PDA

View Full Version : Rifle and launcher weapon action

MightyHarken
Mar 23, 2016, 10:31 AM
Now that we're getting PSO1's mechanics (shift action) ranger is going to be missing a weapon action for rifles and launchers, I thought about launchers guarding since it would serve a good purpose for a weapon that removes mobility. But I don't know what rifle could get, any ideas?

Qualia
Mar 23, 2016, 11:02 AM
They won't get weapon actions.

MightyHarken
Mar 23, 2016, 11:28 AM
So every weapon in the game has a weapon action except rifles and launchers for no reason?

MightyHarken
Mar 23, 2016, 11:30 AM
With the upcoming shift action no weapon has a disadvantage when it comes to consecutive pa's, so there's basically no reason for rifles and launchers to not get anyt love

gabor100
Mar 23, 2016, 11:35 AM
Can we get a weapon action for Bow's too?

Poyonche
Mar 23, 2016, 11:35 AM
So every weapon in the game has a weapon action except rifles and launchers for no reason?

Bow, Rod, Talis, Wand, Tact have no weapon action too.

MightyHarken
Mar 23, 2016, 11:40 AM
In that case we got some iminent weapon actions coming our way

Qualia
Mar 23, 2016, 11:41 AM
No we don't.

Zeroem
Mar 23, 2016, 11:55 AM
I can see the case when weapons with no weapon action would get a new one. But, I also see the case when there would be no change toward these specific weapons. Knowing SEGA, latter is more likely happened.

........In any case, the best answer for this matter is 'wait and see', at least until next livestream.

Bellion
Mar 23, 2016, 11:59 AM
It's totally going to be get one extra PA per weapon palette slot.

Loveless62
Mar 23, 2016, 01:47 PM
Most of (or all?) of the shift actions are defensive actions or have some defensive component to them. As such, melee weapons (and TMGs) are given weapon actions because people fighting in melee range are more at risk of getting punched in the face. That's not (as much of) a problem for the other weapons since they can attack at range.

Gunslash is an exception since it needs to switch between slashing and shooting.

the_importer_
Mar 23, 2016, 02:38 PM
So what you guys are saying is that I won't be able to set 2 extra Techs on my Rods? If so, any source to back this up?

Qualia
Mar 23, 2016, 03:39 PM
No, what we're saying is that weapons that don't have shift-actions (guard, sroll, etc) won't get new ones to compensate for the 6 weapon action change, and there's no reason they should.

the_importer_
Mar 23, 2016, 03:51 PM
No, what we're saying is that weapons that don't have shift-actions (guard, sroll, etc) won't get new ones to compensate for the 6 weapon action change, and there's no reason they should.

Great, can I get a source this?

Cause what I read on bumped was:

Late April Update

Stage 6 Graphics Setting for the PC version
Set 6 actions to your weapon.
Effect Reduction” settings added.

http://www.bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Late-April-Update-1.jpg

Qualia
Mar 23, 2016, 04:11 PM
http://i.imgur.com/XcLziIz.png and http://i.imgur.com/jsPlPp2.png are two totally different things lol

nevershootme
Mar 23, 2016, 05:30 PM
At least the weapon action can be slotted to the first page so you don't have to do two button presses for it

Selphea
Mar 23, 2016, 05:32 PM
The most likely source of new weapon actions would be if they decide to add new rings like L/Gunslash S. Roll or something.

Poyonche
Mar 23, 2016, 05:58 PM
The most likely source of new weapon actions would be if they decide to add new rings like L/Gunslash S. Roll or something.

Speaking of this I wonder if they will ever release à L/Gunslash Shift Parry or abandon rings just like they did with PA crafting.

Selphea
Mar 23, 2016, 06:13 PM
Speaking of this I wonder if they will ever release à L/Gunslash Shift Parry or abandon rings just like they did with PA crafting.

In theory they probably will because they actually get money for making people gather pointless junk.

In practice I wonder how many people decided to conveniently go on hiatus because Ep4 inventory management has been downright awful with egg/candy/gathering clutter.

PokeminMaster
Mar 23, 2016, 06:29 PM
That two-way arrow on the Gunslash palette... so does that mean the "3-hit combo" is being replaced by a free palette?

Perfect Chaos
Mar 23, 2016, 07:17 PM
Great, can I get a source this?

