Can't waiting until they nerf Wind and Rind! :D

Kondibon
Apr 8, 2016, 04:11 AM
lol@that tutorial.

newpetispony

lunamaniac
Apr 8, 2016, 04:24 AM
Thanks for sharing.

That new pet isn't to my tastes at all, but it's no big deal.

No idea what that rooftop bit was all about, but oddly it's actually just what I was hoping for.

Madevil
Apr 8, 2016, 04:25 AM
the option to ease special effects is for stage 5 and below... I don't think Sega truly understand why players want to turn off those unnecessary shit...

It's not our computers can't handle the graphical process, it's those annoying effects are interfering the gameplay experience.

Anyway... I don't think I'll turn on the super mega ultra bright weird tint stage 6 setting, I'm happy with stage 5 with graphical enhancements from other program

Xaeris
Not sure what niche Rarity Twilight Sparkle is meant to fill in the SU's arsenal, but okay. Apparently, Sega doesn't think I've spent enough excubes on caramel crushers and pancakes. As for the rest of the equipment...look, I'm short on lambda grinders as it is. pls stahp. Wonder what the latent on the Tagami stuff is.

lol, sandfishing. We FFXIV now.

wefwq
So, Wanda and Gryphon had a child?
Also what's that quest with XQ stage? class-specific tutorial?

Poyonche
Apr 8, 2016, 04:27 AM
So there is a ring to load AIS Photon Particle Canon now ? (and by now I mean in 2 weeks)

Also what is that quest in sealed grounds of Harkotan ? A New bonus quest ?

Kondibon
Apr 8, 2016, 04:29 AM
I can't wait for all the MLP references.

EDIT: Butnoreally.
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/mlp/images/1/18/Princess_Luna_ID_S5E04.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/240?cb=20150422172452

No idea what that rooftop bit was all about, but oddly it's actually just what I was hoping for.It's probably just a team room. It made me realize how much I wish we could go around on the roofs in tokyo though.

Wonder what the latent on the Tagami stuff is.I hope it's something crazy like 90% damage reduction for x amount of hits when you unsheathe the weapon. 8U

Also what's that quest with XQ stage? class-specific tutorial?That's exactly what it looks like.

KazukiQZ
Apr 8, 2016, 04:30 AM
@Poyonche
No, i think SEGA speed up the charging time for AIS laser cannon.

Kondibon
Apr 8, 2016, 04:33 AM
Someone tell me what Luna's gimmick does. I: http://pso2.jp/players/update/20160420/04/

EDIT: I managed to pull the text out of the page code and dump it into google translate. Luna (I know that's not it's real name) switches between a fast high pp recovery mode and a slow powerful mode apparently.

Xaeris
Apr 8, 2016, 04:38 AM
Its real name is "Viola" I believe. We can stick with Luna though.

Kondibon
Apr 8, 2016, 04:39 AM
Violuna.

Altiea
Apr 8, 2016, 04:43 AM
No idea what that rooftop bit was all about, but oddly it's actually just what I was hoping for.

It's a Tokyo team room with a roof-hopping minigame called Balloon Collector.

I'm not quite sure why they needed to buff AIS Photon Particle Cannon. There wasn't anything wrong with it.

Empe Rappy in the next seasonal is a nice bonus. It's hard enough to get Bonus Key (Gold) as is as far as I know.

If it wasn't in the middle of the night, I might have squee'd over that Tagamikazuchi Katana.

I wonder if Viola will replace Wanda. I already have no use for Wanda as is beyond my last-ditch Pet, so if Viola is good, I'm all for it.

lunamaniac
Apr 8, 2016, 04:49 AM
It's probably just a team room. It made me realize how much I wish we could go around on the roofs in tokyo though.

It's a Tokyo team room with a roof-hopping minigame.

Thank you for your clarification. I thought it was kind of strange looking, it looks fun but I'll probably never go out of my way to see what it's actually like.

It's a pity, but oh well.

It's not surprising at all, but I feel kind of empty now. :barf:

Kondibon
Apr 8, 2016, 04:52 AM
It's not in the video, but the site has some balance stuff on it that I can't read. http://pso2.jp/players/update/20160420/12/

"launcher PA "Sphere eraser", revised upward the power, reduce the sustainable consumption PP in use. "

"In the jet boots PA "Vintojika", modified to be able to change the direction of attack by derivation. In addition, it revised upward the power of when you did not derived attack in a state in which the jet boots gear has been accumulated up to three stages."

