Fan Link Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/fireswordmrm
Fan Link Facebook: Coming Soon
Fan Link Nico Nico 1: Coming Soon
Fan Link Nico Nico 2: Coming Soon
Fan Link Nico Nico 3: Coming Soon

Topics

The latest information on EPISODE 4.
Informations about June update.
Details about the Sakura Wars collaboration!
Revelation of a new collaboration.
4th Anniversary Celebration Details.
Details about the next PSO2 the Animation Blu-ray&DVD
Celebration Details on PSO2es hitting the 1.5m Downloads.
New Challenge for Ichitaro.
Corner of Questions and Answers (If you are interested on sending a question, be sure to participate via PSO2's Official Twitter hashtag. Don't send a question on English)

-------------------

Videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNFgg5KvGcw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZUL5h5kf28

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHKua4acU0M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pvM_mYCcUE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk8ORW52gDs&feature=youtu.be

黒雪Yacchi
Apr 16, 2016, 07:14 PM
Heh, it's on my birthday :D

Manta Oyamada
May 12, 2016, 06:22 AM
update

oratank
May 12, 2016, 06:29 AM
Details about the Sakura Wars collaboration! (´;∀;`)b

EvilMag
May 12, 2016, 06:31 AM
time to flood them with questions on why they made yamato battleship a joke.

NephyrisX
May 12, 2016, 06:54 AM
What's the reception on the Yamato EQ on the Japan's side? I am guessing lukewarm at best and mediocre on average.

Zeroem
May 12, 2016, 06:59 AM
time to flood them with questions on why they made yamato battleship a joke.

Maybe because the Imperial Seal was removed? :wacko:

TaigaUC
May 12, 2016, 10:19 AM
Comments on the JP swiki didn't seem particularly pleased.

I like how there is nothing on the list in regards to new gameplay modes or anything.
Collabo! Collabo! Collabo! Celebraaaaation!
I can imagine the devs just lounging around being high all the time.

I mean, when you think about it, Yamato took them over 6? months to make.
But it seriously feels like something they could have thrown together in a few days.

SteveCZ
May 12, 2016, 10:54 AM
Topics
The latest information on EPISODE 4.
Informations about June update.
Details about the Sakura Wars collaboration!
Revelation of a new collaboration.
4th Anniversary Celebration Details.
Details about the next PSO2 the Animation Blu-ray&DVD
Celebration Details on PSO2es hitting the 1.5m Downloads.
New Challenge for Ichitaro.
Corner of Questions and Answers (If you are interested on sending a question, be sure to participate via PSO2's Official Twitter hashtag. Don't send a question on English)

Sorry guys can't help it. Sakura Wars wins this broadcast for me. (hopefully it's nice LOL). :roll:

Raujinn
May 12, 2016, 11:23 AM
I mean, when you think about it, Yamato took them over 6? months to make.
But it seriously feels like something they could have thrown together in a few days.

Hard to pin an exact development time. It first showed up in the data last July though. This suggests it was being developed in tandem with Tokyo, but who knows how consistently dedicated their time was. May have been on-off a lot.

FireswordRus
May 12, 2016, 11:58 AM
Mirrors
https://gaming.youtube.com/c/Fireuniverse/live
https://www.twitch.tv/fireswordmrm

Zorak000
May 12, 2016, 12:39 PM
can someone ask if they could take a good hard look at Emergency Quests and how most of the game's gearing issues seem to revolve around them (as in; how risky pugs can be, how little control we have to do anything on our own schedule, how they have been hesitating to make any truly challenging EQs since magatsu at launch)

I mean they are probably too commited to the EQ structure to open their eyes to any sort of alternative at this point, but we shouldn't just give up when we can still bug them about it

also yeah yamato could have been "done" for quite a while, they just had to book it into their update schedule; the same is probably true for Odin

edit2: man I would love to see them make the collab something like Macross Delta, just so I could see people get salty over it

EvilMag
May 12, 2016, 12:47 PM
My only question is what the fuck happened to Ultimate Amdusica? has it been scrapped?

Zorak000
May 12, 2016, 12:50 PM
I think it's still there, but it might just still be an unreasonable time out; it might not follow the same format as the other two since it'd be weird to have a 3rd stone type that isnt needed for austere or anything; not to mention the whole collection file junk seemingly pushing stones out of the picture now(?)

I'm just wondering why they would tease us by making the next update's banner "all of the dragonkin bosses"

EvilMag
May 12, 2016, 12:53 PM
Does FFXIV have a lot of dragon bosses? They seem to always have a theme going with the collab boss LQ.

Altiea
May 12, 2016, 01:21 PM
Does FFXIV have a lot of dragon bosses? They seem to always have a theme going with the collab boss LQ.

The series as a whole doesn't have that many dragons, except for Bahamut, who is the series' quintissential dragon. VII and IX come to mind when talking about dragons, but the former had like, five versions of Bahamut, while IX had, well, "dragonkin", simply put.

sesiom000
May 12, 2016, 01:25 PM
This game is dying so fast...
I like how this is game is literally full of players and at the same time its "dead".

The game outside of EQ is dead basically, you play 30 min of humiliating a boss and then you turn off the game and go play something else because there is no content outside of doing EQ and no one is doing the other stuff like level up quest, because there is no reason of doing them since you get all the 13* by playing the EQ and you get a week worthy of excubes just from an EQ run.

The EQ destroyed the game completely its so monotonous nowadays its just: Turn On pso2>EQ>Dailys>turn off PSO2 every single day since they added the last gameplay value that was ultimate lilipa.

The game is Dead and its full of players (facepalm), its unbelievable i know...Many developers would dream of having the huge community that Pso2 has and its unforgivable what SEGA is doing letting this awesome game die like this, hell this game even had a graphical update witch was basically a waste for us old players that kept the game from dying since the beginning.

I bet im not the only one that feels the urge to play PSO2 post EQ but cant, instead it forces me to play when SEGA wants with all this scheduled crap...
Everything is scheduled in this game: EQ, TA, XQ, Gathering, Featured, Dailys...You cant play when you want its really SAD...

I hate how the game is right now, sure we get the weapons a lot easier but why would i want the weapons if there is nothing to do with them.
Its not like Monster Hunter that you got to get a new weapon and gear to fight a bigger Boss to get ever better Gear to defeat the even bigger boss...NO...Instead you get gear to do Featured Quests in normal difficulty killing lvl 5 enemies or killing Dark Falz Arms that we have been killing in 4 years now...

And i bet this broad cast will be more Collaboration bullcrap and no gameplay value in it, its being like that for ages...
Im still waiting for lvl 80 im stuck at lvl 75 for more than a year...

Reborn my ass!

TaigaUC
May 12, 2016, 01:56 PM
I already complained about the challenge and eq/content issues in the enquete.

Someone said a while ago in one of the livestream threads that Ultimate Amduscia was confirmed cancelled.
I didn't watch the whole steam so I dunno if it was mentioned there.
But the fact is that Ultimate is so boring that virtually nobody's doing it. Ultimate Amd wouldn't save episode 4.

Man, I hope the rest of episode 4's content isn't just collabo battle stuff like Odin.
Sakura Wars collab EQ mimicking a Sakura Wars boss fight!
Stuff like that. That would be sad as hell.

The whole Tokyo -> Yamato (obvious Kancolle influence) makes me feel like...
Perhaps they intentionally steered the game towards modern-ish Earth so they can blatantly copy stuff they can't strike collab deals on.
If the next area is indeed the Wild West... what popular franchise would they be ripping off?

Altiea
May 12, 2016, 02:25 PM
Remind me why UQ is boring? I seem to be one of the few people who finds enjoyment in playing it with a Multi-Party.

Raujinn
May 12, 2016, 02:33 PM
As far as I know there is no confirmation that Ultimate Amduscia was cancelled.

Z-0
May 12, 2016, 02:50 PM
UQ is "boring" because it's literally just running around in circles hitting stuff mindlessly. Since it's random content, it gets old fast since you're unable to play around with randomly generated content unlike set content.

Also I'm pretty sure the EQ system is exactly how they want the game to be. People are addicted enough to play on their schedule, which makes things slower > keeps people playing > more money. $_$

Strictly speaking also, we're not supposed to know about Ultimate Amduscia -- I am pretty sure the PSO2 team has said nothing concerning it.

Cyber Meteor
May 12, 2016, 03:05 PM
I'm just wondering why they would tease us by making the next update's banner "all of the dragonkin bosses"

Well, that's because we'll get "boosted version of existing bosses" as it's said in the roadmap, and it seems to include all of the non-EQ only bosses, but maybe it'll include Loser, Elder and Magatsu too. PD, DOuble, and free field bosses are pretty much confirmed, the 2 firsts by the trailer, the last by the banner.

EDIT : For UQ Amduscia, i'm pretty convinced it's because for UQ Nab and Lillipa , we waited respectively 11 months and 8 months before getting the story about them. So now it's possible they want to have the release of a new UQ with story board events involving it too

FireswordRus
May 12, 2016, 04:19 PM
I already complained about the challenge and eq/content issues in the enquete.

Someone said a while ago in one of the livestream threads that Ultimate Amduscia was confirmed cancelled.
I didn't watch the whole steam so I dunno if it was mentioned there.
But the fact is that Ultimate is so boring that virtually nobody's doing it. Ultimate Amd wouldn't save episode 4.

Man, I hope the rest of episode 4's content isn't just collabo battle stuff like Odin.
Sakura Wars collab EQ mimicking a Sakura Wars boss fight!
Stuff like that. That would be sad as hell.

The whole Tokyo -> Yamato (obvious Kancolle influence) makes me feel like...
Perhaps they intentionally steered the game towards modern-ish Earth so they can blatantly copy stuff they can't strike collab deals on.
If the next area is indeed the Wild West... what popular franchise would they be ripping off?

All true, for getting fun i am run UQ, sometimes i am meet 1-2 ppl, who are doing order for compound techniques, i am always try help them - it is part of my fun.
Other part - soloXQ, but i am done 100 times(not stages)

need next stage, like 1st EXP table after 50 LV. I am hope, what Odin dont die with 5 min or PD can oneshot even me.

I play by inertia, DO,TACO,TO. it is all bored

Zorak000
May 12, 2016, 05:12 PM
UQ is "boring" because it's literally just running around in circles hitting stuff mindlessly. Since it's random content, it gets old fast since you're unable to play around with randomly generated content unlike set content.its less this and more this:
ULT is dead because people already grinded it and why go farm ULT when the best weps/stones drop from eq only. Back when ares was the only 13* ULT was filled all they time, now most people have ares or better who ran it like crazy.
hence why people were actually running it during the last boost week; mainly to just stock up on ares stones to either fill in gaps in their equipment, to boost element on their austere weapon since 2015 badges had stopped by then I think, and to stock up on Blast Parfaits for summoner; if anything that boost week killed Tokyo MPAs lol

Also I'm pretty sure the EQ system is exactly how they want the game to be. People are addicted enough to play on their schedule, which makes things slower > keeps people playing > more money. $_$ but people aren't playing; they are just AFKing for EQs, taking up server resources and bandwidth. if the EQ content was always available, but after X amount of runs you stop getting EXP/Drops for the week, people will keep playing and then log out. Taking up less server resources, and cutting down on server-related expenses; while people that aren't around for the inital weekly EQ rush can still call in their friends that already did them to help out.

Raujinn
May 12, 2016, 06:34 PM
The notable benefit to that system is you still get to optimize those runs without the rest of the player-base feeling like they're being left out because they're not getting 15 times less reward than an organised group. Downside is there's little reward for optimization aside it's own reward, which may not be enough for some people. You'd also have the downside of swapping out "waiting for EQ time" with "waiting for a group to form" time. Essentially the issues cmode pubbing had... Remember the advantage of the EQ system is it does speed up group formation _considerably_.

Perfect? No. Better than what we got at the moment? It's hard to say without trying such a system out.

Meteor Weapon
May 12, 2016, 07:21 PM
Also for the fact that RDR and triboost stuck on character holding hostage on us, we can't go out without wasting boost timer.

SteveCZ
May 12, 2016, 10:09 PM
but people aren't playing; they are just AFKing for EQs, taking up server resources and bandwidth. if the EQ content was always available, but after X amount of runs you stop getting EXP/Drops for the week, people will keep playing and then log out. Taking up less server resources, and cutting down on server-related expenses; while people that aren't around for the inital weekly EQ rush can still call in their friends that already did them to help out.

What he's saying is from SEGA's point of view, not Player's point of view.
Everyone, I mean everyone still logs in because of the EQ, no matter how boring the game is already outside of the EQs for some players.
That's the whole idea. That's the money right there. That's what SEGA wants (and so far it works, all the time).

reaper527
May 13, 2016, 01:23 AM
so what city is this live broadcast happening in, and is it open to the public or is it streaming only? i'll be in japan when the broadcast is happening, and would love to go in person if it's open to the public.

TaigaUC
May 13, 2016, 02:31 AM
Ult does feel like mindless running around to me.
But people have already farmed it to death, too. Its primary draw was the 13 stars.
Now that there are 13 stars everywhere, why do Ultimate unless you want something specific?

And beyond that, most people already have decent enough gear that there's no point spending tons of time farming for a very slight situational upgrade.
Even when they do add new content to play around with your fancy new gear, it's usually a rare scheduled thing you only get to play a few times a week anyway.

Random semi sleep-deprived babbling about Ultimate bosses:
[spoiler-box]I personally also don't like the Ultimate bosses. They feel like their animations are erratic, lacking weight.
It feels like they spasm all over the place or disappear off-camera easily, all whilst filling the screen with rubbish to the point where I can't really see anything.
There's also no real weight or meaning to their appearance. Everyone's farming for Anga or stones, so they just want to get rid of the bosses quickly.
Well, I guess you could say that about most bosses in PSO2.
I just feel like I have fond memories of Ragne posing a threat in City EQ.

