PDA

View Full Version : so wild easter 2016 is run capped

Flaoc
Apr 6, 2016, 11:01 AM
unless they said this would happen in advance and i missed it somewhere this is yet another incredibly dumb decision by sega.. figures since the eq is actually decent as well

edit: also scheduled only.... never mind just pay attention to see if it says quarry

Petunia
Apr 6, 2016, 11:09 AM
Well I mean you won't really be doing more than 4 runs in 30 minutes anyway. Not unless you're a bunch of optimised, overgeared players doing easier modes.

It might be to prevent MPA's suddenly dissolving at xx:29 to retry for more EXP or something?

isCasted
Apr 6, 2016, 11:16 AM
Eh, my MPA from earlier today had a room for a 5th run. 6 could be possible if it didn't lag so much.

Petunia
Apr 6, 2016, 11:20 AM
I'm more bothered by the not guaranteed Ares Stone drop.
I killed a Dio Hunar, I want my Ares Stones. I got 1 single Ares and 3 Falz stones from the first run and the next 3 didn't drop any.

TheszNuts
Apr 6, 2016, 11:21 AM
http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-hitsugi-and-als-journey-inside-the-arks-ship/

It was announced that it would be different actually.

Flaoc
Apr 6, 2016, 11:32 AM
also there is the oddity i had earlier where not every run had badges drop from the crystal.. is that a glitch or intended ._. also ares stones not dropping with 250 consistently either makes me worried

Saagonsa
Apr 6, 2016, 11:44 AM
Well I mean you won't really be doing more than 4 runs in 30 minutes anyway. Not unless you're a bunch of optimised, overgeared players doing easier modes.

It might be to prevent MPA's suddenly dissolving at xx:29 to retry for more EXP or something?

You could probably fairly easily fit 5 or 6 runs in on XH if the MPA has wb and doesn't take too long to take out the bosses. Arguably even worse than the run limit is the fact that they made it so that it won't show up with the rest of the EQs during a random Lilipa EQ.

Flaoc
Apr 6, 2016, 11:57 AM
are you telling me wild easter 2016 is scheduled only..... REALLY?

Petunia
Apr 6, 2016, 11:58 AM
... Wow. SEGA is just doing bad decisions after bad decisions.
I'd be surprised if we got an Episode 5, at this rate Episode 4 will be the death of PSO2.

cheapgunner
Apr 6, 2016, 12:06 PM
ah yis, putting more and more roadblocks to make playing this game more of a chore. Won't be surprised to see the Battlship EQ in May be one run per character w/ set scheduled times.

Why would they not lump it with Lilipa EQ notice? Nobody is really runnig Border Break nor Vardha Quests during Lillipa EQs anyway....

toragyo
Apr 6, 2016, 12:15 PM
Seems like Wild Easter isn't scheduled only, they just put it as its own area for some reason (Quarry).

So if you see Quarry coming up as the upcoming Emergency Quest, it's Easter.

Qualia
Apr 6, 2016, 12:17 PM
I feel like I'm the only one that has no issue with scheduled only EQs. It's a lot nicer to know way ahead of time instead of wasting time AFKing in blocks hoping for a random EQ. Even with EQ alerts, an hour's notice sometimes isn't enough (or I'm just too lazy to get on for 30 minutes before logging off again).

FANSean
Apr 6, 2016, 12:40 PM
It can be a problem for people whose schedules don't mesh well with the way things are scheduled. I have friends where their work schedules basically disqualify them from any EQ that's scheduled on the weekdays.

It's one of those things where it's probably reasonably set for japanese players but absolutely infuriating for western players...and well, since we're not really who Sega cares about...

Aine
Apr 6, 2016, 12:43 PM
Well we were on a 7-run pace until we hit the clear limit. As far as I know they never mentioned anything about it before the update or even in the update information today.

Really dumb shit from a design point of view because it alienates people who actually enjoy learning quests to do them better, and it negates the whole concept of character progression. What's the point in leveling your character, improving your gear, getting better if you're going to get the same results anyway?

TaigaUC
Apr 6, 2016, 12:57 PM
I think there was some kind of exploit last time?
They want to keep people on a short leash so they can dripfeed their "content" at their desired pace.

Achelousaurus
Apr 6, 2016, 01:15 PM
Well we were on a 7-run pace until we hit the clear limit. As far as I know they never mentioned anything about it before the update or even in the update information today.

Really dumb shit from a design point of view because it alienates people who actually enjoy learning quests to do them better, and it negates the whole concept of character progression. What's the point in leveling your character, improving your gear, getting better if you're going to get the same results anyway?
Yeah, one of this game's main problems is that it has a total lack of real endgame content.
Ult and AQs/XQs are the only stuff you cannot do at low levels. Ult is a farming chore, AQs are nothing but explorations with a lot of codes and outdated stones and XQs are neat but hardly qualify as challening or endgame, not to mention AQs and XQs are both just for farming as well.

