PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 17,9GB Predownload for 4/20 Update

wefwq
Apr 13, 2016, 09:32 PM
http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=8666

So yeah, the update will be 17,9GB big (17910MB to be exact, according to official site).
I wonder what's inside, i think this is the biggest update in the PSO2 history? i mean, filesize-wise.

Predownload will be available starting at 4/15 14:00JST.

NephyrisX
Apr 13, 2016, 09:35 PM
http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=8666

So yeah, the update will be 17,9GB big (17910MB to be exact, according to official site).
I wonder what's inside, i think this is the biggest update in the PSO2 history? i mean, filesize-wise.

Predownload will be available starting at 4/15 14:00JST.

I am not surprised that we are getting a large patch, considering the amount of content we are getting.

But, 17.9GB? Wow.

matt4394
Apr 13, 2016, 09:37 PM
I am not surprised that we are getting a large patch, considering the amount of content we are getting.

But, 17.9GB? Wow.

new graphics.

arokidaaron
Apr 13, 2016, 09:38 PM
RIP people who have datacaps and slow DL speeds.

wefwq
Apr 13, 2016, 09:42 PM
new graphics.
On the benchmark program, they didn't even update the texture :-?
iirc PS4 version using same quality texture as PC version, 17.9GB are still questionable about what's changed/added.

The new graphic are mostly about shaders.

EvilMag
Apr 13, 2016, 09:43 PM
What the fuck are they adding thats making us download quite literally half of the game? The new graphics would not be that huge.

final_attack
Apr 13, 2016, 09:44 PM
Time to play offline games while downloading ....... (´ヮ`)
Cities : Skylines, I'm coming (´ヮ`)

matt4394
Apr 13, 2016, 09:44 PM
What the fuck are they adding thats making us download quite literally half of the game? The new graphics would not be that huge.

Well they are.

un1t27
Apr 13, 2016, 09:48 PM
Who gives a fuck. Stop crying an man the fuck up.

sol_trigger
Apr 13, 2016, 09:58 PM
this is why i can NEVER come back to this game.... last time i checked game size was 40Gb now it sums up another 18Gb...

game isn't look that great with its size, idk how PSO2 low res shitty texture files are so big...

wefwq
Apr 13, 2016, 10:00 PM
this is why i can NEVER come back to this game.... last time i checked game size was 40Gb now it sums up another 18Gb...

game isn't look that great with its size, idk how PSO2 low res shitty texture files are so big...
The game are actually around 35GB.

lostinseganet
Apr 13, 2016, 10:05 PM
They need to ship these things on a disk. So people can buy said disk. I mean they sell so many intangible things already soo.

Altiea
Apr 13, 2016, 10:14 PM
They need to ship these things on a disk. So people can buy said disk. I mean they sell so many intangible things already soo.

I mean, we have Deluxe Packages, but you need to import those.

Meteor Weapon
Apr 13, 2016, 10:20 PM
Lets just hope these files just replace the ones that's already in existent instead of adding another load to waste space for fun

pkemr4
Apr 13, 2016, 10:23 PM
my poor poor poor SSD

Xaeris
Apr 13, 2016, 10:27 PM
Iyaa~~! Sega-senpai, it won't fit!

Srsly though, I hope this is mostly overwriting old files. I give this game enough room on my SSD as it is.

Nyansan
Apr 13, 2016, 10:30 PM
I don't mind the large file size if it means fixing the low quality artifacts on textures.

ZerotakerZX
Apr 13, 2016, 10:58 PM
I bet those new weapon pallets can take much space.

wefwq
Apr 13, 2016, 11:48 PM
Filesize aside, looks like PS Vita won't support 3 button-type control?

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/255/1255867/

・ユーザーインターフェース拡張:3ボタンタイプ(※PC版・PS4版のみ)

Altiea
Apr 13, 2016, 11:50 PM
Filesize aside, looks like PS Vita won't support 3 button-type control?

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/255/1255867/

I would hate that, but Evade is already mapped to Circle. It's a problem with the number of buttons, honestly. Not having two buttons per shoulder kinda sucks.

Atmius
Apr 13, 2016, 11:51 PM
Probably an ice update on existing outfit/etc files as a result of a repacker being publicly released.

Strobo_Lemon
Apr 13, 2016, 11:53 PM
Time to abuse the wifi of the local milk tea shop... again.

oratank
Apr 14, 2016, 12:02 AM
well well what disaster sega will bring with this update SUPER HARD DISK BUUUUUUURST one more!

Xion14Blade
Apr 14, 2016, 12:19 AM
Can the patch be downloaded through official launcher? Or will there be a download on the site?

wefwq
Apr 14, 2016, 12:23 AM
Can the patch be downloaded through official launcher? Or will there be a download on the site?
On the scheduled date (tomorrow, noon JST), when game you open launcher (will it be official JP launcher, or tweaker), a prompt will appear that ask you if you want to download the predownload data or not.
If you're using JP launcher, you can download predownload data while playing the game.

Shoterxx
Apr 14, 2016, 02:35 AM
My guess would be that the massive size is probably due to texture properties changing to accommodate a new shader system. Which means that, even though the final size won't get much larger, every single pack with textures ever will probably get redownloaded.

Keilyn
Apr 14, 2016, 02:58 AM
Take a square of side 1. If we square it, we have 1
Take a square of side 2. If we square it, we have 4.

Doubling the side of a previous square when squared results in four times the area.

Textures are two dimensional and so are squares and triangles. The same concept applies.

Answer the following questions:

1) As a developer your current texture pack is a clone of your previous 500MB texture pack. A year later the developer re-releases the same pack, but reworked to work from double the resolution (perhaps from HDTV to UTV). How large is this patch going to be?

2) You load textures meant for UTV into your video card. Your video card reads 1GB worth of textures. A same texture pack exists for HDTV. Suppose this texture pack is loaded into memory instead, how much video card memory would be used?

3) Suppose we decided to apply a common scenario in game programming. We decide that we would take a square and double its side, but then we would transform our new shape from a two-dimensional shape into a three-dimensional shape. What would the memory usage be if the three dimensional object had one hollow layer compared to the original shape? What would memory usage be if the three dimensional shape was solid compared to the original shape?

SteveCZ
Apr 14, 2016, 03:02 AM
I'd bet 17,8 GB is that little Viola. another 0,1 GB is the game patch. No math required here.

[SPOILER-BOX]I must be high. Move along, folks. :-?[/SPOILER-BOX]

Cyber Meteor
Apr 14, 2016, 05:37 AM
Well, then i'll have to update via old method, because new method always forget a good amount of files with big updates ^^;

Poyonche
Apr 14, 2016, 05:41 AM
Well, then i'll have to update via old method, because new method always forget a good amount of files with big updates ^^;

Yeah, I'll have to do that too. :/

Also no way I de-ice those thousand of files coming with this prepatch, just going to Watch for operator voice file as usual. :wacko:

TaigaUC
Apr 14, 2016, 06:09 AM
ICE update seems the most likely reason to me.

gabor100
Apr 14, 2016, 06:39 AM
Probably an ice update on existing outfit/etc files as a result of a repacker being publicly released.

It's because Sony and not because we can do "whatever" we want with their game.

vbetts
Apr 14, 2016, 07:32 AM
New Type Weapons=.5 gb per NTW

If anyone actually believes this I will cut you

Macman
Apr 14, 2016, 08:04 AM
This will literally take me days to download. :disapprove:

Ce'Nedra
Apr 14, 2016, 08:08 AM
This will literally take me days to download. :disapprove:

Look at it from the bright side, if you start now it will be done by the time the update hits :wacko:

Zeroem
Apr 14, 2016, 08:09 AM
Since this update also the launch of Tier 6, I would assume that big numbers is mostly for updating existing models with Tier 6.

