PDA

View Full Version : Mission Should I feel ashamed if I can't clear Solo XQ?

ZerotakerZX
Apr 14, 2016, 03:21 AM
I'm not the top player, and never gonna be, cause my reflexes never was too sharp, and Im not that much of a gamer in general. But this game is fairly easy and with good equpment and builds, I became a good damage dealer, being able to enter top 3 or 5 DPS in MPA most of the time and earning nice titles on Base Defense Quests.
But I can't clear those damned Solo EX. I know that not many can, but I thought I'm better than this.

My problem is that I'm running out of mates. If only I could take at least 10 more I could make for sure, but as it is even with all possible bufs: drinks, tree, timed abilities, food, tokyo hamburger for HP restortion, I still can't beat overpowered one-shotting PD, cause Anga's WB draining my health like crazy prior the final showdown.

Anyway, the main question is: should I feel bad about it? Am I a stupid noob if I can't clear the most hardcore quest in a casual game? Or if just so unbalanced that sega should be ashamed, not me? You know, like Ghost and Goblins games, that meant to be nearly unbeatable.

Qualia
Apr 14, 2016, 03:23 AM
What class are you using? It's pretty ezmode with braver and its broken combat escape.

wefwq
Apr 14, 2016, 03:24 AM
EQ? .

ZerotakerZX
Apr 14, 2016, 03:25 AM
What class are you using? It's pretty ezmode with braver and its broken combat escape.

I've tried FiHu, GuRA, BrHu and the best results I had with FiHu, cause it's my main class. I've heard of bravers trick, but it seems my damage output isn't high enough with katana.

oratank
Apr 14, 2016, 03:28 AM
if you felt for it then you should :p
if you don't then this thread should never exist

Qualia
Apr 14, 2016, 03:30 AM
This might sound silly, but try not getting hit.

I'm serious.

wefwq
Apr 14, 2016, 03:31 AM
I've tried FiHu, GuRA, BrHu and the best results I had with FiHu, cause it's my main class. I've heard of bravers trick, but it seems my damage output isn't high enough with katana.
Bring 1 Hu weapon to JG, even if you miss the JG window it'll still reduce damage taken by great amount.
Set your mag into support heal, automate will help a fuckton too.

And then, to remind the oldest trick of action game on the book:

Hit it until it dies, don't get hit.

Also, if you already able to deal decent amount of damage from get go, try to take DEF or HP buff instead of attack one.

SteveCZ
Apr 14, 2016, 03:33 AM
If all else fails, make a gear with tons of HP. That'll solve your problem. lol.

Ce'Nedra
Apr 14, 2016, 04:04 AM

Respec for Massive Hunter and IronWill+NeverGiveUp/Automate. MH lets you ignore flinching etc and reduces damage for 45 seconds which can save your ass big time when solo, automate will make sure you can keep attacking and don't have to stop to heal. Iron Will saves my ass more then that it fails so that is pretty much a permanent skill on any of my chars that sub HU and Never Give Up gives you an extra attack boost as well.

Just my two cents, never bothered with Solo XQ myself.

isCasted
Apr 14, 2016, 04:07 AM
I only cleared it once with Hu/Fi, but I'd say stage 10 depends on your gear a lot. With Fi/Hu, if you have some 13* Double Saber, it's a matter of timing Acro Effects and Kamaitachi right. Otherwise you can craft Elder Pain and spam Over End/Ride Slasher and keep Massive Hunter up as long as possible.

How I did it on Hu:
Stage 6: Adapt Spin/Heavenly Fall on Caterdrans, then go for Vol with Vol. Getting to the point of taking 0 damage doesn't take long.
Stage 7: Slide Shaker, Slide Shaker, Slide Shaker! Get rid of Elder's mobs, then Luther's, then Elder clone, then Luther clone, then nuke Hunar with Vol while he's in spawn animation. Explosion should kill Hunar instantly while dealing massive damage to Angel.
Stage 8: Maybe it's far from best strategy, but I just spammed Symphonic Drive on everything until only robokitty is left. Then I switched to Heavenly Fall.
Stage 9: Circle of shame ;_;
Stage 10: Immediately start off with Nifta and annihilate Council with something quick (like Assault Buster). Elder Pain through Anga. I don't see why Anga's WB should be much of a problem - even if you can't JG through its stun scream you still have more time to get out of the stun before WB hits you than in UQ (and that WB is singular).
When Dio appears while Anga is still not dead, it gets pretty harsh. Mainly watch out for Anga's lasers and balls, because they are rather random, and they stunlock you for much longer time than regular attacks. Dio's blade spam is easy to see because of sunction and blades appearing right above you.
PD is rather simple. Dodging during SatCan is an absolute must. I could tank Over End with Massive Hunter on.

toragyo
Apr 14, 2016, 04:08 AM
What is your gear like for FiHu? Automate or Iron Will w/ Massive Hunter is good like the poster before said.

