View Full Version : affix guide need translate

hoangsea
Mar 31, 2016, 11:29 AM
it seems to be an affix guide that can make x5-x6 stuff at 100%
anyone can translate this ? ^^;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGFJpCnG9tA

doomdragon83
Mar 31, 2016, 12:02 PM
I don't know how to translate the vid but I think this guide (http://www.fulldive.nu/2015/01/06/pso2-affixing-101/) is still useful for affixes.

Sirius-91
Mar 31, 2016, 12:36 PM
it seems to be an affix guide that can make x5-x6 stuff at 100%
anyone can translate this ? ^^;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGFJpCnG9tA

He just upslots and uses premade fodder that boost percentages, then adds a 40% affix booster.

Not really a guide, just showing why you would go these lengths. Common sense really.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 31, 2016, 06:40 PM
Not really a guide, just showing why you would go these lengths. Common sense really.

I don't normally white knight, but this IS the affix system, and a japanese video we're talking about. Neither of these things fall under 'common sense' to a foreigner who may or may not be familiar with all the tricks involved. Most of the affix system is not what you'd call 'common sense'.

Sirius-91
Mar 31, 2016, 09:46 PM
I don't normally white knight, but this IS the affix system, and a japanese video we're talking about. Neither of these things fall under 'common sense' to a foreigner who may or may not be familiar with all the tricks involved. Most of the affix system is not what you'd call 'common sense'.

Everyone should be familiar on how it works by now or know about a similar system from another game.

Altiea
Mar 31, 2016, 10:32 PM
Everyone should be familiar on how it works by now or know about a similar system from another game.

But who is "everyone"? Maybe OP doesn't know much about Affixing yet. I've been playing for three years and I still don't like touching it.

Sirius-91
Mar 31, 2016, 10:35 PM
But who is "everyone"? Maybe OP doesn't know much about Affixing yet..

OP linked a video about affixing, OP knows about affixing.

As for everyone,

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/-iuGmLfsSoY/hqdefault.jpg

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 31, 2016, 11:08 PM

Sure many games have methods of personalizing gear with gems, enchants, mods, materia, etc, but the rules for each system are almost always entirely different, and I've been in one mmorpg or another for the past 8 years.

This system really isn't 'common sense'. You really have to do your homework on it if you plan to deal with it, and has even more depth, and rules than the similar systems from WoW, SWtOR, and FF14 to name a few.

Sirius-91
Mar 31, 2016, 11:35 PM
Sure many games have methods of personalizing gear with gems, enchants, mods, materia, etc, but the rules for each system are almost always entirely different, and I've been in one mmorpg or another for the past 8 years.

This system really isn't 'common sense'. You really have to do your homework on it if you plan to deal with it, and has even more depth, and rules than the similar systems from WoW, SWtOR, and FF14 to name a few.

It's common sense in the fact that everyone knows it's important.

Seeing how this completely derailed from what I was saying "common sense" on. It's common sense that you would use affix boosters when doing your gear at higher slots, as it helps you and using souls that would increase your rates on certain stats.

Of course it's probably similar to Algebra 2 for some people, but just watching the guy in the video that OP linked shows you what he did. Even if you don't understand, you have a basic idea on what it's about just by copying what is shown.

Hell, it took me a good month or two before I got the hang of it, but we didn't have monster souls that boosted a large percentage of stat transfers until later.

Anyways, just by googling (http://bfy.tw/52V1) shows that it's common knowledge by now.

nephie
Apr 1, 2016, 12:30 AM
basically it only say... open slot into 7s, put some stat + fever into it. then affix it with the materials/fooders. he don't even explain it deeply on why that combination work so you won't be able to say... making improvisation and such. the guide in the 2nd post cover them better.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 1, 2016, 01:09 AM
Anyways, just by googling (http://bfy.tw/52V1) shows that it's common knowledge by now.

Saying common knowledge, and saying common sense are two different things (and you really didn't need to add either of them anyway).