" prolong the effect time of class skills "rapid boost"."

※ Due to each combat balance adjustment of the above, to distribute the "all skill tree initialization path" to reset the skill points of all of the skill tree in possession.
http://orig12.deviantart.net/f447/f/2016/086/b/7/undertale___temmie_gif___265x255___read_desc__by_j ustdwayne-d9hzhxa.gif

Altiea
Apr 8, 2016, 04:58 AM
It's not in the video, but the site has some balance stuff on it that I can't read. http://pso2.jp/players/update/20160420/12/

I see a lot of adjustments for Wired Lances and Partizans.

A few for Twin Daggers and Double Sabers, everything for Launchers, some sort of JA timing relax on Techs for Rod and Wand?

Some other thing for Wand Lovers, a bunch of Jet Boots PA adjustments, and Aiming Shot and Thrillsplosion are getting adjusted.

Tri-Impact Type-0 is actually getting changed, who knew?

Aine
Apr 8, 2016, 05:00 AM
The rings shown were Quick Blaster (faster AIS blaster startup), Early Rise (unknown) and Light Armor (unknown). Viola switches between a high mobility mode and a heavy hitter mode.

NephyrisX
Apr 8, 2016, 05:01 AM
For Layer Wear, is anyone wishing for Female variants of Male Layerwear? I want more pants for Female!

isCasted
Apr 8, 2016, 05:02 AM
AIS buff is unnecessary. Charge time made it more satisfying to use, and you could adjust your position more carefully before wasting that precious Photon juice. But, in the end, not a big deal. EDIT: Oh, it is from a ring... Hah, well that's fine.

New quests look pretty interesting. Limiting effect settings to stage 5 and below, however, is some absolute bollocks (even though I won't use stage 6 anyway).

TheszNuts
Apr 8, 2016, 05:08 AM
Am I the only one happy to see Sara and Claes make their EP4 entrance?

Kondibon
Apr 8, 2016, 05:09 AM
Am I the only one happy to see Sara and Claes make their EP4 entrance?I'm happy to see their new outfits. :wacko:

Altiea
Apr 8, 2016, 05:17 AM
The rings shown were Quick Blaster (faster AIS blaster startup), Early Rise (unknown) and Light Armor (unknown). Viola switches between a high mobility mode and a heavy hitter mode.

If I had to guess, I would say Early Riser speeds up your getup animation.

loafhero
Apr 8, 2016, 05:19 AM
That team room platforming minigame looks fun. Wish the next update does something fun with the speed rings from the Tokyo maps besides Rider Kicking mobs.

Great to see Clarisklays III and Sara again. My favourite part of the video. Not sure why Clarisklays III is going for the kitty girl look (though I imagine she's just trying to emulate Matoi more) but its nice to hear her having a seemingly more mature speech tone (she should be 18 now by EP4). Sara's new hairstyle looks good and I like that she's switched back to the ponytail look but I'm not entirely to fond of the colour scheme of her new outfit, though. Of course, its just the color scheme of her outfit that I'm complaining about. The overall design of her new outfit looks great. Heck, I'm just glad that they do have a completely new look compared to Io who barely changed her appearance.

Those new black and red weapons look awesome... as for the new SU pet... Eh.

Z-0
Apr 8, 2016, 05:23 AM
なお、「コレクトシート」のクールタイムリセットもSGを使って行うことができるぞ.

(Collection File will have cooldowns on it so you can't just work towards it as fast as you want, and needs Star Gems to reset the cooldown)

Xaeris
Apr 8, 2016, 05:27 AM

(Collection File will have cooldowns on it so you can't just work towards it as fast as you want, and needs Star Gems to reset the cooldown)

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/bTj6bzc.gif[/spoiler-box]

Zeroem
Apr 8, 2016, 05:27 AM
The first scratch's male layered wear is good (formal suit ftw), and the second scratch is good in general.
Eeeey Claris Claes III and Sara. And their new costumes.

No comment abot the pet, but I think it might rustle some people's jimmies.
Also, is that new tutorial? It looks better IMO.

Ew.
EW.
Just.......ew.

Kondibon
Apr 8, 2016, 05:28 AM
I wonder when they'll realize players who aren't buying AC or don't buy a lot aren't going to deal with this stuff. >_>

KazukiQZ
Apr 8, 2016, 05:31 AM
@Z-0
Ew. Btw, is it chara or account based? For the Collection File quest.

