PDA

View Full Version : The Anime characters will appear in PSO2 [04/06/2016]

Manta Oyamada
Apr 5, 2016, 12:43 AM
The Anime characters will appear in PSO2 [04/06/2016]

Promo Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE24qaBsUNE

http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psportal/pso15anniversary/animation/special/#h3Conts23

http://pso2.jp/players/update/20160309/10/

http://www.4gamer.net/games/120/G012075/20160405042/

TaigaUC
Apr 5, 2016, 12:46 AM
I wish new gameplay content appeared in PSO2.

hoangsea
Apr 5, 2016, 01:27 AM
aika with falz hair, sweet !

zegun~kun
Apr 5, 2016, 01:35 AM
what i'm thinking right now, i want Rina costume's ice file to copy the textures
huhuhuhuhuhuhuhu

NephyrisX
Apr 5, 2016, 01:45 AM
I wish Dark Falz hair colourisation is available for all hairs.

Zeroem
Apr 5, 2016, 01:58 AM
I can see why SORO and RINA would get like separate NPC. But why Itsuki got like 2 NPC? >.>

Also, is it just me or I did see Rina hair GV as one of the reward for the deluxe edition?

ArcaneTechs
Apr 5, 2016, 02:08 AM
I wish new gameplay content appeared in PSO2.
We all do, We can only hope Ep4 comes crashing sooner so Sega actually does something again aside collabs collabs collabs MOBILE CONTENT

Alma
Apr 5, 2016, 02:31 AM
I can see why SORO and RINA would get like separate NPC. But why Itsuki got like 2 NPC? >.>

Also, is it just me or I did see Rina hair GV as one of the reward for the deluxe edition?

[Set Contents]
-Software Phantasy Star Online 2 Episode 4
[Deluxe Package Bonus] *all items in DL code style printed on paper
-Costume, hair, voice, accessory, sticker set of Itsuki & RINA from TV Anime "PSO2 Animation"
All class costume: Itsuki repuka / RINA repuka
hair types: Itsuki hair GV / RINA hair GV
voices: Male common Itsuki voice B (Shota Aoi), female common RINA voice (Ayaka Suwa)
Accessory: Itsuki headgear, RINA headgear
Sticker: Itsuki sticker, RINA sticker
-Itsuki & RINA weapon camouflage pattern set
Itsuki's weapon *radiant (gunslash)
RINA's weapon *flayfiora (twin machine gun)
-Rappy egg 10star x1
-Music disc "PSO2 main theme Ver.5" x1
-Premium set 30 days x1
-SG100 hokaku ticket x1
-Useful shouhi item set
FUN1000 hokaku ticket x1
Color change pass x1
Esute free pass x1
Tri boost+100% x1

Touka
Apr 5, 2016, 02:36 AM
I find it hilarious that Itsuki is on a ARKS ship when he said he couldn't go back to Oracle after the Apprentice incident.

SteveCZ
Apr 5, 2016, 03:51 AM

Cause Itsuki x Rina that's why. :D

Can't wait to get their partner cards and pair them, and enjoy their (hopefully) sweet chat. WIN (゜ー゜)

TehCubey
Apr 5, 2016, 05:18 AM
I believe I speak for everyone when I say - fuck awakened Itsuki and RINA. If I wanted more special snowflakes who are oh so unique and powerful for no reason, I'd watch Sword Art Online. Please go and stay go.

Normal Itsuki and SORO can stay, however.

SteveCZ
Apr 5, 2016, 06:26 AM
I believe I speak for everyone when I say - fuck awakened Itsuki and RINA.

Nope. :-P

gabor100
Apr 5, 2016, 06:32 AM
※Aika’s partner card will become available in late May.

2 months(almost) wait time, 2 MONTHS.

loafhero
Apr 5, 2016, 07:17 AM
I'll make it my sole duty to completely skip any ECs related to the anime characters and just leave them all to their fates.

