PDA

View Full Version : April Update: NT Weapons

sparab
Mar 31, 2016, 04:43 PM
http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/?id=8532

Experience yet another new experience that no one cares after 4/20 update!
All old generation weapons will only drop from visphone shop. Some low rarity weapons will not receive NT version.

- NT weapons receives "upgrade EXP" by contributing other weapons, grinders/ramda grinders will also be used
- NT weapons never fail when upgrade, but can get "great success" like crafting
- Upgrade cap is 35, but you need to contribute same weapons to increase its level cap after 30
- Contribute weapons of the same rarity for element upgrade, synthesizers are not required
- Potential can be unlocked at lv 10/20/30
- Current weapon related titles can only be acquired from old generation weapons
- Current items such as risk reduction, upgrade skip and success rate+ cannot be used to upgrade NT weapons (they will received new upgrade items)
- NT weapons cannot be crafted

List of NT weapons that can be acquired where are *13s?
[SPOILER-BOX]ソード
ワイヤードランス
パルチザン
ツインダガー
ダブルセイバー
ナックル
ガンスラッシュ
ライフル
ランチャー
ツインマシンガン
ロッド
タリス
ウォンド
カタナ
バレットボウ
デュアルブレード
ジェットブーツ
アルバソード
アルバランス
アルバパルチザン
アルバTダガー
アルバDセイバー
アルバナックル
アルバスラッシュ
アルバライフル
アルバランチャー
アルバTマシンガン
アルバロッド
アルバタリス
アルバウォンド
アルバカタナ
アルバボウ
アルバDブレード
アルバJブーツ
ヴィタソード
ヴィタランス
ヴィタパルチザン
ヴィタTダガー
ヴィタDセイバー
ヴィタナックル
ヴィタスラッシュ
ヴィタライフル
ヴィタランチャー
ヴィタTマシンガン
ヴィタロッド
ヴィタタリス
ヴィタウォンド
ヴィタカタナ
ヴィタボウ
ヴィタDブレード
ヴィタJブーツ
クレイモア
ワイヤードトライ
バルディス
ツインブレイド
ダブルレイピア
ブレイクル
ガンシザー
ビーム
ラフレイム
ツインガトリング
ストライカー
オブサイド
セプター
ヴァストール
クワドラプト
デュアルサーベル
ジェットスライダー
キャリバー
ワイヤードアーチ
グングニル
ツインエッジ
ダブルグラディウス
クラシェルブ
ガンハチェット
