PDA

View Full Version : Tech, Pet Attack and Pet PA AW Proc Rate MiniRant

Petunia
Apr 17, 2016, 07:12 AM
The fuck, SEGA?
Fo and Te spam Techs, thats kind of their thing, and you have their Auto-Words proc on EVERY Tech cast?
Su's entire thing is attacking with their pets, so you have their Pet Attack and Pet PA Auto-Words proc on EVERY ACTION?! Su literally can't do anything without spamming AWs. Pet Attack, Pet PA and Techniques, all 3 things Su's HAVE to do, and all 3 of them have a 100% proc rate.

Why not just remove the Auto-Word slots for these 3 things, because no one is gonna use them if they spam like that. Jesus, SEGA.
Does anyone check this stuff anymore?

What were they thinking? Why can't we have a slider that lets us pick the proc rate or something? I wanna have AWs for immersion, but literally spamming the chat is not what anyone wants.
No wonder people hate Auto-Word users :|

wefwq
Apr 17, 2016, 07:22 AM
Rants: Dead horse Society (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
All venting, or ranting posts here. Also for serious discussion.

isCasted
Apr 17, 2016, 07:23 AM
Autowords shouldn't exist period.

Shirou66
Apr 17, 2016, 07:27 AM
Well, don't underestimate those people who feel like their character is the prettiest in the whole damn universe and decided to pop their creepy face for each action, they would definitely enjoy showing off their faces each time they attack

Consider how most of the action are reduce when players are NPCs, Spending most of the time wandering around enemy mobs, side walking, those auto words are most likely for people who wanna register partner cards, just to add some characteristic for it, I mean, let's be real, normal people would not wanna have chat bubble constantly showing up on their screen blocking stuff, specially for VITA players

Petunia
Apr 17, 2016, 07:28 AM
Rants: Dead horse Society (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
All venting, or ranting posts here. Also for serious discussion.

I didn't even know that forum existed... Learn something new every day.

wefwq
Apr 17, 2016, 07:32 AM
I didn't even know that forum existed... Learn something new every day.
Also reminder for problematic AWs:

1) You can actually blacklist the said person, you'll never see their cutscene with their ugly face all over your screen
2) did i said, blacklist?

These people can be frustating if you meet them, yes.
I'm usually just put them into blacklist to make them shut the fuck up semi-permanently.

Now, if you encounter more than one of them on the same MPA...

Shirou66
Apr 17, 2016, 07:39 AM
Also reminder for problematic AWs:

1) You can actually blacklist the said person, you'll never see their cutscene with their ugly face all over your screen
2) did i said, blacklist?

These people can be frustating if you meet them, yes.
I'm usually just put them into blacklist to make them shut the fuck up semi-permanently.

Now, if you encounter more than one of them on the same MPA...

Well, the cap for blacklist is 200, I don't know about you, but I already used up all of my blacklist quota. There's only so much you can blacklist :-(

SteveCZ
Apr 17, 2016, 07:55 AM
Please move this to Rants: Dead Horse Society (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)

Z-0
Apr 17, 2016, 07:59 AM
I don't really see the point of moving any PSO2-related rants to the Rants subforum -- nobody is going to notice them there and it's not like this is necessarily off-topic. There's nothing wrong with a rant, the community can discuss how they feel about it.

Fanboys, probably, who can't seem to realise criticism of a game doesn't equal negativity.

SteveCZ
Apr 17, 2016, 08:01 AM
I don't really see the point of moving any PSO2-related rants to the Rants subforum -- nobody is going to notice them there and it's not like this is necessarily off-topic. There's nothing wrong with a rant, the community can discuss how they feel about it.

Fanboys, probably, who can't seem to realise criticism of a game doesn't equal negativity.

Can simply open a discussion instead of ranting that leads to flame to everyone else. Nothing to do with criticism whatsoever. Your final sentence is completely unrelated.