I enjoy fighting bosses in Dark Souls. They telegraph attacks, but they have such a large amount of attacks and patterns that you need to learn and master them all.
Most Dark Souls series bosses don't constantly fly/jump fast across the screen or cover the screen with effects so that I can't see anything.
From what I've played of Ultimate (maybe 200 runs in total?), I didn't learn much of the Ultimate boss patterns.
Mostly because I'm busy dealing with trash or the screen is filled with crap and I can't see anything.
There's also the fact that most bosses you face in PSO2 will be when you have 11 people backing you up, making boss fights trivial.

I know how to deal with Diabo or whatever his name is, because of Challenge Quest.
For Bayari and the mammoth, I just lock onto their head area weak point and Symphonic Drive.
That's about it. I personally don't find Diabo fun to fight anyway. Hard to hit. As a melee character, anyway.
I know the Mecha Banthers behave somewhat like Banthers, who have also always been annoying.

Solo XQ has a bunch of those bosses, but it feels like...
If I get hit by them once or twice, I will die. If I don't kill them quickly, more will spawn.
So I try to burn them down as quickly as possible, usually via stunlock.
That's also not very fun. I can't enjoy the actual boss fight that way.
For comparison, bosses in Dark Souls are more about being patient without screwing up. Not rush rush rush rush rush.
They're also varied enough so that it doesn't feel like I'm repeating a pattern for a long, long time.
I dunno. Somehow, most of the PSO2 bosses just aren't as fun.

If I recall correctly, back before they nerfed Snow/Fang Banthers, their hitbox was so big that you could get hit while standing behind them if they leapt forward.
Their leap attack timing was so tight that there was no time to get attacks in, only dodge their leaps repeatedly for extended periods of time.
That was not fun. So I'm not really a fan of bosses like that.

PSO2 doesn't really provide many situations to learn and train to master a boss, either.
If you're soloing and you die to a Free Field final boss, you usually have to restart and run through the whole map again.
If you're playing in a group, group dynamics make bosses trivial.
If you're doing an EQ, there's no time, so you want to get a boss killed quickly.
Etc, etc. It all takes away from the fun of fighting bosses.
[/spoiler-box]

Z-0
May 13, 2016, 03:20 AM
hence why people were actually running it during the last boost week; mainly to just stock up on ares stones to either fill in gaps in their equipment, to boost element on their
yes, exactly, nobody actually runs any content in PSO2 because it's fun content, but because it has incentives.

Meteor Weapon
May 13, 2016, 03:29 AM
Ultimate Quest would've been fine as single party quest with a long area and absolutely difficult obstacles with huge reward like PSO and they'd just have to use Advance Quest/Time Attack template which was already fine as it is, but they just had to blew it away with a 12 MPA running around in circles crap which gets really old fast. The word Ultimate was supposed to be something entirely different from the rest of the quest and absolutely high end challenge, but that term is meaningless in this game. Sure you could just Solo the current Ultimate Quest just for the hell of it, but it gets boring very easily with running around in circles with no goal but kill kill kill and collect points.

I'd just wish they'd revamp Ultimate Quest soon, they could have easily done it if they really wanted it. Make 4 non randomized maps and a boss in each area with a final boss room and they have themselves a true Ultimate Quest.

Maninbluejumpsuit
May 13, 2016, 04:24 AM
yes, exactly, nobody actually runs any content in PSO2 because it's fun content, but because it has incentives.

This is why I quoted myself :/

As frustrating as pugs can be, I find TD1, 3, and 4 fun.

Xaeris
May 13, 2016, 05:06 AM
Incentives and fun aren't mutually exclusive. They're actually complementary. A skinner box that yields rewards, but isn't actually enjoyable to operate will generate countless complaints among a player base and will eventually fail to retain an adequate amount of players. Online gaming is absolutely littered with examples of this, but to pick one that's not particularly contentious: garrisons in WoW. Sure, there's plenty of reason and reward to keep up with dispatching your followers on assignments, but the fact that it's basically a Facebook game drove numerous players to the forums with complaints and is likely a primary cause of the game's unprecedented decline in subs.

On the other hand, strange as it is, gamers don't get very much mileage out of "fun" content if there's no stick to chase after. I could point to WoW again, but variety and spice and all that. During the ARR era of FFXIV, the development implemented the Savage difficulty for raiding in the expansion's (not sure if ARR really counts as an expansion but w/e) second raid. Initially it had no new loot; just unique titles. Otherwise, it was everything raid oriented players were asking for. Attendence. Was. Shit. Then they added loot to Savage and then hey whaddya know, people aren't busy on raid night anymore.

Ultimately what I'm saying is that a game's reliance on incentives isn't necessarily a bad thing, and it's certainly not unique to Sega's game design. Any online RPG that isn't a sandbox has at least a few Skinner boxes incorporated into its design. What's important is how fun it is to operate them and how well they're disguised. In my opinion, Sega usually does a good job with the former and a...middling job with the latter, i.e., i love all the big boss EQs, and stones are obvious drip feed. A satisfactory combination. This time though, they did a crap job with the former and an abysmal job with the latter, i.e., Yamato is friggin' dull and it's obnoxiously obvious the player is beholden to the EQ schedule to get anything out of it.

Edit: salty as we are, they've apparently broken their login record with this update, so this seems like an "old man yells at cloud" problem.

TaigaUC
May 13, 2016, 05:25 AM
Well the thing is a lot of recent games don't try to be fun, they try to keep people paying and playing.
Then they can boast about how it has 999 gameplay hours.
They don't tell you that most of that time is the same shit over and over, just to get a trophy or something.
Or they let people pay money to make the experience less shitty. That is definitely not fun.

My point being, if they focused more on making fun content, it'd definitely yield a better result than constantly giving us new incentives to do stuff that almost nobody is enjoying.

One of the things that impressed me about WoW was that they removed a lot of shit other games had that really pissed people off.
You know, losing tons of EXP on death, dropping equip on death, being needlessly punished in various ways. Everybody else just copied each other without changing anything.
WoW was a step in the right direction. But WoW also focused heavily on carrot-on-a-stick, fine tuned to the very pinpoint of player borderline patience.
Like I said before though, WoW's new incentives often came with new content. That's so much better than being told to go do old boring shit again.

Breaking log-in record doesn't mean much.
You can get 13 stars pretty easily, and people who like Kancolle, Yamato, etc. are likely to have popped in to try it out.
There hasn't been much to do in episode 4 prior to this EQ.
And of course the influx of PS4 users, and people who liked the anime.
These are all reasons why there's a new login record.
It doesn't mean the actual content is good or that most people are enjoying it.

What I want to see is how quickly new players will get sick of the game when the new content is this lacking.
That's not something we'll know immediately. And SEGA will definitey not announce it.

I wonder how many people decided to try PSO2 after watching the anime, only to think "this is nothing like the anime".
I haven't seen the anime, so I can't really imagine. Just seen people here saying "I wish we got THAT Apprentice!"

Maninbluejumpsuit
May 13, 2016, 05:34 AM
Incentives and fun aren't mutually exclusive. They're actually complementary. A skinner box that yields rewards, but isn't actually enjoyable to operate will generate countless complaints among a player base and will eventually fail to retain an adequate amount of players. Online gaming is absolutely littered with examples of this, but to pick one that's not particularly contentious: garrisons in WoW. Sure, there's plenty of reason and reward to keep up with dispatching your followers on assignments, but the fact that it's basically a Facebook game drove numerous players to the forums with complaints and is likely a primary cause of the game's unprecedented decline in subs.

On the other hand, strange as it is, gamers don't get very much mileage out of "fun" content if there's no stick to chase after. I could point to WoW again, but variety and spice and all that. During the ARR era of FFXIV, the development implemented the Savage difficulty for raiding in the expansion's (not sure if ARR really counts as an expansion but w/e) second raid. Initially it had no new loot; just unique titles. Otherwise, it was everything raid oriented players were asking for. Attendence. Was. Shit. Then they added loot to Savage and then hey whaddya know, people aren't busy on raid night anymore.

Ultimately what I'm saying is that a game's reliance on incentives isn't necessarily a bad thing, and it's certainly not unique to Sega's game design. Any online RPG that isn't a sandbox has at least a few Skinner boxes incorporated into its design. What's important is how fun it is to operate them and how well they're disguised. In my opinion, Sega usually does a good job with the former and a...middling job with the latter, i.e., i love all the big boss EQs, and stones are obvious drip feed. A satisfactory combination. This time though, they did a crap job with the former and an abysmal job with the latter, i.e., Yamato is friggin' dull and it's obnoxiously obvious the player is beholden to the EQ schedule to get anything out of it.

Edit: salty as we are, they've apparently broken their login record with this update, so this seems like an "old man yells at cloud" problem.

We're just not seeing much of a balance in PSO2.

Most EQs = run in circle, wipe out spawns. Get cubes, and maybe something decent. No risk. No chance of failure.

Incentives are there, but the gameplay doesn't make people want to come back to it once they have the rewards they care about (but everyone could use more cubes, so eh....), or make you want to get better at the game.

I daresay CM and TD were the best gameplay modes they've produced.

TaigaUC
May 13, 2016, 05:36 AM
Yes. I also feel that CM and TD were the best.
But at the same time they also have a high failure rate.

SEGA is clearly leaning away from that to accommodate the new players.
People here have said that, as have JP people on the swiki.

Which is understandable... except that it takes them 6 months to release a short noobie EQ.
It'd be fine if they were adding new gameplay content for veteran players too.

But you look at the plans for the rest of the year, and so far it's just Odin and nothing else.
I don't have confidence that Odin will be a challenge. It'll probably end up being a farce so that newbies can participate as well.
Especially because it's a collabo. I can't imagine then making it something difficult that people will keep failing at.

Maybe the way they see it is when they make something challenging, people complain about people sucking.
It's too hard to deal with that, so they dumb everything down to get less complaints.
At the cost of losing players to boredom.

Maninbluejumpsuit
May 13, 2016, 06:04 AM
I guess I should use myself as an example:

To this day, I still play mass effect 3's multiplayer every now and again.

I've maxed out every gun from the rng loot boxes, so all I'm rewarded with are single-mission consumables that I don't even use much.

Why do I keep playing?

-No two matches are the same
-I depend on my team to hold their own
-Failure is a very real possibility
-Multiple ways to efficiently deal with targets with the best methods of doing so changing wildly from moment to moment

Total opposite of most, if not, all EQs that aren't TD.

isCasted
May 13, 2016, 06:16 AM
I wonder how many people decided to try PSO2 after watching the anime, only to think "this is nothing like the anime".
I haven't seen the anime, so I can't really imagine. Just seen people here saying "I wish we got THAT Apprentice!"

Well, Apprentice is literally the only thing that anime did better than the game. Well, maybe some Darkers were more aggressive than their game counterparts.

"Player" actions are not nearly as stylish/flashy in the anime as they are in the game. AIS scene was ultimately pointless.

Also, boss battles like Loser, PD or even Rodos are capable of impressing first-time players. There's nothing in anime that can compare to those.

Raujinn
May 13, 2016, 06:42 AM
One reason I despise EQs (outside of the EQ system itself) and 12-man content after a while is because in a 12man your own contribution generally feels non-existent. As in "the outcome would have been no different if someone else was in my place". The only thing PSO2 has that might even create this feeling is well-placed Zanverses, Zondeels and Weakbullets. Good use of the abilities in Mining Base Defence quests and good use of mechanics in Challenge Mode can also create this feeling; like a good or bad decision by a single player can create a tangible effect. Otherwise for the most part for me at least it's a feeling of "why am I even here"?

SteveCZ
May 13, 2016, 07:04 AM
Getting a hard-earned item is fun to me though. A treasure hunter. I even farm that Hans CO for 800 Chandora stones, 18 stones a day for less than an hour, when new cool things already around. The incentive is "fun" content for me itself.

Z-0
May 13, 2016, 07:42 AM
Chasing after the carrot is indeed fun, the effort/reward concept of MMOs is why people play it, the issue with PSO2 is that the carrot doesn't really do anything (except 1% higher numbers or whatever) and chasing after carrots never constitutes anything different. You cannot "spice up" or "optimise" your hunts, there's nothing in control of the player, especially with lol time-gating.

I'm tired of bringing it up but I feel PSO1 did the carrot hunt right. Everything was unique enough so once you got your carrot it brought something to the table to help you hunt more carrots or "play the game better" (so to speak), and if you got bored of doing X for your carrot, you could go do Y instead. This simply does not exist in PSO2, and there's usually only ever 1 or 2 carrots to chase after as well, which are conveniently locked behind time-gates or content which requires 12 players, which is an issue if you come "late". 12-player should be incentivized but never feel necessary, imo.

SteveCZ
May 13, 2016, 08:34 AM
Yeah, I get that in terms of what we got from the rewards for whatever next hunt we'll be doing. Things are kinda individualized and unrelated from one to another.

Raujinn
May 13, 2016, 08:53 AM
Hm , removing timegating in the absence of an EQ system I guess would still mitigate the feeling of "being screwed because I don't know enough people'. It's not so much "organized MPAs get 15 times the runs I can get" insomuch as "I only get to do 2 runs in this 30 minute window because I have the misfortune of ending up in groups with too many poorly geared people or people who don't know what they're doing". That problem would ALSO be mitigated somewhat, as people would have more opportunities to learn the damn quest.

Should say I have no issue with organised MPAs being more rewarding than pugging, it's just I can understand the salt within the constraints of the EQ system as it is. Removing the EQ system and letting you play those quests when you want still leaves significant issues of its own, however (especially with how rewarding they are compared to other content). I don't think there's an easy solution...

Not talking about the carrots here as that's got its own library of issues. PSO's main strength in its gear was many items had interesting/useful qualities to them where almost every weapon in PSO2 is completely useless.

Ce'Nedra
May 13, 2016, 09:33 AM
Chasing after the carrot is indeed fun, the effort/reward concept of MMOs is why people play it, the issue with PSO2 is that the carrot doesn't really do anything (except 1% higher numbers or whatever) and chasing after carrots never constitutes anything different. You cannot "spice up" or "optimise" your hunts, there's nothing in control of the player, especially with lol time-gating.