If all else fails, make a gear with tons of HP. That'll solve your problem. lol.

Honestly, this isn't really a good idea unless you aren't sacrificing attack for HP. Sure, you will live everything but you can just demolish everything with damage before things even get to be a problem and you don't really need 13*s to do so. Not everyone has spare meseta for another gear set as well.

If you really wanted to clear, you could do it but it's just an unnecessary burden on yourself.

SteveCZ
Apr 14, 2016, 04:34 AM
Honestly, this isn't really a good idea unless you aren't sacrificing attack for HP. Sure, you will live everything but you can just demolish everything with damage before things even get to be a problem and you don't really need 13*s to do so. Not everyone has spare meseta for another gear set as well.

If you really wanted to clear, you could do it but it's just an unecessary burden on yourself.

I've seen people died with 0 hp gears, thinking they can handle it yet.
Some people are not patient enough to die that much to practice (or not enough passes), so I'm offering the easier way, rather than wasting points on automate halfline and playing with life steal weapons when you can learn without them.

The guy even mentioned that he failed using Br/Hu that has super invincibility thing in the tree and op just guard where everything can die just by playing defensively.

I'm pretty sure HP gear cost does not cost much.

toragyo
Apr 14, 2016, 04:55 AM
I've seen people died with 0 hp gears, thinking they can handle it yet.
Some people are not patient enough to die that much to practice (or not enough passes), so I'm offering the easier way, rather than wasting points on automate halfline and playing with life steal weapons when you can learn without them.

The guy even mentioned that he failed using Br/Hu that has super invincibility thing in the tree and op just guard where everything can die just by playing defensively.

I'm pretty sure HP gear cost does not cost much.

Wouldn't really call Automate a waste of points since it's good to have even as an offensive skill outside of Solo XQ and you don't really lose damage for it except for the somewhat small S-Atk you could get in the tree instead but lifesteal is terrible, yeah.

OP said that BrHu wasn't his main so that could just be lack of experience with the class (and could also be less geared but we don't know that yet) rather than not playing well enough for the quest.

Regular HP boosts are 1m each and affixing with 5 fodders on an 11* unit set is also near 1m. 6m isn't much but some people do not want to spend that just for 1 quest.

TyroneSama
Apr 14, 2016, 04:58 AM
Solo XQ isn't difficult or complicated, especially on Br/Hu or Hu/Fi: it's probably just simple mistakes you're making. Post a video?

...rather than wasting points on automate halfline...
Halfline's really good for uptime in combination with Massive Hunter or armored PAs, and the Hunter tree is hardly cramped. I wouldn't call it a waste at all.

SteveCZ
Apr 14, 2016, 05:20 AM
Sorry if I offended Automate Halfline users, but my opinion stands still. If I'd rather choose, it's either lifesteal or Automate Halfline, but not both. Automate Halfline would be the very least I'd ever have, cause lifesteal weapons can be hunted or bought. It takes only 1 palette and it's not hard to heal and recover while attacking, without depending on 10-points worth of a skill. Again, not like Lifesteal weapons, they don't take 10 points and I won't need both at the same time.

Anyway, that'd be another topic/thread if you want to debate with me about this Automate Halfline being a waste or not.

By the topic, this guy can have his choice whether he wants to spend small amount of cash or skill points. He got tons of good opinions he can freely pick, no point arguing on each other ideas.

nguuuquaaa
Apr 14, 2016, 05:22 AM
You could just make an HP build and bulldozer through everything, even with Limit Break :wacko:

[spoiler-box]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbWkXg03Q-g[/spoiler-box]

^ sacrifice damage (like, a lot) for life steal? No thanks, I need it only when soloing Anga in UQ.

SteveCZ
Apr 14, 2016, 05:27 AM
^ sacrifice damage (like, a lot) for life steal? No thanks, I need it only when soloing Anga in UQ.