レーザー
ピサスティアン
ツインバルカン
フォールオンス
ディフューズ
ケイン
エスレイン
アルクレイ
デュアルスティレット
ジェットビースオート
アルバクレイモア
アルバトライ
アルババルディス
アルバTブレイド
アルバDレイピア
アルバブレイクル
アルバシザー
アルバビーム
アルバラフレイム
アルバTガトリング
アルバストライカー
アルバオブサイド
アルバセプター
アルバヴァストール
アルバクワドラプト
アルバDサーベル
アルバJスライダー
アルバキャリバー
アルバアーチ
アルバグングニル
アルバTエッジ
アルバDグラディウス
アルバクラシェルブ
アルバハチェット
アルバレーザー
アルバピサスティアン
アルバTバルカン
アルバフォールオンス
アルバディフューズ
アルバケイン
アルバエスレイン
アルバアルクレイ
アルバDスティレット
アルバJビースオート
ヴィタクレイモア
ヴィタトライ
ヴィタバルディス
ヴィタTブレイド
ヴィタDレイピア
ヴィタブレイクル
ヴィタシザー
ヴィタビーム
ヴィタラフレイム
ヴィタTガトリング
ヴィタストライカー
ヴィタオブサイド
ヴィタセプター
ヴィタヴァストール
ヴィタクワドラプト
ヴィタDサーベル
ヴィタJスライダー
ヴィタキャリバー
ヴィタアーチ
ヴィタグングニル
ヴィタTエッジ
ヴィタDグラディウス
ヴィタクラシェルブ
ヴィタハチェット
ヴィタレーザー
ヴィタピサスティアン
ヴィタTバルカン
ヴィタフォールオンス
ヴィタディフューズ
ヴィタケイン
ヴィタエスレイン
ヴィタアルクレイ
ヴィタDスティレット
ヴィタJビースオート
ザックス
クシャネビュラ
バシレイオン
アステラ
スピルティア
リドルモール
ガンスラッシュゼロ
フルシリンダー
セントキルダ
アレスヴィス
レッドプロセッサ
ローザクレイン
レガリア
シガルガ
ビッグロウ
サーブライト
サーハブリズ
アーディロウ
ジャグリアス
ライゼノーク
レグザガ
フェイルノート
バイティガー
ジャレイド
ティグリドル
リドゥルティブ
ラディエグル
ガーランド
ヴィスバーン
クレスディガー
サリザニア
ティグリボウ
アデレード
レザスイフト
ディオアーディロウ
ディオジャグリアス
ディオライゼノーク
ディオレグザガ
ディオフェイルノート
ディオバイティガー
ディオジャレイド
ディオティグリドル
ディオリドゥルティブ
ディオラディエグル
ディオガーランド
ディオヴィスバーン
ディオクレスディガー
ディオサリザニア
ディオティグリボウ
ディオアデレード
ディオレザスイフト
ドラゴンスレイヤー
ディアボリックガント
ゲキツナアタ
フローティングエッジズ
迅雷
ファイティングビート
エンペルアキシオン
ホーリーレイ
インフェルノバズーカ
パンドラエクストリーム
神杖アマテラス
ガディアンナ
エビルカースト
剣影
ニレンアギト
クルセイドロア
ヘレティックエンド
フリューシャジール
イブリスブラッド
ラングリッター
パオネリアン
カルデスタ
アラオシリンダー
アグニバズーカ
ブランミラーズ
ルーライラ
ブラウルフト
スティナ
ビューレイオブス
スサノヒキ
デイジーチェイン
グロリアスウィング
トライデントクラッシャー
サクリファイスダーカー
アブソリュートブレード
ヴァイスコメート
機甲剣メックカタール
インフィニットコランダム
ファイナルインパクト
ミズーリM13
ラビットウォンド
ドリームマスター
バルムンク
サンゲ
サザンクロス
ノクスクヴェル
ノクスジラーク
ノクスロザン
ノクスネシス
ノクスカディナ
ノクスデスティム
ノクスシュディクス
ノクスシュタヤー
ノクスクラード
ノクスシャリオ
ノクスリフェル
ノクスクリーグ
ノクスキュクロス
ノクスサジェフス
ノクスレクシオ
ノクスディナス
ノクスプラシス[/SPOILER-BOX]