Most other online rpgs have unique content only available at endgame or thereabouts.
It's no wonder that there are so many leechers and noobs when there is actually no point whatsoever to progress your character cause you can do almost everything there is in SH and there is really no motivation to get stronger just so you can do an annoying quest with super spammy enemies 20 levels later.

I like the tiered difficulties, I really prefer them to new entirely new areas that means I will never go back to earlier content cause it's a waste of time.
But that alone isn't enough, there needs to be a good reason to max your character other than numbers.

PS: easter 2016 not being part of the other lilipa eqs is bs, they are not in the same lilipa area either and wasn't last year's easter combined with them?

PPS: generally no drops but one big crystal at the end has pros and cons, I don't mind expect that stone drop rate should really not be this low.

Loveless62
Apr 6, 2016, 02:08 PM
I am not sure why they imposed a run limit on this EQ. It may be because of the guaranteed Gryphon spawn (I think it's guaranteed anyway). Sega seems fickle about their EQs when it comes to the Gryphon. I suspect that the Gryphon is also why the Harkotan TA has no drops.

Then again, they didn't have any run limit for Regiment of the Wicked during the Grand Prix, but maybe they didn't have a chance to do a 2016 update to that EQ yet.

Maybe it's them 13*s, man, they be drivin' people crazy...

EvilMag
Apr 6, 2016, 02:20 PM
What the fuck has been going on with Sega with Ep4? its like they've been going full retard...

ArcaneTechs
Apr 6, 2016, 02:37 PM
I am not sure why they imposed a run limit on this EQ. It may be because of the guaranteed Gryphon spawn (I think it's guaranteed anyway). Sega seems fickle about their EQs when it comes to the Gryphon. I suspect that the Gryphon is also why the Harkotan TA has no drops.

Then again, they didn't have any run limit for Regiment of the Wicked during the Grand Prix, but maybe they didn't have a chance to do a 2016 update to that EQ yet.

Maybe it's them 13*s, man, they be drivin' people crazy...

Gryphon isnt even relevant anymore outside ele fodder for its wep types. Havent ran this EQ yet but Dio sounds like the only thing that drops anything good and i dont even want the stones really. Run for badges is what it sounds like

Loveless62
Apr 6, 2016, 03:45 PM
But they had a limited quest that you could play 24 hours a day and get a guaranteed gal gryphon at the end. But who knows maybe they forgot they had that.
That was a level 75 gryphon. The 13* drop rates for a level 75 gryphon are much lower than for a level 80 EQ gryphon.

Of course, then what is going on with the Harkotan TA not dropping loot? The Harkotan TA will (likely) always be there. The "limited" quest, on hte other hand, while you could run it 24 hours, it was still "limited" in the sense that it was not going to be there forever.

Actually the Gryphon in the TA is probably level 70 (I can't remember) and wouldn't be able to drop 13*s anyway. Maybe it has to do more with the other stuff the Gryphon drops, like tons of 10* units.

Maybe I am trying too hard to figure Sega out...

Gryphon isnt even relevant anymore outside ele fodder for its wep types. Havent ran this EQ yet but Dio sounds like the only thing that drops anything good and i dont even want the stones really. Run for badges is what it sounds like
I kind of feel the same way about Gal Weapons at this point, but I'm not sure Sega has caught on yet. During the Maximum Attack and the Gryphon EQs last year, there seemed to be quite a frenzy around the Gryphon weapons, so maybe Sega is being cautious about that.

I was just speculating with a theory anyways.

Petunia
Apr 6, 2016, 03:50 PM
I couldn't care less about the Gryphon, just gimmie my Ares Stones.
:c

Xion14Blade
Apr 6, 2016, 04:00 PM
2016, is Gryphon really still relevant SEGA?

un1t27
Apr 6, 2016, 04:05 PM
2016, is Gryphon really still relevant SEGA?

It has nothing to do with Gryphon.

Evangelion X.XX
Apr 6, 2016, 04:12 PM
I think the only relevant weapon still worth getting from Mr. McGryphon these days is the Gal-Double-Saber 'cause of its crit-boosting potential, and it's still one of the best DS. Its good for those who don't want an Austere DS or who don't want to resort to Meteor Crudgel, for whatever reason, and need a good DS.

Shinamori
Apr 6, 2016, 04:53 PM
The rod is good for dark techs, namely NaMegid.

Tunga
Apr 6, 2016, 05:11 PM
The EQ being scheduled is no surprise looking at sega's recent track record. But limiting runs is really really stupid.

RealKillaK
Apr 6, 2016, 05:34 PM
The EQ is not schedule only lol I did it on ship 4 a few hours ago. Anyways it's probably because of the set spawns they limited the EQ (dio+gal) to stop players from getting too many items because it's "unfair". I don't care much because I will just do multiship once I clear my 4 run, this EQ is like 3-4 mins max per clear.