Some people already wasted damage like a lot by taking automate halfline, permanently. This topic is about the OP can't handle the solo XQ.

You don't always have to wear the life steal, you switch to that palette and heal, and switch back again. Won't take 5 seconds. I'm pretty sure some people would be aware of that.

Good players won't need lifesteal and automate halfline. But again, the case is about this OP can't handle the solo XQ.
He wants life steal, he wants automate halfline (or both), or he decides to make HP build until he plays better (which I'd rather have him to do this), it's up to him.

TaigaUC
Apr 14, 2016, 06:16 AM
You're running out of potions on PD?

I use Star Atomizers to heal in between stages, to conserve my potions.
PD always says the same thing before they do the one shot, and I think it has a short cooldown so your best time to attack is probably right after it.

ZerotakerZX
Apr 14, 2016, 06:37 AM
That thread got intense fast, just like my XQ attempts.
All those tips was really helpfull, but the best recipe was to use HuFi with Elder Pain. I just reversed my trees, without optimizting Hu for main, but it still worked.
I'm fammiliar with the sword as the weapon so I know which PAs to use for general purpose. I maintained sacrafice bite and spammed Over End, when things were getting to intense. PD managed to almost kill me 2 times anyway, but Iron Will was there for me. In the end I was able to finish it, even with decent DPS, ranged between 15k and 25k. I think if I'll craft Elder Pain for Fi to wield I could even farm this quest for stuff.
I'm still not sure if I should be ashamed, since it's a bit of a cheaty way to do this, but I'm still satisfied, so thank you all for your thoughts. My final time is 14 min btw.

Bellion
Apr 14, 2016, 06:38 AM
A strong double saber with a decently ground DS Kamaitachi ring makes the quest significantly simpler if you don't already have those. It really is the key to completing the Solo XQ as a Fi/Hu with the least amount of difficulty.

If you have the resources to spare, look into a Coat Doublis DS with the darker abberation potential with Ultimate Buster as that will allow you to kill the last 3 bosses as quickly as possible when you've got a greatly buffed innate Zanverse as well.

Congratulations on your victory

TehCubey
Apr 14, 2016, 06:52 AM
Solo XQ is a matter of good gear and practice. And by former I mean 13*s, while by latter - solo XQ practice, because it's different than typical PSO2 content with high damage, low HP enemies. Knowing enemy tells and environment awareness of course helps a lot, allowing you not to get hit. But it's still not like usual solo quests and definitely not like 12/12 MPAs.

I know a few decent players who didn't manage to clear heaven and hell XQ yet because they weren't ready. Nothing wrong with that. Don't think of hardships encountered as failure. Think of them as a learning opportunity.

SteveCZ
Apr 14, 2016, 06:58 AM
^ pretty much this.

And grats on your (first?) victory.

Altiea
Apr 14, 2016, 07:30 AM
Solo XQ is a matter of good gear and practice. And by former I mean 13*s

Now I feel like I shouldn't even be wasting my XQ Passes with an 11* kit.

FireswordRus
Apr 14, 2016, 07:44 AM
6:41 as Fi/Hu
https://youtu.be/uNtjS2icONU?t=5276
Topict starter forgot about time ability for XQ (+90 HP per unit), Cuisine, rings and u can always use full def build from Hu with automate.

oldest solo run with old units, and i am dont use def build

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMjHX8JJqPU

final_attack
Apr 14, 2016, 09:26 AM
PD managed to almost kill me 2 times anyway, but Iron Will was there for me. In the end I was able to finish it, even with decent DPS, ranged between 15k and 25k. I think if I'll craft Elder Pain for Fi to wield I could even farm this quest for stuff.
I'm still not sure if I should be ashamed, since it's a bit of a cheaty way to do this, but I'm still satisfied, so thank you all for your thoughts. My final time is 14 min btw.

Do you have JG SonicArrow?
You can just JG PD to the death (just need to evade SatCan beams).
Just tried it earlier, since this thread made me wanna test my hopefully-I-can-tank-things-HuSu and Seiga Sword (just got it to Lv3 pot earlier, was Lv1) ._.
With JG HP recover and JG PP gain, it's free recovery from a lot of attacks.

Qualia
Apr 14, 2016, 11:37 AM
Can't help but notice the focus on one type of class throughout this. Wonder what that says.