At least they send the pre-patch early. Still rip for those with bandwith or slow internet.

Korima
Apr 14, 2016, 08:09 AM
WTF? so the big size is because the graphics update? what if I don't want to change my settings? that should be optional.

NephyrisX
Apr 14, 2016, 08:21 AM
WTF? so the big size is because the graphics update? what if I don't want to change my settings? that should be optional.
That's why the new graphics is Tier 6. You still have the old Tier 5 and below settings.

Achelousaurus
Apr 14, 2016, 08:31 AM
More or less every single texture in the game needs an update cause they all look like taken from the PS2 era.
And graphics are always the by far biggest part of a game (aside from videos).
The only surprise for me is that it looks like Sega may actually update the shitty textures which I expected them to leave unchanged for all of the game's life.

What do you mean by that? I don't know what methods there are. Do you mean the Tweaker using TRANS AM?
I suppose using the original launcher to download these would work?

isCasted
Apr 14, 2016, 08:36 AM
Korima meant that parts of patch related to graphics update should be optional for download. For toasters it's essentially a waste of gigantic amount of space. For such a big game this kind of content distribution wouldn't hurt.

Tbh, if taken further, it could be so much better. Like, if you had just started playing, you really won't be able to do anything in Ultimate areas, so why not delay the download of that. You wouldn't need to download entire 30 GB to start playing, like 6-10 gigs should be enough for tutorial stuff, Forest, beginner weapons and costumes, rest could be downloaded in background and on demand.

I know at least Quake Live distributes maps in such fashion. More games could use such system.

Macman
Apr 14, 2016, 08:38 AM
World of Warcraft is launchable and playable in the vanilla starter areas with less than 500MB downloaded, and keeps downloading while you play. Sega really needs to adopt a better file structure and use this method.

...Maybe that's what they're doing with this! :wacko:

wefwq
Apr 14, 2016, 08:39 AM
Korima meant that parts of patch related to graphics update should be optional for download. For toasters it's essentially a waste of gigantic amount of space. For such a big game this kind of content distribution wouldn't hurt.

Tbh, if taken further, it could be so much better. Like, if you had just started playing, you really won't be able to do anything in Ultimate areas, so why not delay the download of that. You wouldn't need to download entire 30 GB to start playing, like 6-10 gigs should be enough for tutorial stuff, Forest, beginner weapons and costumes, rest could be downloaded in background and on demand.

I know at least Quake Live distributes maps in such fashion. More games could use such system.
I wouldn't trust SEGA utilizing such feature, they can't even handle background video load right as the game eat your CPU now think about game trying to download fuckton of files, it'll probably crash your computer.

HentaiLolicon
Apr 14, 2016, 08:56 AM
17.9GB only

SilkaN
Apr 14, 2016, 09:24 AM
I'll wait for other people to download it, don't want any AC compensation in case they fuck up again

Tymek
Apr 14, 2016, 09:44 AM
Datamine thread where

TaigaUC
Apr 14, 2016, 09:55 AM
Tomorrow.

Raujinn
Apr 14, 2016, 10:29 AM
Fair warning that there's a nonzero chance that this 17GB will contain nothing new. Larger patches in the past have been similar, where most if not all the data was re-downloading files we already had. For PSO2 this has typically been re-downloading ALL the enemies multiple times.

Given this is a graphics update, I'm going to guess they need to add some additional file or two to a large selection of archives (ie, everything we can see!). Even if it's just adding some shader settings, we'd have to re-download the whole archive it's a part of (this was exaggerated once upon a time in PSU as it stored all its clothing data in one archive, so there was one instance where in order to fix a texture error on a singe outfit we had to re-download the entire library of outfits to fix it!.).

That said, in this case it may well be adding some stuff for story so there's probably gonna be that kinda stuff in there.

Shoterxx
Apr 14, 2016, 10:37 AM
Tomorrow.

It's already tomorrow in Japan. (This was intended to be taken as a mild joke.)

Also, I have a stinking suspicion we won't have english translation nor mods after that for a bit.

FANSean
Apr 14, 2016, 10:39 AM
Considering we got english back on like, the same day when Ep4 hit I'm not too worried about that.

Shoterxx
Apr 14, 2016, 10:40 AM
Considering we got english back on like, the same day when Ep4 hit I'm not too worried about that.

But we are getting an engine update this time due to graphics. Ep4 didn't add much to the system, so there was no need to change anything.

wefwq
Apr 14, 2016, 10:41 AM
It's already tomorrow in Japan.

Also, I have a stinking suspicion we won't have english translation nor mods after that for a bit.
The precede will be available around noon or roughly 13.5 hours from now.

Ziel
Apr 14, 2016, 11:01 AM
But we are getting an engine update this time

Making everything pretty (as in making it extra brighter so you can see even less shit in TDs yayy!) and switching to a new engine are 2 different things, as in changes that would require how the game process stuff are engine, but loading a different texture over an existant mesh is meh, think how skyrim/fallout3-NV can be modded to have different (HD/4k) textures with no engine change just overwriting existant ones, same thing we're getting here.

Wish we could torrent this patch tho :sleepy:

Shoterxx
Apr 14, 2016, 11:11 AM
Making everything pretty (as in making it extra brighter so you can see even less shit in TDs yayy!) and switching to a new engine are 2 different things, as in changes that would require how the game process stuff are engine, but loading a different texture over an existant mesh is meh, think how skyrim/fallout3-NV can be modded to have different (HD/4k) textures with no engine change just overwriting existant ones, same thing we're getting here.

Wish we could torrent this patch tho :sleepy:

A: it's updating, not switching to a new engine;
B: it uses shader functions that are not present in the current engine version, therefore it needs an update to have them working;
C: higher resolution textures require more memory, and as it is right now, this engine can't handle much more than what we have so far, so work is required there if they expect the game to run properly.

wefwq
Apr 14, 2016, 11:33 AM
A: it's updating, not switching to a new engine;
B: it uses shader functions that are not present in the current engine version, therefore it needs an update to have them working;
C: higher resolution textures require more memory, and as it is right now, this engine can't handle much more than what we have so far, so work is required there if they expect the game to run properly.
all those baseless speculation, source?

vbetts
Apr 14, 2016, 12:33 PM

What makes you think it's a new engine?

wefwq
Apr 14, 2016, 01:25 PM
What makes you think it's a new engine?
i never said that the game will use new engine.

Shadowth117
Apr 14, 2016, 02:49 PM

It's actually not entirely baseless. The trailer shows all of it. New effects and things like nornal maps on terrain... it's not the biggest engine update, but you could call it that. This is just graphical updates though of course.

Shoterxx
Apr 14, 2016, 03:52 PM

Myself, my wits, the video, the benchmark, and some other stuff I found while digging around.

The game engine is old. I mean, REALLY old. According to this (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantasy_Star_Online_2) the game took over 5 years to develop, but according to this (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hedgehog_Engine) the engine's actually even older. Since it started development, it's been 11 years. Since PSO2's release, it's been almost 4 alone, but to be honest, back in the day, it was already old looking. So, no matter what, this game needs quite a buff in appearance to atleast pretend to look good. The solution?