NephyrisX
Apr 5, 2016, 07:27 AM
I find it amusing how people are up on arms about the anime characters and proudly proclaiming they are going to ditch them like it's going to make a difference.
http://gifsec.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/05/Barack-Obama-Confused-gif.gif?gs=a

Meteor Weapon
Apr 5, 2016, 07:37 AM
maybe segac makes a record on what EC's players most likely abandon or complete it....or not <:3

Zeroem
Apr 5, 2016, 07:42 AM
I'll make it my sole duty to completely skip any ECs related to the anime characters and just leave them all to their fates.
Wow. That amount of hate is dark side-worthy.
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/881/493/47d.jpg

loafhero
Apr 5, 2016, 08:13 AM
I find it amusing how people are up on arms about the anime characters and proudly proclaiming they are going to ditch them like it's going to make a difference.
http://gifsec.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/05/Barack-Obama-Confused-gif.gif?gs=a

Its not about making a difference. Its about personal pride and standards, dammit!

Wow. That amount of hate is dark side-worthy.
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/881/493/47d.jpgThe anime itself is dark side worthy.

... But in all fairness, I do like SORO being a guest character cause he's pretty cool... so there's that.

Vintasticvin
Apr 5, 2016, 10:13 AM
Its not about making a difference. Its about personal pride and standards, dammit!

The anime itself is dark side worthy.

... But in all fairness, I do like SORO being a guest character cause he's pretty cool... so there's that.

Bro to bros I think you uad a bit too much Hatersde abd should probably lay off it for a bit.

@Topic: I approve and smiling about this. Soro is Bancho Big Boss and the Itsuki x Rina pair is disgustingly cute and adorable <3 Looking forward to them finally admitting their feelings for each other. Aika is that cool strange weirdo from another planet

loafhero
Apr 5, 2016, 10:35 AM
Looking forward to them finally admitting their feelings for each other.

There has never been any two characters of potential romance within the game's story to have admitted their love for each other. Not even Ulc and Theo refer to themselves or are referred to as lovers. Itsuki and Rina, or any other potential ships in the game, becoming an official couple has as much of a chance of coming true as PSO2 getting a Western release.

... but it would be DAMN entertaining if Itsuki and Rina confess to each other... Online... while Rina is using her SORO character :-D

Aika is that cool strange weirdo from another planet

A "cool" strange weirdo who despite being a terrible spy with no sense of stealth or subtlety never gets her true identity discovered except by the MC, somehow gains a group of loving friends despite having no social skills and constantly skipping any opportunity to hang out with them, and uses an inherently silly class and its outfit that contrasts severely with her ultra-serious personality.

All of these traits of hers would've been perfectly fine if the anime was a lot more self-aware or at least had a good tsukkomi character that constantly points out the absurd inconsistency of Aika's character.

the_importer_
Apr 5, 2016, 11:13 AM
Guess this will server as the sequel to the Anime.

Vintasticvin
Apr 5, 2016, 11:53 AM
Stabilty test SUCCESS! The dark side of the force hasn't consumed loafhero xD

[Ayumi]
Apr 5, 2016, 04:50 PM
Wonderful. Content I will have 0 interest in.

Meteor Weapon
Apr 5, 2016, 10:01 PM
A "cool" strange weirdo who despite being a terrible spy with no sense of stealth or subtlety never gets her true identity discovered except by the MC, somehow gains a group of loving friends despite having no social skills and constantly skipping any opportunity to hang out with them, and uses an inherently silly class and its outfit that contrasts severely with her ultra-serious personality.

All of these traits of hers would've been perfectly fine if the anime was a lot more self-aware or at least had a good tsukkomi character that constantly points out the absurd inconsistency of Aika's character.

Well...she doesn't even know what a guy's dick look like and not even feel embarrassed looking at it...so....yh...

The Walrus
Apr 5, 2016, 10:36 PM
wait, so people are mad about anime characters joining the game despite pso2 already being basically an anime?

or did i misunderstand the thread

wefwq
Apr 5, 2016, 10:44 PM
So, what class will Itsuki going to be, GS/HU?

loafhero
Apr 5, 2016, 10:59 PM
wait, so people are mad about anime characters joining the game despite pso2 already being basically an anime?

or did i misunderstand the thread

No, I'm mad about these specific PSO2 anime characters that were so boring and poorly written, even by the game's standards of writing quality, being added into the game's content. Not to mention the atrociously bad final episode of the anime which has still left a bad taste in me. Its not a matter of hating anime in general (which I don't). Its a matter of hating THIS specific anime exactly because I like anime in general to begin with.