I'm tired of bringing it up but I feel PSO1 did the carrot hunt right. Everything was unique enough so once you got your carrot it brought something to the table to help you hunt more carrots or "play the game better" (so to speak), and if you got bored of doing X for your carrot, you could go do Y instead. This simply does not exist in PSO2, and there's usually only ever 1 or 2 carrots to chase after as well, which are conveniently locked behind time-gates or content which requires 12 players, which is an issue if you come "late". 12-player should be incentivized but never feel necessary, imo.

This oh so much. I always hunted all my gear in PSO1. In PSO2 I can't even farm my Austere or Orbit because I can rarely play PD and TD4 due to scheduled only. It kills almost all the fun in the game for me. I still haven't found a Dagger of Serafi either despite running every EQ that spawns Double with max RDR. This game just keeps kicking me in the nuts. All I do is complain to friends about how much bs this games RNG and EQ system is.

Heck it just comes to the point I want tradeable 13* so I can buy them from the playershop cause I won't ever find stuff anyway. Two days ago I found my first 13* WEAPON (not egg or candy, those don't count) since the Gal LQ LAST YEAR. That's a whooping 8? months without finding a frigging 13* at all. On PSO1 if I played that long I had a full character storage of rares, most even good ones too.

Raujinn
May 13, 2016, 09:54 AM
Yeah the fact that people's progression is essentially held hostage by sega's schedule is one of the worst things about the EQ system as it is. There's got to be a better way to do this.

oratank
May 13, 2016, 10:09 AM
1 month and 14 day . i believe everyone can make 60 element from yamato eq no need to pressure yourself :/

Raujinn
May 13, 2016, 10:29 AM
That's not really relevant. I don't disagree by the way, I feel the Yamato weapon grind is probably one of the most reasonable they've done (you need what, 12 EQ sessions to get a 60%? I cant think of another one where you can get it in that few. Still a pretty tall order if the schedule isn't convenient for you though!). But yeah, that's not the point.

I believe the main grievance I'm seeing is that people feel like they can't just play PSO2 when they're in the mood for PSO2. Because if you play like that, you make potentially zero progression. So it's log in when there's an EQ you want or don't play at all. This sound accurate? Like wouldn't it be nice to play PSO2 when you fancy it and not feel like you're completely wasting your time because progression only happens when they say so?

sesiom000
May 13, 2016, 11:50 AM
Breaking log-in record doesn't mean much.

That´s the problem they keep saying that the game is having log in records in EQ and false advertise the game when the majority of the times its dead.

And that´s really what SEGA doesn't see or doesn't even care because at the end of the day they just want the $ at the scratch days...

I think its not about making PSO2 the most "fun game" nowadays i think its stretching it the most and reusing the existing content over an over again since its cheaper and faster that way and trying to sell the most merchandise they can (the last live was basically that...).

CM its fun but they totally ignored it only 2 maps, ultimate quest only 2 maps once again, crafting PA system barely added anything there etc they basically dont care about updating they're old content...

At the Road map there is still the “New Experience Field Gimmick". in it i wonder if that “New Experience Field Gimmick" its what they think will save the game, i seriously hope so....

TaigaUC
May 13, 2016, 12:34 PM
Great, now I got the wall bug.
Sounded like a lot of people are getting it.

I suppose SEGA hasn't acknowledged it yet?
Edit: Apparently they have, but not worth an emergency maintenance huh.

sesiom000
May 13, 2016, 12:36 PM
Great, now I got the wall bug.
Sounded like a lot of people are getting it.

I suppose SEGA hasn't acknowledged it yet?

I think they said they knew the problem but they didn't announce an Emergency Maintenance to fix it.
Maybe they will fix next maintenance.

TaigaUC
May 13, 2016, 12:45 PM
I posted in the wrong thread. Oh well.

Cyber Meteor
May 13, 2016, 12:45 PM
At the Road map there is still the “New Experience Field Gimmick". in it i wonder if that “New Experience Field Gimmick" its what they think will save the game, i seriously hope so....

I really wouldn't put some hope in that as it's just a gimmick for that new free field only, it will probably be something non-essential for playing through the field, like those dash panels

ArcaneTechs
May 13, 2016, 01:04 PM
Can someone explain to me the " X update won't save the game" literally every update they do? Im trying to wrap my head around the mental thought that goes into thinking that every update they do is going to save the game. I mean majority of us saw the roadmap up to this Summer, clearly none of it is going to be major in any way so why do people keep throwing this out every update?

I've read the last couple of pages, I agree with a lot of it so I don't really have any complaints here (aside Yamato being a fun but rather short EQ)

TaigaUC
May 13, 2016, 02:39 PM
More reason to worry if they believe a gimmick is gonna save the game.
I haven't complained about previous roadmaps so much, I think.
It just feels like right now is the biggest content drought, and there's really nothing hopeful on the roadmap.

D-Inferno
May 13, 2016, 02:39 PM
While I don't -completely- hate the idea of scheduled EQs (remember, the scheled is designed with the Japanese in mind) for newer content, especially if said scheduled EQs are very frequent), I do think that things like Magatsu, current PD, and PD4 need to get added to the random EQ rotation. There's no real excuse anymore. I can understand "raid" EQs not being playable normally, but I do think we could really use some relevant off-EQ content. Advanced and Ultimate Quests filled this role previously; but they're too outdated now.

Looking at Yamato, it poses very little challenge for an individual run. While it can be optimized, it only works if you multi-ship; really another cancerous trend which I refuse to take part in.

It's amazing how badly pre-nerf Magatsu "poisoned" the game. While there's nothing wrong with optimizing to get better runs; the pre-nerf version was extremely unfair to anyone who didn't have Banish-Chain geared, or played a large group with said people. Not to mention that most of the DPS could be done from a Lv 50/30 GuTe that just stands there and spams Zanverse. Plus SH was better than XH. While post-nerf Maga is a lot more fair to the community, I also feel it started the trend of PSO2 becoming "easier" (ex: the unneeded Ult Nab nerf). I'll never "quit" PSO2, but it's becoming more of a backseat game to me.

ArcaneTechs
May 13, 2016, 07:15 PM
More reason to worry if they believe a gimmick is gonna save the game.
I haven't complained about previous roadmaps so much, I think.
It just feels like right now is the biggest content drought, and there's really nothing hopeful on the roadmap.
At least its not PSU Boost Road crap but hell guess nothing good will come till toward the end of this year (Fall, maybic)

Z-0
May 13, 2016, 07:47 PM
Boost Road is a great concept IMO, it was recently implemented in PSOBB because it encourages people to play different stuff and get rewarded for it, but in PSO2 it wouldn't work at all because no incentive multipled by a lot is still no incentive!

sparab
May 13, 2016, 07:52 PM
New PA/tech customization is the only thing I like about.
You won't find a better chance to get rid of those disk fragments.

Meteor Weapon
May 14, 2016, 08:03 AM
There's like....nothing to expect much on EP4 where everything just feels like a drag, sure they added a lot of stuff but most of them are....well...meh. We really need Yu Suganuma back, they had 2 people directing EP4 and I felt like Sugunuma did a better job at directing. It's only been a few months since EP4 started and it feels more of a drag compared to whatever EP3 had.

Or I'm just being bias. Can anyone compare the contents between EP3 and EP4?

Saagonsa
May 14, 2016, 08:24 AM
There was a month and a half or so gap between EP3 release and the facility area and the vopar time attack, and a 3-4 month gap between the release of EP3 and Ultimate Naberius/the first XH quests. A month after that Magatsu came out as well. We're now a bit over 3 and a half months into EP4, gotten the usual new area and class from the episode update, and have just gotten a new boss. EP4 is definitely more focusing on catching up newer players and has had a slower release of actual new content, but it's not at a dead halt compared to what EP3 was. So far, at least.

Zyrusticae
May 14, 2016, 08:29 AM
I don't even care about "new content". I'd rather they iterate on what's already there. The graphics update and the additional 3-button control scheme were great examples of that. Wish they'd pull a Warframe and revamp older areas: give them new cell types for the random map generator, throw in some new enemies, add new emergency trials, and so on and so forth. Just throwing in some wrinkles into what's already there can help a lot with keeping things from getting stale.

Also, they should seriously consider giving us a sprint function and parkour abilities... you know, like all the damn CG trailers keep suggesting we should be able to do. I was REALLY hoping Episode 4 would introduce this, but nah. Funny how Dragon's Dogma is a lot more true to those trailers than PSO2 itself, lol.

Achelousaurus
May 14, 2016, 08:37 AM
While I don't -completely- hate the idea of scheduled EQs (remember, the scheled is designed with the Japanese in mind) for newer content, especially if said scheduled EQs are very frequent), I do think that things like Magatsu, current PD, and PD4 need to get added to the random EQ rotation. There's no real excuse anymore. I can understand "raid" EQs not being playable normally, but I do think we could really use some relevant off-EQ content. Advanced and Ultimate Quests filled this role previously; but they're too outdated now.

Looking at Yamato, it poses very little challenge for an individual run. While it can be optimized, it only works if you multi-ship; really another cancerous trend which I refuse to take part in.

It's amazing how badly pre-nerf Magatsu "poisoned" the game. While there's nothing wrong with optimizing to get better runs; the pre-nerf version was extremely unfair to anyone who didn't have Banish-Chain geared, or played a large group with said people. Not to mention that most of the DPS could be done from a Lv 50/30 GuTe that just stands there and spams Zanverse. Plus SH was better than XH. While post-nerf Maga is a lot more fair to the community, I also feel it started the trend of PSO2 becoming "easier" (ex: the unneeded Ult Nab nerf). I'll never "quit" PSO2, but it's becoming more of a backseat game to me.
Ult Nab before nerf wasn't even remotely fun. It still manages to be more of a clusterfuck than ult lilipa despite lilipa having a lot more ranged attack enemies but is at least not painful anymore.

And pre-crisis Magatsu was just total shit. Lag was still terrible back then and gearing was still a lot harder than now, so usually you'd have a gruelling run until the final gate cause of an mpa with crap gear and then even with full boost get like 2 cubes if you were really really lucky.
Or you'd just fail.
Huge effort for tiny reward, everyone hated it.
Sega, as always, had no idea wtf to do and made a complete 180 to turn it into a cube pinata with ridiculous amounts of cubes and less hp.
As a result, as always, new content invalidated old content and there was almost no reason to do other EQs anymore cause none would give remotely as many cubes and there was only little else other EQs would provide Maggy wouldn't (like TD only weapons with their insanely low drop rate).

Sega are like a bunch of headless chicken.
Typical new content follows along these lines:
>Sega has a "good" idea while on the crapper
>no one double checks it
>no one considers the consequences
>no one thinks about how the players may react
>inevitably one of 2 things happens -
A) it's easy reward stuff so people exploit it to get yet more stuff, like farming only part of the xmas EQ map
B) it's BS so there is backlash from the playerbase and they complain a lot
>now Sega panics cause how the hell can people not play the game they intended and how the hell can they not just swallow Sega's ejaculate like the good little bitches they are supposed to be?
>chaos
>emergency maintenance (occasionally)
>Sega overcompensates cause modesty is for little girls and caution is for cowards and common sense is for people with an IQ over 3
>new content suddenly giving much better rewards than anything else
>new content has run limits so that people don't break it entirely
>congrats, you disappointed everyone!
>while the new content gives great rewards, it's also too easy to be fun and due to the run limit, there is not even a point in making an effort for more runs than you get with pugs, so no one actually enjoys it, people just do it cause there is nothing else to do for such easy rewards and in general Sega invalidated so much old content there is literally nothing else to do anymore in the game
>congrats, you ran your once good game into the ground entirely!

Korima
May 14, 2016, 08:51 AM
There's like....nothing to expect much on EP4 where everything just feels like a drag, sure they added a lot of stuff but most of them are....well...meh. We really need Yu Suganuma back, they had 2 people directing EP4 and I felt like Sugunuma did a better job at directing. It's only been a few months since EP4 started and it feels more of a drag compared to whatever EP3 had.

Or I'm just being bias. Can anyone compare the contents between EP3 and EP4?

A few months?, almost five months already with a six month that will not add something exciting.

TaigaUC
May 14, 2016, 11:52 AM
PSO2's CG movies are bullshit. The benchmarks are bullshit too.
Nico commenter reactions are always like, "it's like something else entirely" and "lies".

I don't think I played much when Ultimate first came out either.
I feel like Episode 3 didn't get much content either, but pretty certain it's more than episode 4.
Magatsu, Ultimate (yuck), Challenge 1 and 2, TD4, PD.
TD4 and PD didn't come out until near the end and both were somewhat disappointing.
Solo XQ was nice but we really don't get much content like that.
The worst thing about Episode 3 was the heavy focus on 13 stars.

I think part of the reason why Episode 4 is extra boring is because of the whole "Reborn" thing.
It really doesn't feel like much changed.
As usual, most of the primary Episode 4 features consisted of stuff that should really have been in there to begin with.
It always takes people begging for years before SEGA puts stuff in. They intentionally withhold features until next episode.
I think that also emphasizes how lacking the actual episode content is.

Note that it took almost half of episode 4 just to get the improved visuals in.
Even the visuals should have been this way to begin with. PSO2's visuals were already heavily outdated when the game first came out.
It took them the PSO2 dev time (3 years, wasn't it?) plus 4 years to fix the awful inconsistent resolution horribly compressed textures.
And use modern technology like specular mapping, and slap on some post processing filters that just about everything else has had for years.
They still left the old mangled textures in the game for lesser shader settings. Why?
It'd make more sense to use scaled down versions of the new ones.

Anyway, I know I'm not the only one bored to nuts. Some of my friends (both JP and not) already quit.
Even JP people (on streams, swiki, etc) keep saying stuff like Suganuma was better. "Save us, Suganuma!!"
On the last livestream, when I saw Sakai and one of the directors announcing stuff.
That director (the ep 2 guy, forgot his name) looked so miserable and lacking energy.
As if he knows he sucks, that everyone hates him, or he just didn't care about the game or anything.
Not even going to go into the story and the scenario writer insulting people and telling them that if they don't like it don't read it.