So, 4 years after release, they decide to implement brand new graphics. What's new? Better shadows, Ambient Occlusion, some light effects (Global Illumination?)... Which fit right into the whole NVIDIA Gameworks API (https://developer.nvidia.com/what-is-gameworks), which is meant to make the life of game developers easy by allowing them to do complex effects with ease, and which exists since 2014. And seeing the new logo, after 4 year of not caring, it pretty much confirmed it to me. Even better, because, due to the PS4 and PC sharing the same architecture now, it's pretty easy to apply to both (http://www.overclock.net/t/1513915/at-nvidia-gameworks-and-physx-officially-supported-on-ps4-xb1), so it makes sense. It comes with a problem however. They are using code based on the same that had it's first game released in 2008, meaning that it's the Vista's Dx10 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DirectX#Release_history) era that didn't get all that much attention (things changed with 10.1 a bit). So, odds are, they are sticking with old Dx9 API entirely, which Gameworks does not seem to support properly (the effects require DX11, according to what's stated in each of the effect's pages). While it's possible (but painful) to adapt the code that is missing, it should easier and better practice to just update the engine in order to match what they lack. However, that means older PCs might not work well, therefore being a whole new shader level, even though it's still Dx9.

On that note, may I add that the Z-buffer (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z-buffering) for NVIDIA's driver AO is actualy working in the benchmark? It's pretty broken in the current game, causing all kinds of bleeding and flickering in cutscenes, or simply not showing properly if your camera gets close to the ground. Fixing that AFAIK could be a pain, because messes with all scene renders, and yet, it's done.

They seem to be sticking with 32 bits for the moment, and not only that, the benchmark is not even Large Address Aware, which means pso2.exe can only store in RAM 2GB at a time (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa366778.aspx). So, if the game is around 33GB already, and they intend to add more stuff and all... Yep, RIP HDDs and SSDs, getting read all the time (not that they don't do that in better games, but atleast it's less noticeable, on heavier games even). Hopefully, it won't be loading/stuttering hell now, if they wimp out on that issue. However, for that big of an update, they must've tried to address that. After that SSD ad (http://blog.livedoor.jp/cat_nyan/archives/1788343.html), I'm pretty sure they know that this is an issue.

SO, here's my base. And you have my speculation. Am I free to go?
Also feel free to correct me.

Zyrusticae
Apr 14, 2016, 04:58 PM
I doubt Nvidia Gameworks was involved with any of the new effects. Their AO in particular is a pretty typical solution and does not in any way resemble HBAO+ (which, btw, can be implemented in DX9 just fine).

But yeah, they haven't changed the engine at all. Still DX9 with a 32-bit executable. All they did was throw in some new shaders (self-shadowing, new material shaders, terrain normal mapping + specular term, tons of new post-processing shaders). I imagine the new normal maps constitute the bulk of this patch (because there are a LOT of environments to cover).

I should note that they don't actually *need* to make the game 64-bit or large address aware, as the GPU driver handles VRAM management independently of the actual game, hence the ability to address far more VRAM than the 2GB limit. However, it would still be nice to have, seeing as how you still hit address limits in near-full lobbies.

At any rate... I'm looking forward to messing around with this. The improved lighting and shadowing is a pretty big step up, and looks good even next to some modern games, though obviously the asset quality is still not great overall. Something's better than nothing, at least.

D-Inferno
Apr 14, 2016, 05:01 PM
PSO2's engine looks -worse- than the Hedgehog Engine (the Sonic characters in the Sonic event lobby look low res compared to their Generations counterparts). I also don't think those Wikipedia articles are accurate (doesn't even have a citation for the pso2/hedgehog engine stuff). That said, PSO2's current engine is probably old as ass.

Raujinn
Apr 14, 2016, 05:02 PM
Want to point out that PSO2 is not confirmed to be using Hedgehog engine. There are claims that it's a derivative of the PSU engine (which itself is dubious) but there is as far as I know little in the way of evidence to support either claiim.

That said, judging by the capabilities of the Hedgehog engine (http://info.sonicretro.org/Hedgehog_Engine) the prime features it has are its light-mapping and light-field technology; both of which are things that PSO2 lacks. Let's cut them some slack and assume for technical reasons light-mapping would be impossible to incredibly impractical for use with levels built from randomized blocks, it still seems safe to me that if it was the Hedgehog engine the lighting in PSO2 would be significanty better than it is. This does not 100% rule out that it uses Hedgehog engine, mind. For that, we'd need to compare tokens between PSO2's exe and either Unleashed or Sonic Generations or some other Hedgehog Engine game to be sure.

Shoterxx
Apr 14, 2016, 05:38 PM
I doubt Nvidia Gameworks was involved with any of the new effects. Their AO in particular is a pretty typical solution and does not in any way resemble HBAO+ (which, btw, can be implemented in DX9 just fine).

Again, they can, but need to implement stuff that does not exist, and therefore my point (and yeah, HBAO+ is not a good example, but it seems to be HBAO+ IMHO, except exagerated and fully set to performance or something, because the resolution is pretty low [reminds me of my attempts to increase performance with ReShade]. That, and supposedly HBAO+ has way better performance than SSAO or HBAO). GI and shadows however, that's different, even though it's still doable.

It's not Hedgehog engine.

Hedgehog engine or not, the point was in telling how old it is, how bad it needs an upgrade, and that's probably the likeliest (and potentialy worst case) scenario.

Shoterxx
Apr 14, 2016, 05:42 PM
That said, judging by the capabilities of the Hedgehog engine (http://info.sonicretro.org/Hedgehog_Engine) the prime features it has are its light-mapping and light-field technology

If that's what I think it is, that's mostly pre-baked renders. What it means is that the shadows are rendered on compile (either models or map textures themselves, like Source engine does it), then are used just like any other texture.

EDIT: Accidental double post.

Sora3100
Apr 14, 2016, 05:57 PM
There are videos up on how PSO2 looked before it even launched, which imo is enough proof that it runs on the PSU engine. (there's at least 1 video which shows it even more since it uses a PSU-like UI, albeit I couldn't find it anymore, it's the one with the old city look)

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo4IsIp6CZQ[/SPOILER-BOX]

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwDq7K1Ij9s[/SPOILER-BOX]

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsoz25rRLUo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F31bfG3DIGg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Batty
Apr 14, 2016, 08:00 PM
anyone knows if the patch will be available for download on tweaker or it will have to be pre downloaded with the jap launcher only? ive never touched that launcher before and i would rather prefer not to

Shadowth117
Apr 14, 2016, 08:28 PM
There are videos up on how PSO2 looked before it even launched, which imo is enough proof that it runs on the PSU engine. (there's at least 1 video which shows it even more since it uses a PSU-like UI, albeit I couldn't find it anymore, it's the one with the old city look)

[SPOILER-BOX]1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo4IsIp6CZQ)[/SPOILER-BOX]

[SPOILER-BOX]2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwDq7K1Ij9s)[/SPOILER-BOX]

[SPOILER-BOX]3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsoz25rRLUo)
4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F31bfG3DIGg)[/SPOILER-BOX]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-FPk-u-FqM

The basic resources in this are actually still in the game by the way. Not all of them, but the textures for that city are sn010 prefixed or something. Interestingly, they lack features later texture packs have like RGB based specular with a standard grayscale specular instead.

And of course, it obviously has much less smooth movements with the characters. The early cutscene even looks psu style. It could just be styling or writing similar code to what they used to, but it does definitely have similarities to psu. The music is also from psu aside from the unused ragne theme (which I'd kinda like to hear in full). The hud has psu elements as well, but that says little in my opinion.

Keilyn
Apr 14, 2016, 09:12 PM
PSUs engine had elements from PSO1s Engine, meaning that there are pre-millennial components in the Engine used for PSO2. I do not know if I should feel happy or sad in knowing this.