Altiea
Mar 31, 2016, 05:06 PM
Wait, so is this system replacing the majority of existing weapons?

Zyrusticae
Mar 31, 2016, 05:09 PM
Seems like it. All those 1-6* weapons...

Alenoir
Mar 31, 2016, 05:09 PM
That's actually the list of weapons that will be replaced by their NT versions. So if you kill something that currently drops a Nox TMG for example, it will instead be dropping Nox TMG NT after the update.

Kondibon
Mar 31, 2016, 05:50 PM
I feel like if they're gonna bother replacing the weapon drops entirely, the OLD ones should be the ones with a new name. But whatever. = w=

Flaoc
Mar 31, 2016, 05:59 PM
13* still gonna be better zzzzzz

Altiea
Mar 31, 2016, 06:36 PM
13* still gonna be better zzzzzz

But didn't they show that there were going to be new 13*s that use the new system?

Azure Falcon
Mar 31, 2016, 06:40 PM
So if I've got this right, you basically grind these to +30 (the old +10 x3)by feeding same rarity stuff, then feed identical versions for 30-35, and for element boosting the minimum required is now just same rarity rather than rarity and type. And in exchange you can't craft them, so everything below 12* is going to be completely useless, while 12* will be useless purely because they're still just Nox weapons.

Great job Sega. Could have just overhauled grinding across the board, had to make it waaaaay more complicated instead.

Altiea
Mar 31, 2016, 06:45 PM
There's also the fact that they're screwing new players out of a lot of titles because the old weapons are being replaced on the drop tables.

Totori
Mar 31, 2016, 07:30 PM
I don't see how it's screwing new players over, this is a good thing. Hopefully will move peeps to not using the same weapon set up as everyone else. And hopefully, those lovely designs to use.

Kondibon
Mar 31, 2016, 07:38 PM
Hopefully will move peeps to not using the same weapon set up as everyone else. And hopefully, those lovely designs to use.It's not going to do either of those things, I don't even see why you think it would.

TheszNuts
Mar 31, 2016, 07:45 PM
I don't see how it's screwing new players over

You overlooked the part where he mentioned player titles, thats a lot of titles that will become that much harder for a new player.

Zeroem
Mar 31, 2016, 07:48 PM
The only thing I see could happened is less headache of upgrading weapon prior to getting a *13
At least this could bring a somewhat easier weapon progression for new players.

Low-rarity NT weapons -> non-NT *7 to *11 weapons -> Nox NT weapons -> *13 weapons

Title change is a rather bad move.....unless they include titles for NT weapons to compensate that.

TehCubey
Mar 31, 2016, 08:02 PM
A ha ha. 10/10 April Fool's Day Sega, you almost had me.

I want to believe

Kondibon
Mar 31, 2016, 08:05 PM
A ha ha. 10/10 April Fool's Day Sega, you almost had me.

I want to believeI don't think Japan does april fools. the NT weapons were announce a while ago anyway.

TehCubey
Mar 31, 2016, 08:11 PM
Actually they do (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtvmjBm5cm0).

I know the announcement looks legit, but I choose to believe it's an April Fool's joke. It's better that way

Kondibon
Mar 31, 2016, 08:20 PM

I know the announcement looks legit, but I choose to believe it's an April Fool's joke. It's better that wayWell the only part that isn't old info is the exact list of weapons, but ok. _(:3

otakun
Mar 31, 2016, 08:21 PM
so this makes most of the 12* and under stuff we have useless or can they be used to upgrade NTs?

Altiea
Mar 31, 2016, 08:26 PM
so this makes most of the 12* and under stuff we have useless or can they be used to upgrade NTs?

I like to think that it gives you another "option". You're either shelling out for a crapton of fodder or you're shelling out for Grind Success and Risk Reducer. Resource sink or RNG, pick your poison, but I don't think NT is going to surpass what we already had, it'll only replace it.

Altiea
Mar 31, 2016, 08:30 PM
Incidentally, can we expect the prices of old stuff to rise now that they're in limited quantity?

Zysets
Mar 31, 2016, 08:32 PM
Why didn't they just incorporate something like this with current weapons?
Kind of like how gathering should have been part of crafting, but of course it isn't.

Kondibon
Mar 31, 2016, 08:39 PM
Why didn't they just incorporate something like this with current weapons?Probably because it would break stuff. What happens if you have a +10 lv3 latent weapon? Does it lose the latent levels? Is it automatically brought up to +30?

What I REALLY want is for them to do something about the garbage affixing system though. I:

Tunga
Mar 31, 2016, 08:40 PM
IF this is true then it's time sega added lamba grinders to enemy drops. We have more 13* than 12* and yet we still rely on outdated Zieg CO.

Kondibon
Mar 31, 2016, 08:46 PM
IF this is true then it's time sega added lamba grinders to enemy drops. We have more 13* than 12* and yet we still rely on outdated Zieg CO.I wouldn't mind them being added to more COs, like TACOs or something (to replace normal grinders), but making them drops would mean they'd either have to be so rare they might as well not be drops, or common enough that they might as well just make 13*s use 20 normal grinders instead.