In your first post, you said 'it's common sense', which comes off as snide, almost as if to say 'how do you not know this stuff?' in a demeaning way, which is silly considering you yourself put that google link with results that come right back to these forums/bumped with other people asking for help.

Also, yes using as many methods as possible to up affix chance is common sense. Knowing all of those methods isn't common sense, and it's to be expected a person looks it up/asks. Try not to come off as snide snide next time when it's a legit question/request, that's all.

Sirius-91
Apr 1, 2016, 01:29 AM
Saying common knowledge, and saying common sense are two different things (and you really didn't need to add either of them anyway).

In your first post, you said 'it's common sense', which comes off as snide, almost as if to say 'how do you not know this stuff?' in a demeaning way, which is silly considering you yourself put that google link with results that come right back to these forums/bumped with other people asking for help.

Also, yes using as many methods as possible to up affix chance is common sense. Knowing all of those methods isn't common sense, and it's to be expected a person looks it up/asks. Try not to come off as snide snide next time when it's a legit question/request, that's all.

Wasn't even aware it was a snarky comment. I'm just confused on how a single post to you becomes an assumption that the OP doesn't know how to affix.

The link googles "How to affix" and the first result is a guide.

Then you reply with this

Also, yes using as many methods as possible to up affix chance is common sense. Knowing all of those methods isn't common sense, and it's to be expected a person looks it up/asks.

which confuses me, because that's what I've said essentially, and you're just repeating it while snapping at me by skewering my first post to the OP as a snarky comment.

If it offended people, I'm sorry, didn't intend for that, but there wasn't a need to go out and make it look like I'm being a prick about it.

LordKaiser
Apr 1, 2016, 01:37 AM
Wasn't even aware it was a snarky comment. I'm just confused on how a single post to you becomes an assumption that the OP doesn't know how to affix.

The link googles "How to affix" and the first result is a guide.

Then you reply with this

which confuses me, because that's what I've said essentially, and you're just repeating it while snapping at me by skewering my first post to the OP as a snarky comment.

If it offended people, I'm sorry, didn't intend for that, but there wasn't a need to go out and make it look like I'm being a prick about it.Don't forget that on April 20 we will have new people coming up who are the PS4 only people.

ArcaneTechs
Apr 1, 2016, 01:46 AM
What is Affixing Simulator

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 1, 2016, 01:48 AM
If it offended people, I'm sorry, didn't intend for that, but there wasn't a need to go out and make it look like I'm being a prick about it.

Well it's either talk about it now, or have a flame war later. Could be with me next boost week, the OP, or someone else. It's just very easy to trigger someone with that line even if you don't mean it. No one likes having their intelligence insulted.

You're not a prick as long as you don't mean it though.

What is Affixing Simulator

This (http://pso2affix.seilent.net/) may be the latest one.

gabor100
Apr 1, 2016, 06:22 AM
I know the game is JP but why not search for a guide that you can understand or ask how do affix what you want?

Like this (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232677) dude.

Selphea
Apr 1, 2016, 07:06 AM
From what I've seen, the main challenges are either:

A) People don't know the process is called "affixing" in the first place.
B) People skim the recipes for lower slot affixing but it doesn't really 'click' that they can extrapolate the 5s process to 6s.

Personally if i do flict, mod, noble at 5s i'm a little reluctant to do one for 6s and beyond because the process is very similar, except with an extra Fever or Abil3 thrown in or something.

My assumption is if someone is hardcore enough to have the budget for 6s then they are likely to just outright customize their own recipes. But I do guess wrong sometimes so if anyone wants I'll translate it.

ArcaneTechs
Apr 1, 2016, 11:09 PM
This (http://pso2affix.seilent.net/) may be the latest one.
I wasnt asking for it lol I was saying why people don't use the sim to get a feel for it since it lists the bonuses when you highlight over souls etc so people "learn" what to do.