Shadowth117
Apr 14, 2016, 09:26 PM
PSUs engine had elements from PSO1s Engine, meaning that there are pre-millennial components in the Engine used for PSO2. I do not know if I should feel happy or sad in knowing this.

Well of you want to put it like that, Halo 5's devs claim that game still uses code from the first game as a basis, which also started pre millenial and looks loads better than pso2. Pretty sure that COD is similarly related to Quake's engine to this day. Point is, it's not necessarily a bad thing.

You get Theseus's paradox in any case and so it doesn't technically matter how it started.

NephyrisX
Apr 14, 2016, 09:31 PM
Early Early PSO2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-FPk-u-FqM)

The basic resources in this are actually still in the game by the way. Not all of them, but the textures for that city are sn010 prefixed or something. Interestingly, they lack features later texture packs have like RGB based specular with a standard grayscale specular instead.

And of course, it obviously has much less smooth movements with the characters. The early cutscene even looks psu style. It could just be styling or writing similar code to what they used to, but it does definitely have similarities to psu. The music is also from psu aside from the unused ragne theme (which I'd kinda like to hear in full). The hud has psu elements as well, but that says little in my opinion.
And of course the video itself have comments going full rose-tinted glasses and declaring that the old PSO1/PSU looked better, etc.

Also, Dark Ragne looks funny without the armour plating on the legs like we have now.

SteveCZ
Apr 14, 2016, 09:55 PM
2 hours until the sick patch, folks.

Keilyn
Apr 14, 2016, 09:57 PM
Well of you want to put it like that, Halo 5's devs claim that game still uses code from the first game as a basis, which also started pre millenial and looks loads better than pso2. Pretty sure that COD is similarly related to Quake's engine to this day. Point is, it's not necessarily a bad thing.

You get Theseus's paradox in any case and so it doesn't technically matter how it started.

I guess I wonder more about development and commitment.

Right now I have been playing Black Desert Online. I jumped on that ship because the creator/director of BDO made RYL, R2R, and C9. Risk Your Life (RYL) was my fav. game at one point. The director wanted a complete seamless non-loadtime world.

According to the early interview with the director, they started in 2010 with 50 people. The majority being graphic/asset creators and around 10 programmers. They were able to make their own independent game engine from scratch in two years. They had enough people to actually work on the game that would launch with the engine as well at the same time.

In short, the Black Desert Engine is one of the few engines to be made this decade, and this was made by a startup company of people who were all veteran programmers and designers.

SEGA as a company is so large that they have their own independent sound studio along with the ability to develop, distribute, and market their own software. It makes me wonder why they don't have the commitment to make a good game engine, but they have the commitment to make a bunch of costumes every two weeks and not enough commitment to actually make maps.

Black Desert Online has Skyrim Level World Size and Depth, its B2P in NA/EU and F2P in Kr/JP. The last expansion added to the game increased the world size by roughly 30% which is amazing.

I am hoping this patch really turns out to be good for PSO2. 4K DSR on Tier 6 graphics will be nice.

SilenWhisper
Apr 15, 2016, 01:53 AM
A torrent for this would be handy.

jooozek
Apr 15, 2016, 03:11 AM
since twerker gets 1013'd out of the water when it's running with the game gotta use the official launcher to download precede, if someone is having problems with the official launcher giving you error 433 after it updates, do fix permissions from twerker after "i have updated launcher gotta restart" and only click OK after fixing permissions, restore backups of pre-english patches if you use any with twerker and only then use the official launcher as it will download everything that is in english

sol_trigger
Apr 15, 2016, 03:20 AM
oh wow here we go again, the black desert fanboi and his bitching

Shadowth117
Apr 15, 2016, 03:20 AM
since twerker gets 1013'd out of the water when it's running with the game gotta use the official launcher to download precede, if someone is having problems with the official launcher giving you error 433 after it updates, do fix permissions from twerker after "i have updated launcher gotta restart" and only click OK after fixing permissions, restore backups of pre-english patches if you use any with twerker and only then use the official launcher as it will download everything that is in english

I've heard if you rename tweaker's exe it should work fine like the last time since Gameguard is dumb.

jooozek
Apr 15, 2016, 03:31 AM
I've heard if you rename tweaker's exe it should work fine like the last time since Gameguard is dumb.

i thought so too but got 1013'd nonetheless

Shinamori
Apr 15, 2016, 03:41 AM
The pre-patch should be live now right?

Sonaos
Apr 15, 2016, 03:43 AM
The pre-patch should be live now right?

Yup, I'm downloading it now.

Rain Walker
Apr 15, 2016, 03:57 AM
It's getting helluva slower bit by bit in 2 hours :-x

jooozek
Apr 15, 2016, 04:09 AM
It's getting helluva slower bit by bit in 2 hours :-x

considering it's so huge and people are coming house in japan now it's to be expected tbh

Shadowth117
Apr 15, 2016, 04:20 AM
One way or another, I lucked out and got a fast net where I moved last. I've got it dled and I'm dumping it for datamining. If anyone has anything they want me to check out, let me know.

Keilyn
Apr 15, 2016, 04:27 AM
oh wow here we go again, the black desert fanboi and his bitching

Congratulations, :) Must make you feel good... Are you done getting it all out of your system? Now wasn't it like three places on the internet outside of Japan where people actually care about PSO2? Or could it be possible that I am missing another place. Remind me again? Why should I care?

PSO2 = spending more time waiting & setting up for EQs than the time spent running them.

Its the opposite in many games where I can find parties pretty quickly and run the content, which tends to be a good hour or two. I find that to be more fun.

isCasted
Apr 15, 2016, 04:33 AM
So, I tried downloading prepatch data through Tweaker, and now my _precede folder size is only 3.20 GB (when it's supposed to be 18 GB?). Official launcher didn't offer prepatch download at all. What's up with that?

sol_trigger
Apr 15, 2016, 04:36 AM
PSO2 = spending more time waiting & setting up for EQs than the time spent running them.
and your beloved black desert = overly priced fanservice costumes + hardcore grind fest after Lv 50 + brainless afk farming

SteveCZ
Apr 15, 2016, 04:43 AM

Pretty sure I'm not playing PSO2 like this though, but I understand that it is one's opinion to believe PSO2 is only waiting and waiting only for EQ. Such definition is not for everyone/very opinionated, and therefore for me is not comparable to how you enjoy BDO. :-?

Poyonche
Apr 15, 2016, 04:55 AM
One way or another, I lucked out and got a fast net where I moved last. I've got it dled and I'm dumping it for datamining. If anyone has anything they want me to check out, let me know.

Could you check if "d9995b76bcee80a03e028155569f61b5" has been updated in this patch ? It is the voices of the operators in quest, so maybe they already put the Yamato Battleship EQ speech.

zegun~kun
Apr 15, 2016, 05:09 AM
11GBs down, 7 more to go

Shoterxx
Apr 15, 2016, 05:14 AM
i thought so too but got 1013'd nonetheless

Maybe it checks for the GN Field or something?

EDIT: I remembered this:

for those who want to use the bypass method, try to open gnfield.exe inside pso2 folder before you launch the bypass method, without gnfield running in the background, you will get np1013

Just use the .bat method, hopefully it still works after the update...

Shadowth117
Apr 15, 2016, 05:18 AM
Could you check if "d9995b76bcee80a03e028155569f61b5" has been updated in this patch ? It is the voices of the operators in quest, so maybe they already put the Yamato Battleship EQ speech.

