PDA

View Full Version : Looking for PS4 info on the > 4/20 getting close., were it all at ?

st45st
Mar 31, 2016, 12:10 PM
1st it not region lock from what been hearing , so people in usa and U/E can play the game sony paid , sega to not do it ,

2nd not sure if need to create a ps4 japanese account or do like dead or alive extreme to get access .

3rd , heard they hired the guys that auto translated the game in english, but voice may not be there . on ps4 .

4th ps4 version going be retail price . some were from 39$ to 49$ ,

info been hearing , and surprised this site not got the info up.

AlphaBlob
Mar 31, 2016, 12:21 PM
Where did you even hear this?

Mizel
Mar 31, 2016, 12:45 PM
The PC version isn't region locked (besides the SEA IP block), so there wouldn't be a region lock on ps4, sony doesn't have anything to do with that really. And yes, you need a japanese psn account. There's no translation either. The deluxe package for ps4 contains item codes for costumes, weapon skins, and a 30 day premium pass.

Anduril
Mar 31, 2016, 12:53 PM
As per Sony's policy:

Do PS4 games have regional locks?
In general, neither digital nor disc-based games will be region locked, but PlayStation recommends that all users purchase games at the region of their residence to guarantee the best overall experience and customer service. In certain instances, a software publisher may choose to region lock a game title for specific reasons, but Sony Computer Entertainment expects these instances to be uncommon. Source: PS4: The Ultimate FAQ (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/30/ps4-the-ultimate-faq-north-america/)
This does mean that there is a possibility of SEGA region locking the game, but it is highly unlikely since there is no such block on the Vita version.

Based on the Vita version, there is the possibility you don't need a JPN PSN account if you have the retail copy (4990JPY; 44USD on play-asia (https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiuyaHvxevLAhVDy2MKHVbODy4QFggcMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.play-asia.com%2Fphantasy-star-online-2-episode-4-deluxe-package%2F13%2F709q2p&usg=AFQjCNGrCvbhsh3d6Jnq1ik-z7VQLHiolg&sig2=Wh7AZBUIFAdf8rAAdealtg&bvm=bv.118443451,d.cGc), not including shipping); though since you can have multiple accounts on a PS4, there isn't a reason to not just make a JPN PSN account (http://tay.kinja.com/you-can-play-ps4s-japanese-exclusives-right-now-here-1523908351)so you can download the game for free (also note, that to download DLC you must use the Playstation Store of a game's native region).

ashley50
Mar 31, 2016, 01:10 PM
Source?

gabor100
Mar 31, 2016, 01:17 PM
We will get the source in 2026.

Sirius-91
Mar 31, 2016, 02:02 PM
3rd , heard they hired the guys that auto translated the game in english, but voice may not be there . on ps4 .

What universe are you from?

SteveCZ
Mar 31, 2016, 07:51 PM
What universe are you from?

I think phantasy star universe, a little to the top left.

to topic: we'll see 19 days later.

LordKaiser
Apr 1, 2016, 05:28 PM
Well the only huge hoop is to make a Japanese ID and that's the hardest part but everything is easy after that.

To play on the PS4 all that will be needed is a Japanese PSN account to download the game from the PSN store and log in with your SEGA ID typing it all on lower caps. I'm certain that you can log on your PS4 with your western PSN account and launch the game.

On April 20 I will download the PS4 version after I update my PC version.

Altiea
Apr 1, 2016, 07:47 PM
I'm certain that you can log on your PS4 with your western PSN account and launch the game.

If the PS4 version is going to work similarly to the Vita version like I'm assuming, then wouldn't your SEGA ID be chained to the PSN ID you first log into PSO2 with?

EDIT: Duh, never mind. I forgot the part where you log into your non-JP account after you download, but before you log into PSO2.

r00tabaga
Apr 4, 2016, 11:47 AM
You won't need Jpn Acct to play physical copy. Just a SEGAID.

[Ayumi]
Apr 4, 2016, 06:44 PM
Seeing as I needed a JPN PSN account to buy PSP2 and PSP2i on the PSP, and I'm sure a JPN PSN account to download PS Nova and PSO2 on the Vita (I don't have a Vita yet, but want one for only Nova and PSO2 soon), I'm sure you would need one as well for PSO on the PS4

You won't need Jpn Acct to play physical copy. Just a SEGAID.

Unless this.

TaigaUC
Apr 4, 2016, 07:33 PM
Will the PS4 version be downloadable for free? I saw it being sold at Play Asia, but screw that.
I don't suppose I'd be able to use 3 different SEGA IDs on a single PSN account?

But... I can't imagine many incentives to play the PS4 version over the PC version...

Totori
Apr 4, 2016, 08:16 PM
It prolly is downloadable for free, don't see why it wouldn't so you would just need a JP PSN for the download and you can use an english or whatever PSN to play the game, when you link for SEGAID to it.

Or just buy the disc, and same thing from there. It's no different from the VITA version.