PDA

View Full Version : Just starting the game, issues with translation?

quidamphoenix
Apr 3, 2016, 01:26 PM
As stated in title, I just followed all the Arks Layer steps and got the game running today.

Most things appear to be translated well (menus are English except for a few things), but as soon as I log in with my character into the beginning FMV sequence where you step out of the pod, the following text is still untranslated.

I assume this falls under the story category and didn't want to proceed further until I figured out what was up.

Could the story patch have failed? I notice that the into cinematic to the game also has subtitles still in Japanese also...

Thanks for any input!

Sirius-91
Apr 3, 2016, 01:31 PM
As stated in title, I just followed all the Arks Layer steps and got the game running today.

Most things appear to be translated well (menus are English except for a few things), but as soon as I log in with my character into the beginning FMV sequence where you step out of the pod, the following text is still untranslated.

I assume this falls under the story category and didn't want to proceed further until I figured out what was up.

Could the story patch have failed? I notice that the into cinematic to the game also has subtitles still in Japanese also...

Thanks for any input!

You're on Episode 4.

It recently came out this year, so expect some delays as we haven't taken a crack at it yet.

quidamphoenix
Apr 3, 2016, 01:33 PM
Oh thanks! I didn't realise there was a choice... I'll see if I can toggle to Episode 1 somehow haha.

quidamphoenix
Apr 3, 2016, 01:40 PM
Not having any luck with that... hmm... there must be something I'm not seeing. I expected when starting the game at the beginning that you would start at the first episode?

Weiss9029
Apr 3, 2016, 01:48 PM
Not having any luck with that... hmm... there must be something I'm not seeing. I expected when starting the game at the beginning that you would start at the first episode?
No, you are forced to play episode 4, and you have to play some of the episode 4 story board in order to get the episode 1-3 matterboards unlocked, sega is stupid

Anduril
Apr 3, 2016, 01:55 PM
No, you are forced to play episode 4, and you have to play some of the episode 4 story board in order to get the episode 1-3 matterboards unlocked, sega is stupid
I wouldn't say they are stupid, so much as they are trying to promote the newer content. The way I see it, they have restructured the game so that we know what we need to know about Ep.1-3 through the new intro and some Storyboard nodes thus allowing Ep.4 to be standalone; Ep.1-3 is now a prequel that isn't needed, but can still be played and can provide a deeper understanding of past events. Kinda like how you can play Majora's Mask without needing to play Ocarina of Time, but going back to play Ocarina will give you a better understanding of some of the things in Majora.

quidamphoenix
Apr 3, 2016, 01:57 PM
Alright. Hopefully it's fairly intuitive and not too lengthy to get to the older episodes :)

Anduril
Apr 3, 2016, 01:58 PM
Alright. Hopefully it's fairly intuitive and not too lengthy to get to the older episodes :)
Once you get to a certain Storyboard node, you can switch back to Ep.1-3 from the Character Select screen.

quidamphoenix
Apr 4, 2016, 07:33 PM
Once you get to a certain Storyboard node, you can switch back to Ep.1-3 from the Character Select screen.

I've finished the first couple nodes and done a few other quests. When I go to the cabin and talk to the NPC there, I expected that I could select the next node and continue along until I unlock the ability to play the older episodes.

For some reason, I cannot begin the third node. Is there a level requirement or something else that you remember? I can figure out most of the game systems from familiarity with MMOs but I'm stumped on what to do here...

Macman
Apr 4, 2016, 07:57 PM
Running from shoddy memory here, I think you need to clear the Forest field quest to continue on the board. You might already be able to relog and choose ep1-3 on the character select, though. I recall it not needing much progress.

quidamphoenix
Apr 4, 2016, 08:14 PM
Running from shoddy memory here, I think you need to clear the Forest field quest to continue on the board. You might already be able to relog and choose ep1-3 on the character select, though. I recall it not needing much progress.

Alright, I'll poke around some more. It'll probably seem stupidly simple once I figure it out...

quidamphoenix
Apr 4, 2016, 08:16 PM
Hmm, well I can't select it from the character screen yet. The orange block says Ep. 4 but there's nothing under additional options. I'll look around for some more quests and see if I can find what you're referring to. The only two quests besides the beginning of the game that I've done are random ARK hunting quests...

Macman
Apr 4, 2016, 08:19 PM
Can you give the coordinates of the node?

The third node, with the waving Sierra icon? You need to clear forest exploration to clear that node.

quidamphoenix
Apr 4, 2016, 08:25 PM
Can you give the coordinates of the node?

The third node, with the waving Sierra icon? You need to clear forest exploration to clear that node.

That's definitely the one. Is Forest exploration a quest? I'm not sure how to go about doing it... hah, man, I feel so new with the language barrier!

Macman
Apr 4, 2016, 08:28 PM
You have to clear a couple Arks Quests in forest and then talk to Koffie in the lobby, she'll have a client order (think like classic MMO quests, good source of EXP) that requires you to find a couple data quest items off natives and clear the remaining forest Arks Quests. Once you clear that, then you unlock the first "Free Field" quest Forest Exploration.

Clear that and you'll clear the node.

Koffie is the administrator sitting by the eastern quest counter.

If you're on ship 2 right now I can tour you around, what's your character or playerID name?

quidamphoenix
Apr 4, 2016, 08:32 PM
You have to clear a couple Arks Quests in forest and then talk to Koffie in the lobby, she'll have a client order (think like classic MMO quests, good source of EXP) that requires you to find a couple data quest items off natives and clear the remaining forest Arks Quests. Once you clear that, then you unlock the first "Free Field" quest Forest Exploration.

Clear that and you'll clear the node.

Koffie is the administrator sitting by the eastern quest counter.

Thanks, so I'm in the right direction with doing a couple of the Forest ARK quests. I guess I joined at an unfortunate time where going through the untranslated section of EP 4 is a requirement :).

On the topic of translation (didn't feel starting a new thread was worth it just for this), but some items like Area Map/Character names on the map, and much of the generic NPC chatter is untranslated. Along with most tutorial windows explaining game mechanics. Is that normal? For example, talking to NPCs that cannot provide me with anything currently other than conversation.

Either way, thanks, this has put me on the right path!

quidamphoenix
Apr 4, 2016, 08:43 PM
And I just discovered that smartphone translation through Google Translate app and the camera is awesome....

Makillda
Apr 5, 2016, 05:33 AM
And I just discovered that smartphone translation through Google Translate app and the camera is awesome....

You, sir, are a genius! I never thought of that.

Dragwind
Apr 7, 2016, 07:31 PM

I just hope one day they find a means to make the "instant translation" camera feature work with JP - English combo.