It was in the patch. Probably has that I guess.

Poyonche
Apr 15, 2016, 05:49 AM
If you're okay with this, could send it to me please ? So I could de-ice and HCA to wav those. :wacko:

(haven't reached this one yet)

I looked at the e-trial files, and I noticed there are newcomers :

ii_anh_fantasy_mob (fantasy ? might be the one from Final Fantasy collab, seems Sierra exclusive)
ii_anh_phantom_ship (anh is for annihilation, which is more like a code duel, operator doesn't appear to have been chosen yet)
ii_areaboss_dk (Dark Falz E-code are named like that, Elder is ii_areaboss_dp, Loser is ii_areaboss_dp2 and Double is ii_areaboss_dp_toy )
But as my Wordpad does not want to show Japanese characters, i can't see anything but weird symbols.

Aine
Apr 15, 2016, 05:59 AM
vita patch is 8.5GB (total 12GB)

lol

Shadowth117
Apr 15, 2016, 06:00 AM
If you're okay with this, could send it to me please ? So I could de-ice and HCA to wav those. :wacko:

(haven't reached this one yet)

I looked at the e-trial files, and I noticed there are newcomers :

ii_anh_fantasy_mob (fantasy ? might be the one from Final Fantasy collab)
ii_anh_phantom_ship (anh is for annihilation, which is more like a code duel)
ii_areaboss_dk (Dark Falz E-code are named like that, Elder is ii_areaboss_dp, Loser is ii_areaboss_dp2 and Double is ii_areaboss_dp_toy )
But as my Wordpad does not want to show Japanese characters, i can't see anything but weird symbols.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sd44hmrdj40wwwa/d9995b76bcee80a03e028155569f61b5?dl=0

As for viewing the text files, maybe try notepad++ or something? Wordpad is pretty meh.

Rain Walker
Apr 15, 2016, 06:00 AM

lol

aw f*cking hell how do i live with this -_-

Poyonche
Apr 15, 2016, 06:10 AM
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sd44hmrdj40wwwa/d9995b76bcee80a03e028155569f61b5?dl=0

As for viewing the text files, maybe try notepad++ or something? Wordpad is pretty meh.

Omg so much new files for Sierra, gonna look at this.

Err, i don't know if they gave Sierra 6465847687453 voice files for "Yamato", or if she gave her 6465847687453 voice files for "TD" as I can't understand a shit of what she says, gonna upload this ASAP.

Madevil
Apr 15, 2016, 06:13 AM
hum... got my download finished, but it was 14Gb instead of 17

saw some new weapon sets for collection files, limited eq 13 stars, ep4 deluxe packages camos / costumes

edit: full extracted filelist https://db.tt/t93jpRv6

Zanverse
Apr 15, 2016, 06:13 AM

If you find any BGMs, do share.

isCasted
Apr 15, 2016, 06:20 AM
So, after some dancing around I still can't download prepatch. The launcher just doesn't give me the promt for it. I tried changing permissions, redownloading executables, removing _precede folder that Tweaker gave me - nothing helps.

Shadowth117
Apr 15, 2016, 06:34 AM
hum... got my download finished, but it was 14Gb instead of 17

saw some new weapon sets for collection files, limited eq 13 stars, ep4 deluxe packages camos / costumes

Mine is definitely 17. I'd recheck if I were you.

If you find any BGMs, do share.

I think there were some afs2 archives among these. I didn't pay attention to what was what though at the time.

Edit: Also be aware that using setting 6 WILL probably INCREASE LOAD TIMES SLIGHTLY! They were smart with it and made it so the actual new texture files are all separate and so likely load separately. Setting 5 should work as before if I'm understanding this right, but setting 6 will very likely cause an increase. If you care about that type of thing, keep that in mind... Also, we did not get any obvious resolution increases on textures just fyi.

Poyonche
Apr 15, 2016, 06:36 AM
So here are the voice files of Sierra with the HCA to WAV converter, it is not as heavy as if it was all in .wav, so I thought it would be better to do so.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oz147b5madyrhqn/11_voice_navi09.rar?dl=0

To convert all the .hca files to .wav, just use hcadec_all.bat

If you understand anything, like just what it is all about, it would be nice to tell us what you understood. :3

Keilyn
Apr 15, 2016, 06:39 AM
and your beloved black desert = overly priced fanservice costumes + hardcore grind fest after Lv 50 + brainless afk farming

Less than one hour of real life work is enough for me to get costumes in either game without having to grind for them. The grind post-50 is intentional as the soft-cap is 50 and the game does not have a hard-cap for leveling. One can AFK Fish, Farm Crops, and Autoloop, which is perfectly allowable and does not interfere with anyone else.

BDO NA/EU is $30. I pay more than that for Premium Subscription every three months in PSO2 to show my support. Are you also a premium subscriber?

Endgame BDO has many players in parties going through the content together.
Endgame PSO2 has players waiting for EQs and Soloing anything outside of an EQ.

Finally,
One of the important things I believe in is giving any hardware configuration a mission equal to its power and strength. I run on a GTX 980 SLI and BDO is perfect!

High-End Computer Hardware is all about having the means to access the world of tomorrow, today! We get first dibs into the unknown in the realm of good and bad software and I am happy to have the specs required to be part of it all.

vbetts
Apr 15, 2016, 06:54 AM
i never said that the game will use new engine.

My bad, wrong person. :D

Madevil
Apr 15, 2016, 06:55 AM
Mine is definitely 17. I'd recheck if I were you.

I think there were some afs2 archives among these. I didn't pay attention to what was what though at the time.

Edit: Also be aware that using setting 6 WILL probably INCREASE LOAD TIMES SLIGHTLY! They were smart with it and made it so the actual new texture files are all separate and so likely load separately. Setting 5 should work as before if I'm understanding this right, but setting 6 will very likely cause an increase. If you care about that type of thing, keep that in mind... Also, we did not get any obvious resolution increases on textures just fyi.

I've re-downloading it again, 17.4Gb this time
still extracting, I'll update the list later~

vbetts
Apr 15, 2016, 06:59 AM
Bumped has a torrent for the patch if anyone is interested.
http://bumped.org/

TaigaUC
Apr 15, 2016, 07:03 AM
So I guess they didn't change the encryption then?
I forgot to start downloading, just started.

SEGA as a company is so large that they have their own independent sound studio along with the ability to develop, distribute, and market their own software. It makes me wonder why they don't have the commitment to make a good game engine, but they have the commitment to make a bunch of costumes every two weeks and not enough commitment to actually make maps.

I'd honestly like to know why SEGA sucks so much in general.
If I recall correctly, they almost went bust at one point, but were saved by their ex-CEO's private funds, before he died.
The Yakuza (Ryu ga Gotoku) game engine seems to works fine. That's probably a different dev group though.
I've been told that series is much higher quality because they get a lot of money from real life product advertising in-game.

I think part of the reason why PSO2 sucks is because they didn't put much money into it to begin with.
They even had to announce that, after PSO2's general success, they were able to allocate more funds and staff to it.
It sounds like a side/pet project that the higher ups don't really care that much about.
The recent episode 4 changes give me the impression that someone higher up decided PSO2 could earn more money by introducing shitty microtransactions.
I think that gives an idea of how much they care about PSO2 as a game.

Those are just my impressions, going from how they've treated PSO2.
I don't really know what the hell is going on with SEGA.
As far as I'm concerned, most/all of their franchises have already been run into the ground.
The same goes for most other famous companies.