Tunga
Mar 31, 2016, 08:53 PM
I wouldn't mind them being added to more COs, like TACOs or something (to replace normal grinders), but making them drops would mean they'd either have to be so rare they might as well not be drops, or common enough that they might as well just make 13*s use 20 normal grinders instead.

Even limiting them to XH bosses only would be something. Anything to stop the ultra repetitive and boring grind of Zieg CO. But being realistic you'd probably die to a vending machine before that happens.

wefwq
Mar 31, 2016, 09:32 PM
They're spitting on the craft system corpse.

You overlooked the part where he mentioned player titles, thats a lot of titles that will become that much harder for a new player.
I don't think title from weapon grind contribute that much.
There's unique title for very old weapon, but really, new player won't bother with it at all.

Vatallus
Mar 31, 2016, 10:03 PM
Phantasy Fantasy Star.

Rakurai
Mar 31, 2016, 10:09 PM
So all of the old 12* and lower weapons will be even more useless then they currently are?

Misaki Ki
Mar 31, 2016, 10:22 PM

I know the announcement looks legit, but I choose to believe it's an April Fool's joke. It's better that way

I never knew I wanted a Miku mod for an Inspire 1 before, until now.

Rehal
Mar 31, 2016, 11:10 PM
http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/?id=8532

Experience yet another new experience that no one cares after 4/20 update!
All old generation weapons will only drop from visphone shop. Some low rarity weapons will not receive NT version.

- NT weapons receives "upgrade EXP" by contributing weapons of the same(?) category and same(?) rarity, grinders/ramda grinders will also be used

Wrong, you can feed any weapon of any rarity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc6DerVREi4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc6DerVREi4

Skip to 3:17, grinding weapon is Nox NT, at 3:18 fodders chosen are of various kinds like Heretic End NT (Heretic End is a 10* WL), Nox Rifle NT, フラウディート (11* Partizan), ...
At 3:21 you can see a Sword NT (Sword is a 1* Sword duh) and magatsu-10*-partizan being used as fodders this time.

That's actually the list of weapons that will be replaced by their NT versions. So if you kill something that currently drops a Nox TMG for example, it will instead be dropping Nox TMG NT after the update.

I think that is a list of acquirable NT weapons, there is another small list with mostly 4~6* weapons on pso2 site which I believe to be weapons that will be completely replaced by NT version in drop.

Zysets
Mar 31, 2016, 11:20 PM
Actually they do (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtvmjBm5cm0)

I laughed thank you for this

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/meoUUBM.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

TaigaUC
Apr 1, 2016, 01:03 AM
Japan does do April Fools.

NT weapons never fail when upgrade, but can get "great success" like crafting
That's the best part.

Really, though... they could have simply retroactively changed the grinding system.
Instead, they added ANOTHER new system on top of an old system, and basically duplicated existing weapons as NT versions.
Overcomplicating much.

wahahaha
Apr 1, 2016, 01:04 AM
This is a mere testing ground, so it can pull a reboot like FFXIV.
As for NT weapons, they are welcomed.

sparab
Apr 1, 2016, 01:13 AM
Sega cited the date as 3/31 even the article was obviously posted on 4/1

This is a mere testing ground, so it can pull a reboot like ES

Fixed

jooozek
Apr 1, 2016, 01:54 AM
oh, april fools
you almost had me segac!

untrustful
Apr 1, 2016, 02:13 AM
Default System
Crafting System
NT System

Hysteria1987
Apr 1, 2016, 02:25 AM
~~Blaze it~~

Did they happen to mention at all why they're doing this? I mean sure, it's probably all to do with this reborn dealey they're doing, but I'm not entirely sure what they hope to gain from it at this stage. Were there a lot of complaints about the old grind system perhaps? I can't say I had any real issues with it myself - it could be a bit annoying at times, and a bit expensive, but I don't think things should be too easy.