While at least Itsuki and Rina are merely guest characters not necessarily forced onto us, Aika is unfortunately a seemingly integral part to EP4's story. Still, I have noticed that the voice acting for Aika (though having only listened to few seconds of it) is significantly better than it was in the anime, like as though the VA actually gave a damn so I'm a bit more hopeful that Aika will be a bit more likeable than how she was portrayed in the anime.

Madevil
Apr 5, 2016, 11:12 PM
So, what class will Itsuki going to be, GS/HU?

special class for him: gunslash master

trigger happy overend whacking with a gunslash :-P

Zeroem
Apr 5, 2016, 11:22 PM
.......While at least Itsuki and Rina are merely guest characters not necessarily forced onto us, Aika is unfortunately a seemingly integral part to EP4's story. Still, I have noticed that the voice acting for Aika (though having only listened to few seconds of it) is significantly better than it was in the anime, like as though the VA actually gave a damn so I'm a bit more hopeful that Aika will be a bit more likeable than how she was portrayed in the anime.

Well, the fault lies more in the story writer, not the seiyuu.
I'd say that M.A.O. did well in voicing stoic Aika, but there's no denying that stoicAika are the opposite of her usual voicing (which is clearly shown when you compare stoicAika to defrostedAika)

loafhero
Apr 6, 2016, 12:32 AM
Well, the fault lies more in the story writer, not the seiyuu.
I'd say that M.A.O. did well in voicing stoic Aika, but there's no denying that stoicAika are the opposite of her usual voicing (which is clearly shown when you compare stoicAika to defrostedAika)

The anime didn't really do much to convince that Aika had been "defrosted". Aika didn't really develop at all as a character in the anime. What I got was that defrostedAika is the Aika we've seen in the anime from the start.

Was she depicted as a strict to orders kind of person in the first place? No, cause she disobeyed more orders from the start than actually obeying them. Was she an emotionally distant person from the start? No, she clearly cares about people, especially her comrades, and doesn't bother to hide this either.

Zeroem
Apr 6, 2016, 12:39 AM
The anime didn't really do much to convince that Aika had been "defrosted". Aika didn't really develop at all as a character in the anime. What I got was that defrostedAika is the Aika we've seen in the anime from the start.

Was she depicted as a strict to orders kind of person in the first place? No, cause she disobeyed more orders from the start than actually obeying them. Was she an emotionally distant person from the start? No, she clearly cares about people, especially her comrades, and doesn't bother to hide this either.

The defrosted part is really subtle and most likely un-noticeable. Her voice get slightly more emotions on it from episode 8 onwards........But I think in general, at least you understand that Aika's somewhat poor characterization are the anime writer's fault, not the seiyuu.

Also, side topic, turn down the hate level dude. It's getting ridiculous at this point.

loafhero
Apr 6, 2016, 02:20 AM
The defrosted part is really subtle and most likely un-noticeable. Her voice get slightly more emotions on it from episode 8 onwards

If its unnoticeable, its not subtle at all because even subtlety should be easily noticeable. I've noticed no change of her voice or personality from Episode 8 onwards.

... but yes. I'm not hating on the VA. Its really the fault of either the director or writer of the anime that Aika came off as an incredibly dull character.

In short, the anime sucks. It fails to attract newcomers, its a terrible service to longtime fans of the game, and fails miserably as a bridging point for EP4's story.

I wouldn't be hating on the anime so much if I didn't like PSO2 or anime in general to begin with.

Also, side topic, turn down the hate level dude. It's getting ridiculous at this point.
Oh, come on. Its not like me hating on the anime is any worse than all the hate towards the actual game that usually occurs in this forum. At least I'm not saying anything bad about the game.

NephyrisX
Apr 6, 2016, 04:03 AM
Honestly, my opinion of the forums here is that it is one giant Circle of Being Perpetually Offended.

At this point of time, I feel like people are making mountains out of molehills.

Vatallus
Apr 6, 2016, 04:13 AM
The anime is so awful you have to watch it just to see how bad the next episode is. That said... I'm disliking Episode 4 in general. I'm ready for Episode 5, assuming we even still have a game when Episode 4 ends.

Don't get me wrong, I love Phantasy Star. But yesh, they weren't kidding when they said "Rebirth".

Zysets
Apr 6, 2016, 10:49 AM
... but it would be DAMN entertaining if Itsuki and Rina confess to each other... Online... while Rina is using her SORO character :-D

I'd confess to SORO
SORO can carry me on his shoulder during our wedding.