From what I've read of people playing Black Desert, they focused heavily on graphics but the gameplay design used to be absolute trash.
They seem to be complete novices at game design, although it sounds like they have also been improving slowly.

Anyway, this is all off-topic.

wefwq
Apr 15, 2016, 07:34 AM
Thank god they actually did that.

Poyonche
Apr 15, 2016, 07:37 AM

Already started the download on Tweaker. ;-;

I'm at 4,65GB after 3 hours, is it Worth to cancel and go use torrent ?

Sirius-91
Apr 15, 2016, 07:51 AM
Hiya, I made the torrent.

If you're willing to help me seed, please do.

Tymek
Apr 15, 2016, 08:56 AM
First of all, can we maybe, like, not fight over MMO's? There's much more important matters at hand.

ep4 deluxe packages camos / costumes

OH BABY

Raujinn
Apr 15, 2016, 09:03 AM

lol

Quotin from a few pages back because this is potentially interesting. The vita is not getting the graohics update, so it shouldn't be as affected as the PC update is. Odds are still good that most of this will be re-downloads of stuff we already have, but it indicates that there is at least something new in here to mine.

They don't include the main scripts file until the main patch day though. :c

Keilyn
Apr 15, 2016, 09:06 AM
A question... out of curiosity.

When has SEGA ever in their advertisement videos ever marketed PSO by actually declaring it an MMORPG? By Videos, I mean all those LOBBY Videos we see of SEGA advertising the game. Maybe my eyes deceive me, but has anyone seen "MMORPG" in one of those videos?

There is a simple solution to your more "pressing matters" at hand.

and its... if you are willing to connect to Japan to play their games on a shit internet connection, only you are to blame. Remember, SEGA does not support the idea of foreigners playing their game but accepts tolerance in allowing foreigners to play simply because it means more money for them. ...and like fools we (including myself) give money to a corporation that has openly discriminated against us, and openly made declarations against us, and we, like the good people we are, suck it up and deal.

I guess the same can be said about the Fringed Seven in the U.S if you have heard of them.

This patch is big as hell and people will adapt, download, and continue doing what they have always done.

Kondibon
Apr 15, 2016, 09:19 AM
A question... out of curiosity.

When has SEGA ever in their advertisement videos ever marketed PSO by actually declaring it an MMORPG? By Videos, I mean all those LOBBY Videos we see of SEGA advertising the game. Maybe my eyes deceive me, but has anyone seen "MMORPG" in one of those videos?I distinctly remember the announcer saying "EM EM OH ARU PEE GEE!" In some of the commercials, but if you're ONLY talking about the ones that show in the lobby, that's weirdly specific.

EDIT: It might have actually been online rpg, not mmorpg, but I guess it doesn't matter.

Not to mention the term mmo not even being that common in japan with "net game" being used for most online games massively multi player or not.

That said they were clearly talking about you and whoever arguing about the quality of Black Desert, so pso2 being advertised as an mmo or not is irrelivant in the first place.

Poyonche
Apr 15, 2016, 09:20 AM
So... downloading by torrent will be faster than Tweaker or not ? Or it doesn't change anything ?

Zysets
Apr 15, 2016, 09:29 AM
Not to mention the term mmo not even being that common in japan with "net game" being used for most online games massively multi player or not.

I believe this is true. I've never seen a Japanese game being called an MMO in native advertising, I doubt they use that term when talking about online games.

wahahaha
Apr 15, 2016, 09:56 AM
The reason for this update is that they updated if not, all models. You cant open them with noesis at all, you can repack without problem.

Sirius-91
Apr 15, 2016, 09:56 AM
I believe this is true. I've never seen a Japanese game being called an MMO in native advertising, I doubt they use that term when talking about online games.

They call this a Action RPG.

Ziel
Apr 15, 2016, 10:16 AM
They call this a Action RPG.

Most of the "next scratch/update" videos end with something about being an RPG, not sure if "online" or "MMO" is part of the statemet

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/gIK5M2R.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Raujinn
Apr 15, 2016, 10:21 AM
The reason for this update is that they updated if not, all models. You cant open them with noesis at all, you can repack without problem.

Which models are you referring to? Because the old AQP format was being used for all appearance models before. Enemy models (and likely other ones) had switched to the new AQP format, which the old noesis plugin can not load.

If it's appearance files and you can't open them, please send me a few and I can check out the data in them.

Keilyn
Apr 15, 2016, 10:53 AM
ty for the answer.
17.9GB. Is that compressed or uncompressed?

wefwq
Apr 15, 2016, 11:28 AM
So... downloading by torrent will be faster than Tweaker or not ? Or it doesn't change anything ?
Been using torrent for like couple of hours, i start regretting it as the speed are just like 30KBs the entire time.
Maybe i'll just kick official prepatch downloader again later if this didn't get any better.

Sirius-91
Apr 15, 2016, 11:32 AM
Been using torrent for like couple of hours, i start regretting it as the speed are just like 30KBs the entire time.
Maybe i'll just kick official prepatch downloader again later if this didn't get any better.

There's only 3 seeders right now. Myself and 3 others. Need more people to help seed.

Shoterxx
Apr 15, 2016, 11:45 AM
I used the tweaker to download the pre-patch data, was done in ~2 hours. Official launcher is pretty slow, and torrents usualy set me at 2 KB/s download and 2MB/s upload.

Sirius-91
Apr 15, 2016, 11:59 AM
20 Seeders now.

Tymek
Apr 15, 2016, 11:59 AM

lol

Is the pre-patch already available, or...

isCasted
Apr 15, 2016, 12:06 PM
I used the tweaker to download the pre-patch data, was done in ~2 hours. Official launcher is pretty slow, and torrents usualy set me at 2 KB/s download and 2MB/s upload.

Well, the torrent is fresh, so low speeds are to be expected. Literally one person seeding and hundreds downloading. It gets so much better after a few hours.

Btw, you can help seeding it if you downloaded data through other means.

untrustful
Apr 15, 2016, 12:28 PM
Do your part! Seed™ today!

Zorak000
Apr 15, 2016, 12:38 PM
join the S.E.E.D.

you may start as a pannon but maybe someday with enough hope and luck, you too can be a dulk fakis!

pkemr4
Apr 15, 2016, 12:42 PM
that downloaded quicker than expected

Shoterxx
Apr 15, 2016, 12:51 PM
Well, the torrent is fresh, so low speeds are to be expected. Literally one person seeding and hundreds downloading. It gets so much better after a few hours.

Btw, you can help seeding it if you downloaded data through other means.

Well, I would, but I downloaded it trough public nets. I'll only be able to seed next week, because at home I only have a mobile connection with a limited dataplan (which is pretty stupid since it's 150Mbit/s).

[SPOILER-BOX]http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/dc/dc0fadbb489c05a7681751a2130dd74c8f90af5ee79d3188b5 d657fef4c5b94a.jpg
And end up with no internet for the rest of the month.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Poyonche
Apr 15, 2016, 02:01 PM
So once I have finished downloading prepatch through Tweaker, I'll be able to seed™ too ? Sorry I don't know anything about torrent lol.

Sirius-91
Apr 15, 2016, 02:16 PM
So once I have finished downloading prepatch through Tweaker, I'll be able to seed™ too ? Sorry I don't know anything about torrent lol.

If you go on bumped, download the torrent, then with a torrent client, point the save destination to your pso2_bin folder, it will check the files then seed.

Mesarthim
Apr 15, 2016, 02:18 PM
Well, I would, but I downloaded it trough public nets. I'll only be able to seed next week, because at home I only have a mobile connection with a limited dataplan (which is pretty stupid since it's 150Mbit/s).