Raujinn
Apr 6, 2016, 05:38 PM
The EQ system is shit. The limit on it is merely a symptom.

Xaeris
Apr 6, 2016, 06:35 PM
Online games have arrived at the frustrating conclusion that it's okay to make players play on their schedule and regiment. Weekly lockouts, daily missions, scheduled events...like, a game should fall into the cracks in my schedule, not the other way around.

Shinmarizu
Apr 6, 2016, 09:45 PM
The problem with that is how quickly we adapt to their schedule because of this idea that if we don't continue to run at their pace, we will be left behind or not have enough of one or more of a particular resource. The stone system is a perfect example of this.

As for the Gryphon issue, they are still good weapons, and they are NOT held behind a stone farming system like the weapons currently being carried around. That's at least one less wall to climb. This whole 'top-down' perspective that we all adopt when comparing weapons only further perpetuates the systems that Sega has put into place, and it causes even more frustration.

Not everyone has the time to play this game for extended amounts, nor is everyone lucky enough to have 13*s drop. Those people eventually will settle for 'good enough' or 'what's within reach.'

TaigaUC
Apr 6, 2016, 11:23 PM
There's literally nothing to do... except earn money for the next scratch.
And the ways to earn money are limited to doing TA/XQ/daily orders, selling affix fodder, buying AC or reselling old AC stuff.

Totori
Apr 7, 2016, 12:31 AM
Yep, earn money or just grind for weapons you may or not have. It's a stalemate for a veteran player. Kinda killed it for me.

Shinamori
Apr 7, 2016, 05:19 AM
Really nothing to do.

TaigaUC
Apr 7, 2016, 05:48 AM
It'd be funny if the game died out before they got around to implementing the fancy graphics.

Shinamori
Apr 7, 2016, 10:55 AM
I haven't ran FQ for almost week. Plus, with my work week, I'm just plain tired.

pkemr4
Apr 7, 2016, 05:55 PM
It'd be funny if the game died out before they got around to implementing the fancy graphics.

im already playing with the fancy graphics because of Reshade

:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

Zanverse
Apr 7, 2016, 07:21 PM

It's funny because you don't realize that pretty much every single day, there is a handfull of new players that join PSO2.

If you leave, it won't really matter because there will be others that will fill your spot in a minute. If I recall, there's almost a million active players across the servers. If 15 people quit playing because they're bored, it wouldn't even scratch the game's progress. And JP players overpower us completely in numbers, because the game wasn't even intended for Western players anyway. It won't "die out" if you stop playing. Just saying.

Shinmarizu
Apr 7, 2016, 07:44 PM
The only way for Sega to notice a demand for change is when the large majority of the playerbase causes a stir. Basically, the majority of Japan needs to get mad at something.

Sega seems to be pacifying them just fine, and attracting more to boot. Players considered as 'serious,' 'veteran' or 'hardcore' are becoming a smaller share of the total playerbase as a result.

At this point, Sega can do what it wants (within reason, and the definition of that is also up to them) - seeing a very small fraction of players leave for whatever reason will have negligible effect.

Rakurai
Apr 7, 2016, 09:44 PM
I've fallen back into my usual habit of coming online only for EQs and the daily/weekly quests now.

wefwq
Apr 7, 2016, 10:02 PM
They seem to be hate how players play their content.
So far, how i see it:

Player: If you don't run to the direction i want, i'll abandon this quest!!!
SEGA: Okay, we'll make EQ map linear.

Player: This EQ is so rad, i'll abandon at :28 in favour of getting more run, hahaha!
SEGA: Okay, we'll hold your stuff until the quest cleared.

Player: This EQ is so rad, PRO ONLY party please.
SEGA: Okay, we'll limit the run to only x times.

Player: I don't want to party with SCRUB LIKE YOU!
SEGA: (stealth-nerfing in the background)

Kondibon
Apr 7, 2016, 10:05 PM
They seem to be hate how players play their content.
So far, how i see it:

Player: If you don't run to the direction i want, i'll abandon this quest!!!
SEGA: Okay, we'll make EQ map linear.

Player: This EQ is so rad, i'll abandon at :28 in favour of getting more run, hahaha!
SEGA: Okay, we'll hold your stuff until the quest cleared.

Player: This EQ is so rad, PRO ONLY party please.
SEGA: Okay, we'll limit the run to only x times.