Xaelouse
Apr 8, 2016, 05:45 AM
If JB wasn't the definitive bouncer weapon, it will be now lol

Kayarine
Apr 8, 2016, 05:53 AM
@Z-0
Ew. Btw, is it chara or account based? For the Collection File quest.

装備管理官のプリンから報酬武器が設定されている「コレクトシート」を1シップにつき最大3枚まで受け取り 、「コレクトファイル」に登録可能!

This says you can take up to 3 "Collection Sheets" at a time, per ship. (Collection Sheets being the list of items you need to get in order to obtain the target/reward weapon.)

※報酬アイテムを入手したコレクトシートにはクールタイムが発生し、一定期間進めることができなくなります 。クールタイムが終われば、再度コレクトファイルに登録が可能になります。

And this says that once you obtain the reward item, its Collection Sheet will go on cooldown. Once cooldown is over, you can continue Collection File progress.

So I'm guessing the cooldown is ship-wide.

Kondibon
Apr 8, 2016, 05:57 AM
If the cool down is only once you get the main item I think that's fine for me, especially if you can have 3 at a time.

Nyansan
Apr 8, 2016, 06:09 AM
Considering that each new weapon is 20 ele and we can have 3 characters by default, I think the new system is fair. So put away those pitchforks for now. Passing judgement before we can even try the system is silly.

Shoterxx
Apr 8, 2016, 06:26 AM
Crafting has cooldowns, yet we have more Liliparium than we actually need.
Odds are, we probably won't have to bother unless it's like a weekly cooldown.

Kayarine
Apr 8, 2016, 06:34 AM
If anyone saw my previous post while I was editing it with strikethroughs, I finalized my translation after reading and re-reading the original text. \(:3」∠)_

Also another thing worth mentioning:
なお、報酬アイテムはコレクトファイル専用のものではなく、エネミーから直接ドロップすること もあるぞ!

"However, the reward items are not exclusive to Collection Files. It's also possible to obtain them through enemy drops!"

So it's like getting the current 13*s, except you hunt for weapons in a list instead of collecting stones.

SteveCZ
Apr 8, 2016, 06:38 AM
Wow hyped. Everything.
Looking forward to check out the new tagami set.
Gonna get those outfits.
Gonna tier up to 6.
Tons of rare folks in the EQ.
Gonna check those new weapons.
Gonna check how these new way of grinding and hunting.

Most of all: new combat method. Get ready to see failed MPAs due to adaptation. :wacko:
Unless it's just an alternative, not a replacement...

Kayarine
Apr 8, 2016, 06:41 AM
Most of all: new combat method. Get ready to see failed MPAs due to adaptation. :wacko:
Unless it's just an alternative, not a replacement...

The weapon palette change? Yes, it's changable in the options menu.

SteveCZ
Apr 8, 2016, 06:43 AM
The weapon palette change? Yes, it's changable in the options menu.

Okay nice 8-)

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 8, 2016, 06:54 AM
New skill rings, huh. I'm like 90% sure they won't add decent L rings for katana though. They will likely figure the two shit katana rings we have are enough -_-

yoshiblue
Apr 8, 2016, 07:09 AM
Trailer song sounds like a remix of the C-mode music. Are we expecting a new c-mode mission along the way?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 8, 2016, 07:14 AM
Trailer song sounds like a remix of the C-mode music. Are we expecting a new c-mode mission along the way?

Sounds like something we're expected to hear for the battleship. Listen to the opening they shown off some time ago.

yoshiblue
Apr 8, 2016, 07:20 AM
Hmm...

MightyHarken
Apr 8, 2016, 09:18 AM
New skill rings, huh. I'm like 90% sure they won't add decent L rings for katana though. They will likely figure the two shit katana rings we have are enough -_-

Wow you already have rings and you want more rings? how about instead worrying about ranger not getting jackshit last update?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 8, 2016, 09:20 AM
Wow you already have rings and you want more rings? how about instead worrying about ranger not getting jackshit last update?

Ras deserve NOTHING! They have yet to atone for the sin of WB!

yoshiblue
Apr 8, 2016, 09:23 AM

I wouldn't let the bratty attitude get to you.

Rakurai
Apr 8, 2016, 09:37 AM
They just keep on churning out new pets for Summoner.

Wonder if/when we'll get new PAs/techs.

wefwq
Apr 8, 2016, 09:40 AM
They just keep on churning out new pets for Summoner.

Wonder if/when we'll get new PAs/techs.
Maybe later down the road.
They have to regulary add something new for new class so they able to catch up with the rest.