Like I've said a billion times, stuff like this EQ shouldn't be taking half a year.
Look how simple the new EQ is. There's no way that needed half a year to design, implement, test.
And it has at least two game-breaking bugs. They obviously didn't test it much.

Meteor Weapon
May 14, 2016, 01:20 PM
TD4 and PD didn't come out until near the end and both were somewhat disappointing.

I thought TD4 was fine, people can still like....lol fail despite it being less difficult than TD3. TD5 when.

PD was glorious as the EP3 final boss(despite feeling the story build up to PD seems to be lacking and they just kinda ditched the whole idea of Planet Rykos raid or something), but the ARKS boost causing everyone to be tanky and PP efficient as fuck kinda ruined it, but that doesn't mean everyone could just tank like a moron. Just gonna wait for boosted PD coming next month and hopefully they remove the ARKS boost, because everyone isn't a noobie casual by now.....right?

One on the things that's been disappointing about EP3 which then infested EP4 was the introduction of limited number of quest runs(Falzes and PD are fine as it is I guess) and fucking scheduled EQ. Someone mentioned it already, but they should just rename it to Scheduled Quest instead of Emergency lol.

Poyonche
May 14, 2016, 01:26 PM
Oh yeah I should ask the question on their twitter/wtvtheyuseforthis for the next broadcast : "Are you planning to put Magatsu, Profound Darkness or any other scheduled only EQ on the unscheduled EQ rotation ?"
Because I actually doubt Profound Darkness would say "So... I'll attack the ARKS at 7:00, 14:00 and 23:00 JST, and of course I'll inform them of my incoming attack !" :wacko:

isCasted
May 14, 2016, 02:39 PM
inb4 new PD is a separate EQ from old PD.

...MUHHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAA

Poyonche
May 14, 2016, 03:04 PM
inb4 you need a "Utterly Pass" to do the improved PD EQ. :wacko:

qoxolg
May 14, 2016, 03:22 PM
I took a break from PSO2 for like a year because the whole stone collection crap drove me nuts and I had a lot of games in my Steam library to catch up to. Coming back now, it's still mostly the same crap, with minor improvements, mostly in dress up, and I am glad they made the new grinding system.

That said, I think this game is never gonna be saved, because the biggest flaws of the game are IMO so fundamental I don't think SEGA dares to change stuff up to much. The game generates some good money and from a business point of view they have no reason to change anything, just do more of the same.

Here is what I think are the worst flaws:

[spoiler-box]
- The skill trees or skills in general are a problem because they are filled with boring damage multipliers and very little skills that actually affect gameplay. There is nothing to play or experiment with, because the meta is only about doing more damage. The stacking makes us so overpowered that pretty much all the current content can easily be played by a single player. Because of this, we are never gonna see any kind of balanced content.

- That brings me to the next point: We keep getting stronger, but the old content doesn't scale. Currently playing free field is just a complete bore fest and there is nothing to get there. While I took a break from PSO2 I also played Destiny and that game has level scaling. Basically when you are level 40, but your enemy is level 3, you and your gear gets scaled down to that level. This way, you can still die as a max level character in some of the early missions in the game. I really liked that concept and it also defeated the purpose of the need of higher difficulties for early content. There are higher difficulties, but they mostly bring larger enemy spawns and more aggressive enemies. That didn't defeat the purpose of getting better weapons, because weapons also had multiple other stats and perks that made them interesting, not just higher damage values/level.

- Brings me to the next point: Weapons in this game are 100% boring because they only bring more damage and if they don't bring more damage, they are trash in the current meta of the game (which was also my first point). Like some others pointed out before me, there is totally no incentive to really work for these weapons. It's weird because PSO1 actually had cool and unique weapons from the start. Spread needle, heavens punisher, SJS, Lavis/Double canon, etc. Look what we now have? I still have some foolish hope that SEGA is leaving the 'cool' weapons for the 15*s but meh...

It's also the one dimensional stats that make them boring. Why don't weapons have more stats like attack speed, stagger/weight, range, charge speed, PP consumption, combo length, etc. That way it would become so much more interesting to try different weapons and also bring different weapons of the same type for different purposes.

- The maps in this game are terrible and boring. Basically this game only has one map with different skins on them, but in essence they feel pretty much the same. Nothing about the maps feels unique and handcrafted, or well thought out. There is nothing to recognize, nothing to plan for rare hunting. It basically a 6 by 6 grid of corridors with some skin on them. It's actually so bad that I hardly see the environments anymore, because I play this game by looking at the minimap 80% of the time, because of the randomness of the design and the spawns (that usually spawn behind me). Also the maps feel really small, but I fear that is because it needs to be able to run on the Vita.

I'd rather see them make area's that are just one big hand crafted map. Not big like Skyrim or Witcher, because the maps in those games are boring too, but more like PSO1 maps, but then larger. Different quests take different routes trough the map (basically how PSO1 worked) and free exploration lets you explore the entire map.

- 12 man quests are some the worst things ever. IMO 12 man stuff should be limited to only a handful of quests. And while they are at it, they should scale the content to the amount of players participating.

- Playing solo gets punished for no good reason. The only content that gets good spawns when you play solo are Advanced Quests, but then still you get crappy PSE bursts with just one enemy.. Like.. WHY? In this game all that counts is killing as much enemies in as little time as possible, so why do I get forced to play with others to achieve this? PSO1 was solo friendly, this game is hardly playable when you solo.

- Where are our raids? I see SEGA throw around words like 'Raid boss', but it's basically content that takes like 10-15 minutes. The closest thing we got that feels like a raid is CMODE, but meh timer and meh 12 man pug. I want a large and long quest, that's has no timer, and takes the best players at least an hour and shitty players will take like 6 hours or never complete. I want to see new mechanics, puzzles, stuff that actually requires communication and strategy. Oh and make it a single party quest so we can play it all the time.

- EQ's.. Ugh.. I think everyone already said what's wrong with them. The foremost reason why SEGA probably does EQ's is to fix matchmaking with the current way blocks work. If an EQ was just a quest that you could play all the time, it would require a limited amount of time you get rewards. Good luck finding 12 people to play with on your block. I'd say: EQ's can go when the block system goes and we can match make with the entire ship. Or hey, if they get rid of the 12 man quests, we don't need matchmaking in the first place.
[/spoiler-box]

If you don't wanna read my rant, I said something like:
- Skills and weapons are boring because it mostly damage oriented one dimensional stuff
- The game should have a level scaling system to prevent us from getting overpowered for older content
- Random maps are boring and basically all the same map with a different skin
- 12 man quests should die.
- Where is out real raid?

To be honest, I found EP1 to be the best episode. At least the game was somewhat balanced and we weren't as OP as we are now. It also had IMO much better non-animu NPC's. Ever since EP2, all they added was one animu trope after the other.

I still sorta enjoy the game right now, as long as I don't take it to serious. The combat system is still some of the best I've seen in an RPG and it's also the best space waifu and mecha simulator.

Maninbluejumpsuit
May 14, 2016, 03:50 PM
It also had IMO much better non-animu NPC's. Ever since EP2, all they added was one animu trope after the other.

I'd argue that EP1 had among the least likeable points of each character. Almost every npc with story involvement was a copy pasta trope, and gave me little to no reason to care about any of them. Matoi especially back then. Quiet girl with amnesia who latches on to the lead? Been done to death. It's almost like the game expected you to like her because of that alone, and nothing else because of how little EP1 explained anything. Zeno, Echo, and Afin weren't much better during EP1. So many of those character archtypes have been done, and very little was added to them to make them more than just that.

Tunga
May 14, 2016, 04:21 PM
2016 and i still haven't completed a single story mission. Looks like i'm not missing much.

Ahri
May 14, 2016, 05:13 PM
2016 and i still haven't completed a single story mission. Looks like i'm not missing much.

Returns to the game ¬_¬#

Following the thread, I hope you can do something with eggs 10 * at forward since they began to make trouble in my storage.

Achelousaurus
May 14, 2016, 06:31 PM
Note that it took almost half of episode 4 just to get the improved visuals in.
Even the visuals should have been this way to begin with.
You're being awfully optimistic there. Well, rather awfully unrealistic. Ep 3 lasted almost 1.5 years, you can hardly call these 3 months half of Ep 4.
Suganuma was pretty bad as well though. His one saving grace was the hunter/fury change at the start of ep 3 and handful small details throughout it, afterwards he did mostly crappy stuff as well. But of course still far preferably to those Ep4 retards.

TBH the one and only thing about TD4 that is disappointing is that it will take a year or so until you can reliably beat it with pugs, let alone get 2 runs.

Actually Ep1 was alright but the story only gets really good in ep 2 and 3. So yes, you are missing out.

PS: as long as Sega is not fixing this BS lag and 630 shit, there is literally no point in playing cause not only is it not fun, but the main incentive of virtual items is cut out when you dc before you can even pick up crystal drops.

TaigaUC
May 14, 2016, 07:09 PM
I know Suganuma wasn't that great either.
But it says something when people are saying he was better.
We got Ep 4 at the end of January, didn't we? It's almost the end of May.
Oh... but we got the graphics upgrade... a month ago?
I haven't been playing, and my screenshots folder hasn't grown much so I keep thinking it was only very recently.

We got Ep 4 4-5 months later than we usually get a new episode, too.
I guess you're right that episode 4 could last forever. God. I hope not.

PSO2 is full of copypasta. It's not just the NPCs.
Anything they can't get a collabo for, they just copy anyway.
I don't remember the original PSO being this soulless.

ArcaneTechs
May 15, 2016, 06:51 AM
PSO2 is full of copypasta. It's not just the NPCs.
Anything they can't get a collabo for, they just copy anyway.
I don't remember the original PSO being this soulless.
Might as well quit the game and hope PSO3 is good (and i mean this in a general out there way, not exactly directed at you) because it feels like higher ups or w/e are just ruining this game. I feel at this point this isn't what the Dev's want are just pushing stuff (despite it taking forever for them to get to it) out there and it ends up being lackluster.

Feels like Phantom Goddess won't be released until the end of this year and of course it'll wind up like Yamato.

Raujinn
May 15, 2016, 07:07 AM
You're assuming goddess is a raid. It could easily end up the area boss of the next field.

oratank
May 15, 2016, 07:12 AM
they still have 3 or more esca member to fight before they release Phantom Goddess

Raujinn
May 15, 2016, 07:16 AM
Why do you think that?

oratank
May 15, 2016, 07:21 AM
well if hakito can turn to battleship yamato why not the other can't (kori,mr.directer and mysterygirl that talk to kori) especially the reference about yamata no orochi that hitsuki talk about

Raujinn
May 15, 2016, 07:28 AM
Eight-Forked Serpent? Anyway its making the assumption that Goddess is the phantom equivalent of a Falz (which Yamato could be argued to be heh). As far as I know datawise, there's been nothing yet to suggest that this is the case, so for all we know Goddess could be a regular area boss. This notion is supported by the fact that PhantomGoddess has a rare form.

Kohri, DirectorMan and TotallyNotMother could well have full forms, absolutely. There's just nothing to suggest that Goddess is one of theirs.

oratank
May 15, 2016, 07:37 AM
oh goddess has rare form? so she can't be mother, isn't she?

Poyonche
May 15, 2016, 07:50 AM
Hagito didn't really turn into a battleship, with the power of PhotonsEther and Emeraldo Tableto, it "created" Hagito Phemut who then made Yamato.

There is also a story cutscene explaining what is going on with Yamato (I think as it is in jp), cross post from Yamato Guide thread :

Nope, however there is a story board event with it spawning.

Video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG8Ug2W5CeY
Text (if you don't Watch the video, Yamato is appearing and Hagito is watching it, then he receives a phone call) :

[SPOILER-BOX]

Hagito
……そろそろ
連絡のある頃だと思っていたよ。

???
……亜贄萩斗、度が過ぎるぞ。
ここまで大規模な幻創種の生成。
隠蔽しきれなくなる。

Hagito
ははっ。それは私じゃなくて
エメラルド・タブレットに
言ってやってほしいな。

???
なに?

Hagito
あれは、私の手から離れたのさ。
私の制御を必要としない
兵器としての理想の状態に至った。

Hagito
私は、私の最高傑作の戦いを見届けるだけ。
開発者冥利に尽きるってものさ。

???

Hagito
……さあ、行け。
私のエメラルド・タブレット!
私の力を、お前が示すんだ!

[/SPOILER-BOX]

Concerning the Mother Cluster "apostles", so far we have :
char18_hg (Hagito / Hagito Phemut, it has attacks named ExplosionMissile and it appears in some Yamato files, so I assume its him)
char19_bt
char19_bt_camera
char19_bt_fan
(I think it is Bethor Zelazny because of camera and fan :wacko: )
char20_flg (Kohri or mysterious girl talking to Kohri at end of Ch2, idk, anyway it appears to love kicking people because its attacks are SomerSault, PhoenixKick, HeelDrop and ShortSpin and WarpCombo too)

TaigaUC
May 15, 2016, 08:22 AM
Someone get Hagito to use Ether for creating new content.

黒雪Yacchi
May 15, 2016, 09:20 AM
This forum has more salt than both the Atlantic and Pacific oceans combined

Asakaze
May 15, 2016, 11:49 AM
Most game forums I've been on have too much salt =-=)

sesiom000
May 15, 2016, 11:54 AM

I would agree with the salt part if most of the users wouldn't be playing the game for 4 years and know its flaws from inside out.
Naming the flaws its entirely different than flaming and im sure everyone would want for SEGA to fix the flaws that´s why we still come here and discuss the upcoming broadcast etc...

Meteor Weapon
May 15, 2016, 07:09 PM
People are getting tired of being optimistic with this game when almost everything Sega does didn't reach expectation.