SilkaN
Apr 1, 2016, 02:33 AM
Just wait a month and Sega will drop this new system too

Kondibon
Apr 1, 2016, 02:37 AM
~~Blaze it~~

Did they happen to mention at all why they're doing this? I mean sure, it's probably all to do with this reborn dealey they're doing, but I'm not entirely sure what they hope to gain from it at this stage. Were there a lot of complaints about the old grind system perhaps? I can't say I had any real issues with it myself - it could be a bit annoying at times, and a bit expensive, but I don't think things should be too easy.Having a chance to LOSE progress on item upgrades without using super expensive cash items isn't something I've seen in an online game since the genre first started. Even random nothing MMOs like Aura kingdom have systems where you get SOMETHING from a failed grind.

Just wait a month and Sega will drop this new system too
There's not really anything to drop... Unless people are expecting them to increase the grind level again later, but who would want that instead of just new weapons?

isCasted
Apr 1, 2016, 03:11 AM
There's one system people found kinda fun, but SEGA doesn't seem to care about it. PAs.

Kondibon
Apr 1, 2016, 03:18 AM
I'll care about PA crafting when it works like the skill system in BnS. = w=

isCasted
Apr 1, 2016, 03:31 AM
Nah, I meant PAs themselves. We barely get any new PA releases. Last time we got new non-Summoner PAs at all was back when Kuron was released. A lot of weapons haven't seen new PAs since Ult Nab. Bouncer is still stuck at 6 PAs for DBs and 4 for JBs.

It's still weird to me that new moves (a part of core mechanics of the game) are released so rarely.

TaigaUC
Apr 1, 2016, 03:39 AM
Whenever they release new PAs it often renders nearly every other PA virtually useless.
SEGA probably knows they suck at balance and don't want to bother.
Maybe moreso now that Suganuma is out of the picture.
The current two directors probably spend all their time playing rock paper scissors and rolling dice to decide whose ideas are better.

What happened to this year's enquete? Still haven't heard anything about it yet.
Did they just stop caring what their customers think?

NightlightPro
Apr 1, 2016, 07:08 AM
PA's customization..

TaigaUC
Apr 1, 2016, 07:19 AM
Skill system in BnS is kinda like how some talents in WoW greatly change skills/attacks.
If I recall correctly, it changes some stuff from one purpose into another purpose, thus allowing people to further customize and finetune their preferred playstyle.
That's how PA customization should be. I'm sure that's what everyone expected.

I remember when Suganuma was talking about how they wanted to make PA customization more interesting than Tech customization.
Then it ended up just being fixes for a few bad PAs again, to make them not useless.
I don't think anyone can suck so much by accident. What SEGA is doing has to be on purpose.

the_importer_
Apr 1, 2016, 07:55 AM
I really don't get the point to this if you can't go beyond to power of the original (crafted) weapon.

EDIT: As for Rods, the only one that they brought over to NT that boosts a respective element by 16% is Divine Amaterasu. So ya, my old crafted elemental set till beat any of these by a long shot.

Ziel
Apr 1, 2016, 08:03 AM
Having a chance to LOSE progress on item upgrades without using super expensive cash items isn't something I've seen in an online game since the genre first started. Even random nothing MMOs like Aura kingdom have systems where you get SOMETHING from a failed grind.

Yeah except some of cA$hiasoft games and old Ragnarok where you actually destroyed the item if the upgrading failed, in cashiasoft case it could be saved if you used a grinding optional cash item which avoided destruction but not failure; i think they still pull this bs on some games.

"Grind" Fantasia and Ragnarok 2 (*shudders*) do these things, with the aforementioned "cash item grind destruction avoider"

Just think if dudu could utterly destroy your +9 13*

Rehal
Apr 1, 2016, 08:05 AM
I really don't get the point to this if you can't go beyond to power of the original (crafted) weapon.

http://puu.sh/o20ix/6733e4f71a.jpg

1337 at +30 (max is +35 FYI), affixes are ability 3 (+15 ATK), body 1 (+SDEF), something-resist1, shoot 1, so it's 1322 actually.