Z-0
Apr 8, 2016, 09:44 AM
Makes you wonder why they can't just release a full class.

Rakurai
Apr 8, 2016, 09:44 AM
The new bonus quest with a solo Magatsu Sai fight looks fun.

Also, the Empe Rappy better have 11*+ versions of Rappy pet as potential drops. Making it just be some disposable novelty due to being stuck at 10* rarity would be lame.

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 8, 2016, 09:45 AM
What was they showing at :26 with the BO using JB?

Shoterxx
Apr 8, 2016, 09:49 AM
What was they showing at :26 with the BO using JB?

The whole 6 PA thingy in new combat mode, except JB only has 4.

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 8, 2016, 10:00 AM
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/bTj6bzc.gif[/spoiler-box]

This made my morning....thank you

Edit:

The whole 6 PA thingy in new combat mode, except JB only has 4.

OH? Neat just noticed that now that you said it. I was confused at first since as dope as juggling an oodan is....doing all that isn't practical.... (but that Sabarta into vinto though? :p )

Ezodagrom
Apr 8, 2016, 10:03 AM
They have to regulary add something new for new class so they able to catch up with the rest.
Like how they did for BO...oh...

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 8, 2016, 10:14 AM
Like how they did for BO...oh...
https://i.imgflip.com/126etu.jpg

dot_Hacker
Apr 8, 2016, 10:47 AM
New ring names from video (no descriptions given)

hunter gear save
high time keep (already out?)
short combat (already out?)
wide area heal
quick blaster
aerial rise
light armor

then after this segment
says rings to affect ais too, vague statement, i assume they mean ais specific rings like perhaps that last one.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 8, 2016, 10:56 AM
New ring names from video (no descriptions given)

hunter gear save
high time keep (already out?)
short combat (already out?)
wide area heal
quick blaster
aerial rise
light armor

then after this segment
says rings to affect ais too, vague statement, i assume they mean ais specific rings like perhaps that last one.

First 3 we already have.

Zorak000
Apr 8, 2016, 11:02 AM
all of those rings could be AIS rings though; wide area heal increases the range on the healing skill in magatsu sai/yamato, we have seen quick blaster in the trailer, then aerial rise could make an AIS faster or something while in midair (probably really good for yamato), while light armor might sacrafice max hp for something like more speed

TaigaUC
Apr 8, 2016, 11:10 AM
I laughed when I saw the new pet.

Holy crap, they added tutorial quests. Just like I was going to request.
They're probably going to screw it up though.

Bonus quest looks nice.
Not keen on Gathering filling up more inventory.

Rings that affect AIS... wtf.
Sara's new costume... wtf.

Collection files tied to seasonal events? Yuck.
I'd have wanted those Tagamikaduchi weapons to be camos.

Still no new game modes, huh.

Tunga
Apr 8, 2016, 11:49 AM
Tagami units drop with a lot of pp boosting abilities. Maybe it will be the unit to outdo saiki (pp wise).

Great Pan
Apr 8, 2016, 12:30 PM
Where's my PVP mode? C'mon SEGA, I wanna fight the other ARKS to be the Strongest ARKS in the Oracle!

wefwq
Apr 8, 2016, 12:33 PM
Why would you want PvP in client-based online game anyway?
If there's PvP, it will be like pre-nerf clone all over again.

untrustful
Apr 8, 2016, 12:48 PM
Pics of new pet pl0x

Stormwalker
Apr 8, 2016, 12:58 PM
I wonder when they'll realize players who aren't buying AC or don't buy a lot aren't going to deal with this stuff. >_>

More like, "players who do buy AC a lot are going to look at this and go, 'The hell with that!' and quit."

Seriously, timers for the collection files? No, thank you.

Zyrusticae
Apr 8, 2016, 02:59 PM
Pics of new pet pl0x
Already been posted:
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/mlp/images/1/18/Princess_Luna_ID_S5E04.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/240?cb=20150422172452

jk here you go:
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/TRzLFh9.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Zorak000
Apr 8, 2016, 04:16 PM
looks more like a winged, horned poodle than a horse

redroses
Apr 8, 2016, 04:24 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://pso2.jp/players/update/20160420/04/image/ss_04_l.jpg
[/SPOILER-BOX]
Ok, what the hell??

The new pet is ugly as sin.
And it looks even more out of place than the others, not even sure how they managed to do that.

cheapgunner
Apr 8, 2016, 07:04 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]
[/SPOILER-BOX]
Ok, what the hell??