Shinamori
May 15, 2016, 07:29 PM
No one has more salt that Sega fans.

Achelousaurus
May 16, 2016, 08:15 AM
Sega is supplying it every day, so what can we do?

wahahaha
May 16, 2016, 09:17 AM
Sega is supplying it every day, so what can we do?

Move on.

SteveCZ
May 16, 2016, 09:22 AM
Move on.

Well said. :roll:

Z-0
May 16, 2016, 09:56 AM
At the same time, nothing wrong with airing your grievances. A negative opinion is not necessarily a bad thing.

SteveCZ
May 16, 2016, 10:15 AM
Nothing wrong at all, until it becomes a useless debate instead of discussion/solution, like a PvP room.

Achelousaurus
May 17, 2016, 08:42 AM
That makes no sense. Nothing we say here will ever make a difference. So the obvious point of us posting on this message board and discussing stuff like this is voicing our opinions, not making a difference.
And for that purpose a debate is exactly the same as a discussion.

SteveCZ
May 17, 2016, 09:03 AM
With that in mind, I wouldn't be surprised how many "discussion" here turned into flames.
But heck, it's not that it matters when it becomes one. It's an entertainment forum for Rappy's sake. :wacko:

TaigaUC
May 17, 2016, 09:53 AM
Phantasy Salt Online 2

isCasted
May 17, 2016, 10:20 AM
Salt Enterprising for Gaming Audiences

TaigaUC
May 17, 2016, 08:54 PM
Haha. Interesting mental image.

.razor.
May 17, 2016, 09:27 PM
FFXIV pl0x

Zanverse
May 17, 2016, 09:30 PM
People complain about PSO2 being horrible now that we're in EP4, yet they still play it. That's what confuses me the most. Just log off. Don't look back if it's ugly to you. No one'll miss ya. :wacko:

The Walrus
May 17, 2016, 09:55 PM
wouldn't be psow if people weren't complaining about a game they play

Zorua
May 17, 2016, 09:58 PM
People complain about PSO2 being horrible now that we're in EP4, yet they still play it. That's what confuses me the most. Just log off. Don't look back if it's ugly to you. No one'll miss ya. :wacko:

I'll never understand that mindset you've got there. People can be frustrated with glaring flaws in something they love. They might be complaining a lot, but that doesn't mean they hate PSO2. They're just justifiably mad about how bad EP4 has been so far. #FireEP4'sDirector

sparab
May 17, 2016, 10:35 PM
4 years after OBT, you still can't remove blacklisted people without the menu collapse itself after each removal.
Hardly need any brain activity to find something to complain!

ArcaneTechs
May 17, 2016, 10:42 PM
4 years after OBT, you still can't remove blacklisted people without the menu collapse itself after each removal.
Hardly need any brain activity to find something to complain!
>Still at 200 cap for Black Listing
>Black Listing still doesn't make their character gone on your screen (and theirs)
>Still no "Last Online" dates

Refresh my memory, people (including on your team) that you have black listed can still see your text right?

ShinMegamiSensei
May 17, 2016, 10:48 PM
>Still at 200 cap for Black Listing
>Black Listing still doesn't make their character gone on your screen (and theirs)
>Still no "Last Online" dates

Refresh my memory, people (including on your team) that you have black listed can still see your text right?
Yes, they can see yours.

sparab
May 17, 2016, 10:55 PM

Better than that, you can see blacklisted people's party on party search but cannot join them. Unless you remove the person who you have BLed for whatever reason you cannot remember.

And of course the list is sorted by Player ID# instead of alphabetical.

Meteor Weapon
May 18, 2016, 01:15 AM

We complain because we care and want the game to be great, plus we're tired of being optimistic for every update sega shows only to disappoint in the end.

Only reason I play these days because friends being around to mess around, I've never really felt too much like this prior to EP4.

Gwyndolin
May 18, 2016, 01:26 AM
wouldn't be psow if people weren't complaining about a game they play

Or one they no longer play.

TaigaUC
May 18, 2016, 01:28 AM
I only started playing again to sell some crap and do Yamato to get a decent Double Saber on the one account that I farmed Gal Gryphon for months and never got Gale Visner on.

I gave up on recommended dailies because Tokyo Gold never drops anymore. I used to get at least a few golds a week.
Ever since they put in the Magatsu EQ, in several weeks I got maybe 1 gold in total despite doing 3 accounts a day.
Waste of time. All the classes I care about are already maxed anyway.
The friend I was doing the recommended dailies with gave up as well. They were getting 0 keys for days on end.

Poyonche
May 18, 2016, 05:44 AM
I only started playing again to sell some crap and do Yamato to get a decent Double Saber on the one account that I farmed Gal Gryphon for months and never got Gale Visner on.

I gave up on recommended dailies because Tokyo Gold never drops anymore. I used to get at least a few golds a week.
Ever since they put in the Magatsu EQ, in several weeks I got maybe 1 gold in total despite doing 3 accounts a day.
Waste of time. All the classes I care about are already maxed anyway.
The friend I was doing the recommended dailies with gave up as well. They were getting 0 keys for days on end.

I don't see why you are saying this, last day I got the best reward you could get from Featured quest : 2 meseta boost +50% and a Food Device/S-atk Mini. :wacko:

I miss the days where i could get two tokyo gold keys and one silver. :(

Zanverse
May 18, 2016, 06:24 AM
I'll never understand that mindset you've got there. People can be frustrated with glaring flaws in something they love. They might be complaining a lot, but that doesn't mean they hate PSO2. They're just justifiably mad about how bad EP4 has been so far. #FireEP4'sDirector

I'm talking about those who constantly shit on PSO2 for the dumbest reasons, dislike and compare the game to other games, yet still log in for an EQ, and AFK in a block all day.

Besides, IMO, EP4 could be much worse, and I have patience to give the episode a chance to grow up, since it's still in toddler state.

Achelousaurus
May 18, 2016, 05:12 PM
Rather, someone could make a fortune harvesting all the salt and selling it. Just the question if gamer salt is as popular as sea salt.

Meteor Weapon
May 21, 2016, 11:11 PM
Not sure if anyone remembers its due today.

SteveCZ
May 21, 2016, 11:22 PM
I-I do!!

oratank
May 22, 2016, 01:58 AM
i believe many of us are salt merchant. they will never miss this big opportunity to harvest as much as they can

Rakurai
May 22, 2016, 04:01 AM
This one is terribly early in the morning for me compared to usual.

Sizustar
May 22, 2016, 06:15 AM
Yamato EQ ~

Sizustar
May 22, 2016, 06:23 AM
So DF outfit will be coming in next june update...

TaigaUC
May 22, 2016, 06:23 AM
Dark Falz outfits and EQ triggers via Star Gems.
I told you they were going to add more incentive to buy Star Gems.
Unless I'm mistaken. I hope I am.

Aine
May 22, 2016, 06:24 AM
lmao emergency quest triggers

goin full throttle on the mobile game model

TaigaUC
May 22, 2016, 06:26 AM
So much for everyone saying they didn't really mind Star Gems being there.
I'm sure their presence and influence will only increase.

Altiea
May 22, 2016, 06:28 AM
PA CRAFTS HYPE

Kondibon
May 22, 2016, 06:29 AM
I've been wanting something like EQ triggers forever, but tying them to stargems rubs me the wrong way, unless they're adding more convenient ways for free players to get them.

Also, wow why weren't those other tutorials included from the start?

And the new PA crafting?

http://i.imgur.com/MrlV6I9.gif

I'm glad we're getting tech crafts that do stuff other than just change the numbers, but Zonde and Nazan as the first choices? Really?

TaigaUC
Only 6 new crafts, and all for unpopular/useless PAs.
Once again showing that PA customization is pretty much "rebalancing you must earn".

The other tutorials probably took time to make because SEGA had to learn those classes...

final_attack
Infinity Fire???
I wonder what effect it'll be ..... I wonder if we can trigger final blasts at will.

jooozek
May 22, 2016, 06:30 AM
eta till a new director cleans up this mess?

Sizustar
May 22, 2016, 06:32 AM
Dark Falz outfits and EQ triggers via Star Gems.
I told you they were going to add more incentive to buy Star Gems.
Unless I'm mistaken. I hope I am.

DF outfit can't be traded or solded (Look at lower right corner
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CjDqGeVUoAAv-px.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CjDqGiHUoAAgJ2X.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CjDqGsBXEAESCQN.jpg

Kondibon
May 22, 2016, 06:34 AM
Infinity Fire???
I wonder what effect it'll be ..... I wonder if we can trigger final blasts at will.According to people in the stream chat it's going to get a lot stronger but you won't be able to move with it. I have mixed feelings about that since moving while shooting is what I used it for. But rifle is stronger now so I always have that.

TaigaUC
May 22, 2016, 06:35 AM
Holy shit. No-trade Star Gem exclusive outfits?

Sizustar
May 22, 2016, 06:39 AM
And new outfits
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CjDsnWVWkAE3-5e.jpg

Selphea
May 22, 2016, 06:39 AM
If you can't move during Type-0 that just makes it an Elder Rebellion, one of them is going to become obsolete then.

final_attack
May 22, 2016, 06:40 AM
According to people in the stream chat it's going to get a lot stronger but you won't be able to move with it. I have mixed feelings about that since moving while shooting is what I used it for. But rifle is stronger now so I always have that.

Hmm ..... doesn't seems it can be used with ChainFinish too, I take it?
Since it usually doesn't trigger StandingSnipe mid-animation >.< And Tmg's normal attacks move character forward >.<

Xaeris
May 22, 2016, 06:40 AM
Stat gem outfits are fine. It's a one time purchase and between bingo and cooking trash recycles on my alts, I'll probably be able to buy at least one of these on day one. Star gem EQ triggers on the other hand....yeah...that's dumb.

TaigaUC
May 22, 2016, 06:41 AM
Bonus Key Tokyo Gold via Meseta?
That's their fix for the non-existent drop rate?

I don't even care about the Falz outfits, but Star Gem outfits is a dangerous precedent.
Watch it become worse as time goes on.
Worst case prediction: "Star Gem powered outfits" that require Star Gems fed to them every month or you can't equip them anymore.

@Selphea
I was going to say that too.

Edit: Oh, what? It's a Star Gem SCRATCH??? That's even worse.

Naoya Kiriyama
May 22, 2016, 06:47 AM
Bonus Key Tokyo Gold via Meseta?
That's their fix for the non-existent drop rate?
If you think gold keys are inexistent, play a gacha mobage for the SSR and then we'll talk.

Asuka~
May 22, 2016, 06:48 AM
If you think gold keys are inexistent, play a gacha mobage for the SSR and then we'll talk.

I want muh Medb. =n=

Altiea
May 22, 2016, 06:50 AM
New PSO2es content interests me. Obligatory fanservice character is really pushing the envelope, but otherwise it's fine.

REPLAY FEATURE FOR CUTSCENES. WE HAVE NEEDED THIS SINCE FOREVER.

Sizustar
May 22, 2016, 06:52 AM
PSO2es
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CjDv6evUgAAnYLW.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CjDwE4HVAAAyw4Y.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CjDwYAtUUAEco0y.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CjDwtJ2UkAAbtwN.jpg

Selphea
May 22, 2016, 06:53 AM
PSO2es
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CjDv6evUgAAnYLW.jpg

Sup Tyler

Raujinn
May 22, 2016, 06:56 AM
Aren't the falz outfits a part of a scratch though? As in, you have a random chance of getting one maybe (and proably wont get the one you want!)?

dr apocalipsis
May 22, 2016, 06:56 AM
Early June Update

New PA and Technic Customizations

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/vader.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/LxvTRoo.jpg?1

Expect new 300 GS achievement. I was so close to completion this time ;_;

Azure Falcon
May 22, 2016, 07:04 AM
DF outfit can't be traded or solded (Look at lower right corner

FFS. Alright fine, what methods are there currently for earning star jewels aside from that Magatsu key quest and equipping costumes that I don't want to wear?

Altiea
May 22, 2016, 07:06 AM
FFS. Alright fine, what methods are there currently for earning star jewels aside from that Magatsu key quest and equipping costumes that I don't want to wear?

Login Bonus, if you're willing to wait for the update to roll around.

Rehal
May 22, 2016, 07:06 AM

Bingo, future login bonus,
SEGA recommends you to buy shiny jewels with AC tho.

Xaeris
May 22, 2016, 07:09 AM
Current reverse bingo has 10 gems as a full clear reward, and gems are going to be a login stamp reward in the near future. But wearing clothes is really your most consistent source. Affection accrues while you're logged out so you can cook trash outfits on alts and then turn the trash into a recycle token after you get the gems.

Z-0
May 22, 2016, 07:09 AM
hahahahahaha

oh wow

like that's even unfair to "paying customers", since now it's progress as fast as you pay (and you're still at mercy of RNG). I'd assume you can share the trigger with 11 others, but even so...

Poyonche
May 22, 2016, 07:15 AM
Inb4 I keep getting Apprentice's outfit even tho I want Persona's.

Xaeris
May 22, 2016, 07:18 AM
I need to know two things before I decide I hate this SG gacha (I'm probably going to hate it): one, how many gems does it take to draw once? Two, what does the item pool look like? Like, if this thing costs 2 SG per draw and the pool is a small assortment of highly useful items plus the outfits, then this is actually a pretty okay addition. If, on the other hand, it costs 10 SG per draw and is as bloated with garbage as the typical AC scratch...I will be highly unamused.

Raujinn
May 22, 2016, 07:18 AM
Yeah same. I.. I don't think I can express how salty I am that the DF outfits are locked behind RNG in a secondary cash-shop currency (that takes forever to aquire if you're not chucking cash at them).

Add on top of that; access to lucrative emergency quest triggers for the same cash-shop currency.

Yes I know Gems can be obtained for free, but the rate is _glacial_ to me. Fuck! :(

E: Replying to the above, yeah you're right. We don't know how many gems a scratch is, what the odds are to get the outfits. We also don't technically know what the limitations on the outfits are (you might be forced to take on the full appearance of the falz or something, at least forced to wear Persona's mask).

