PDA

View Full Version : How does one trigger the outfit colour glitch?

Petunia
Mar 29, 2016, 04:26 AM
I've had a few people explain it to me, but their explanations were "change outterwear and body paint then press F12" which did not work.
:/
F12 just opens the Exit Game menu.

I googled it and forum searched it, can't find an answer anywhere. Would love to have some of my outfits in green, so if someone could reveal the secrets, I'd appreciate it.

Traumin
Mar 29, 2016, 04:40 AM
So you go into the Fashion editing menu.
Step 1: Put on the costume you want to color
Step 2:make sure the costume loads in
Step 3: Go back to costume under fashion editing and click the costume with the color you want
Step 4: now pretty fast, go down to body paint priority and change the top one by clicking it twice
Step 5: now REALLY FAST press f12 after you do step 4 once
Step 6: now you should have your outfit!

End note: This does not work from outerwear to costumes, but can work from costumes to outerwear. You can not change the color of cast parts through this

wefwq
Mar 29, 2016, 04:56 AM
Reminder other able to see your unique color costume, proceed with caution.

Aine
Mar 29, 2016, 08:05 AM
It's been fixed already.

AlphaBlob
Mar 29, 2016, 08:55 AM
It's been fixed already.
No it hasn't.
[spoiler-box]http://puu.sh/nYc6T/32b0f7f66f.png[/spoiler-box]
But I'm sure it will be fixed soon with all the people making it public.

Azure Falcon
Mar 29, 2016, 09:37 AM
No it hasn't.
[spoiler-box]http://puu.sh/nYc6T/32b0f7f66f.png[/spoiler-box]
But I'm sure it will be fixed soon with all the people making it public.

Of course Sega would fix that, it proves that every outfit could have a re-colour option and it's just a combination of greed/laziness that means we can't get anything in colours that we want. Can't say I'm not tempted to use it on a couple of outfits to get the right shade of blue though.

SilkaN
Mar 29, 2016, 09:40 AM
Of course Sega would fix that, it proves that every outfit could have a re-colour option and it's just a combination of greed/laziness that means we can't get anything in colours that we want. Can't say I'm not tempted to use it on a couple of outfits to get the right shade of blue though.

Disappears once you enter a loading screen though.
Also, new players who spawn will see the new costume and not the glitched old one.
Its utility is very limited, only good for screenshots imo.

Azure Falcon
Mar 29, 2016, 09:53 AM
Disappears once you enter a loading screen though.
Also, new players who spawn will see the new costume and not the glitched old one.
Its utility is very limited, only good for screenshots imo.

Yeah, I just saw that when I changed room layout. Looks like the game thinks you're wearing the new outfit, it just doesn't load in on your end hence why the colour palette gets applied to the old one. I have to say it's quite annoying how that works between outfits that don't have a colour option, that means they must have a hidden colour value assigned to them which we're just not allowed to edit.

untrustful
Mar 29, 2016, 10:00 AM
Patch Notes:
Removed a glitch that let players change outfit colors.

Petunia
Mar 29, 2016, 10:54 AM
Wow SEGA. The glitch wasn't even harming anyone or anything... except for your reputation as a fun company that likes to provide its customers with an enjoyable experience.

We now know every outfit has colour values rather than a texture. Either they did that so they could in the future release a colour-changeable version or because they're dumb and think limiting an outfit to 5 colours is a good idea.

Qualia
Mar 29, 2016, 11:14 AM
Wow SEGA. The glitch wasn't even harming anyone or anything... except for your reputation as a fun company that likes to provide its customers with an enjoyable experience.

We now know every outfit has colour values rather than a texture. Either they did that so they could in the future release a colour-changeable version or because they're dumb and think limiting an outfit to 5 colours is a good idea.

Lol it's an unintended glitch of course they're going to remove it. If you really care enough, you could always resort to file modification.

ShinMegamiSensei
Mar 29, 2016, 11:40 AM
That's in upcoming patch notes? Cuz it's still in the game atm.

Aine
Mar 29, 2016, 11:51 AM
That's from a while back. I haven't tested it since.

TaigaUC
Mar 29, 2016, 12:07 PM
You can prove every outfit has a color change option by wearing a costume without adjustable color and switching between it and any other color costume in the este.
The color will "morph" into the new color.
I think it also works when switching between non-color customizable costumes.

untrustful
Mar 29, 2016, 12:22 PM
This should be a mod/plugin.

pkemr4
Mar 29, 2016, 12:25 PM
Rest in piece

TsengFayt
Mar 31, 2016, 12:49 AM
I can confirm I just used it after the patch. So not sure what they patched?