PDA

View Full Version : So falz apprentice never spawned.

Rainoffire
Apr 4, 2016, 09:52 AM
Just want to share the strangest and most interesting experience I just had.

During the recent TD4, apprentice did not spawn for the last wave. We were all pretty confused on what to do, and thought apprentice was going to just load in later. So at first we went and gathered about 15k of the crystals. Ended up with around 25k worth of points. Then we all decided to wait out the time, to see if we will lose or win. Apparently waiting out the time gives you an instant win, which surprised us, however we did not get the core for apprentice.

What made even more odd was the boss marker was lit on the map, even at the end of the quest, but no apprentice in sight. Thought it was just another bug. Then when half of us left the MPA, that was when apprentice finally loaded in.

There was only four of us left, and there is no way we would be able to take on XH without AIS.

Some of the other players did a recording, and posted up on twitter. I took a bunch of screenshots, but they are all on my Vita, so I will upload them at a later time.

Did anyone else experience something similar before?

TaigaUC
Apr 4, 2016, 09:55 AM
I've had similar antics happen in TD3 before.
A JP friend told me that it's very likely because the area host was lagging.
That's the person who loads into the area first.

If I recall correctly, if that person gets disconnected, it gets passed to the person who loaded second.
I guess if that person happens to get hit by a lag spike or disconnected just as a boss is supposed to spawn, the spawn might be delayed?

Meteor Weapon
Apr 4, 2016, 09:58 AM
oh wow never thought the first one being in the MPA holds the responsibility to effect the ping of an entire MPA lol.

Rainoffire
Apr 4, 2016, 10:09 AM
oh wow never thought the first one being in the MPA holds the responsibility to effect the ping of an entire MPA lol.

Never realize that either. Guess that is the reason why sometimes Magatsu lags when walking, and skips a good distance away, messing up everyone.

Loveless62
Apr 4, 2016, 10:59 AM
There was a Progeny EQ during boost week in which there was some lag experienced server-wide. The lag was so bad that it was affecting Double's and PD's movesets, and they were doing some things that were really bizarre. For example, in the MPA I was in PD actually flew UNDER the shuttle during his big damage flyby (it made it very difficult to dodge lol).

Magatsu lag ninja steps are common enough as to not be remarkable. A long time ago, I did a Magatsu run that was so badly affected that he didn't respond properly to his knee breaks and to the calamity arrow freeze. It was so long ago, though, that I don't remember the specifics. I wish I had recorded it.

TaigaUC
Apr 4, 2016, 11:02 AM
Magatsu teleporting seems to be more of a server thing, not sure though.
The area host updates when changing from area 1 to area 2, etc.

NephyrisX
Apr 4, 2016, 11:03 AM

During the recent TD4, apprentice did not spawn for the last wave. We were all pretty confused on what to do, and thought apprentice was going to just load in later. So at first we went and gathered about 15k of the crystals. Ended up with around 25k worth of points. Then we all decided to wait out the time, to see if we will lose or win. Apparently waiting out the time gives you an instant win, which surprised us, however we did not get the core for apprentice.

What made even more odd was the boss marker was lit on the map, even at the end of the quest, but no apprentice in sight. Thought it was just another bug. Then when half of us left the MPA, that was when apprentice finally loaded in.

There was only four of us left, and there is no way we would be able to take on XH without AIS.

Some of the other players did a recording, and posted up on twitter. I took a bunch of screenshots, but they are all on my Vita, so I will upload them at a later time.

I did, although DF Apprentice did load in minutes after the last wave started.

I blame lousy hosts and their crappy internetz.

NoobSpectre
Apr 4, 2016, 11:19 AM
Well the main point of td is getting the tower intact until time wave is over, if ever it is the last resort.

Just gonna be sucks since last wave have to wait that long. one wave usually 4 minute at most.

Loveless62
Apr 4, 2016, 11:32 AM
I found a link for a Magatsu run that shows something similar to my experience:

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0QDzSADZ4A"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0QDzSADZ4A[/SPOILER-BOX]

Edit: l2embed

Achelousaurus
Apr 4, 2016, 09:47 PM

That sounds amazing.
Also lmao at default win. Though to be fair if the quest doesn't bug out and you do take too long it's an inevitable game over.
As for similar things...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U5SjX5itfE&list=PLo_G3BW-SlKgzExtzwUy4mkgbVfUXf9V5&index=13

PS: lmao at the maggy 360.

Rainoffire
Apr 4, 2016, 11:31 PM
I have uploaded the screenshots on my imgur album
http://imgur.com/a/tcCxa#0

Zysets
Apr 5, 2016, 12:16 AM
That's pretty funny. I've never had something like that happen to me, I guess I just never had an area host with a bad connection. Never even knew about this whole host thing either.