Cause what I read on bumped was:

Late April Update

Stage 6 Graphics Setting for the PC version
Set 6 actions to your weapon.
Effect Reduction” settings added.You still don't get what is trying to be said. The ability to press shift to switch will still exist for Rod, etc. that currently have a PA/Tech-palette swap mechanic. It'll just be 6 total spaces instead of 4.
Shift for certain weapons currently have special shift actions that aren't just swapping palettes, and those weapons use a combo system (a horrible system). With the upcoming new system, weapons with those special shift actions retain that action (just remapped to use a PA slot instead of shift) but also gain the ability to press shift to switch palettes. Because of that, the thread creator wants weapons that didn't have any special shift actions to gain one, as to make it fair for all weapons. It's not completely out of the question, but not likely to happen. Some people are just doubting that those weapons will get special actions, and think that they will just have the increase number to slots with no added special action.

TaigaUC
Mar 23, 2016, 09:50 PM
If they add anything it will definitely be in some new system. It won't be for free.
We'll have to work for it. I'd wager it'd be a Ring, or an Earring, or a Nosering.

Strobo_Lemon
Mar 23, 2016, 10:12 PM
What about players that might want to use the combo system for Rifle/Rods etc? I'm not one of them but it would be nice if people were given the option to use what they want.

Z-0
Mar 23, 2016, 10:16 PM
Because the new palette system is 10x better for comboing... there is literally no point to the combo system that melee weapons use, because you can also "combo" PAs with rifles/launchers, it's just easier to do so and you're not forced to use certain PAs at certain points (or clumsily switch palettes).

KazukiQZ
Mar 23, 2016, 11:59 PM
In short:

Melee weapons: 1 normal attack, 1 Weapon Action, 4 PA slots. TMG and JB are included here.

Ranged weapons: 1 normal attack, 5 PA slots.

Tech weapons: 1 normal attack, 5 tech slots. For rod/talis/wand, you can replace normal attack with another tech, making it 6 Tech slots, if preferred.

Xaelouse
Mar 24, 2016, 01:19 AM
I wouldn't be surprised people end up putting the weapon action twice for the weapon actions that involve dodging at split seconds

KazukiQZ
Mar 24, 2016, 02:16 AM
^For melee weapon, that's totally viable, imo.

Example: Katana

1. Normal Attack - Guren Tessen - Guard
Sakura Endo - Kanran Kikyou - Guard

2. Normal Attack - Guren Tessen - Guard
Hatou Rindou - (might be Kazan or Gekka, for me) - Guard

Z-0
Mar 24, 2016, 02:17 AM
Can just remove the weapon action if you really felt that way inclined too.

Qualia
Mar 24, 2016, 02:25 AM
Dunno about you guys, but I have my rows switch on hold instead of toggling between the two, so only having the weapon action on the primary row is good enough for me. We'll see how bad muscle memory screws me up though.

Achelousaurus
Mar 24, 2016, 11:01 AM
In theory they probably will because they actually get money for making people gather pointless junk.

In practice I wonder how many people decided to conveniently go on hiatus because Ep4 inventory management has been downright awful with egg/candy/gathering clutter.
lol
I already Npced in excess of 500 eggs. Half of them untekked. Probably gonna npc a bunch of gathering shit as well, just not the stuff needed for the rings I want, 999 collect dailies, and the handful good new food items.

If they add anything it will definitely be in some new system. It won't be for free.
We'll have to work for it. I'd wager it'd be a Ring, or an Earring, or a Nosering.
You forgot genital rings yo.

That aside, how do we even use the new slots?
For melee weapons they become part of the combo?
And for ranged/tech weapons we do what? Cause that's 2 new button we need and on gamepad that sounds very very iffy.

Qualia
Mar 24, 2016, 11:05 AM
That aside, how do we even use the new slots?
For melee weapons they become part of the combo?
And for ranged/tech weapons we do what? Cause that's 2 new button we need and on gamepad that sounds very very iffy.

As far as I can tell, the combo system is going away and everything will work like current ranged/tech weapons but with one extra slot on both rows. That means only one extra button on the gamepad, and you can see what the defaults are on the preview image.

Edit: square, triangle, r1 for attacks and l2 for switching using a PlayStation layout.