[SPOILER-BOX]http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/dc/dc0fadbb489c05a7681751a2130dd74c8f90af5ee79d3188b5 d657fef4c5b94a.jpg
And end up with no internet for the rest of the month.[/SPOILER-BOX]

It could be worse you could have satellite like I do (I stopped playing actively in November as a result and I'm not returning fully). I can only stand so much of this game. I left it on overnight with the tweaker and I'm... just now halfway done. It's only like 4-5 seconds for 1 MB since we hit our "cap" in a matter of days or within a week (I'm also not doing EQs for obvious reasons for now).

Gestriden
Apr 15, 2016, 03:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKXR-gO3vU8 A litle something to celebrate the new patch.

Zanverse
Apr 15, 2016, 03:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKXR-gO3vU8 A litle something to celebrate the new patch.

God bless your soul.

Kondibon
Apr 15, 2016, 03:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKXR-gO3vU8 A litle something to celebrate the new patch.Most of it sounds a bit off, like there's a part missing, I guess we'll see (or hear) after it comes out. Everything after 14:21 is great, I've been wanting it without all the sound effects.

Zanverse
Apr 15, 2016, 03:45 PM
So judging from the music, I assume that Yamato will have more than one or two phases. The BGM up to the 14:21 mark sounds pretty darn tense and hyped.

EvilMag
Apr 15, 2016, 03:50 PM
14:21 is most likely the theme that plays when he hits less than 25% HP.

DeificEpyon
Apr 15, 2016, 06:48 PM
I'm seeding the torrent at the moment. My upload speed is around 1mbps. I hope it helps out anyone that was getting slow speeds from it.

pkemr4
Apr 15, 2016, 06:50 PM

16:20

Beautiful

Raujinn
Apr 15, 2016, 06:54 PM
Checking out some appearance aqos they have indeed switched to the new aqo format. The old plugin will not work for models anymore (the short of it is the old AQO format uses a tagging system like CMLs do whereas the new format uses a pointer table). Current fileswap mods may also not work anymore, be aware. It depends on if they took the old parser out or not! Either way I suspect you're gonna want to update your fileswaps anyway to take advantage of setting 6.

Shadowth117
Apr 15, 2016, 06:58 PM
Checking out some appearance aqos they have indeed switched to the new aqo format. The old plugin will not work for models anymore (the short of it is the old AQO format uses a tagging system like CMLs do whereas the new format uses a pointer table). Current fileswap mods may also not work anymore, be aware. It depends on if they took the old parser out or not! Either way I suspect you're gonna want to update your fileswaps anyway to take advantage of setting 6.

They seem to work actually. I've successfully gotten the sheep pony thing ingame as well as the Yamato fight bg.

Also, what viewer were you using? The Noesis model plugin failed to open a lot of things made after cbt like falz arms etc., but still got a lot of outfits and such for a long time.

Edit: For reference, the pony sheep thing doesn't work properly, but the model is fine. I'd assume this would be the case for any pet swap, but it's funny to see it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/957ptblsnafwfrx/2016-04-15_08-41-24.mp4?dl=0

Raujinn
Apr 15, 2016, 08:03 PM
You're thinking about it the wrong way round. The ponysheeppoodle uses a new AQO. The client we have currently can load new AQOs already (most enemies are new AQOs). The uncertainty is in that they may have dumped the old AQO format entirely so the client might not read them after the 4/20 update.

I simply looked at the files in a hex editor. If you know what you're looking for you can tell the difference between the new and old formats at a glance heh.

wahahaha
Apr 15, 2016, 08:26 PM
pointless stuff

http://imgur.com/a/7kah7

Macman
Apr 15, 2016, 08:46 PM
Hiya, I made the torrent.

If you're willing to help me seed, please do.

Your crappy torrent only detected 2GB of the 8GB I already downloaded through other means. No thanks.

Xaeris
Apr 15, 2016, 08:47 PM
Oh hey, the Sigh of a God. It's a baton camo now. Well, okay, I guess.

untrustful
Apr 15, 2016, 10:23 PM
*sigh*
*waves thunder stick*

wahahaha
Apr 15, 2016, 10:42 PM
Im rather hyped for revolucio tact , maybe sega will let us affix tacts and unlock their potential.

KazukiQZ
Apr 15, 2016, 10:53 PM
^Is there even tact other than camos? Bcoz the other full weapon series (Ares, Ideal, Invade, Austere) didn't get one either.

silo1991
Apr 16, 2016, 12:05 AM
should i download the prepatch or do nothing until 20 april?

Nyansan
Apr 16, 2016, 12:33 AM
should i download the prepatch or do nothing until 20 april?

Unless you have ultra fast internet or are willing to download probably like 20gb of stuff on the 20th, I suggest you download it now.

Mesarthim
Apr 16, 2016, 01:05 AM
I just spent 24 hours downloading it on satellite. We go over our "cap" within a week anyway so I'm already throttled a bit.

Such dedication to a game I'm not returning fully to (but it does pass time if I need to!).

Lostbob117
Apr 16, 2016, 01:26 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Skd7wCk.png

Incase anyone was wondering how many of the files we downloaded is just being updated from older versions.

Nyansan
Apr 16, 2016, 01:36 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Skd7wCk.png

Incase anyone was wondering how many of the files we downloaded is just being updated from older versions.

Honestly not surprising, considering that most of them are specular map updates for most of the textures.

ShimizuA
Apr 16, 2016, 04:02 AM
i just tried to download the precede files, but it only around 1900 files (3,3 GB). isn't the update supposed to be huge? anyone knows why?

TaigaUC
Apr 16, 2016, 04:04 AM
Did you install PSO2 from scratch recently?

I'm thinking it's possible that SEGA may have already updated their base PSO2 install to include most of the new files.
Thus, if you have that more recent base client, the game would have less files to update.

Just a theory, anyway.

wefwq
Apr 16, 2016, 04:04 AM
i just tried to download the precede files, but it only around 1900 files (3,3 GB). isn't the update supposed to be huge? anyone knows why?
JP launcher download or Twerker?

ShimizuA
Apr 16, 2016, 04:07 AM
JP launcher download or Twerker?
i used the tweaker

wefwq
Apr 16, 2016, 04:12 AM
i used the tweaker
lmao

There's similar report from some guy yesterday.
Fire up that JP launcher or use the torrent from bumped if you don't mind horrible download speed.

Sirius-91
Apr 16, 2016, 04:18 AM
use the torrent from bumped if you don't mind horrible download speed.

We're at 10 seeds via DHT and Peer Exchange reports 23 seeds, plus 2 on the tracker itself.

Poyonche
Apr 16, 2016, 04:32 AM
Off-topic : What is the file in which the gigantic icon list is located ?

Madevil
Apr 16, 2016, 04:53 AM
Off-topic : What is the file in which the gigantic icon list is located ?

not sure if we're on the same page,
but since you mentioned, I've just took a file search and realized there's no ui_items_*.dds in the precade extracted filelist
I guess there might be another part of update later?

[Ayumi]
Apr 16, 2016, 04:58 AM
I was about to say that one of my older computers would not be able to fully download the prepatch files as it ran out of space during the process...
...then I remembered there was a program on there that I've moved/transferred over to a better computer long ago that was 250GB big. Now it can get it!

Shadowth117
Apr 16, 2016, 05:43 AM
You're thinking about it the wrong way round. The ponysheeppoodle uses a new AQO. The client we have currently can load new AQOs already (most enemies are new AQOs). The uncertainty is in that they may have dumped the old AQO format entirely so the client might not read them after the 4/20 update.