It says that tech and ranged classes are far less forgiving when taking damage.

Bellion
Apr 14, 2016, 11:44 AM
The OP does claim to be a Fi/Hu main. I think that would be the main focus.

MightyHarken
Apr 15, 2016, 02:39 PM
I completed it with ra/hu at 75/75. You need to learn the pattern, also you NEED TO COMPLETE THE CHALLENGES. Failing to complete them will nerf your weapons damage. One thing I did learn though, KILL ANGA ASAP before hunar spawns,

Gestriden
Apr 15, 2016, 02:44 PM
I have never cleared it solo myself so it's ok, furth6est I got was to 65 before I absolutely needed help, I'm a BR/HU dunno how well they can fair in it but it was fun and good practice.

Altiea
Apr 15, 2016, 03:49 PM
I have never cleared it solo myself so it's ok, furth6est I got was to 65 before I absolutely needed help, I'm a BR/HU dunno how well they can fair in it but it was fun and good practice.

I think you're thinking of the normal XQs, not the Solo XQ.

the_importer_
Apr 16, 2016, 06:55 AM
As a Fo/Te, I made as far as Anga which I couldn't take down once Dio arrived, they were fucking damage sponges.

TehCubey
Apr 16, 2016, 10:22 AM
Anga is a DPS check. If you cleared the stage 9 order (and you always should clear stage orders in solo XQ) and are using the appropriate weapon/element and you still can't kill Anga before Dio spawns - then it means your gear is simply not good enough yet.

AlphaBlob
Apr 16, 2016, 10:35 AM
The council six pretty much rekt me each time. I couldn't manage to get pass that yet.

[Ayumi]
Apr 16, 2016, 10:51 AM
This whole topic is kind of making me very wary of ever trying to attempt the solo XQ.

TaigaUC
Apr 16, 2016, 11:07 AM
Well, there's my crappy incomplete guide for anyone who hasn't read it yet:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231734

My personal experience is that you can die very quickly even with moderately high defensive gear.
With that in mind, it's probably better to go full damage and try to burn stuff down without getting hit.

On the final mission, a good Photon Blast should easily take out the Arks.
Then it's just a matter of killing Anga ASAP without dying.
It usually does the bend over lasers first, and once it revives, does the huge range swinging attacks.
You'll still have to learn how to avoid Dio Hunar's and Persona's major attacks.
Watch out for Dio Hunar's lightning arrows, long range lasers, huge explosion, suck-in attack, etc.
For Persona, watch out for light pillar stuns and the Over End which will always one shot.

Kole
Apr 16, 2016, 12:58 PM
I just can't kill anga fast enough personally. Probably cause my atk is under 3k

Macman
Apr 16, 2016, 01:03 PM
;3347440']This whole topic is kind of making me very wary of ever trying to attempt the solo XQ.

Don't bother unless you want a nigh-invisible sticker or the title. The rewards are not worth the cost and risk.

Saffran
Apr 16, 2016, 02:02 PM
but it's a row of ??? less in the title menu!

Must... get... titles...

Altiea
Apr 16, 2016, 02:32 PM
but it's a row of ??? less in the title menu!

Must... get... titles...

It's 100% completion syndrome!

Oughtto
Apr 16, 2016, 03:16 PM
Here is my super advanced highly technical guide on how to just clear solo XQ.

(Short background: I normally play Ranger as a no-guard facetanking class. That unfortunately results in a shortage of monomates in solo XQ, so I switched to the guren tessen class just for this quest. It has super armor, invincibility, autoaim, mobility and an optional guard button that deals damage. I had actually barely touched Braver before that, only having the class leveled up while using gunslashes. In other words, the strategy presented in this guide and its execution are extremely complicated.)

Before quest start: change class combination to Braver/Hunter

Stage 6: Guren tessen all the things, or sakura end for more precise weakpoint order clearing

Stage 7: guren all the things

Stage 8: guren all the things, or only one group at a time if fighting all the bosses at once isn't desired

Stage 9: guren the two things, maybe with katana combat escape turned on for the stage order

Stage 10: guren the people things, guren the anga thing, guren the dio thing, guren the person thing, maybe don't get hit by the person thing's big sword

optional: time combat finish with the caterdrans elongating to finish them all (or most, or one, or none) off at once for cool points
optional: switch to bow with massive hunter for banish kamikaze against big things like ultimate cats and bears and the anga thing
optional: activate the julius nifta photon blast right before or after the stage 10 teleporter to group up all the people things
recommended: have combat escape active while going on the offensive against the final person thing; either save it up until then or just run around like a coward for it to cool down

Thank you for taking the time to read through the entirety of this guide.

