PDA

View Full Version : Is it too late to hope pso2 releases on an xbox console?

HUcast playah
Apr 6, 2016, 07:45 PM
I've watched a bit of gameplay on twitch and youtube and I seriously want this game! It makes me very sad though because a while ago I read it was releasing on PS4. Which gave me the idea that there's a chance it could release on X1. Anyone can anyone confirm or deny that it will be coming out on X1?
Edit: Checked and my PC's gonna need a better video card than what i've got. I think it'll be worth the upgrade though.

ashley50
Apr 6, 2016, 07:47 PM
It's never gonna happen.

You can always play it on PC.

Kondibon
Apr 6, 2016, 07:47 PM
There hasn't been anything said about an xbox release. Why not just play it on PC?

HUcast playah
Apr 6, 2016, 07:50 PM
Nothing against it, just never really got into PC gaming. Honestly switching over from console may be worth it for this game as awesome as it looks ^-^

TheszNuts
Apr 6, 2016, 07:52 PM
It's ok ppl, once he realizes the PS4 version is all in Japanese they'll leave.

Kondibon
Apr 6, 2016, 07:54 PM
Nothing against it, just never really got into PC gaming. Honestly switching over from console may be worth it for this game as awesome as it looks ^-^If you have a semi-decent PC the game should run fine, and you can play with a gamepad.

Anduril
Apr 6, 2016, 08:12 PM
Yeah, it is rather easy to replicate a console experience with this game (especially if you hook up your PC to your TV). I play with an XBox One controller, and I only really go to the keyboard for chatting or searching the shop, and a wireless keyboard, like those Logitech ones with a trackpad on them, can be used for that on the couch (I used a similar setup when I played PSU on the 360).
(I am cheating a bit by using an off-brand chatpad [basically just a small wireless keyboard with a separate receiver that is attached to and gets its power through the controller] for my subpalette and a few other keys that aren't mapped to the controller)

TaigaUC
Apr 6, 2016, 11:11 PM
PSO2 is supposed to be Japan (and Asian regions) only, and I'm pretty sure that XB1 is not a popular console in Japan.
That likely significantly decreases the possibility of PSO2 being ported to XB1.

Tunga
Apr 6, 2016, 11:17 PM
You'll sooner see sega release the game to western audience on PC than on a murican console.

TaigaUC
Apr 7, 2016, 01:51 AM
Most/all XB1 games come out on PC anyway.
Even the PS4 still doesn't have many interesting exclusives.

Keilyn
Apr 7, 2016, 04:38 AM
It will not be released on Xbox simply because Japanese are loyal to their console, the PS4 for the most part. Also, the Japanese hate the fact that they dominated the console world in the 80s and then 20 - 30 years later got their ass kicked first by Microsoft in the console world, and then by Apple's Ipad in the handheld world***.

PS4 exclusivity is shit to the point that even school children know that if you want exclusivity, you buy Nintendo and be done with it. :) But as usual...when asked why I don't own a Nintendo, I simply say that my yoshi ate it. :)

..and yes, I've gotten the "my yoshi at my homework excuse" and then I asked "what color yoshi?" and the student said red, and I was like "how come you aren't burned to a crisp?"

Oh well...

***: Sony sold more PS4s than Microsoft's XboxOne, but Microsoft has the largest partnership base in the world and over 40% more developers on their side. The only places that Microsoft has less developers than Sony for their console are Japan and Korea.

Who needs crappy Japanese handhelds when almost every parent these days buys their child a $600 Smartphone with Quad Core processing and the ability to do just about anything these days? Along with far more apps and battery life and shitty handhelds?

TaigaUC
Apr 7, 2016, 05:55 AM
Japanese don't really care about dominating the console world.
The Japanese friends I've talked to think it's sad that people in the West have arguments over consoles.
It happens to some extent in Japan, but nowhere near as much as the West does.
They said it's sad that people won't experience great games because they're so loyal to whatever company's console.
After all, it's not the company that makes the games, it's individual creators.

I get the impression that Japanese people are more understanding of individual creators' roles, because so many of them create high quality stuff as a hobby.
That's not really the case in the West, where people underestimate how much work goes into art, and often attribute credit to a company or label instead of individual creators.
Western people keep saying "Capcom used to be great!" or "Blizzard used to be great!", "so I will buy their next game and hope it's good!"
...while ignoring that most or all of the people responsible for those past great works already left and moved on a long time ago.

I'm pretty sure the reason XB1 isn't popular over in Japan is because XB1 doesn't have many games they're interested in.
I know some JP people (both male and female) who like FPS and Halo.
But if you look up statistics for popular gaming genres in Japan, the genres that most Western games fall into (racing, shooters) aren't very popular.

A bunch of JP people bought XBoxes when series like Tales became exclusive to Xbox.
Then that game ended up being ported to a console they already had.
That pissed a lot of JP people off. As it should.

Ezodagrom
Apr 7, 2016, 06:35 AM
I'm pretty sure that XB1 is not a popular console in Japan.
That likely significantly decreases the possibility of PSO2 being ported to XB1.
Pretty much. XB1 lifetime sales on Japan are around 65k, that's just really bad.

(Numbers taken from a topic on neogaf about Media Create sales, though the forums DNS seems to be having issues?).
http://67.227.255.239/forum/showthread.php?p=200301158

vbetts
Apr 7, 2016, 07:11 AM
Most/all XB1 games come out on PC anyway.
Even the PS4 still doesn't have many interesting exclusives.

This is kind of the reason why I haven't bought either an Xbox or a PS4 yet. The new Uncharted looks awesome, and Halo 5 looks awesome as well. But I'm not gonna buy the consoles for one game...

On topic now, why would they? The Xbox One has a very small console base in Japan. The PS4 is killing it, with the Wii U behind it. I could see it being developed for the Wii U before the Xbox One if not having any issues with space(Yeah you can use an external hard drive, but at USB 2.0 speeds it's gonna drag).

HUcast playah
Apr 7, 2016, 06:45 PM
I personally thought Halo 5 was a great big disappointment and felt like a CoD game.

BortaMagaNFS
Apr 8, 2016, 03:18 AM
If you're into Japanese games, Xbox is the wrong place.