I don't think crafted weapon or original Nox sword go beyond 1322.

Kondibon
Apr 1, 2016, 08:05 AM
Skill system in BnS is kinda like how some talents in WoW greatly change skills/attacks.
If I recall correctly, it changes some stuff from one purpose into another purpose, thus allowing people to further customize and finetune their preferred playstyle.
That's how PA customization should be. I'm sure that's what everyone expected.That's pretty much exactly why I brought up BnS. I'd also like to be able to switch between any crafted versions we unlock and the original. I:

I really don't get the point to this if you can't go beyond to power of the original (crafted) weapon.I just welcome not having to spend millions per attempt if I want to grind something without risking losing progress. Though for all I know it could cost millions per attempt anyway. I guess it'll be an actual meseta sink though.

the_importer_
Apr 1, 2016, 08:10 AM
I just welcome not having to spend millions per attempt if I want to grind something without risking losing progress. Though for all I know it could cost millions per attempt anyway. I guess it'll be an actual meseta sink though.

According to one of my old posts: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3341622&postcount=139

$140 000 a pop

http://puu.sh/o20ix/6733e4f71a.jpg

1337 at +30 (max is +35 FYI), affixes are ability 3 (+15 ATK), body 1 (+SDEF), something-resist1, shoot 1, so it's 1322 actually.

I don't think crafted weapon or original Nox sword go beyond 1322.

True in terms of raw power, rods go at 1130, but power fails in comparaison of potentials. So having only 1 rod that boosts an elements by 16% is a failure on their part.

Kondibon
Apr 1, 2016, 08:16 AM
According to one of my old posts: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3341622&postcount=139

$140 000 a popI can live with that if it means even a failure gets me SOMETHING.

Rehal
Apr 1, 2016, 08:17 AM
True in terms of raw power, rods go at 1130, but power fails in comparaison of potentials. So having only 1 rod that boosts an elements by 16% is a failure on their part.

Well this system is definitely a newbie-thing after all.

You can also go grab a rainbow set of rods from the sheet like this sword one too.

http://puu.sh/o217O/fd06682808.jpg

Edit: guess not, there's limit of 3 sheets somehow so if it's character-bound then you need 6 characters to get rainbow rods from doing 18 sheets.
http://puu.sh/o21m2/95f745c263.jpg

What rods are you talking about btw? (´゚ω。`)

Raujinn
Apr 1, 2016, 08:26 AM
But if you need the same weapon to go from 30 to 35... how are you going to do that for those weapons if it takes more than 2? Forced to get an alt?

Actually do these even use the NT system?

Kondibon
Apr 1, 2016, 08:28 AM

You can also go grab a rainbow set of rods from the sheet like this sword one too.

http://puu.sh/o217O/fd06682808.jpg

Edit: guess not, there's limit of 3 sheets somehow so if it's character-bound then you need 6 characters to get rainbow rods from doing 18 sheets.
http://puu.sh/o21m2/95f745c263.jpgIt might just be a limit of 3 at a time, but considering this seems to be meant to replace matter board drops, it's also likely that they're one time only.

But if you need the same weapon to go from 30 to 35... how are you going to do that for those weapons if it takes more than 2? Forced to get an alt?
They could always still drop somewhere.

Rehal
Apr 1, 2016, 08:29 AM
We still have no idea what is that limit exactly so I wouldn't suggest digging into that further. _(:3」∠)_

the_importer_
Apr 1, 2016, 08:33 AM

I don't think you understand what I'm saying. Up until last year, I was using these:

[spoiler-box]http://i67.tinypic.com/25tdqgw.png[/spoiler-box]

(inb4 "you have to much HP on your rods" in a nerd tone)

Each, of these not only have 50 elements, meaning 25% boost from element conversion, but they also boost each of their respective elements by another 16% thanks to their potential (from left to right: Fire, Ice, Bolt, Wind, Light, Dark).