AlphaBlob
Apr 16, 2016, 03:20 PM

(Short background: I normally play Ranger as a no-guard facetanking class. That unfortunately results in a shortage of monomates in solo XQ, so I switched to the guren tessen class just for this quest. It has super armor, invincibility, autoaim, mobility and an optional guard button that deals damage. I had actually barely touched Braver before that, only having the class leveled up while using gunslashes. In other words, the strategy presented in this guide and its execution are extremely complicated.)

Stage 6: Guren tessen all the things, or sakura end for more precise weakpoint order clearing

Stage 8: guren all the things, or only one group at a time if fighting all the bosses at once isn't desired

Stage 9: guren the two things, maybe with katana combat escape turned on for the stage order

Stage 10: guren the people things, guren the anga thing, guren the dio thing, guren the person thing, maybe don't get hit by the person thing's big sword

optional: time combat finish with the caterdrans elongating to finish them all (or most, or one, or none) off at once for cool points
optional: switch to bow with massive hunter for banish kamikaze against big things like ultimate cats and bears and the anga thing
optional: activate the julius nifta photon blast right before or after the stage 10 teleporter to group up all the people things
recommended: have combat escape active while going on the offensive against the final person thing; either save it up until then or just run around like a coward for it to cool down

10/10

Sriracha X
Apr 16, 2016, 03:27 PM

An amazing post for one's first post on the forums. Kudos :D

the_importer_
Apr 17, 2016, 11:40 AM
Anga is a DPS check. If you cleared the stage 9 order (and you always should clear stage orders in solo XQ) and are using the appropriate weapon/element and you still can't kill Anga before Dio spawns - then it means your gear is simply not good enough yet.

Well I didn't expect it to rise after killing it twice, so that didn't help. That being said, have you ever cleared Solo XQ with a Fo/Te? In some cases, it's a 1 hit kill if you get caught.

milranduil
Apr 17, 2016, 06:36 PM

It's a gear and skill/knowledge test, with skill/knowledge being more important imo. I've failed stage9 before as fote, so I had to use rod the whole time for anga/dio/PD. It took a bit longer to complete, but because of how familiar I am with anga/pd tells, I was still able to complete with ease (and even barely kill anga before PD spawned, despite talis bonus being gone :wacko:). Gear and completing stages definitely helps, but if you are garbage at using talis correctly and don't know anga tells especially, you will get your ass pounded.

The council six pretty much rekt me each time. I couldn't manage to get pass that yet.

use nifta.

Well I didn't expect it to rise after killing it twice, so that didn't help. That being said, have you ever cleared Solo XQ with a Fo/Te? In some cases, it's a 1 hit kill if you get caught.

Use hp units. Power beyond weapons, their affixes, and correct skill tree is unnecessary for solo xq as fote.

the_importer_
Apr 17, 2016, 10:17 PM
Use hp units. Power beyond weapons, their affixes, and correct skill tree is unnecessary for solo xq as fote.

Not spending 1 meseta on making HP units just for this cheap quest, I'm not going for a full set of Title Rewards.

Bellion
Apr 17, 2016, 10:50 PM
Use a Fire/Light Fo/Te build with a good Light Talis and Rod so that things die before you can even get hit.
Fire Talis is nice to have as well, but not necessary.
A properly equipped Fo/Te has the easiest time in the Solo XQ out of every other class combination with the best equipment you could possibly have.

As long as you pay attention to your weapon being boosted by 80%, you should be able to complete it as any class without too much trouble, though.

Tenlade
Apr 18, 2016, 12:34 AM
Can't help but notice the focus on one type of class throughout this. Wonder what that says.

I tried this as a te/br when it first came out and all it took was just getting caught in one combo to get completely murdered. Even with a maxed out austure light wand i couldnt take down anga fast enough to stop it before dio spawned. then anga decided to spam going upside down and smacking me until it finally hit and that was all it took for dio to kill me at the same time.
te/hu might have an easier time ,especially with the attack advance and tech charge parry rings, but id rather not make a new skill tree just for one quest.