5, but can never beat the Council of Six (well 4) on the last floor (when I can actually reach it).

Anyway, I don't recall getting Photon Boosters with the floors 1 to 5, guessing RNG?

final_attack
Mar 23, 2016, 09:54 AM
Well, you know the drill with rng ..... ^^;

JP wiki listed PhotonBooster as drops at stage 1-3-5 and 6-8-10 ....

the_importer_
Mar 23, 2016, 10:20 AM
Well, you know the drill with rng ..... ^^;

JP wiki listed PhotonBooster as drops at stage 1-3-5 and 6-8-10 ....

Guess I can always spam 1 to 5 five times a week to see if I'm lucky enough to get boosters.

Thanks

Hysteria1987
Mar 24, 2016, 01:33 AM
Not much for me in the prizes to be honest - meseta +50%s are always handy, and it'll be a new way to get RDR 250%s if there's nothing else. Unless there's more to those two lists that I haven't seen yet, the CM points will still be the best go for me though, even if the tickets aren't that high in value.

seilent
Mar 24, 2016, 02:14 AM
i might be just doing it for LA, music, and acc. (*´∀`)b
been doing CM so many times until realized i have unused 600k miles

Rakurai
Mar 24, 2016, 03:56 AM
My ship (6) is grouped with Ship 2. I'm not sure if I should be pleased or horrified by that fact.

On a sidenote, I continue to be confused by how much value they place on FUN point tickets.

Hysteria1987
Mar 24, 2016, 04:04 AM
My ship (6) is grouped with Ship 2. I'm not sure if I should be pleased or horrified by that fact.

On a sidenote, I continue to be confused by how much value they place on FUN point tickets.I haven't spent FUN on anything except them 711 food items for like a year D:

Also Ship 2 ain't bad, if nothing else they've got numbers. Most of the past ARKS GPs saw Ship 2 pretty consistently near the front.

Traokath
Mar 24, 2016, 05:13 AM
Need help with captcha, please help! https://cha.isao.net/profile_oem/OEMCaptchaImage.php?ses_rec_id=AvhwQfM1NiEqCNWpTO

wefwq
Mar 24, 2016, 05:51 AM

On a sidenote, I continue to be confused by how much value they place on FUN point tickets.
Have fun being outnumbered and owned by larger ships.
Though Ship 2 fare better on night shift round due to being gaijin hour ship.

Z-0
Mar 24, 2016, 06:02 AM
Also Ship 2 ain't bad, if nothing else they've got numbers. Most of the past ARKS GPs saw Ship 2 pretty consistently near the front.
No they have one of the least overall, that's why Ship 2-6-9 are together.

At JST nighttime though it's the most populated so kind of has an advantage at those times though.