PDA

View Full Version : new to pso2!

RadiantSkyy
Apr 12, 2016, 06:25 PM
hey guys, im new to pso2, and i like it alot, kinda confused because 90pct of the game is in japanese and i cant change my resolution on my client, but meh, i enjoy it. My Name is Radiant Skyy on the 3rd ship, so hit me up!:D

Achelousaurus
Apr 12, 2016, 07:12 PM
A couple of issues.
A) sounds like you didn't get the English patches, with those it's the other way around and like 70% is English.
http://arks-layer.com/
Download the tweaker and install the patches.

B) 3 is populated by almost only Japanese players as far as I know, if you just started you migth wanna make a new character (or account) on ship 2 cause it has the by far largest English speaking community.
Alternatively ship 10 also has a reasonably sized English community but much smaller than 10.
Ship 2 also has some of the worst English speaking players, so it's up to you if you rather want a much smaller community or a bigger one with a lot of idiots running around

B) The tweaker I linked to also lets you change a bunch of things like resolution (and lets you use borderless window mode so you can alt tab at 20 Hz).

Check the Gameplay, Guides & Walkthroughs section of this forum for class explanations, builds, etc.
if you have specific questions not covered in them feel free to make a new topic in that forum.
For short questions you can use the Quick Questions thread on this forum.

Konquer
Apr 12, 2016, 07:27 PM
no point in further segregating a minority community. go ship 2.

RadiantSkyy
Apr 12, 2016, 08:00 PM
I actually have all the patches downloaded. Maybe its just what ive been seeing that has been only japanese. Ill remake a character on ship 2 then for sure! ill delete the other characters i believe you can only have 2?

kurokyosuke
Apr 12, 2016, 08:11 PM
Since EP4, all players are able to make 3 free characters.

Achelousaurus
Apr 12, 2016, 08:15 PM
Something must be wrong if 90% is Japanese. Most menus and items should be in English and the story up to ep 3-3 is also almost entirely translated, including side story cutscenes.
You should probably restore the original jp content of those patches and then reinstall them.

RadiantSkyy
Apr 12, 2016, 08:50 PM
because theirs three right? English patch, big patch and story patch right? is there a chance they didnt get integrated? like all the help tutorial menus are japanese, it jumps from japanese to english all the time too

RadiantSkyy
Apr 12, 2016, 08:59 PM
Also, where can i change the resolution? i dont see it in tweaker

Altiea
Apr 12, 2016, 09:00 PM
because theirs three right? English patch, big patch and story patch right? is there a chance they didnt get integrated? like all the help tutorial menus are japanese, it jumps from japanese to english all the time too

They revamped a lot of the tutorials lately, and newer content can take time to translate. Some of the menus simply don't get translated either, due to being unimportant.

You need to pull it up in the official launcher. I think the Tweaker has a menu to access the launcher settings, or you could just use the Launcher itself. I'm not savvy with Tweaker ever since I stopped playing with English patches, unfortunately.

IronKrone
Apr 12, 2016, 09:02 PM

Click on the orb (on the top left corner) and select PSO2 Option. You should be able to change the resolution and other settings there.

RadiantSkyy
Apr 12, 2016, 09:34 PM
Click on the orb (on the top left corner) and select PSO2 Option. You should be able to change the resolution and other settings there.

its not anywhere in there :/ ill pull up the launcher and see what i get. As for the newer tutorials, thats probably the issue then i was only level 3.

IronKrone
Apr 13, 2016, 12:24 AM
its not anywhere in there :/ ill pull up the launcher and see what i get. As for the newer tutorials, thats probably the issue then i was only level 3.

In PSO2 Options, under Screen Setup tab, you can change window size/resolution; but yeah, you can just use the official launcher too.

matt4394
Apr 14, 2016, 11:27 AM
no point in further segregating a minority community. go ship 2.

only go ship 2 if you're a bisexual erper.