Lorne
May 22, 2016, 07:32 AM
I don't understand why people are upset about the idea of the SG Scratch. We've always had the AC Scratch, where items are only available by gambling with real money. The SG Scratch is just the same thing, except it's possible to use it as a free player too. Surely that's a good thing?

arkeido
May 22, 2016, 07:32 AM
Yeah same. I.. I don't think I can express how salty I am that the DF outfits are locked behind RNG in a secondary cash-shop currency (that takes forever to aquire if you're not chucking cash at them).

Add on top of that; access to lucrative emergency quest triggers for the same cash-shop currency.

Yes I know Gems can be obtained for free, but the rate is _glacial_ to me. Fuck! :(

E: Replying to the above, yeah you're right. We don't know how many gems a scratch is, what the odds are to get the outfits. We also don't technically know what the limitations on the outfits are (you might be forced to take on the full appearance of the falz or something, at least forced to wear Persona's mask).

80 SG/scratch

http://puu.sh/p0Y24/2ca05cfaf3.jpg

also 294 SG for TD4 trigger (x2)
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://puu.sh/p0X8I/dcd6cdc1d7.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

TaigaUC
May 22, 2016, 07:33 AM
I was busy crying here while they talked about the Star Gem scratch crap.
I think people were saying they wanted to be able to recycle outfits they didn't want.
I think Kimura hadn't even thought about that, or something. Dunno what he said in response, wasn't listening.

Now I'm busy with other stuff. Can't imagine the rest of the PSO2 stream being interesting though.
That last scratch looked super boring to me.

Xaeris
May 22, 2016, 07:36 AM
I don't understand why people are upset about the idea of the SG Scratch. We've always had the AC Scratch, where items are only available by gambling with real money. The SG Scratch is just the same thing, except it's possible to use it as a free player too. Surely that's a good thing?

Items from the AC scratch find their way to players who don't use AC for scratching by way of meseta. So, AC items are, mostly, available to free players. The SG scratch items have trade restrictions, so a free player's means to obtain SG items are greatly limited in comparison. The currency may be obtainable for free, but at ****ing eighty per scratch, two gems per outfit doesn't really meet the need.

EvilMag
May 22, 2016, 07:39 AM
Well I guess it was the inevitable that we were gonna get the successor to GC Missions. I would have preferred if they tied EQ triggers behind team points.

new directors need to go. holy fucking shit.

Raujinn
May 22, 2016, 07:40 AM
Yeah 80 is way too fucking much per attempt. As Xaeris said, its the harsher restrictions on the outfits and how slow it is to get Star Gems unless you're chucking cash at them is why people are upset. Add in that because they're not tradable, you could easily end up with piles of outfits you don't want that you then cant do anything with before you get the one you do and it's just a horrific sounding system.

TaigaUC
May 22, 2016, 07:53 AM
The new directors always look really miserable for some reason.
I recall Suganuma always being a lot more lively.

Renvalt
May 22, 2016, 07:55 AM
Yeah 80 is way too fucking much per attempt. As Xaeris said, its the harsher restrictions on the outfits and how slow it is to get Star Gems unless you're chucking cash at them is why people are upset. Add in that because they're not tradable, you could easily end up with piles of outfits you don't want that you then cant do anything with before you get the one you do and it's just a horrific sounding system.

I'm beginning to imagine that this was a decision by the higher ups who have been pushing for more mawneys. Corporate greed trumps the sacred art, after all.

The new directors always look really miserable for some reason.
I recall Suganuma always being a lot more lively.

I'm going to assume that they're spiteful for some reason. Maybe something - or perhaps someone - is hampering the ideal that they have for the story?

Remind me again - who are EP4's directors?

Enforcer MKV
May 22, 2016, 07:56 AM
Well, good thing I don't want the DF outfits. Hopefully the JP blast Sega with all the Yamato particle cannons worth of hate before this sticks..

wefwq
May 22, 2016, 07:56 AM
Damn i'm glad i miss half of the broadcast, seems like the ship shrinking way too fast now.

And why are they picking the objectively worst area for LQ? wow man.
Adding unnecessary materials for few items, my storage are already stuffed, navigating around in the same item category are very painful.
Treasure shop was, uh.. i think the pricing are quite bad; 5 million space dollar for gold tokyo, really? no way people want to pay that much unless that they're really that desperate.

SG scratch are too much too; cash aside, price per try and the way SG acquired are way too unbalanced.
It felt like blatant trap to make people buy SG.

I was impressed how this new director fucked up everything this bad.

Meteor Weapon
May 22, 2016, 07:58 AM
I'm beginning to imagine that this was a decision by the higher ups who have been pushing for more mawneys. Corporate greed trumps the sacred art, after all.

And that greed is slowly killing the creativity of the game itself...I'm not sure if they even realized that or just us gaijins being salty lol. I can't believe I've ever been this salty before EP4 started lol. All that optimistic just vanished lol.

cheapgunner
May 22, 2016, 07:58 AM
Eq triggers tied to SGs.... and a scratch that uses SG. Oh lordy that looks bad.

Renvalt
May 22, 2016, 08:00 AM
Well, good thing I don't want the DF outfits. Hopefully the JP blast Sega with all the Yamato particle cannons worth of hate before this sticks..

That makes two of us!

Holy shit... and I thought SEGA couldn't stoop to levels of Konami grade trash-tier in terms of corporate desire. How they so easily prove me wrong, those corrupt sons of man.

And that greed is slowly killing the creativity of the game itself...I'm not sure if they even realized that or just us gaijins being salty lol. I can't believe I've ever been this salty before EP4 started lol. All that optimistic just vanished lol.

Personally, it's not just limited to SEGA. I'm seeing it all over - the desire for profit and fame often crushes any creativity laden within the mind of any artist. Especially if said covetous cretin has ties to a government of some sort (not saying that any of the folks I'm accusing HAVE them, but it does seem like it sometimes with the shit they pull).

SteveCZ
May 22, 2016, 08:02 AM
Things get more complicated than I thought.

Zorak000
May 22, 2016, 08:03 AM
the prices on the stuff in that star gem shop seemed to be variable; near the end of that bit they showed what was available changing. the Mining Base Trigger 2X for 294SG looks like it was a Bad Roll considering there was a single trigger right next to it for 80SG.

other lineups I saw:
Triboost 100: 29SG / A Different EQ Trigger?: 150SG / Single MBD Trigger: 150SG
100 tri: 15SG / MBD Trigger 1x: 80SG / MBD Trigger 1x: 150SG
100 tri: 15SG / Candy Box Tongs: 300SG (wat) / MBD Trigger 1x: 80SG

I am guessing there is a purchase limit, and the lineup changes for you periodically (or you fork over more gems to instantly refresh ._. )

EvilMag
May 22, 2016, 08:04 AM
https://twitter.com/kami_pepe

This guy is posting all the questions and answers in case you missed them.

wefwq
May 22, 2016, 08:11 AM
I am guessing there is a purchase limit, and the lineup changes for you periodically (or you fork over more gems to instantly refresh ._. )
http://puu.sh/p0ZWq.jpg
Yes, there's purchase limit.
I wonder what's the button on the top does, is it used to reset the purchase count just like collection file cooldown reset or something.

final_attack
May 22, 2016, 08:14 AM
InfinityFire-Type0 seems to be at +70% PowerUp (https://twitter.com/kami_pepe/status/734363277367640064) O_O

1526 → 2594
with 35 PP. I wonder if it'll have another PP reduction too ......

Zorak000
May 22, 2016, 08:19 AM
http://puu.sh/p0ZWq.jpg
Yes, there's purchase limit.
I wonder what's the button on the top does, is it used to reset the purchase count just like collection file cooldown reset or something.
I think it does that but also changes the lineup just to mess with you

also what is that trigger in the middle there

Kondibon
May 22, 2016, 08:21 AM
ROLLING AROUND AT THE SPEED OF SOUND!

cheapgunner
May 22, 2016, 08:21 AM
Have they shown that new limited quest run yet?

Kondibon
May 22, 2016, 08:22 AM
Have they shown that new limited quest run yet?Yeah, it was just more of the usual run around and murder shit.

wefwq
May 22, 2016, 08:23 AM
Have they shown that new limited quest run yet?
Yeah, they're using worst map in-game for that new LQ.

Enforcer MKV
May 22, 2016, 08:25 AM
Yeah, they're using worst map in-game for that new LQ.

Define "Worst map"

Kondibon
May 22, 2016, 08:26 AM
Define "Worst map"Sanctum is known for being obnoxiously mazelike, even when compared to other PSO2 maps. If it's an LQ though there's probably going to be a limited set of specific map layouts.

Sizustar
May 22, 2016, 08:27 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CjEGGy9WEAAd6sN.jpg

Lumpen Thingy
May 22, 2016, 08:28 AM
Define "Worst map"

Sanctum's shitty map generator that normally makes the maps MASSIVE as shit with a billion dead ends everywhere. Nice looking area but the map generator has been screwed there since it was new.

EvilMag
May 22, 2016, 08:29 AM
Not an issue anymore but I remember the weather effects in Sanctum giving me a headache. Mostly why I hated that area.

Sizustar
May 22, 2016, 08:29 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CjEGpJUVEAEi2En.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CjEGwLnUgAAqAL8.jpg

Kondibon
May 22, 2016, 08:31 AM
Somehow the Mother Cluster people manage to top the Falzes in the "generic evil anime organization" department. I hope they at least get half of the character development.

Poyonche
May 22, 2016, 08:33 AM
Yeah ! Even more Mother Cluster apostles !

wefwq
May 22, 2016, 08:33 AM
Define "Worst map"
It combine the bad part of multiple different map into one and add another bad stuff into it.
-F. continent floor trap
-V. cave gate, minus the key collection part though
-Sometimes the small platform you need to step on to open the gate are really hard to find
-One of the weather map effect makes entire screen gets rubbed with mud while another one feels like dragon perfume or something
-Confusing structures in general
-Area gate can spawn anywhere in the map rather than the edge part of the map

Enforcer MKV
May 22, 2016, 08:37 AM
Sanctum

Ha.....hahahaha........HAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHA.

Oh, this is my favorite area. I'm so happy right now. Holla!

Selphea
May 22, 2016, 08:39 AM
Sanctum actually gives lots of Exp per solo run if you're doing SHAQ, compared to other F cap quests.

Hitoshura
May 22, 2016, 08:40 AM
Eq triggers tied to SGs.... and a scratch that uses SG. Oh lordy that looks bad.

The EQ triggers cost so much that it's unfeasible to regularly run them without paying for more SGs, it really is just there for people to pay money for more chances at 13*s and stones. It's not like casino triggers where you can just grind for an hour or two, it's almost completely designed around getting players to pay money because non-paying players get SGs so slowly. Getting 100% on the current bingo only gets you 10, maxing out the meter on costumes gets you 2, gold Magatsu quest gets you 5 and the ones you get as a daily login bonus probably won't amount to much either, I'm expecting 5 or less. Unless there's a fairly strict limit on how often you can buy EQ triggers to keep paying players from having a large advantage, this is some bad stuff.

Kondibon
May 22, 2016, 08:46 AM
Ha.....hahahaha........HAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHA.

Oh, this is my favorite area. I'm so happy right now. Holla!Honestly, most of the problems with Sanctum don't even matter in a run around and kill stuff LQ anyway.

Manta Oyamada
May 22, 2016, 08:56 AM
Videos add (First page)

Goukezitsu
May 22, 2016, 09:11 AM
FFXIV Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2CfjgjfnDE

Kintama
May 22, 2016, 09:20 AM
I can't believe they made a teaser video out of a scratch we knew about months ago..

sparab
May 22, 2016, 09:25 AM
The last teaser is amazing imo. These costumes and camo are god-tier compare to those plastic board glued collab items.

Maninbluejumpsuit
May 22, 2016, 09:43 AM
Arg if this keeps up I'll reactivate my FF14 sub after 3 months away...

I'm surprised. That collab looks like where most of their effort went into. Maybe square fed them money to really do FF14 justice, and really make PSO2 the advertisment bilboard it was destined to be.

BubblyBoar
May 22, 2016, 10:06 AM

Dont know if this was answered (still reading thru the topic) but the current arc of FFXIV is heavenward which is about the Dragonsong War between Ishgard and Nidhogg (Bahamut's brother and one of the seven children of Midgardsomr).

It's about to hit the climax and end on June 7th, so yeah, pretty focused on dragons right now.

Maninbluejumpsuit
May 22, 2016, 10:10 AM
Dont know if this was answered (still reading thru the topic) but the current arc of FFXIV is heavenward which is about the Dragonsong War between Ishgard and Nidhogg (Bahamut's brother and one of the seven children of Midgardsomr).

It's about to hit the climax and end on June 7th, so yeah, pretty focused on dragons right now.

What ends June 7th? Last segment of heavensward content comes June 7th?

BubblyBoar
May 22, 2016, 10:14 AM
What ends June 7th? Last segment of heavensward content comes June 7th?

That's what I mean. Patch 3.3 which is the end of the Dragonsong War (Final battle and all) is 3.3 and releases June 7th. The rest of Heavenward after that will likely set up 4.0 like the last few patches of A Realm Reborn.

Maninbluejumpsuit
May 22, 2016, 10:22 AM
Well my hiatus during midas was shorter than I liked. Truth be told, the all day raid when midas dropped and the occasional pestering to do more dps as a SCH in midas savage burned me out (I've grown to hate the healer dps crap after now after 2 years. I want it to die). I kinda just want samurai already.

TaigaUC
May 22, 2016, 10:36 AM
Hooded apostle... I'll be surprised if she's not who she seems to be.
Being the only hooded apostle and the only one without a CV listed...

Skimming over the scratches, nothing I want in those scratches.
Zzz.