And it looks even more out of place than the others, not even sure how they managed to do that.

Pet camos need to be a thing. Looks kinda weird with the enlarged hooves and the shiny purple aura over its back.

Zeota
Apr 8, 2016, 08:13 PM
Saw that pony and instantly thought of this dude from my XI days!
[spoiler-box]
http://i.imgur.com/PV090ov.png
[/spoiler-box]

sesiom000
Apr 8, 2016, 08:25 PM
Saw that pony and instantly thought of this dude from my XI days!
[spoiler-box]
http://i.imgur.com/PV090ov.png
[/spoiler-box]

One is badass horse another is a out of place my little pony...

Enforcer MKV
Apr 8, 2016, 09:40 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]
[/SPOILER-BOX]
Ok, what the hell??

Photons. :lol:

But anyway, I think my favorite thing about that trailer was the music. I'ma need a rip of that.

Need to figure out what it is, first....

Altiea
Apr 8, 2016, 10:40 PM
Photons. :lol:

But anyway, I think my favorite thing about that trailer was the music. I'ma need a rip of that.

Need to figure out what it is, first....

Isn't the music just an instrumental of Yamato's theme?

MightyHarken
Apr 8, 2016, 10:41 PM
Anyone knows the translations for the rings yet?

LordKaiser
Apr 8, 2016, 11:10 PM
So these new 13* that drop as silver on the field rather than multi-color are got by merging weapons?

ArcaneTechs
Apr 9, 2016, 12:32 AM
-New Demon Poodle thing (pony is basically what everyone is gonna call it) that has basically every attack the other pets already have
-W&R drop could have been a helluva lot better
-13* Jetboots again because we totally needed this as the 13* to try and shoot for in W&R
-Jetboots get buffed; still shit
-BO left in the dust still
-A very useless AIS ring

Is Sega even trying or just gave up and threw this all together?

SteveCZ
Apr 9, 2016, 12:44 AM
-Jetboots get buffed; still shit

I didn't know we can try it already. :wacko:

Xaelouse
Apr 9, 2016, 01:07 AM
There isn't much that needs to be changed about BO besides a PA or two to cover up a specific weakness (and not cannibalize other PAs usefulness, I think some people just want something new and stupid to spam like guren/shunka). I think something needs to be addressed about the overall usefulness of the field skills still, since that's supposed to be the defining aspect that separates BO from other melee classes. After this update, jet boots will be fine though. The new weapon palette change will also make rainbow melee weapons much easier to manage.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 9, 2016, 02:38 AM
That does remind me; another update, another missed opportunity to make a mainclass skill that ups the damage of those affected by Bo fields by 10%/auto-apply shifta and deband, and some break SD fixes. Go SEGA. Amazing how the skill tree is still so poorly designed.

Kondibon
Apr 9, 2016, 03:54 AM
I'd honestly prefer to see the fields changed entirely make crit field a damage increase field with the crit as an extra thing (like stances), and get rid of the element requirement for the pp field. I can see why you'd want something like that to be main class only, but I'd prefer if the fields were actually useful for anything other than niche builds on their own.

I do agree that Bo needs a good main class skill though.

wefwq
Apr 9, 2016, 04:02 AM
So these new 13* that drop as silver on the field rather than multi-color are got by merging weapons?
They're "forced drop" from the new weapon collection file system.
Once your progress reach 100%, you'll getting the weapon as drop though the weapon able to drop as the usual enemy drop as well, pretty much almost the same as old matterboard system but more glorified and gated with cooldown thing.

ArcaneTechs
Apr 9, 2016, 10:13 AM
There isn't much that needs to be changed about BO besides a PA or two to cover up a specific weakness (and not cannibalize other PAs usefulness, I think some people just want something new and stupid to spam like guren/shunka). I think something needs to be addressed about the overall usefulness of the field skills still, since that's supposed to be the defining aspect that separates BO from other melee classes. After this update, jet boots will be fine though. The new weapon palette change will also make rainbow melee weapons much easier to manage.

I didn't know we can try it already. :wacko:
Bouncers:
- Jet boots normal/step attack receives shorter hit stop
- JB receives faster tech JA timing
- JBPA strike gust has shorter charge time; weapon action will kick enemies downward (?) and can be step cancelled
- JBPA gran wave can be step cancelled
- JBPA wind jika's weapon action kick can switch direction and power up when used with 1/2 gear level
- Skill rapid boost has increased effect time

Tell me how any of this is a game changer for Jetboots because it sounds exactly the same as it is now just faster, theres no damage boosts, theres no new PA's, theres absolutely nothing outside a DPS increase (which even then isn't much) for JB's and I'm just going to assume the new thing will be Strike Gust+Vinto spam on a non-mobile boss which again, situational.

