PDA

View Full Version : What's your priority level for Mining base airships

JCry
Apr 5, 2016, 01:42 AM
I frankly get annoyed when people in SH/XH Despair scream "Get the airships" or "Gunships!" in all chat because it doesn't appose a threat to me on any class I've brought there. I Know a lot of people play Mining base now since Orbits so what do you think? I Just believe It's a waste for AIS to airship when he can be mobbing/aggro.

final_attack
Apr 5, 2016, 01:47 AM
Depends on the mpa, I guess ......

If I see a direct line between the airship and a group of players cross a tower, I'd take it down (should the mpa is good enough to hold, at least).
Though I usually play as GuRa, I can also took it down with Rifle ....

Or should the airship targeting me ..... I'd also took it down. Machinegun spam is painful if I want to maintain PerfectKeeper ._.

Xaeris
Apr 5, 2016, 01:51 AM
Fairly high. A gunship rarely ever kills me on foot (damn Fomelgion...), but having to gtfo the way at the wrong time has cost me prime Zondeel opportunities, so when I'm in the AIS, I'll usually bring them down first thing. I'm not going to fly across the map away from an spawning swarm in Despair to do it, but if it's in the general vicinity, I'll light it up.

NephyrisX
Apr 5, 2016, 01:58 AM
High priority and equal to any boss units on the field. The Gunship interrupts attacks and could very well screw you over because someone didn't use Zondeel when they are dodging fire.

Zeroem
Apr 5, 2016, 02:09 AM
Gunship is medium to high priority. But would be best if always treated as high priority.

While those possess middle threat to bases if left alone, these gunships can decimate players on-foot with ease, crippling the defense progress in the long run. And Darkers won't relent while you're ressing people died from a-left-alone-gunship's attacks.

Besides, isn't that hard to think that people are screaming like that because they knew what those gunships capable of.
Experience is the greatest teacher, after all. And no matter how minor the threat is, it's still a threat nonetheless.

Altiea
Apr 5, 2016, 02:11 AM
Lower than Darker Particle Cannons but higher than bosses for me. A gunship isn't going to kill anyone with its attention divided, but it's annoying to have to deal with while on foot, and if it decides to target a player with a tower in the way, it might become a problem. The only reason I put it over bosses is that it only takes five seconds to kill, whereas a boss can take longer.

I Just believe It's a waste for AIS to airship when he can be mobbing/aggro.

The reason AIS are usually tasked to do it is because it's rather difficult to shoot it out of the air with either the turrets or a ground-based class. Anyone manning a turret can literally be doing anything better, and only two or three classes are even able to actually hit it. Since many others here are in general agreement that it's a high-level issue, you're probably gonna want to be rid of it the fast way rather than just sucking it up.

Petunia
Apr 5, 2016, 02:18 AM
I say high priority. As a squishy FONewearl, if an airship so much as looks at me, I'm dead. Especially if it decides to do so when I'm charging a Tech or am unable to move due to casting certain stationary Techs/Compounds.
And Fos are kinda important in TDs, imo. Once we get Fomelgion charged up we become a Mini-AIS. So being nuked mid cast can ruin a wave.

#SaveTheFOs

starwind75043
Apr 5, 2016, 03:35 AM
Pretty darn high especially if bosses around . They can take a good chunk out of a tower so leaving alone is not something I would do.

SteveCZ
Apr 5, 2016, 03:47 AM
Depends on the pub. There's a point that your mpa is well organized that the ship is the only enemy left before the wave is cleared. This mpa won't even notice there's an airship needed to be taken care of.

When your pub isn't that good, then the airship will always be there while you guys are busy with the enemy, therefore of course it'll trouble everyone. At this point it needs to be taken down.

Shinamori
Apr 5, 2016, 03:53 AM
Gunships should take high priority. Dodging while try to Fomel a line of golds isn't fun.

TheszNuts
Apr 5, 2016, 04:13 AM
I yet to see this gunships directly attacking the tower thing, usually I seen it caused because some scrub is using the tower as a shield.

Petunia
Apr 5, 2016, 05:01 AM
I don't think the airship ever directly targets towers, instead focusing on disrupting the players, but they do real a lot of Tower Damage so should be taken out quickly to avoid having the handful of idiots in your MPA screw a run over.