I can live with that if it means even a failure gets me SOMETHING.

My luck is shitty, but unless we're talking 13* here, nothing would cost me close 4m+ to grind to +40.

Kondibon
Apr 1, 2016, 08:48 AM
My luck is shitty, but unless we're talking 13* here, nothing would cost me close 4m+ to grind to +40.I'm pretty sure the grind cost is only that high because it's going from 30-31 in that picture. I doubt it's going to be that high all the way though. It might go up every 10 or something.

Rehal
Apr 1, 2016, 08:51 AM
I don't think you understand what I'm saying. Up until last year, I was using these:

[spoiler-box]http://i67.tinypic.com/25tdqgw.png[/spoiler-box]

(inb4 "you have to much HP on your rods" in a nerd tone)

Each, of these not only have 50 elements, meaning 25% boost from element conversion, but they also boost each of their respective elements by another 16% thanks to their potential (from left to right: Fire, Ice, Bolt, Wind, Light, Dark).

My luck is shitty, but unless we're talking 13* here, nothing would cost me close 4m+ to grind to +40.

I see you what you meant now. Yes FO doesn't seem like it will benefit much from this system when its skill enforces rainbow palette.

Nox Sword has 1230 ATK for original and 1322 at +30 so I'd guess Nox Rod NT will have around 1250 at +30. If you have a matching 50 element Nox and you can satisfy the condition of having > 40% PP for 18% bonus then it will be stronger than those crafted elemental rods.

Much more efficient to just buy those elemental rods tho hah. :wacko:

gabor100
Apr 1, 2016, 08:53 AM
Having a chance to LOSE progress on item upgrades without using super expensive cash items isn't something I've seen in an online game since the genre first started. Even random nothing MMOs like Aura kingdom have systems where you get SOMETHING from a failed grind.

I'm lost, are we talking about meseta or real life money?

In FFXIV 1.0 you lost everything if you failed to strengthen(meld materia) your equipment and the relic quest was a big RNG money sink too.,

Kondibon
Apr 1, 2016, 08:55 AM
In FFXIV 1.0 You mean the one that crashed and burned because everyone hated it? ._.

wefwq
Apr 1, 2016, 09:07 AM
It's a good thing they made grinding less reliant to RNG and all, but why don't convert every single old weapon that will receive NT variant into it's new variant in the first place anyway, it would benefit gramps and newbies both :-?

Since they want to kill like quite a bit of old-type weapons why only go halfway killing it on deathbed :-?
I'm sure they'll go ahead and kill the rest of old-type weapons in the later updates anyway.

- Make drop table less cluttered
- Less confusing for newbies on grinding old-type vs new-type
- Support weapon for old-types will still be used for units and *13 anyway, so no worries

ZerotakerZX
Apr 1, 2016, 02:12 PM
It's a good thing they made grinding less reliant to RNG and all, but why don't convert every single old weapon that will receive NT variant into it's new variant in the first place anyway, it would benefit gramps and newbies both :-?

Since they want to kill like quite a bit of old-type weapons why only go halfway killing it on deathbed :-?
I'm sure they'll go ahead and kill the rest of old-type weapons in the later updates anyway.

- Make drop table less cluttered
- Less confusing for newbies on grinding old-type vs new-type
- Support weapon for old-types will still be used for units and *13 anyway, so no worries

I guess it easier for them, not us.

untrustful
Apr 1, 2016, 04:12 PM
I guess it easier for them, not us.

Name of the Game.™

LordKaiser
Apr 1, 2016, 04:19 PM
Unless this NT variants count the same as a non NT variant on the item database just like you killing the rare variant of a monster on a CO.