Tell me how these buffs suddenly make JB's "better" versus a class skill "re-haul" (maybe not all of it). The new weapon pallete is helpful ya but is everyone really going to back to BO/FI (if not already maining it) to get the most of out Pa Tech Arts Skill? doubtful

Sorry but I don't see one of the bottom tier weapon types suddenly shooting up high on the list from a slight speed increase but please tell me what I'm missing here, I don't believe this buff really helped JB's much

Xaelouse
Apr 9, 2016, 10:55 AM
Strike Gust's charge time outside RB was one of the biggest issues with the weapon. There shouldn't still be such a thing as 1 second charge PAs on a non-HU melee weapon these days, especially on a class that's supposed to be very mobile.
Also I'm not sure what you're expecting out of one melee weapon. Vinto is about as situational as any other heavy hitter in its league, in which you need to read a boss's movements to land it often.

Ziel
Apr 9, 2016, 11:01 AM
lol, sandfishing. We FFXIV now.

Monster Hunter would like to remind you of its landsharks (http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Cephalos), Sand fishes (http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Delex) and Sand piranha/blowfishes (http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Nibelsnarf)

Wish the tutorial included a "pls affix this unit until 3 slot in this sandbox dudu simulation, dont worry about money or fodder, we will provide them" and you couldnt continue to play (maybe part of level cap CO?) until you clear this quest for coffie.

At least the tutorial is teaching how to JA, Guard and JG, guess evade also will be in there.

King Chim-Chim Rappy will show up in more quests now, well outside gold tickets spawn is nice.

I knew they would pull these mobage shits with these gems.

At least you have rings... -Ra life (´・ω・`)

Will the new magatsu bonus quest require gold keys or they will release "Bonus key [Platinum]" or some sort of new key?

wefwq
Apr 9, 2016, 12:24 PM
Cephalos and Cephadrome are the shit, i'll never forget chasing them around on big area while they play gran turismo sand edition.

Z-0
Apr 9, 2016, 12:45 PM
Will the new magatsu bonus quest require gold keys or they will release "Bonus key [Platinum]" or some sort of new key?
New Key of course, the current ones are called "Tokyo Bonus Key [Rating]".

TaigaUC
Apr 9, 2016, 01:44 PM
Star Gems sound like the worst thing ever.

untrustful
Apr 9, 2016, 02:34 PM
It sounds very mobile gaming currency.

Shinamori
Apr 9, 2016, 05:58 PM
Funny thing is, I've read articles that developers will lead toward a "Mobile gaming" style market.

Lvl200Mag
Apr 9, 2016, 06:13 PM
Funny thing is, I've read articles that developers will lead toward a "Mobile gaming" style market.

Any links? Would be interested to read them.

Nyansan
Apr 9, 2016, 08:14 PM
Any links? Would be interested to read them.

Gamasutra has quite a few articles with the topic, I believe

Achelousaurus
Apr 10, 2016, 12:25 AM
They're "forced drop" from the new weapon collection file system.
Once your progress reach 100%, you'll getting the weapon as drop though the weapon able to drop as the usual enemy drop as well, pretty much almost the same as old matterboard system but more glorified and gated with cooldown thing.
Whoa, awesome.
Thought we'd have to hunt for them but 100% drop rate is great. CD doesn't matter if all you gotta do is kill the enemy a bunch of times.
...of course unless abysmal rates like kill Deo Hunar 12,603 times and only the first 3 per day count.

AIS beam desperately needs the speedboost tho, in the time between starting the animation and actually doing damage TD towers can fall and Magatsu can hop out of range 3 times.
...but making it a ring is Sega levels of retarded.

That new bonus quest looks awesome.
Star gems can be used for gathering and pets? Why can you get a star gem from an layered outer wear?

PS: the Tagami stuff looks amazing.

TaigaUC
Apr 10, 2016, 12:44 AM
I don't really have a problem with AIS beam.
If a tower is so close to being destroyed it's probably better to rush up and freeze and then do AOE swipe.
A tower should never reach that point to begin with, anyway.