It's not like the post is deleted anyway. If this ranting demand is so high and everyone wants to hear it so much, one can just open a Rants Thread in this section to pool all the rants in one single thread (just like QQ thread and accomplishment thread) so they are not all over the place or hidden like that Rants: Dead Horse Society. That'd be nice.

jooozek
Apr 17, 2016, 08:35 AM
funny thing OP i think i have you on my blacklist for autoword spam :wacko:

SilkaN
Apr 17, 2016, 08:37 AM
Can simply open a discussion instead of ranting that leads to flame to everyone else. Nothing to do with criticism whatsoever. Your final sentence is completely unrelated.

It's not like the post is deleted anyway. If this ranting demand is so high and everyone wants to hear it so much, one can just open a Rants Thread in this section to pool all the rants in one single thread (just like QQ thread and accomplishment thread) so they are not all over the place or hidden like that Rants: Dead Horse Society. That'd be nice.

I'd love to see more of the ridiculous stuff people would rant about in a thread exclusively dedicated to rants. You'd never have to search for the most entertaining thread yourself anymore.

femme fatale
Apr 17, 2016, 08:44 AM
don't you have a whole army of public autowords too OP?

TaigaUC
Apr 17, 2016, 08:44 AM
What Z-0 said. Nothing wrong with a rant if it's relevant to PSO2.

Anyway, I also find it annoying that my characters' Tech AW rate is so high.
Makes me feel like I'm spamming the party.
It's just as well I usually play alone and I rarely use Tech classes.

Other AW spam that shits me is people who have a public AW whenever they pick up a rare.
Which is every few moments. Very irritating.

I didn't know pet AWs trigger on every action. I've been so lazy I haven't updated my AWs for years.

Kondibon
Apr 17, 2016, 08:58 AM
I deleted my tech/attack autowords a while back because it got old fast.

Public auto words that aren't related to gameplay annoy me. Same with AWs that use cutins for things that happen often, or while I kinda need to see, like PSEs and emergency codes.

Other than that I don't care.

EDIT: It's worth mentioning that plenty of people use auto words to just make their character's voice say a specific thing it normally wouldn't for that action. I've just been too lazy to bother with anything like that, since I don't even know what they're saying most of the time.

Petunia
Apr 17, 2016, 09:36 AM
don't you have a whole army of public autowords too OP?
Only in Trial-heavy EQs. My AWs are actually pretty silent otherwise.

And people B-Listing me for them isn't a problem. That's why the B-List exists, and that isn't the issue here. Autowords are a part of the game, so there shouldn't be an issue with them being used. It's more the fact that 3 kinds of AWs are spammed with no cooldown, and those 3 are class-heavy.
Like, Just Guarding isn't something done too often and that has a pretty low proc rate for AWs. Same goes for Skill Activation and using a Healing item, all of them have pretty low Proc rates considering they're rarely done.
But Techs, Pet Attacks and Pet PAs are literally the meat of the classes they related to and they have a 100% proc rate.
Who okayed that?

NoobSpectre
Apr 17, 2016, 10:37 AM
When you live in an environment that mobs or boss one-two shot you, AW, especially cut ins are best removed entirely.

Unless you can dodge something like Dark Falz Loser homing balls while 4 cut-ins blocked 80% of your screen.

Death aw is allowable but hey, theres where the minimap and death icon comes in handy right?

Petunia
Apr 17, 2016, 11:12 AM
Yeah Cut In and Symbol Art AWs are too much.
Now imagine them attached to Tech, Pet Attack and Pet PA on a Su using all its abilities.

AlphaBlob
Apr 17, 2016, 11:36 AM
There's no reason to use public auto words except for A.I.S. AW should just remain in party chat and the fact that people have to use a hidden chat commands just so everyone can hear what they say is irritating. Trials AW shouldn't be a reason either, because the message pop up right in the middle of the Trials and by that time, everyone already knows about it.

ieptav
Apr 17, 2016, 11:59 AM
There's no reason to use public auto words except for A.I.S. AW should just remain in party chat and the fact that people have to use a hidden chat commands just so everyone can hear what they say is irritating. Trials AW shouldn't be a reason either, because the message pop up right in the middle of the Trials and by that time, everyone already knows about it.

Public autowords for being revived is always nice, though it's a bit silly when it occurs if you have to use a halfdoll.

That's the extent of my AW usage.