Kondibon
Apr 1, 2016, 04:20 PM
People will complain no matter how they handle the old weapons...

zandra117
Apr 1, 2016, 06:11 PM
does this mean the matter board items will change too

Bellion
Apr 1, 2016, 06:35 PM
Unlikely since they're not even changing the names of the weapons except for the Nox series. Titles for grinding specific weapons shouldn't be impacted by this update either as you should be able to reach +10 if they haven't been ground already.

wefwq
Apr 1, 2016, 09:48 PM
People will complain no matter how they handle the old weapons...
The problem is, they're trying to kill certain old weapon by removing it from drop table, it's number will be declining and will eventually vanish anyway.

If you visit the link on the first post, there's also a table of weapon that will no longer drop, if i read it right it's only *1~*5 though, but they probably will add old variant of *6+ later if they really want to push this new NT system.
I personally don't have problem with new grinding system, though i just felt that all the nox weapon i get seems to be kind of waste now.

Still hope they put some weapon trade for upgrades, or adding some kind of Dudu evil ritual to convert weapon into NT or something though.

Keilyn
Apr 1, 2016, 10:05 PM
I don't know if this makes the game better or worse.

I guess its everyone running Summoner until level 50, leveling a side-job and then swapping and skipping all of these 1 - 6* weapons altogether.....and running straight for crafted 7 - 11* weapons. At least some of the potentials are still useful before the 13*

In particular I love Race Slaying Potentials very much considering I don't run Ultimate Often unless I feel like playing support in there....

Aine
Apr 1, 2016, 11:09 PM
Unlikely since they're not even changing the names of the weapons except for the Nox series. Titles for grinding specific weapons shouldn't be impacted by this update either as you should be able to reach +10 if they haven't been ground already.

Actually it states that the specific weapon titles can only be obtained by grinding the old versions, which will become harder since they'll stop dropping.

The weapon boost titles should become easier to get though, since picking up an NT weapon will add both the NT and old versions to the weapon database and both will count towards the title.

ArcaneTechs
Apr 1, 2016, 11:12 PM
Whatever helps reduce trash drops during runs the better, I mean most of us shouldnt even be worried about this being a huge problem.

Altiea
Apr 1, 2016, 11:21 PM
Whatever helps reduce trash drops during runs the better, I mean most of us shouldnt even be worried about this being a huge problem.

It's probably just system fatigue. We've gotten so many new things over the past few months that barely add anything worthwhile to what we already have, and hell, we might just be paranoid about NT weapons falling into the same bin. There's also complications about new weapons vs. old weapons and how they'll impact things currently relevant and availability of old stuff and such.

ArcaneTechs
Apr 1, 2016, 11:25 PM
It's probably just system fatigue. We've gotten so many new things over the past few months that barely add anything worthwhile to what we already have, and hell, we might just be paranoid about NT weapons falling into the same bin.
Not really expecting them to be that good either, maybe mid tier in the 13* list since theyre so easy to get.

People probably would use (i think) 4-6* weps more if the requirements werent exactly high maybe but remember there are 7* weps that require 1 S/R/T atk to use so what would be the point of using 4-6*'s?

idk its just junk weapons to me, not a big deal but its not like theres a massive influx of new players coming in that suddenly this is a big concern

Bellion
Apr 1, 2016, 11:26 PM
Actually it states that the specific weapon titles can only be obtained by grinding the old versions, which will become harder since they'll stop dropping.

Mmm, so it does. Oh well, that will be terrible for future title collectors.

The new Revolucio weapons are said to be stronger than Orbit but weaker than Austere. For something that can be earned without picking up 10 million stones, that sure sounds rather nice.

D-Inferno
Apr 1, 2016, 11:59 PM
The new Revolucio weapons are said to be stronger than Orbit but weaker than Austere. For something that can be earned without picking up 10 million stones, that sure sounds rather nice.
Which is like... 1-2% dmg diff in most cases I think. Was it stated in the livestream or the like? I was hoping they would have Phantom-Buster on them since they come with Wind ele, and they would be a great prep for Yamato.