Magatsu tends to teleport at certain times, so you can sorta anticipate and not use laser until you're pretty sure he's not going to move.

silo1991
Apr 10, 2016, 02:01 AM
so its going to be true , when the new grinding system comes the weapon collection data is going to reset or something like that D: , i just need to get my last fighter weapon collection title .

and how is going to affect the players which have already the weapons potentials in lvl 3

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 10, 2016, 02:20 AM
AIS beam really doesn't have to be faster. It's perfectly usable, OP spawn cleaning as is.

wefwq
Apr 10, 2016, 03:08 AM
so its going to be true , when the new grinding system comes the weapon collection data is going to reset or something like that D: , i just need to get my last fighter weapon collection title .

and how is going to affect the players which have already the weapons potentials in lvl 3
?????

Altiea
Apr 10, 2016, 03:17 AM

The weapon collection rate will not reset with this update, the NT weapons will just replace the old ones on the drop tables. The old weapons will still float around in player inventories or in the Player Shops until they're all discarded or taken.

It will not affect players with pre-existing, upgraded weapons. They will keep their old weapons, there will just be new weapons that have the new system.

[S]kyHawk
Apr 10, 2016, 04:02 AM
Looking at the rings that affect AIS, I remember that players wanted AIS customization.
Those rings looks like their half-assed attempt at making AIS "customizable". I mean, they change certain behaviors/properties of your AIS from default, right? :wacko:
Though, I would say that the good thing about this is that you can hot swap the rings mid-quest, without having return to the AIS hangar to change things.

Azure Falcon
Apr 10, 2016, 06:52 AM
That feeling when a big new update not only doesn't add a single thing that is useful to you, but adds things that negatively affect you.

Z-0
Apr 10, 2016, 06:57 AM
This is true, and SEGA themselves have said they plan to move PSO2 towards a more mobile-style game (although not directly) in one of their streams:

[spoiler-box]http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/241/1241676/pso2repo_028_cs1w1_681x455.jpg[/spoiler-box]
In short: Because of less profits on scratch, they plan to move to cooldown-based AC content to try and get more ¥¥¥.

Kondibon
Apr 10, 2016, 07:25 AM
At least they're honest about it I guess...

EDIT: Unrelated, and I dunno if anyone brought it up yet, but it seems like the particle effect options aren't limited to graphic level 5 or lower, rather it INCLUDES 5 or lower. At least according to bumped.

Z-0
Apr 10, 2016, 08:36 AM
Yes, you can also use them on setting 6. They put that footnote because they listed the effect option under the Setting 6 paragraph and didn't want it to seem like it was 6 only.

Kondibon
Apr 10, 2016, 08:43 AM
Yes, you can also use them on setting 6. They put that footnote because they listed the effect option under the Setting 6 paragraph and didn't want it to seem like it was 6 only.Oh, yeah, I figured, I was just bringing it up because some people a while back were complaining about it.

the_importer_
Apr 10, 2016, 09:13 AM
Considering that each new weapon is 20 ele and we can have 3 characters by default, I think the new system is fair. So put away those pitchforks for now. Passing judgement before we can even try the system is silly.

But doesn't the new grinding system for NT weapons also grind attribute?

wefwq
Apr 10, 2016, 09:48 AM
But doesn't the new grinding system for NT weapons also grind attribute?
You will still need weapon with same name to get your weapon to +35.
I don't really understand how it works though, like if old weapon usable as fodder or something.

AzurEnd
Apr 10, 2016, 12:01 PM
Wow that Grinded NT Weapon had just as much power as a 13 Star weapon and it wasnt even at max grind yet... Also noticed the NT weapon itself had an EXP Bar? Wonder if you can also Extend the NT weapons.
Could just imagine if they had a Red NT Weapon being able to grind and extend it up to 13 star quality lol.

IndigoNovember
Apr 10, 2016, 01:12 PM
Wonder if you can also Extend the NT weapons.

You can't.

※New-Type Weapons can not be crafted.

Tunga
Apr 10, 2016, 04:00 PM
As usual 13* katanas keep getting uglier and uglier. Good thing weapon camo exist :lol:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Tagami-Kazuchi-Weapon-B.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

SteveCZ
Apr 10, 2016, 08:13 PM
As usual 13* katanas keep getting uglier and uglier. Good thing weapon camo exist :lol:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Tagami-Kazuchi-Weapon-B.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Maybe the weapon effects could cover it. Maybe a Tagami-like epic entrance. ^^

sol_trigger
Apr 10, 2016, 09:28 PM
woa, that camo looks like shit tbh...

