PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 PS4 Performance?

Squal_FFVIII
Apr 5, 2016, 02:56 PM
I'm thinking of buying the delux package, but first I would like to know how the game actually performs on the console.

I have not seen any talk about the game's performance so I am very curious specially after playing PSU on the 360 which had tons of slowdowns and you have to look at the ground in order to make it go away lol.

So how does it run? Is it a solid 60fps? Does it have drops during intense parts such as PSE burst and such?

TheszNuts
Apr 5, 2016, 03:03 PM
https://twitter.com/hebituta5/status/702798721822556160

otakun
Apr 5, 2016, 03:04 PM
youtube videos or live streams from twitch are probably the only good answers you will get.

wefwq
Apr 5, 2016, 03:26 PM
Quick Questions? Come here for quick answers! (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213385)

Squal_FFVIII
Apr 5, 2016, 06:31 PM
It's kinda hard to tell with the youtube videos since they are all low quality and they run at 30fps...

TheseNutz I dont understand Japanese so I don't know what that's all about.

TheszNuts
Apr 5, 2016, 06:45 PM
It's kinda hard to tell with the youtube videos since they are all low quality and they run at 30fps...

TheseNutz I dont understand Japanese so I don't know what that's all about.

That should be enough information to imply how the ps4 will run if all youtubes are 30 fps, or like the twitter shows that the console can't even properly handle a Kuna concert which should be a relatively low demand on the console compared to say a PSE.

Z-0
Apr 5, 2016, 06:51 PM
The console can handle it fine, there was just a bug in the client that SEGA has addressed.

AlphaBlob
Apr 5, 2016, 06:53 PM
From the videos on youtube, it seem the games run 720p 30fps on the PS4. The 720p 60fps videos aren't 60fps at all, and the 1080p videos are upscaled.

Also, it seem like the PS4 version have lower graphics than the current PC graphics. Just compare the two...

PS4:
[spoiler-box]http://puu.sh/o7BtJ/2dfd624092.png[/spoiler-box]

PC:
[spoiler-box]http://puu.sh/o7BD7/4c9c23164e.png[/spoiler-box]

Keilyn
Apr 5, 2016, 07:02 PM
Maybe its a strange question to ask, but here it goes..

Outside of the Obvious, what is the benefit of players starting up on PS4 over those who have the PC games? I've come across numerous players who have said they are willing to start new accounts for the PS4 version... does that make any real sense?

TheszNuts
Apr 5, 2016, 07:04 PM
Thats not low graphics, thats what Sega calls Stage 6 or what everyone else calls the mega bright setting.

Outside of the Obvious, what is the benefit of players starting up on PS4 over those who have the PC games? I've come across numerous players who have said they are willing to start new accounts for the PS4 version... does that make any real sense?

There hasn't been anything announced on the PS4 outside shiny graphics that the Vita does not already have, which is just the PSN cats Kuro and Toro which is just added COs.

otakun
Apr 5, 2016, 07:29 PM

Pretty much it would mainly be for people who would rather play on the console then PC which I know there are quite a few players with toaster PCs. Though some people might do it for running 2 accounts at the same time.

LordKaiser
Apr 5, 2016, 08:01 PM
I will install it on my PS4 for pure convenience so in case I'm playing PS4 on my living room, I don't have to turn my PC on and go to my room just to play PSO2.

TheszNuts
Apr 5, 2016, 09:05 PM
Yeah if anything its for convenience, like having the vita around to use for the livestream EQs instead of having to fight for blocks hours beforehand saves a lot of stress.

otakun
Apr 5, 2016, 09:10 PM
Yeah if anything its for convenience, like having the vita around to use for the livestream EQs instead of having to fight for blocks hours beforehand saves a lot of stress.

But camping blocks for EQs is half the fun of the game. :D

Sara-hime
Apr 5, 2016, 09:53 PM
One poster a while back when the beta began posted a video that showed it to be 1080p at the very least.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSzRWkW9PwE

The majority of people are using the built in recording functions of the PS4 which limits output to 720p30.

Not many probably have the capabilities to record 1080p60 externally, but here's one of the only examples I could find....Elder/Loser EQ no less!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSzlmVwi8mo

otakun
Apr 5, 2016, 10:54 PM
Seems to run better then on my machine but I like having an english patch. :3

Squal_FFVIII
Apr 9, 2016, 12:43 AM
Judging by that 1080p 60fps video it seems to run pretty well. Seems to be at a solid 60 fps and no drops or stuttering.

Rainoffire
Apr 9, 2016, 10:40 AM
Judging by that 1080p 60fps video it seems to run pretty well. Seems to be at a solid 60 fps and no drops or stuttering.

There was some stuttering when I was playing the beta. I believe it was mainly the ambient occlusion that taxed the ps4 a little too much. Turning it off gave me stable 60fps gameplay. You can turn off a bunch of settings in the graphics sections to increase performance.

Most of the settings on PC side is available, I believe except for the slider to lower the shaders.

Squal_FFVIII
Apr 9, 2016, 11:40 AM
Wut? :O

You can tone down the settings on a console? That's actually very neat. Usually consoles since the dawn of time come with "fixed" settings so that's kinda weird, but neat none the less.

Rainoffire
Apr 9, 2016, 06:19 PM
Wut? :O

You can tone down the settings on a console? That's actually very neat. Usually consoles since the dawn of time come with "fixed" settings so that's kinda weird, but neat none the less.

Ye, I was turning off things like anti-aliasing, blur, some lighting settings, ambient occlusion, etc.
Most of it (all?) is just on and off really, no sliders.
I think the game is pretty much a PC port, retaining most of the PC settings, outside of those that require a game restart.
Even the little windows that I want to move or re-size require a mouse and keyboard to do it...