Z-0
Apr 5, 2016, 05:25 AM
I've never killed a gunship in TD4 because it's pointless. (actually I had no idea they even spawned for a while)

Nor TD3 either, it's better if one of the players that are collecting crystals for 7K gets its aggro and runs around.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 5, 2016, 05:31 AM
I frankly get annoyed when people in SH/XH Despair scream "Get the airships" or "Gunships!" in all chat because it doesn't appose a threat to me on any class I've brought there. I Know a lot of people play Mining base now since Orbits so what do you think? I Just believe It's a waste for AIS to airship when he can be mobbing/aggro.

subbosses/bosses/mobs of enemies > darker towers >>>>>>>>>>>> gunship

Also, I AIS on wave 3 often; the wave where you literally have no time to do anything else but wipe out the enemy if you get in the AIS.

oratank
Apr 5, 2016, 06:06 AM
tell them if they got problem with gunship do it yourself :p

TaigaUC
Apr 5, 2016, 06:17 AM
Gunship aims for people doing the most damage. So if you happen to be a good WB+Rifle user killing bosses, you're a prime target.
Gunship messes with WBers and most people on foot, and can chain stun AIS if you're unlucky, and do significant damage to towers.
If you find gunship isn't messing with you, then you are probably not doing enough damage. That has been my personal experience.
I don't know if you can intentionally take gunship hate. Never tried it. When I attack it I attack it to kill.

So... high priority. Especially if it has a WB applied to it.
Doesn't take that long to kill one. You can do it on foot if you're the right class/weapon combo.
If you're worried about towers being attacked by ground mobs, just tag them and then kill the gunship.
Do not waste laser on gunship.

It pisses me off that Symphonic Drive reaches it, and then I have to drop down to a certain height before I can do it again.
They should remove that bullshit limitation.

The above applies to TD3. I sometimes kill them in TD4 but they don't seem to pose as much of a threat.

Zeroem
Apr 5, 2016, 06:25 AM
tell them if they got problem with gunship do it yourself :p
And after that, you have 50% chance to getting black-listed by people. For being uncooperative in a team-based EQ.

The above applies to TD3. I sometimes kill them in TD4 but they don't seem to pose as much of a threat.

Gunship's threat level in TD4 are indeed slightly less (IMO) compared to TD3 because of differences between the maps. TD3 is a big map, and ressing gunship victims could bring potential threat toward your duty a.k.a. defending base. While in TD4, the range between bases are not far. So, while it's still bring potential danger to the bases, the distance people need to converse is not as far as TD3.

oratank
Apr 5, 2016, 06:52 AM
And after that, you have 50% chance to getting black-listed by people. For being uncooperative in a team-based EQ.

and you will never see them Whining about gunship ever again oh right you can black list them first so they can't annoy you anymore :D

SteveCZ
Apr 5, 2016, 06:56 AM
Lemme guess, these people screaming about the airship happens in ship 2?

Cause I never experience this at all at pub, no matter how terrible they are regarding to the airship. I'm not in ship 2.

Maybe I'm just lucky after many TD3s and 4s (especially 4, cause I even forgot there's an airship there).

Saffran
Apr 5, 2016, 07:13 AM
In TD3 they're annoying, in TD4 you may actually kill the entire wave before noticing it.

To be perfectly honest, I always think "someone take down that annoying airship" when I'm on foot (I'm Hu/Fi) but when I'm in the AIS I actually don't really care if there's an airship or not, I'm busy going all over the place to finish the wave ASAP. I do take them down when I actually notice them though.

LordKaiser
Apr 5, 2016, 02:19 PM
Gunships are a nuisance and if you're on a AIS you can take it out fast or one shot it with Satellite Cannon if you're Ra or have Ra as sub. Dead players and hurt players drinking a mate = less DPS and slower mob killing.

wefwq
Apr 5, 2016, 03:30 PM
Medium-low.
I don't bother at all until they shot fire at me multiple times to the point that it's getting too annoying.

silo1991
Apr 5, 2016, 03:43 PM
the airships always kill me as a braver or bouncer

TyroneSama
Apr 5, 2016, 03:53 PM
I can stand in gunship fire for as long as I need with no consequences, but squishier specs will get interrupted fairly quickly, so I'll take them down if there's not a prespawn that needs my attention.