Kondibon
Apr 10, 2016, 09:56 PM
woa, that camo looks like shit tbh...It's a 13* not a camo.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 10, 2016, 10:11 PM
With every 13* katana released, the price of rean's katana goes up a mil :p

Should'ave invested into more than just the one for myself...

wahahaha
Apr 10, 2016, 10:35 PM
With every 13* katana released, the price of rean's katana goes up a mil :p

Should'ave invested into more than just the one for myself...

There is no need for buying katana camos right now.

http://imgur.com/a/EJoAy

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 10, 2016, 11:51 PM
Mods?

Weiss9029
Apr 11, 2016, 12:06 AM
Mods?
judging by the fact that it is from wahahaha and isnt in the zieg shop, I'd say yes

Madevil
Apr 11, 2016, 12:19 AM

have you found a way to convert her katana using in the cut-scene into a camo mod?

TheszNuts
Apr 11, 2016, 12:51 AM
have you found a way to convert her katana using in the cut-scene into a camo mod?

That's exactly what hes showing.

Madevil
Apr 11, 2016, 12:58 AM
That's exactly what hes showing.

just wondering if he could share it in the modding thread (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232819)

swapping from a weapon/camo to another weapon/camo is easy, but using an incomplete file set from cut-scene to convert is something else

wefwq
Apr 11, 2016, 01:03 AM

w o w
o
w

H O W ? ? ?
I need it, holy shit.

TheszNuts
Apr 11, 2016, 01:12 AM
just wondering if he could share it in the modding thread (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232819)

swapping from a weapon/camo to another weapon/camo is easy, but using an incomplete file set from cut-scene to convert is something else

It should be easy to do once you find the correct files. Based on what I decrypted, the weapon file exists as a complete weapon. If the weapon was incomplete the NPC would not be able to use it properly in the story mission.

Madevil
Apr 11, 2016, 02:38 AM
It should be easy to do once you find the correct files. Based on what I decrypted, the weapon file exists as a complete weapon. If the weapon was incomplete the NPC would not be able to use it properly in the story mission.

I' was looking at the wrong file, found a working one at ac900458a34186280df65153a1331dcd, many thanks~ 8-)

wefwq
Apr 11, 2016, 03:11 AM
wew, it works.

KazukiQZ
Apr 11, 2016, 05:48 AM
^Wow, nice katana camo.

Ahri
Apr 11, 2016, 09:00 AM
Great, more ring's for grind :P

[SPOILER-BOX]http://oi63.tinypic.com/116uip4.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Rakurai
Apr 12, 2016, 01:26 AM
I appreciate that we'll be able to restore gathering stamina without spending AC, as you need to do it at least once to ensure that you'll get a fever.

I'm curious as to how stingy they'll be with the keys for the new bonus quest, though.

Aine
Apr 14, 2016, 05:44 AM
Apparently there are demerits to some of the new AIS rings:

Early Rise - Faster respawn from death
Quick Blaster - Faster blaster startup but stiffer pivot when firing
Light Armor - Less PP cost for step dash but more damage taken
Wide Area Heal - Increases AIS heal radius

SteveCZ
Apr 14, 2016, 05:48 AM
Apparently there are demerits to some of the new AIS rings:

Early Rise - Faster respawn from death
Quick Blaster - Faster blaster startup but stiffer pivot when firing
Light Armor - Less PP cost for step dash but more damage taken
Wide Area Heal - Increases AIS heal radius

Pass

6 days to go guys. \o/

TaigaUC
Apr 14, 2016, 06:11 AM
Fun Times - Summon AIS on any field.

Pls.

SteveCZ
Apr 14, 2016, 06:13 AM
Fun Times - Summon AIS on any field.

Pls.

or a mothership-like EQ where it has an EC that requires us to use AIS for a while. That'd be great too. :-D

Aine
Apr 14, 2016, 06:35 AM
http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up183959.jpg

Viola's PAs are mostly the same as Wanda's (it's described as a Wanda for experts).

TaigaUC
Apr 16, 2016, 03:55 AM
That sounds ilke shit. It's exactly what I was worried about.
New pets are just going to be copies of old pets with different looks and increased stats.
Lazy as shit. Then we have to farm them and candy box them all over again.
That is not gameplay content.

Also not happy about the AIS rings.
Why the hell would a ring reduce armor on an AIS to make it move faster?
They should have just implemented an AIS customization system.
That's another big problem with PSO2. A lot of stuff isn't logically intuitive.

Watch them implement AIS customization on top of the AIS rings, a year later.