I simply looked at the files in a hex editor. If you know what you're looking for you can tell the difference between the new and old formats at a glance heh.

Ah, I see. It's certainly possible. Still, the game has vestigial crap from the super early build they showed off that one time so I wouldn't be surprised if they kept in that feature.

As for the other thing, I got confused and thought you meant actually viewing them in an model editor or viewer. If I recall correctly, the really old ones had the compile date included, among other things, in the header stuffz. It's been a while since I've messed around with those though.

Meteor Weapon
Apr 16, 2016, 05:43 AM
I'm getting an old bgm vibe in that Yamato EQ theme, like its from PS Zero or something can anyone else recognize it?

Tymek
Apr 16, 2016, 05:59 AM
I was trying to find the data for Radiant, but I stumbled upon something interesting.
They seem to be textures for Seagull and Dolphin Phantoms. Or Orca Phantoms? I don't know man
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CgKK_vAUsAAWxcA.jpg

wefwq
Apr 16, 2016, 06:02 AM
I was trying to find the data for Radiant, but I stumbled upon something interesting.
They seem to be textures for Seagull and Dolphin Phantoms. Or Orca Phantoms? I don't know man
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CgKK_vAUsAAWxcA.jpg
Ecco the Dolphin

Poyonche
Apr 16, 2016, 06:16 AM
Watch out guys ! Phantom Seagulls are going to drop Phantom Poo on our A.I.S !

How are named the files ? Is there "ptm" or "phantom" in the name ?

Shadowth117
Apr 16, 2016, 06:21 AM

iirc, ptm for the textures at least.

Tymek
Apr 16, 2016, 06:24 AM

ob_0184_animal_d.dds

Traumin
Apr 16, 2016, 06:26 AM
ob_0184_animal_d.dds

Sort of reminiscent of the dolphins/seagulls you can see in the beach team room

Tymek
Apr 16, 2016, 06:33 AM
On unrelated note; does anyone have the data for *レイディアント/Radiant?
http://ebten.jp/eb/p/sega_pso2ep4/tokuten03.jpg
I've been trying to get it myself, but deICEr keeps crashing. And I don't know the numbers. And I don't know how to see the item name.
And I don't really have anything.
I'm trying, though!

Sort of reminiscent of the dolphins/seagulls you can see in the beach team room
I didn't even know the Beach Team Room had those haha

Achelousaurus
Apr 16, 2016, 06:42 AM
y PSO2 sucks is because they didn't put much money into it to begin with.
They even had to announce that, after PSO2's general success, they were able to allocate more funds and staff to it.
It sounds like a side/pet project that the higher ups don't really care that much about.
The recent episode 4 changes give me the impression that someone higher up decided PSO2 could earn more money by introducing shitty microtransactions.
I think that gives an idea of how much they care about PSO2 as a game.
Yeah. either the PSO2 team is really too stupid to realize the problems or all their protest falls on deaf ears and the higher ups just tell them to do this kind of BS.
But either way Sega as a company is failing hard cause the higher up should know better than to churn out an online game one sidedly like a single player game and expect people to love it for years anyway and the PSO2 team should know their game better than to pull all this BS.

That aside, I only got 17.4 GB from downloading with the tweaker. What happened to that half gig I am missing? Where do I get that from now?

Z-0
Apr 16, 2016, 06:44 AM
by not using the tweaker because the official launcher is faster :-) there's also no chance of missing any data.

they've done so many optimisations to the official launcher there's no reason to use the tweaker to "update faster" now, especially since the launcher filechecks and downloads at the same time now.

TaigaUC
Apr 16, 2016, 07:08 AM
It downloads at the same time right now? Or after the next patch?

[Ayumi]
Apr 16, 2016, 10:40 AM

Is it possible... that I can get a hold of that ponysheeppoodle? Would truly truly truly like to get a access to a lot of those models to look at them (and extract them) for personal reason. Especially some of the "newer" weapons that can't seem to open.

Rain Walker
Apr 16, 2016, 10:51 AM
It downloads at the same time right now? Or after the next patch?

Precede works the same like before: checking files before downloading :(

I used tweaker to download prepatch to my laptop then transfer to my main PC and run vanilla prepatch
http://i.imgur.com/5Nl1SdG.png

TaigaUC
Apr 16, 2016, 10:55 AM
Because z-0 said "now" so i thought I was missing something.
Last I saw the official patcher it looked the same.

Anyway they said they were improving it next update so I'm expecting it to be better then.

Saffran
Apr 16, 2016, 11:10 AM
I seem to have 19.1 GB in there.
Do we have to move/delete the files after the update on wednesday or does the game do it all by itself?

ShinMegamiSensei
Apr 16, 2016, 11:14 AM
I seem to have 19.1 GB in there.
Do we have to move/delete the files after the update on wednesday or does the game do it all by itself?
The launcher will do it all for you once the final patch goes live during maint.

Sonic Zero
Apr 16, 2016, 12:51 PM
I learned extract videos files from pso2, and get surprised, game have GB of junk of lobby videos from ep2 (before angel falz debut) inside win32 folder. This is a big facepalm to me. Agree SEGA got traumatized because of deleted files outside game folder from past.

Btw, I found video intro to Yamato EQ, maybe this show up before phase 1 or 2, idk. If anyone want see i can upload to my dropbox folder to share.

Chdata
Apr 16, 2016, 12:58 PM
blaze it

Tymek
Apr 16, 2016, 03:28 PM
I learned extract videos files from pso2, and get surprised, game have GB of junk of lobby videos from ep2 (before angel falz debut) inside win32 folder. This is a big facepalm to me. Agree SEGA got draumatized case of deleted files outside game folder.

Btw, I found video intro to Yamato EQ, maybe this show up before phase 1 or 2, idk. If anyone want see i can upload to my dropbox folder to share.

JUST DO IT ALREADY! :-o:grin:

Sonic Zero
Apr 16, 2016, 03:47 PM
Before try play this, install VLC or Media Player Classic from K-lite Media Codec Pack. work like a charm.

PSO2 OP5 Feat. Yamato:
ttps://db.tt/PJMsOOrB (this dont hv any audio, PSO2 play OP music from another container, i dont found audio file yet)

Yamato EQ Video Intro:
ttps://db.tt/d46a7pCR (Video)
ttps://db.tt/vME4uOGz (Audio)

PS: Do download of Video and Audio and play video using VLC or MPC, player can run sound same time.

PS2: I dont get time enough to find a good program work with original codec used on pso2 videos. If dont i can have already merged audio and video on a unique file. Sorry about this.

PS3: Sorry, i hv old account but rarely post any message, i cant post link because limit of 10 posts, add a "h" to each link.

wefwq
Apr 16, 2016, 05:25 PM
The OP already available to watch anytime from SEGA PSO official youtube channel though?
Does yamato fight have outro video?

kiakan
Apr 19, 2016, 05:32 PM
The bumped torrent could use more seeders.

[Ayumi]
Apr 19, 2016, 05:57 PM
The new updated aqos can't be opened with the plugin...
*Starts making a full backup of the 45,000+ files*

wefwq
Apr 19, 2016, 09:02 PM
The bumped torrent could use more seeders.
Try to add other tracker by yourself into the precede torrent, it'll add some more peers that you can leech on.

Batty
Apr 19, 2016, 10:40 PM
hey guys, the option to install the prepatch files and download the last patch is available in the tweaker, the pso2 folder size with the prepatch instaled is actually 39gb, so with the missing 800mb the final size will probably be around 40-41gb