Kondibon
May 22, 2016, 10:40 AM
I went back to see if I could catch the price for the gold keys. They're 5m each. Thanks Sega but I'll stick to AQs...

http://puu.sh/p17Ut/ce5dcb171a.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/yNlQWRM.jpg?fb

Ephidiel
May 22, 2016, 10:42 AM
Hooded one has to be Khori
theres no other way

loafhero
May 22, 2016, 10:49 AM
Somehow the Mother Cluster people manage to top the Falzes in the "generic evil anime organization" department. I hope they at least get half of the character development.

But the Dark Falzes weren't even organized and were rarely on-screen together. They just went around doing their own thing without concern for the other... that said, yeah. The Mother Cluster group seems like EVERY anime evil organization group ever and their character designs are boring and dull to look at. I wished they went a little crazy with the Mother Cluster group's design just to make them look more distinct and unique but instead, they just go with boring human-looking designs. The Tokyo monsters look completely batshit insane so why not do the same with the Mother Cluster group?

As for their threat level, I doubt their as powerful as the Falzes but they at least seem to compensate it by being actually organized.

Also, FINALLY! Persona's outfit is available with the mask being completely optional! We can finally become Persona without having to murder a half naked girl!

Strange how they don't offer the undamaged version of Eucrita-Apprentice's outfit.

Kondibon
May 22, 2016, 10:53 AM
I wished they went a little crazy with the Mother Cluster group's design just to make them look more distinct and unique but instead, they just go with boring human-looking designs. The Tokyo monsters look completely batshit insane so why not do the same with the Mother Cluster group?Because they ARE humans? None of the Mother Cluster members are phantoms as far as I know.
And of course there's also the fact that we haven't actually seen what they do besides Hagito who seems REALLY bad at his job, and the poofy haired director who seems just as shit tier in the organization as Hagito.

Cyber Meteor
May 22, 2016, 10:59 AM
Strange how they don't offer the undamaged version of Eucrita-Apprentice's outfit.

But we got both version of apprentice outfit (undamaged and damaged)

http://www.bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Star-Gem-Stuff-June.jpg

However, Double and Loser outfits aren't there, we'll get it for the next SG scratch i guess:-P

loafhero
May 22, 2016, 11:01 AM
But we got both version of apprentice outfit (undamaged and damaged)

However, Double and Loser outfits aren't there, we'll get it for the next SG scratch i guess:-P

Ah, right. Euc-Apprentice outfit is the same as Granny Apprentice ^^;

Because they ARE humans? None of the Mother Cluster members are phantoms as far as I know.
Yeah, I know that Mother Cluster's ranks consist of humans but doesn't mean they have to look so dull. They could have given them different looking outfits instead of similar outfits with only minor variations. Bethor (the Director guy) looks very distinct and unique compared to them.

BubblyBoar
May 22, 2016, 11:02 AM
Well my hiatus during midas was shorter than I liked. Truth be told, the all day raid when midas dropped and the occasional pestering to do more dps as a SCH in midas savage burned me out (I've grown to hate the healer dps crap after now after 2 years. I want it to die). I kinda just want samurai already.

I dont raid, I'm one of those losers that has fun with all the casual non-raid content FFXIV gives me.

Zorua
May 22, 2016, 11:09 AM
I for one am very excited for one of the new antagonists.
http://www.bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Mother-Cluster.jpg
http://images-cdn.moviepilot.com/images/c_scale,h_810,w_1440/t_mp_quality/qyudyvw9cjha1xhjghjj/yu-gi-oh-the-kings-of-games-yuma-tsukumo-wearing-his-duel-gazer-728380.jpg
We Yugioh now

Sizustar
May 22, 2016, 11:10 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CjEOU2PWsAAQDjI.jpg

TaigaUC
May 22, 2016, 11:30 AM
I miss PSO1.

Anyway, I skimmed over the Twitter Q&A since I wasn't listening to the stream one.
Someone asked if old Collection Files will be revived.
SEGA said something like "Nope, they're a one-time only thing so you gotta get 'em now."

Dicks.

The hooded apostle is clearly Melphonseana, Melrandia's older sister!
She didn't die, she was sucked into a parallel world!

Well, no. It has to be shotacon otakuface.

Seriously though, I haven't been paying attention to the story at all.

AlphaBlob
May 22, 2016, 11:42 AM
I miss PSO1.

Anyway, I skimmed over the Twitter Q&A since I wasn't listening to the stream one.
SEGA said something like "Nope, they're a one-time only thing so you gotta get 'em now."

Dicks.
I bet they'll revive them later anyway, they'll lack content and want to get a quick "woah" reaction. It happened with limited quests so I wouldn't be surprised if it happens for collection files.

Meteor Weapon
May 22, 2016, 11:42 AM
So...why are we even dealing with Earthlings again?

Zorua
May 22, 2016, 11:45 AM
We're trying to prevent the Dark Falz ghost from finding an Earthling host because they won't have any way to stop a darker invasion if it happened on Earth. Also, I feel it might also be because ESC-A keeps fucking with us and sending little kids on their VITAs to play ARKS.

NephyrisX
May 22, 2016, 12:15 PM
Because Earthlings keeps messing with us and our stuff.

I get the feeling that Mother Cluster members aren't taking "HOLY SHIT WE OPEN UP AN ALTERNATE DIMENSION AND PISSED OFF A PARAMILITARY ORGANISATION THAT CONTAINED A POTENTIALLY UNIVERSE-EATING ENTITY" seriously at all.

Also, it seems its members contains some prominent people, like a proficient surgeon, a best-selling author, mathematician, etc.

Zyrusticae
May 22, 2016, 12:49 PM
THESE OUTFITS SUCK.

WHERE ARE OUR IN-UNIVERSE AESTHETICALLY CONSISTENT OUTFITS, SEGA? WHY THIS GENERIC CRAP THAT IS SO SIMILAR TO SHIT THAT'S ALREADY IN THE GAME? WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHYYYYYY

*ahem*

Nothing new here. Business as usual. Grumble grumble, mutter mutter.

Mega Ultra Chicken
May 22, 2016, 02:00 PM
*Reads the thread*

PSOW hates the updates. What a surprise.

Anyways... I used to be really excited about the idea of getting one of the DF outfits... but I find myself feeling meh about it four years later. Maybe I don't have any characters that the outfits would suit.

Meteor Weapon
May 22, 2016, 02:41 PM

I get the feeling that Mother Cluster members aren't taking "HOLY SHIT WE OPEN UP AN ALTERNATE DIMENSION AND PISSED OFF A PARAMILITARY ORGANISATION THAT CONTAINED A POTENTIALLY UNIVERSE-EATING ENTITY" seriously at all.

Also, it seems its members contains some prominent people, like a proficient surgeon, a best-selling author, mathematician, etc.

Well we did blew up Hagito's Yamato, one of Earth's most iconic weapon without breaking much sweat. I just hope these Earthlings soon realize ARKS and Profound Darkness aren't something they dick around with, PD is the perfect corrupted copy of Xion instead of the half-assed copy Xion that was thrown into subspace of lol Earth. I think ARKS would just lay waste Earth if Luther was still kept in charge and around lol. So far our MC made phantoms a total joke, not doing much effort at all to neutralize them. Hell, a mere super hero landing from our MC nuked an entire army of phantoms lol.

Z-0
May 22, 2016, 03:15 PM
PSOW hates the updates. What a surprise.
Well, the updates are bad, so what did you expect?

Zorak000
May 22, 2016, 03:37 PM
I've concluded that as long as there are active Collection Files; and if they rely on EQs, that the EQ schedule focuses on those / if it is a random EQ that the random EQ picker favors it (like it kinda does now), the EQ triggers don't really affect F2P players much at all as it stands.

SG scratch being account bound is lame though.

Cyber Meteor
May 22, 2016, 03:43 PM
Fun fact : SG scratch items are 10*, also this new scratch will last for pretty long (ends on December 14th)
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/a3T8VyO.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Rupikachu
May 22, 2016, 03:49 PM
I miss PSO1.

Dicks.

The hooded apostle is clearly Melphonseana, Melrandia's older sister!
She didn't die, she was sucked into a parallel world!

Well, no. It has to be shotacon otakuface.

Seriously though, I haven't been paying attention to the story at all.

Hooded Apostle is Persona 2, aka you did more wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff, its actually the MC secret plot, in ep 7 they will merge back into the ultimate being in the multiverse to defeat Profund Monica with the power of friendship and photons (and a cheesy animu song as bg music).

Raujinn
May 22, 2016, 04:48 PM
Fun fact : SG scratch items are 10*, also this new scratch will last for pretty long (ends on December 14th)
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/a3T8VyO.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Given the worst case scenario is it'll take 80 days to have one attempt (40 for premium) that's potentially not long enough to get what you want from it, especially if you're one of those people who wants the right accessories too. Though as I said, that's WORST CASE as in it assumes you wont get the extra Star Gems from bingos and other things and also assumes you never spend any AC. So yeah, odds may be pretty much in your favor that you will get the costume you want sometime in the next 6 and a half months.

arokidaaron
May 22, 2016, 05:23 PM
Am I the only person here who thinks that the Moogle is gonna be a pet for Summoners? The fact that they only showed part of it, but not whole of it, makes it kinda mysterious making me think it is gonna be a pet, and basing from their pattern, they add new pets every other month makes seem that it's likely gonna be a pet.

Rakurai
May 22, 2016, 05:29 PM
I'm not really liking that fact that some of the new PA/Tech customs are different enough that they might as well be new PAs entirely.

I also hope they had the sense to make the Na Zan custom still work on things that are immune to knockback.

Cyber Meteor
May 22, 2016, 05:37 PM
Given the worst case scenario is it'll take 80 days to have one attempt (40 for premium) that's potentially not long enough to get what you want from it, especially if you're one of those people who wants the right accessories too. Though as I said, that's WORST CASE as in it assumes you wont get the extra Star Gems from bingos and other things and also assumes you never spend any AC. So yeah, odds may be pretty much in your favor that you will get the costume you want sometime in the next 6 and a half months.

They'll change the login stamp reward, so that you get 5 SG every 5 days, so 30 SG for 30 days while freemium, 15 days if premium, the SG will replace the AQ stones. Also while we're about login reward, they'll indeed remove the grind skip -> 5 item, it'll be replaced by a "Great Success grind +50% x2" items.

Achelousaurus
May 22, 2016, 05:54 PM
10* costumes.lolwut.
How do you even?
I mean we got 10* weapon and 10* unit passes but no 10* costume passes.
Does that mean we can trade the costumes but need 10* costume passes that will be introduced with these?
Cause otherwise I honestly don't see any point whatsoever to treat these different from other untradeable stuff.

Maninbluejumpsuit
May 22, 2016, 06:04 PM
10* costumes.lolwut.
How do you even?
I mean we got 10* weapon and 10* unit passes but no 10* costume passes.
Does that mean we can trade the costumes but need 10* costume passes that will be introduced with these?
Cause otherwise I honestly don't see any point whatsoever to treat these different from other untradeable stuff.

They're untradable.

sesiom000
May 22, 2016, 06:29 PM
SEGA delivers once again with a live full of nothing but pay to win???
WHERE IS THE GAMEPLAY????
A limited quest in SANCTUM are you serious???? And an updated version of an EQ that has been done to death already and that´s it????
That´s all we get in this upcoming months????
WHAT???
Where is the rest of the gameplay like lvl 80,new enemies, new areas, new modes and quests??? i only see pay to do this and pay to do that???
This live was so BAD...the only thing new was the costumes basically the rest is just tweaks recycled content and SEGA new ways of taking the cash from the players...
When you see a Bonus Gold card from tokyo costing 5M meseta and an Excube costing 400k it means that SEGA is totally on drugs...
They clearly dont know what is going on on they´re game or they are just drinking too much sake at work cause i refuse too believe how dumb those guys can be...
What a dissapointment Pso2 is turning out to be...

Naoya Kiriyama
May 22, 2016, 06:44 PM
Where is the rest of the gameplay like lvl 80,new enemies, new areas, new modes and quests??? i only see pay to do this and pay to do that???

The last time SEGA did this it ended with some people here ragequitting and rageuninstalling the game. So I don't get why are people asking for stuff like this if they're still going to complain either way :-?

TaigaUC
May 22, 2016, 07:18 PM
Someone asked if there will be more Ultimate Quest.
SEGA said there are plans for it, but they are still a long ways off.
So you can probably assume that the 13 star dripfeeding will continue for at least that long.

SEGA has somehow managed to make me even less interested in playing PSO2.
I thought I'd list the reasons I play PSO2 and comment on how SEGA is delivering on those fronts:
[spoiler-box]Bosses:
No new bosses for a long time now. No exciting ones that I can recall, anyway.
Yamato is obviously a disappointment. And next we're just getting PD Plus. No thanks.

Challenge Quest:
No new Challenge Quest for a long time now. Only two over the past two years.
They still haven't fixed issues with people leaving or taking forever to decide rolls.

Nice outfits:
They're somehow managing to continuously release scratches of zero interest to me.

New playstyles:
Summoner pets mostly have the same attacks, and are a huge pain to raise/setup.
Other classes just get a rebalancing (aka. PA customization) or new PA once a year, or two.
Remember when classes usually came with 2-3 weapons? Bouncer was severely lacking in PAs. Jet Boots still are.
Now we have Summoner, whose pets are all largely identical. Where the hell is the fresh gameplay and variation?
It shouldn't take them 1.5 years to pump out a half-assed class.

In general SEGA doesn't seem to know how to make the PA system more interesting.
They resorted to making PAs to fill specific purposes and nothing else.
Look at the Bouncer PAs. Especially Jet Boots. There's a travel PA, a boss PA, a single target PA and an AOE PA.
There's no depth or reason to use other PAs. They could add incentive to use other PAs via skills or some kind of combo system.
But no, they'd rather just not add anything at all.
Summoner is the same kind of thing, that's why they keep copy pasting PAs between pets.