Loveless62
Apr 5, 2016, 05:37 PM
Most players have to play more carefully when the airships are around, compromising their ability to deal with other threats. Having an airship overhead makes Fomelgion especially risky. Also the airships can shred towers when they are targeting players, especially if the players are not aware that the airship is present and has targeted them.

Airships should be high priority targets.

Also, the last time I died in TD4, I got hit my two missiles that didn't have a targeting circle (one when I was standing, and one when I was on the ground). So fuck airships, they need to die!

Cadfael
Apr 5, 2016, 07:04 PM
Pretty high. As a force, if I'm taking time to dodge missiles or machine gun bullets or healing myself/others, that's time I'm not spending blowing the crap out of enemies.

Keilyn
Apr 5, 2016, 07:11 PM
I wipe out Gunships when possible.

Those Gunships are responsible for killing or hurting players who have established their positions and are caught off guard. The players on foot lose DPS and are forced to divide their concentration between the ground enemies and incoming attacks. Simply going from pure offensive mode to evasive-mode actually cuts the DPS down of a player that has lost their positioning due to those gunships. Worse yet is when a boss is being fought and the gunship picks off the player at the end of an animation cycle.

Gunship under certain conditions and bugs are capable of actually hitting a player that is in knocked-down state.

pkemr4
Apr 5, 2016, 07:14 PM
if you have there aggro and your on the other side of the tower, it can inflict a fuck-ton of damage to it

Evangelion X.XX
Apr 5, 2016, 09:15 PM
I think it really depends on the MPA.

If your MPA's good and know what it's doing (which is like 90% of the time in TD3/TD4; Ship 7; having said that, you'll still get your occasional colossal-failure-of-a-MPA-Scrub from time to time if you're not lucky) and there is a constant flow of AIS usage, meaning that everyone's constantly calling out "のります/norimasu/AIS/etc." (which is also pretty much like 95% of the time in TD3/TD4; Ship 7), and the waves run smoothly and quickly, then Gunships don't pose much of a problem.

If your MPA sucks, and waves drag on forever (nobody calling out AIS, or whatever, which rarely happens these days... aside from Ship 2???) then yes, Gunships pose a significant threat.

Tunga
Apr 5, 2016, 09:29 PM
If i play RA or GU then one WB or Wb/Chain EA will end those monkey pilots quick. Any other class then meh i ignore.

[Ayumi]
Apr 5, 2016, 09:41 PM
If/When I'm in AIS, I get rid of them as I know someone would get annoyed if I didn't.
Other than that I don't bother with them as I could waste time on actual enemies (or emerald shards) than a stupid airship.

TaigaUC
Apr 5, 2016, 11:26 PM
I don't think there's any reason to not destroy a gunship when you're in AIS.
Unless you're somehow doing really poor damage and take forever to kill anything.
It should only take about ~7 seconds or so to kill an gunship.
It takes maybe 2-3 seconds to get from one tower to another dashes, and around 2 seconds to wipe out a group of enemies humping a tower.

It takes enemies maybe.. 10 seconds to spawn and then rush across the map to a tower.
If you're watching the map and planning ahead, you should be able to fit in enough time to destroy a gunship.
If something does happen while you're attacking a gunship, you can always go elsewhere and come back later.

Don't forget you can use the ice bomb to freeze enemies and buy yourself time.
You can also shoot towers to regenerate PP. I do this constantly so that I can always dash.

I guess if I had to list AIS priorities off-hand, it'd be:

1. Damoths. A few Damoths can deal huge damage to a tower. Watch the map. If nobody's at a tower, dash over and regular shot all the Damoths.
2. Biblas Bomb. No brainer. Especially if there are walls up.
3. Infected socket Darker lasers. Try to keep track of when they spawn. If you're busy, hold off killing them until they are about to fire.
4. Decol Maluda and Falz Hunar. You don't want them to get near a tower because they will deal huge damage if they get close.
5. Packs of enemies already surrounding a tower. I cut through them with the dashing slice.
6. Infections on towers. Watch the timing for their spawn, and whether anyone is close enough to use barrier to cleanse the tower.
7. Tag bosses to keep them away from towers. Don't tag if someone else already grabbed them (on foot or AIS). Don't kite too far away in case they don't follow.
8. Walls. If you have walls intersecting, use dashing slice on the corners to hit both at once.
9. Gunship. Use missiles or the 3rd regular melee swing to kill them quickly. Should only take about 3 attacks of either.
10. Enemies at the edge of the map (ie. Solza Blardas that everybody's ignoring), enemies that are still miles away from towers.
11. Kill bosses. Pretty much the last priority. Players on foot can usually take care of bosses alone.

