PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Character General Election result is out!

IronKrone
Apr 2, 2016, 01:29 AM
Pretty much all expected results, really.

Females:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2971&pictureid=42012[/SPOILER-BOX]

Males:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2971&pictureid=42013[/SPOILER-BOX]

Enemies:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2971&pictureid=42014
[/SPOILER-BOX]

I do wonder what they'll give us for Luther, if they keep with the past trend of giving us weapons. He didn't have one in that one story quest, if I remember correctly.

Anduril
Apr 2, 2016, 01:40 AM
They are probably going to make a Talis (since that is what Angel uses) with a motif similar to Void Recorder.

JCry
Apr 2, 2016, 02:11 AM
the spoilers are empty for me

Sizustar
Apr 2, 2016, 02:13 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ce9DcwhVIAA8X-u.jpg

Xaeris
Apr 2, 2016, 02:13 AM
You can see them directly on the site, assuming you don't need a proxy.

http://pso2.jp/players/event/pso15anniversary/charavote/

Touka
Apr 2, 2016, 02:33 AM
Persona got second for both genders*facepalm*

SteveCZ
Apr 2, 2016, 02:47 AM
Put Gene there and she'll win for sure. lol

Cadfael
Apr 2, 2016, 06:44 AM
Always wondered what people have against Marlu....

D-Inferno
Apr 2, 2016, 08:56 AM
These polls are bad because you can vote multiple times (once per day), so the winners are based on how obsessed voters were to keep revisiting the page (I bet most people voted once and thats it). Plus you only vote for 1 out of ~20 options which can result in some "LFF" (Leech Fanbase Factor, old GameFAQS term for their 3/4-way character/game battle).

I'm guessing PD winning will just give us an "Austere Mag", though I'm expecting Invade colors.

loafhero
Apr 2, 2016, 09:00 AM
I really wish we could get a translation on what the characters were saying in their respective speech boxes.

Anyway, I'm pretty pleased with the results.

Surprised that Sara had less votes than Echo, though. Sure, their both tsunderes and Echo is more of a tsundere than Sara but I honestly thought Sara deserved a better spot since she's far more useful and relevant to the plot.

Weiss9029
Apr 2, 2016, 09:16 AM
I really wish we could get a translation on what the characters were saying in their respective speech boxes.

Anyway, I'm pretty pleased with the results.

Surprised that Sara had less votes than Echo, though. Sure, their both tsunderes and Echo is more of a tsundere than Sara but I honestly thought Sara deserved a better spot since she's far more useful and relevant to the plot.
Sara lost to echo? wtf

loafhero
Apr 2, 2016, 09:28 AM
Persona got second for both genders*facepalm*

I like that Persona got in the Top 3 for both genders considering who Persona really is :-D

starwind75043
Apr 2, 2016, 09:46 AM
Hopefully Sega will finally give us Matois outfit

Z-0
Apr 2, 2016, 09:48 AM
Persona's position has nothing to do with popularity, it's rigging by 2ch.

TaigaUC
Apr 2, 2016, 10:52 AM
Yes, online polls can be manipulated in so many ways.
Should always take such results with a grain of salt.

Zyrusticae
Apr 2, 2016, 12:23 PM
I'll do a few. But only a few.

Matoi: "Huh, what? I am... in first place? .... This is truly a blessing for me. Really, truly... thank you." (below) "My feelings have not changed. Just being with you is enough."

Quna: "There isn't much to say here. It was thanks to everyone's support that I made it this far... thank you." (below) "Surprised? As we are companions, there is nothing wrong with this state."

Persona (F): "I was forced into this, thus this situation has no meaning to me. However... if this makes her smile, I suppose I can say there is meaning in that." (below) "I have nothing to say. Just do as you will."
Persona (M): "My existence here has no meaning. You bastards already know my wish. Secure her happiness..." (below) "This seems... inappropriate. I have nothing to say."

Luther: "Didn't I call it? Didn't have to look too far ahead to see this result. When the solution has been changed, struggling is futile." (below) "General elections... How meaningless. My landing in first place is self-evident even without the benefit of omniscience." (Could this guy be any more full of himself?)

Huey: "Everyone's support reverberates within my heart! Such zeal surpasses first place! Thank you, everybody! Thank you!" (below) "Previous first place winner! But you can never let your guard down. Everyone, please continue your support!"

Eucrita: "Doing this behind the scenes in the fight against Darkers... There's room for that too."

Io: "Like I said, just participating like this is good enough... Geeze!"

And that's all for now. Maybe if I'm bored enough later.

Tenlade
Apr 2, 2016, 02:18 PM
These polls are bad because you can vote multiple times (once per day), so the winners are based on how obsessed voters were to keep revisiting the page (I bet most people voted once and thats it). Plus you only vote for 1 out of ~20 options which can result in some "LFF" (Leech Fanbase Factor, old GameFAQS term for their 3/4-way character/game battle).

I'm guessing PD winning will just give us an "Austere Mag", though I'm expecting Invade colors.
The goal of these isnt to actually rank the characters and see how much people like them, its to find what the whales obsesses the most about and are willing to vote in these polls every day to support. Keeping them happy is what's profitable.

Kondibon
Apr 2, 2016, 03:20 PM
The goal of these isnt to actually rank the characters and see how much people like them, its to find what the whales obsesses the most about and are willing to vote in these polls every day to support. Keeping them happy is what's profitable.But voting is free...

Tenlade
Apr 2, 2016, 04:37 PM
But voting is free...

im going to bet there's going to be a slight corrolation between "cares enough about the game to vote for thier character every single day they can " and "cares enough to buy ac". propably not 1:1 but enough to notice.

Azure Falcon
Apr 2, 2016, 05:26 PM
Hopefully Sega will finally give us Matois outfit

That'll probably just be a scratch release as usual, although going by the Matoi Kuji prize figures that just came out it seems they'll be splitting it into layer wear.

Xaeris
Apr 2, 2016, 09:20 PM
Eesh, why is M Persona so much meaner than F Persona? I kinda wonder what they would have had them say if they had been voted first and Matoi second (or worse).

On a sidenote, what's up with Luther's popularity? Episode 2 was a while ago and he only showed up briefly in Episode 3, yet I see his character clones everywhere (and often inexplicably roided out).

loafhero
Apr 2, 2016, 11:03 PM
Thank you so much for the translations Zyrusticae ^^

On a sidenote, what's up with Luther's popularity? Episode 2 was a while ago and he only showed up briefly in Episode 3, yet I see his character clones everywhere (and often inexplicably roided out).

I think its cause people find his ego to be rather charming and entertaining and its why they see him as a memorable villain in the story.

loafhero
Apr 3, 2016, 03:00 AM
And for a culture that humbles themselves into self-depreciation in normal everyday life, they sure do love egotistical characters.

Probably their way of venting.

D-Inferno
Apr 3, 2016, 11:52 AM
They should just have it where you vote only once for the characters directly from the game itself. Possibly have a level requirement too to prevent multivoting on alts.

Keilyn
Apr 3, 2016, 02:35 PM
I liked Matoi in the anime (her voicing), but s he is not my favorite... Quna is... and as usual I don't really care too much about the male characters. I do like that Quartz Dragon is there... that is actually one of my favorite monster designs. I always loved the way it makes a shield around itself and confuses those it hits.

I wonder how many people vote for the falz bosses hoping that more EQs are given as a measure of getting more stones for weapons....