Socializing with JP people:
A bunch of friends (both EN and JP) don't play anymore, for whatever reason. Sick of the game, busy with life. I'm sure some found better games to play.
Some had problems with assholes ruining the game for them, to the point that they can't enjoy PSO2 anymore and had to quit/go into hiding.
SEGA allowing people to spy on what friends are doing seems to have created a lot of problems. Not for me, since I mostly just idle.

Thanks to how multis are setup, a bunch of JP friends keep doing organized runs with each other, and no space for me because i'm not a high priority to them.
Not that I want to do the same damn EQs over and over anymore.
But it's still annoying, considering I introduced several of those people to each other via my organized runs.
I've learned to not expect people to treat me the way I treat them, because they won't.

I'm sure I'm not the only one being left out, but the problem is I don't want to friend too many people because it devalues my relationships overall.
So I don't have alternative options, nor do I want to pursue alternative options. Once I find decent people, I'd prefer to stick to them than try to fill their spots.
Others don't do that. They friend everyone and just go with whoever. I don't want to have relationships like that.
There are other places where I've socialized with JP people who treat me better. I should focus more on those instead.

Stuff driving me away:
Story I really don't care about. Notice they keep pumping out new characters all the damn time.
There are way too many new chars, and old chars just fade into obscurity.
You can tell SEGA doesn't care about their own characters much.
I can't help but feel that PSO2 has virtually no respect for the Phantasy Star universe.

Huge focus on unnecessary 13 stars that are all around the same strength, and many look very ugly.
Basic features like seeing last login date still missing. Lack of small group/solo content.
Lack of interesting content in general. Increased focus on Star Gems.
Players sucking in various ways. Huge focus on dripfeeding farming.
Much leaning towards casual players, whilst simultaneously not catering to veteran players.

There are too many things that are just not fun, or are plagued with some pain-up-the-ass system.
With SEGA, it's always one step forward, ten steps back.
If you have to rely on incentives to get people to play your content, chances are the content itself is not fun.
[/spoiler-box]

Anyway, that's just my personal experience and opinion.
I know people will just reply with "then quit, good riddance, nobody will miss you".
My presence or lack of won't change the fact PSO2 does not seem to be heading in a good direction.
And I know I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Z-0
May 22, 2016, 07:22 PM
The last time SEGA did this it ended with some people here ragequitting and rageuninstalling the game. So I don't get why are people asking for stuff like this if they're still going to complain either way :-?
That's because they added something that was completely off-shoot to Phantasy Star, and wasn't exactly "new content". As far as I'm concerned, new areas in PSO2 doesn't equal new content because all the maps are the same.

.razor.
May 22, 2016, 07:22 PM
> no ffxiv relic bow

fuck you sega

Maninbluejumpsuit
May 22, 2016, 07:26 PM
Challenge Quest:
No new Challenge Quest for a long time now. Only two over the past two years.
They still haven't fixed issues with people leaving or taking forever to decide rolls.

People leaving mid-quest is one thing.

People leaving at the teleporter, or taking forever to decide roles before they start is out of SEGA's hands.

Nice outfits:
They're somehow managing to continuously release scratches of zero interest to me.

I'm willing to give the japanese motif stuff a try this time around.

Other than that, yeah same old problems. 12 person MPA quests need to stop unless it's something like CM1. We need challenge, and interesting things to do. The formula is super stale. You either farm for the latest 13*, or cubes, and I'm at the point where I'm not doing much of either thing because I have austere.

Raujinn
May 22, 2016, 07:34 PM
They'll change the login stamp reward, so that you get 5 SG every 5 days, so 30 SG for 30 days while freemium, 15 days if premium, the SG will replace the AQ stones. Also while we're about login reward, they'll indeed remove the grind skip -> 5 item, it'll be replaced by a "Great Success grind +50% x2" items.

That's what I said is it not? If I wasn't clear, this was taking the upcoming login stamp reward into account. In the worst case, you get 2 SG per day if premium and 1SG if freemium (assuming you log in every day). At 80 per attempt, that's 40 days premium and 80 freemium (worst case if they dont get SG through any other avenue, though the only non-cash one is gonna be bingo cards I think?).

TaigaUC
May 22, 2016, 07:43 PM
People leave at the teleporter because it's such a pain to set shit up.
It's not out of SEGA's hands because they could streamline the process easily.

Example: Add a GUI where you can select roles you are interested in or have previous experience in.
Instead you have to wait for people to voice their interest, and they are waiting and watching other people's reactions too.
We can't read each other's mind.

Yes, I know you can add comments under your name. But that is nowhere near enough space.
And I still see people come in asking for roles that have already been decided.
It's shitty implementation. Only SEGA can improve it, and they f'kn don't because they're lazy as shit.

Maninbluejumpsuit
May 22, 2016, 07:57 PM
Example: Add a GUI where you can select roles you are interested in or have previous experience in.
Instead you have to wait for people to voice their interest, and they are waiting and watching other people's reactions too.
We can't read each other's mind.

Yes, I know you can add comments under your name. But that is nowhere near enough space.
And I still see people come in asking for roles that have already been decided.
It's shitty implementation. Only SEGA can improve it, and they f'kn don't because they're lazy as shit.

For CM1 roles?

You do remember how many different strats, methods, and little nuances there are right? I am not going to hold it against SEGA if they're not able to/refuse to make a GUI with the following survey:

Where will you go on M5?
Where will you go on M7?
What weapons will you use?
What disks will you use?
Are you confident in your ability to kill a ragne solo in a cage match within a time limit?
Are you confident in your ability to not trigger sensor traps?
Etc.

The amount of details and nuances in CM strats makes it silly to think they need to make a GUI for it. Bigger MMOs than PSO2 expect players to discuss strats like this amongst themselves. Things more defined such as 'you're a healer', 'you're a tank' is something that can be done through UI. Thing is, in CM, everyone is a class that can do anything, and change on the fly, so that's out.

Great Pan
May 22, 2016, 07:59 PM
OK, where is my dark, gritty, space horror fighting game I used to know?

And that hooded girl must be MATOI, I KNEW IT!

Alisha
May 22, 2016, 09:03 PM

the same thing happens on FF14. it happens because the hardcore players are mad the the game isnt made for them. the sooner you accept pso 2 is for casuals the better it will be for you. however i think this issue is exascurbated(sp?) in pso 2 because there is no raid level content. it's plain as day sega is more interested in bringing in new players then keeping old ones. i wouldnt be surprised if they are deluded into thinking this ff14 collab will entice ff14 players to play pso 2 during ff14 content luls.

Zeroem
May 22, 2016, 09:08 PM
*sees rant left and right* Well, can't say I was surprised.

There are lots of things that would scratch my head, and I was sitting yesterday, like, "No Raphael+Gabriel camo? Not even Gemini's repca? Wow, even after the series' cold sleep, SEGA still want to bury Sakura Taisen V's existence". At least SEGA are kind enough to release Ogami and Sakura's spirit sword repca. And Koubu, of course. Still hoping they would change AIS model to Koubu for the duration of the collab scratch.

The next scratch has some okay lineups. SG scratch is evil, but still reserve final judgment until I see the scratch's lineup. Guaranteed costume, or the same like other scratches? Pa costumization is neat, but still a low number of lineup, considering the timespan between pa crafts releases. Bonus shop is........eeeeeeeh. The new Mother Cluster apostles are kind of okay, until I realized the doctor's seiyuu is also the one who voiced Dio.

FFXIV collab costumes is good.

Maninbluejumpsuit
May 22, 2016, 09:14 PM
The new Mother Cluster apostles are kind of okay, until I realized the doctor's seiyuu is also the one who voiced Dio.

Have a problem with him? I personally want SEGA to have him say something like 'we want to take over ZA WARUDO!'

loafhero
May 22, 2016, 09:31 PM

Does Mother Cluster even know about the dark galaxy ending monster? I was under the impression that they've been messing with Oracle without ever fully comprehending the bigger picture, caring only about their own interests and that their all too arrogant to see that because their ranks consists of Earth society's elites and the fact that they have successfully infiltrated Oracle with the unregistered ARKS, they currently have no reason to take Oracle (or just the PC) seriously.

OK, where is my dark, gritty, space horror fighting game I used to know?

And that hooded girl must be MATOI, I KNEW IT!

Dark?... Gritty?... Space horror (unless you're talking about Dudu and Monica)?

Have a problem with him? I personally want SEGA to have him say something like 'we want to take over ZA WARUDO!'

Or have his voice become an available voice ticket with the VA in Dio's character. Alternatively, it'd be awesome if the VA makes a reference to his character from Gintama just like how Huey's VA made a reference to his character from Fairy Tail during his boss fight in EP1's Chapter EX :D

I'm also rather worried that the Earth arc will end with Oracle deciding to let the Earhtlings continue to play PSO2 using a cheesy friendship excuse saying that the real ARKS have become friends with the Fake ARKS and that it would be cruel to tear both factions apart.

CoWorker
May 22, 2016, 09:45 PM
Does anybody have info on 13* Old Weapons (Ver2)?

I'm curious if they're all class like in the broadcast

Zanverse
May 22, 2016, 10:02 PM
Is it bad that I don't give a damn about any of the new collabs? The only thing that'd catch my attention is a PSO2 x Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4 collab with Stand weapon camos, and Jotaro and Josuke player cards.

Triste
May 22, 2016, 10:10 PM
Is it bad that I don't give a damn about any of the new collabs? The only thing that'd catch my attention is a PSO2 x Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4 collab with Stand weapon camos, and Jotaro and Josuke player cards.

Bad? I wouldn't say so. Taste is a huge part of fashion choices, and both your appreciation for specific designs and other IPs will weigh on what you'd want to spend AC or Meseta on.

Out of all of the collaborations shown off, I'm really happy we're getting a Sakura Taisen set. The designs aren't incredibly unique, but, I appreciate Sega giving the series recognition again.

oratank
May 22, 2016, 10:24 PM
20th anniversary campaign with 1 girl.well sakai really hate sakurataisen hope they gonna make it more (´・ω・`)

Zeroem
May 23, 2016, 01:06 AM

Who says I got a problem with the seiyuu. Please don't jump to conclusions that fast lel.

I personally found the inclusion of Dio's seiyuu as amusing, considering how many players makes fun of dio drops in EQs; then we got actual Dio seiyuu in-game.

Well, how people react to collabs is personal matter, honestly. IP appreciation, personal memories of the said IP, and other factor matter when talking about people's reaction. People getting nuts over Fate or Madoka collab some time ago, and I was like....eh. Also while others getting their fangirl mode on from FFXIV collab, I was just sitting like.....huh.

pkemr4
May 23, 2016, 02:11 AM
Socializing with JP people:
A bunch of friends (both EN and JP) don't play anymore, for whatever reason. Sick of the game, busy with life. I'm sure some found better games to play.
Some had problems with assholes ruining the game for them, to the point that they can't enjoy PSO2 anymore and had to quit/go into hiding.
SEGA allowing people to spy on what friends are doing seems to have created a lot of problems. Not for me, since I mostly just idle.

Thanks to how multis are setup, a bunch of JP friends keep doing organized runs with each other, and no space for me because i'm not a high priority to them.
Not that I want to do the same damn EQs over and over anymore.
But it's still annoying, considering I introduced several of those people to each other via my organized runs.
I've learned to not expect people to treat me the way I treat them, because they won't.

I'm sure I'm not the only one being left out, but the problem is I don't want to friend too many people because it devalues my relationships overall.
So I don't have alternative options, nor do I want to pursue alternative options. Once I find decent people, I'd prefer to stick to them than try to fill their spots.
Others don't do that. They friend everyone and just go with whoever. I don't want to have relationships like that.
There are other places where I've socialized with JP people who treat me better. I should focus more on those instead.

people are to autistic and circlejerky over stupid shit which is a really annoying thing for a casual as fuck game. but thats just my 2cent on things.

suzaku0zero0
May 23, 2016, 02:11 AM
I was hoping of an L ring for Ra, so we can zoom in and hit things further away than normal 1st person shooter view

Just like the zoom scope animation in the Yamato eq (before 2nd/AIS phase, the cutscene we cannot skip)

Dammy
May 23, 2016, 02:31 AM
Just looked at bumped :/
Long list , but actually most of it is just collabs, outfits, bingo, and pso2 es stuff

Where the hell is new content ?
Amduscia Ult, Shironia and Kuronia advance quests, 12* units, team update, extreme quests 71+ stages, 76+ lvl cap, PA/techs 18+ lv etc

this shit is happening for a long time , they just feed us with costumes and soundtracks

SilkaN
May 23, 2016, 05:23 AM
Just looked at bumped :/
Long list , but actually most of it is just collabs, outfits, bingo, and pso2 es stuff

Where the hell is new content ?
Amduscia Ult, Shironia and Kuronia advance quests, 12* units, team update, extreme quests 71+ stages, 76+ lvl cap, PA/techs 18+ lv etc

this shit is happening for a long time , they just feed us with costumes and soundtracks

That's the stuff that helps Sega making money.
You know, with the launch of PSO2 on PS4, I think Sega's trying to milk this new playerbase first before giving the PC (and Vita, lol) vets new content. Maybe when the PS4 players are getting bored of the current endgame. But for now, they are busy catching up, imo.

Selphea
May 23, 2016, 05:50 AM
I think they're going the GW2 route of sidegrades and aesthetics with some story in between from here on out.

Not necessarily a bad thing imo, as long as they add new content at a healthy clip.

SteveCZ
May 23, 2016, 06:05 AM
I got to agree the updates have been rather flat lately.
Basically the difficulty has been the same for quite a long time, and the weapons are also stop growing since Orbit and Austere.

黒雪Yacchi
May 23, 2016, 08:12 AM
I got to agree the updates have been rather flat lately.
Basically the difficulty has been the same for quite a long time, and the weapons are also stop growing since Orbit and Austere.

IMO They released Austere prematurely.

ZerotakerZX
May 23, 2016, 01:00 PM
Do we really even need new weapons, if everybody dies greatly with current set?

isCasted
May 23, 2016, 01:33 PM
Can't oneshoot Lv80 Zombies with Assault Buster yet.

RPG progression SEGA style.