I know gunship priority looks low there, but the other things only take a moment to temporarily resolve and then return to the gunship.

This is probably how I see most players handle priorities while in AIS:

1. Kill bosses. They go straight for bosses and sit on them, ignoring everything else.
2. Regular enemy packs. It feels like people don't watch the map and don't notice them attacking towers for a long time.
3. Infected towers. I sometimes see AIS completely ignore them, but most people usually take them out.
4. Damoths. Sometimes I see AIS standing next to Damoths and completely ignore them.
5. Infections. I think I've seen people use lasers on infections before. Don't do that.
6. Walls. Sometimes AIS people will ignore them, but they usually clear the main ones out. Usually.
7. Enemies at the edge of the map. If these don't die, the next spawns won't appear, wasting tons of time.
8. Gunship. People tend to ignore it, and a ton of people get killed or interrupted repeatedly. You can't use the socket Photon Cannons while gunship is up.
9. Biblas Bomb. AIS people tend to think they can kill Biblas before the bomb goes off. Usually doesn't happen = dead tower.
10. Tag bosses. I rarely see people tag bosses and move on.
11. Decol Maluda. They tend to ignore its spawn completely. When two spawn at the end, I often see AIS tag just one and ignore the other next to it.

SteveCZ
Apr 5, 2016, 11:45 PM
If you're watching the map and planning ahead,

If you're watching the map and plan ahead, there won't be a need to destroy the airship. :-?

Zeroem
Apr 5, 2016, 11:55 PM
Watching the map can only do things to certain degree. Things might go down in split second.
.......Well, this line can demonstrate why some people are adamant on destroying gunship, in a sense.
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/proxy/l85hIhGApbh4c9mifymE2Ifl2Yo1DvNG_FUqi3SobZL1E6WPyf d8YbS1j8N7TscHGzD7c_usxoLs_DUq3XFfAenU8DXQosI=w384-h384-nc
Gunship is a legit threat to squishy players, that has been proven multiple times.
People are yelling about gunship for a reason. And again, minor threat is still a threat if left alone.

.......But again, the choice are back to each individual. Some don't want to take chances and opt to destroy the gunship, some don't see it as a threat and prefer to left it alone. If you can 100% sure that the gunship won't do any distraction (and victims) to the base defense operation, feel free to ignore it. Otherwise, a minor 10-15 second distractions to shot down gunship won't hurt the operation (since there're other 11 players in the map. You are not Kirito).

SteveCZ
Apr 6, 2016, 12:46 AM
.......But again, the choice are back to each individual. Some don't want to take chances and opt to destroy the gunship, some don't see it as a threat and prefer to left it alone. If you can 100% sure that the gunship won't do any distraction (and victims) to the base defense operation, feel free to ignore it. Otherwise, a minor 10-15 second distractions to shot down gunship won't hurt the operation (since there're other 11 players in the map. You are not Kirito).

This is the difference that some people don't see. It's not about chance.

The longer people handle the mobs, the longer that ship stays on that wave, the longer you will suffer, which makes you BELIEVE that ship is a threat.

The faster the MPA finishes the wave, the lesser the ship to become a threat.

Loveless62
Apr 6, 2016, 02:25 PM
This is the difference that some people don't see. It's not about chance.

The longer people handle the mobs, the longer that ship stays on that wave, the longer you will suffer, which makes you BELIEVE that ship is a threat.

The faster the MPA finishes the wave, the lesser the ship to become a threat.
You seem to be implying: "git gud".

I don't ever run in organized MPAs, I run in PUGs pretty much every time. I push myself to perform as well as I can, but I only have 1/12th control of how fast the mobs get cleared. I do not have control of the other 11/12ths. I have been in MPAs where everything gets zondeel-slam-dunked and Sat-Can-crushed super fast, and I have been in MPAs where the towers end up on the bleeding edge of going down. The safe route in general is to make sure the airships go down, so that is the route I take.

So, it seems the consensus for this discussion is:

In organized or superbly-performing PUG MPAs, ignore the airships.
In average-perorming (or worse) PUG MPAs, kill the airships.