Player: I don't want to party with SCRUB LIKE YOU!
SEGA: (stealth-nerfing in the background)Well when you think about it, all those changes make sense, since doing all of those things caused a lot of needless tension in the community. It doesn't change how bad the EQ system is, but I wouldn't consider any of these changes bad except maybe the run limit one.

wefwq
Apr 7, 2016, 10:15 PM
Well when you think about it, all those changes make sense, since doing all of those things caused a lot of needless tension in the community. It doesn't change how bad the EQ system is, but I wouldn't consider any of these changes bad except maybe the run limit one.
I'm kinda bummed about some EQ changed into real treadmill since it's very boring, though even if they don't make it like that players themself will decide the "OPTIMIZED ROUTE" so i think it does not make any difference aside from counteract the secret-club alike practice.

I liked the teleporter on the beginning of the quest and EQ being linear though, since it make random party play being less painful and 100% chance of flavour of the month boss in the near end of the quest, so you don't have that one loner adventurer who venture to different path to spawn the boss.

TaigaUC
Apr 7, 2016, 10:56 PM
(bizarre retort based on wild assumptions)

Uhh. Nowhere in my post did I imply that the game would actually die or that I was leaving.
I'm well aware that new people are joining every day. I have a brain, you know. I'm not stupid like you seem to be implying.

I was just saying it would be funny if it died from lack of content before they got around to pumping out the graphics update, because it's been almost half a year since "Reborn" was announced/released, and it's one of the major most anticipated features of episode 4.

People sure love jumping to conclusions and belittling others for no reason.
Maybe try replying when you're not high.
Just sayin'.

Evangelion X.XX
Apr 7, 2016, 11:12 PM
I said it before and I'll say it again, "This game needs new content."

I could not care less about this generic Easter EQ. I only log on for TD3/TD4.

Man, ever since EP4 was implemented, the quality of the game went down the gutter, starting with that cancerous story, and that out-of-place Class.

Great Pan
Apr 7, 2016, 11:19 PM
This game absolutely need a PVP-like mode.

Evangelion X.XX
Apr 7, 2016, 11:24 PM
I would like very much to have a Boss Rush Time Attack Mode, or a Boss Rush Survival Mode.

And for God's Sake, lower the entrance fee to that Heaven/Hell Extreme Quest, and add more of them.

FANSean
Apr 8, 2016, 12:58 AM
Well when you think about it, all those changes make sense, since doing all of those things caused a lot of needless tension in the community. It doesn't change how bad the EQ system is, but I wouldn't consider any of these changes bad except maybe the run limit one.

Run Limit is probably going to be a necessary evil because I fully expect that when Very Extra Hard or whatever comes out, people would otherwise just stick to XH for the "Runs to Time Ratio" giving them a theoretical better chance over whatever VXH's drop rates would be until Sega manages to tweak the numbers over several weeks.

Zanverse
Apr 8, 2016, 06:30 AM
Uhh. Nowhere in my post did I imply that the game would actually die or that I was leaving.
I'm well aware that new people are joining every day. I have a brain, you know. I'm not stupid like you seem to be implying.

I was just saying it would be funny if it died from lack of content before they got around to pumping out the graphics update, because it's been almost half a year since "Reborn" was announced/released, and it's one of the major most anticipated features of episode 4.

People sure love jumping to conclusions and belittling others for no reason.
Maybe try replying when you're not high.
Just sayin'.

OH darn, you have me all figured out! I was totally under the influence when writing that... even though I've never picked up a blunt in my life.

I wasn't trying to belittle anyone. I was tired of seeing people say crap like "It'd be funny if the game died, etc." because no, it wouldn't happen, nor would it be funny. In fact, it'd be impossible for it to die before the graphics update. I was just stating a fact, not trying to hurt anyone's feelings. :wacko:

TaigaUC
Apr 8, 2016, 01:34 PM
I don't think I wrote anything about hurt feelings, either.
I'm just disappointed at the death of reading comprehension and civil communication.

It sounds like you're the one who got upset at my comment. Read my sig.
And just because it's impossible doesn't mean I can't joke about it.
Like I said, I was making fun of how long it's taking them to release a major feature of episode 4, while referencing the lack of content.

Ziel
Apr 9, 2016, 10:11 AM
even if they don't make it like that players themself will decide the "OPTIMIZED ROUTE"

I liked the teleporter on the beginning of the quest and EQ being linear though, since it make random party play being less painful and 100% chance of flavour of the month boss in the near end of the quest, so you don't have that one loner adventurer who venture to different path to spawn the boss.

When X-mas 4 popped in a few weeks back people went full tableflip/ragequit when other people (which, i assume, were new players) went other directions instead of the aforementined "OPTIMIZED ROUTE" so we have 2 options for EQs now, fling a random "8" shaped map for people to run it in a "S" pattern and quit/rage if someone else runs another route or make it a "S" with fixed rare spawns and avoid "noobs dont know the best route" scenario.

I do find the eq soimewhat fun with all the boss fights, drops are chopped tho due to crystal having a limit on #drops, we could get more ares and gold badges if gryphon and dio dropped their respective crystals but that would shorten our farming and we cant allow that, right sega?