PDA

View Full Version : Help with CAST editing

Imjake
Mar 26, 2016, 04:54 PM
Can someone give me DETAILED information on how to edit my CAST humanoid form separately from my CAST parts form?
I dont see any specific option to do it. I checked bump.org's maestro summoner update. It doesnt specify how to do it.

So, how do I do it and can i switch freely between the parts form and humanoid form?

Anduril
Mar 26, 2016, 05:03 PM
Go to options [Gears icon, third option down]
Open the first tab [Basic Settings], then go to the last option [Makeover settings].
There should be two sub-settings; the top is to change the display of accessories in the este windows (tabbed v. list), while the second one is what you are looking for (Realtime change v. Discrete change). Select the bottom option (Discrete change), and you should be able to edit your CAST and Humanoid forms separately.

As to how to change between CAST and Humanoid, you need to change your Body Part; removing your Body Part (or putting on a costume/Outer Layer) will put you in Humanoid form.

Imjake
Mar 26, 2016, 05:21 PM
Yeah i saw that response on the forums to another person asking this.

I just dont want to waste a makeover pass editing my humanoid form. So, youre saying if i hit the discrete change option in the options menu, when i go in to the salon, take off my robo parts, and have just a humanoid body, when i edit that humanoid body it will ONLY change the looks of said humanoid body? So next time i put on my CAST parts, Ill go back to my original body size?

Hysteria1987
Mar 26, 2016, 05:35 PM

I just dont want to waste a makeover pass editing my humanoid form. So, youre saying if i hit the discrete change option in the options menu, when i go in to the salon, take off my robo parts, and have just a humanoid body, when i edit that humanoid body it will ONLY change the looks of said humanoid body? So next time i put on my CAST parts, Ill go back to my original body size?

That's essentially it - my main CAST's humanoid form is tiny, and my CAST form is huge. It will cost you that makeover pass, though.

Anduril
Mar 26, 2016, 05:36 PM

Yes, but only if you actually finalize the change. If you try to save it for later (via Save Character Data), (from my own experience) then the changes done to the last used body type will override both (ie. if you saved the file in Humanoid form, the changes made will then be applied to the CAST form as well when you load the data). There are a few changes that will carry over to both regardless, though, specifically anything related to the face since you can still have a humanoid face with CAST parts.

Imjake
Mar 26, 2016, 08:41 PM
Alright. Ill see if it all works. I have like 6 make over passes. But still, hate to waste one lol.