Achelousaurus
Mar 24, 2016, 11:26 AM
orz
somehow that sounds totally dumb as fuck. Yeah sure efficiency blabla. But I like my combos and having to press a switch button between them is stupid.

And it's not like melee actually needs more pa slots, that's sitauational as hell.
We just need more weapon palettes, mainly for classes like Fi and Hu with several melee weapons per class.
Whoever makes those decisions at Sega is a genius. To fail to grasp what people want and implement something sort of similar but totally fucking wrong and unwanted swith such amazing consistency taks a truly special kind of genius.

Qualia
Mar 24, 2016, 11:45 AM
Honestly what bothered me with the combo system was using techs with jet boots. I tried the force equippable crimson crystal jet boots to see if they could replace my Bert Rodan, but realized I'd have to dedicate an entire weapon slot for each tech which kinda sucked.

NoobSpectre
Mar 24, 2016, 11:50 AM
As far as I can tell, the combo system is going away and everything will work like current ranged/tech weapons but with one extra slot on both rows. That means only one extra button on the gamepad, and you can see what the defaults are on the preview image.

Edit: square, triangle, r1 for attacks and l2 for switching using a PlayStation layout.

what about mouse + kb? not everyone can afford a gaming mouse, and normal ones have 2 plus maybe a roller in middle.

Qualia
Mar 24, 2016, 12:19 PM
what about mouse + kb? not everyone can afford a gaming mouse, and normal ones have 2 plus maybe a roller in middle.

No idea. I also play M+KB, but I assume switching will be a keyboard key close to wasd or shift.

Perfect Chaos
Mar 24, 2016, 02:04 PM
No idea. I also play M+KB, but I assume switching will be a keyboard key close to wasd or shift.I would assume that with the new system, switching PA/Tech-palette would be Shift like it is now for the palette-swap weapons. No reason to change the key for that, since Shift would do nothing otherwise.

not everyone can afford a gaming mouse, and normal ones have 2 plus maybe a roller in middle.You wouldn't need a fancy gaming mouse, since pretty much all dirt cheap mice these days have a clickable scroll wheel for the third button needed for the new system.

LordKaiser
Mar 24, 2016, 02:19 PM
But all weapons have a weapon action function. Rifle and launcher can have access to 2 additional PAs when the button is pressed no?

Stormwalker
Mar 24, 2016, 02:22 PM

Oh, what I wouldn't give for a Gunslash parry action. It would instantly go back to being my favorite weapon. Even if I did need a ring for it.

gabor100
Mar 24, 2016, 02:23 PM
I would be more than happy if i could place PA's on subpalette just like techs.

Sp-24
Mar 24, 2016, 03:09 PM
orz
somehow that sounds totally dumb as fuck. Yeah sure efficiency blabla. But I like my combos and having to press a switch button between them is stupid.

And it's not like melee actually needs more pa slots, that's sitauational as hell.
We just need more weapon palettes, mainly for classes like Fi and Hu with several melee weapons per class.
Whoever makes those decisions at Sega is a genius. To fail to grasp what people want and implement something sort of similar but totally fucking wrong and unwanted swith such amazing consistency taks a truly special kind of genius.
What are you even on about? There isn't a single reason in the world why having three attacks in an arbitrary string would be better than being able to choose any of the four attacks you might want to perform at the moment without having to deal with palette switch timeout.

Ordy
Mar 24, 2016, 05:00 PM
Could it be that the new weapon palette system is only for PS4?

Qualia
Mar 24, 2016, 05:14 PM
You wouldn't need a fancy gaming mouse, since pretty much all dirt cheap mice these days have a clickable scroll wheel for the third button needed for the new system.
B-but clicking the scroll wheel opens the quick menu

But all weapons have a weapon action function. Rifle and launcher can have access to 2 additional PAs when the button is pressed no?
Yes, but now every weapon will have that same system but with 6 PAs instead of 4.

Achelousaurus
Mar 24, 2016, 05:14 PM
What are you even on about? There isn't a single reason in the world why having three attacks in an arbitrary string would be better than being able to choose any of the four attacks you might want to perform at the moment without having to deal with palette switch timeout.
Cause it's gonna be really awkward with my current control scheme and I have to completely change it.

MightyHarken
Mar 25, 2016, 03:05 PM
At the very least launchers should get a guarding weapon action, Rifles would be OK without it since you can always put parallel slider as a dodging mechanic