PDA

View Full Version : New to PSO2 and will (hopefully) be playing the PS4 version.

Codes
Apr 18, 2016, 03:38 PM
Hey all, 1st time post by a long time psoworld lurker here. Mainly a PSU (x360) vet but played PSO on Xbox and played the DS game too. And I absolutely need to play a Phantasy Star again. Unfortunately I'm no pc gamer though, so I'll have to play the PS4 version. Which means playing in Japanese. Which raises a few issues and questions. I guess a big question is how hard will it be and is it worth it? Either way I'm gunna give it my best and see how it goes.

So obviously there will be no English patches I can apply to the ps4 version of the game, I'll have to go by guides and trial and error. Which I'm okay with. I've seen the stickys on some of the guides but if anyone has any suggested guides or websites to help me get going that'd be great too.

Also where would be a good server (ship?) to play on? A helpful English community would be great. And if anyone is gunna be switching over or starting out on the ps4 feel free to add me. I likely will be playing on my Japanese psn since I don't think I'll be able to on my main account. My Japanese psn is CodeAKA.

And as a general noob to the game any and all tips for getting started would be a great help too.

One more question, is the iOS app worth making a Japanese apple account to get the game? Does it connect or use the same character info as the main game?

Thanks for your patients in dealing with an English pso2 noob who just wants to play some Phantasy Star again. I'm sure I'll have more dumb questions in the near future. I'll use this thread to ask them. And anyone else in the same boat as me can too.

CocoCrispy
Apr 18, 2016, 03:45 PM
Although there are other English communities, Ship 2 is by far the largest of them. As far as blocks go, I'm not sure if they'll be like Vita where you'll have console only blocks and limited shared blocks for all platforms.

This (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195744) is a super old guide I used back when I played in the betas. I'm sure there's some resource that's more updated somewhere.

Have fun! I'm trying to get the ps4 version too. :3

Edit: I forgot about your question about pso2es. That game is optional but if you do play with your pso2 character, you can transfer over a small percentage of experience gained by playing when you link the two. It's great if you need something to kill time on the go. Just be warned that your pso2es character will start at level 1 whether you import your character or create a new one, so you'll have to level up the mobile version classes all over again with mobile exclusive quests.

There's really nothing to lose by playing es, and it gives you an easy way to buy AC.

Altiea
Apr 18, 2016, 05:22 PM
One more question, is the iOS app worth making a Japanese apple account to get the game? Does it connect or use the same character info as the main game?

The Android version is better, since in the Android version, you can purchase ARKS Cash (the premium currency, compare GUARDIANS Cash) directly through it. The iOS version only dispenses iAC, which can only be used in the mobile version. Otherwise, if you're not going to buy AC, either version doesn't matter.

As for the rest of the question, you can link your PSO2 account to the mobile game and get a huge number of interconnectivity bonuses. You can grind for EXP using pre-existing characters, you can get Passes and feed your MAG, and you can access Player Shops. There's a whole lot to do, and it's a good way to access your character when you can't play PSO2 directly. I would recommend it for a PSO2 player.

Codes
Apr 18, 2016, 06:39 PM
Thanks for the advice, guide and tips. I have an old android phone I may get the app for that.

Hopefully it doesn't take too long to get into the swing of the game. If anyone else is gunna get it for PS4 don't be afraid to add me and we can party up to fight through the struggle together.

Altiea
Apr 18, 2016, 06:45 PM
Thanks for the advice, guide and tips. I have an old android phone I may get the app for that.

Hopefully it doesn't take too long to get into the swing of the game. If anyone else is gunna get it for PS4 don't be afraid to add me and we can party up to fight through the struggle together.

Also, if you get it on Android, you can grab the PSO2es Tweaker, which allows you to download the game without needing a Japanese account and comes with an English patch. It's handier than iOS, which can't let you do that.

LordKaiser
Apr 18, 2016, 10:34 PM
You will still need to make a Japanese SEGA ID and overcome the Hiragana captcha. Good luck!

Sirius-91
Apr 18, 2016, 10:55 PM
It's handier than iOS, which can't let you do that.

iOS version does have an english patch, just the only caveat is that your iOS device needs to be jailbroken.