PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 4/20 update & PS4 Launch "hype" thread.

Kondibon
Apr 19, 2016, 07:23 AM
http://i.imgur.com/TWoR5cY.gif

Things coming with the update.

Item collection logs: Collect items to collect items.
http://33.media.tumblr.com/eb6d5a2ac05735ae8399c11ae47f5652/tumblr_inline_ngl9qrl4xF1ri780k.png[/spoiler-box]
New-Age/New Type/Newfangled weapons: More grinding!
New 13*s
Star Gems: [spoiler]nooooooooo...
More cutscenes
More fish and rocks to gather dust in our storage
New tutorials (Ok this one might actually be good)
New bonus quest feat. Magatsu Saiゃん
Emporappy has broken free of his shackles to torment us wherever he pleases.
Graphic update
New control scheme (only thing I'm REALLY looking forward to)
New team room if you've ever felt PSO2 needed a parkour minigame
Reactive LAs. This one is important. Like really important, I swear.
PS4 Launch
Free skill tree reset... oh and skill/pa re-balances I guess.

Official Patch Notes Here
Read more on bumped here (http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2s-playstation-4-launch-update/) if you can't read moon runes
Obligatory:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a8/Cannabis_leaf.svg/120px-Cannabis_leaf.svg.png

TaigaUC
Apr 19, 2016, 07:27 AM
I noticed the PS4 version is 45 gig. Isn't that bigger than the PC version?
I wonder why that is.

Kondibon
Apr 19, 2016, 07:33 AM
I wonder why that is.That's the total client size right? Do we know how much the client is supposed to be after the patches? The game is already almost 40gigs depending on when you installed so I image after the patch it'll be about the same.

EDIT: Actually I just checked, with the prepatch applied my pso2 folder is like a little under 38 gigs. That's weird. ._.

final_attack
Apr 19, 2016, 07:41 AM
+1 GB patch on launch day, right? :o

Also ... yay for graphic update :D

Keilyn
Apr 19, 2016, 08:09 AM
I wonder why that is.

PS4 version probably includes any emulation the console needs along with protection system used in all playstation software. I used to own an SDK for Playstation 2 and Playstation 3 and the end product was always bigger.

However, just to be clear on it.
The requirements and demand on using a Playstation 4 SDK and the costs associated with it is the reason why while more Playstation Units sell than Xbox One Units, Microsoft has more companies sided with the Xbox than Sony has with the Playstation on a global level.

Whatever the case may be, storage space is high enough today that 45GB isn't so large. However it seems strange now that games can be larger than operating systems due to textures, models, and static-meshes.

Nyansan
Apr 19, 2016, 08:54 AM
However it seems strange now that games can be larger than operating systems due to textures, models, and static-meshes.

Not really strange at all, since computer graphics do tend to be generally larger than sets of calls and functions that comprise an OS.

Also, while am hyped for tomorrow I'll just go and expect the worst case scenario where maintenance gets extended like about 4-5 times.

Shoterxx
Apr 19, 2016, 08:57 AM
I'm sitting at 51.1 GB, and I've just recently cleansed it due to an accident with the official launcher.

PS4 version probably includes any emulation the console needs along with protection system used in all playstation software.

I'm 99.999999% sure that that's not the case.

Poyonche
Apr 19, 2016, 08:58 AM
Collection files, pretty sure that mean "Good 13* for everyone, Critical Damage Up Parfait for Summoners".

sparab
Apr 19, 2016, 09:18 AM
Collect file: time limited, cooldown restricted, cash oriented

Whoever hypes this system over stone exchange is either a RNG winner or on https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a8/Cannabis_leaf.svg/120px-Cannabis_leaf.svg.png

Kondibon
Apr 19, 2016, 09:25 AM

Whoever hypes this system over stone exchange is either a RNG winner or on https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a8/Cannabis_leaf.svg/120px-Cannabis_leaf.svg.pngThey aren't ALL going to be time limited, and we don't know what the cooldown is going to be. It would have to be more than a week to really be an issue.

Don't forget it's meant to replace the matterboard, which you could only do once per character anyway. :wacko:

oratank
Apr 19, 2016, 09:29 AM

Whoever hypes this system over stone exchange is either a RNG winner or on https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a8/Cannabis_leaf.svg/120px-Cannabis_leaf.svg.png

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a32/Matthew_Semones/not-prepared-illidan_o_1734045_zpsiklw4q82.jpg

but i agree with you

sparab
Apr 19, 2016, 09:37 AM
Don't forget it's meant to replace the matterboard, which you could only do once per character anyway. :wacko:

Some assume the collect profile can be cleared for multiple times and has a 48 hours cool down, but we will see in time.

I wonder if yamato weapons are still obtainable beside drops when profiles expire. RNG drop doesn't fit this game because of trade block and element system.

MightyHarken
Apr 19, 2016, 09:48 AM
I'm more hyped about the may update honestly, all i'm looking forward from this update is the new shift action weapon pallete change and the collection files

nguuuquaaa
Apr 19, 2016, 10:04 AM
Item collection logs: Collect items to collect items.

I'm done with this game.

http://i.imgur.com/XcacQea.jpg

Oh wait, we won't receive PA buffs in this update?
So when will it be implemented?

FANSean
Apr 19, 2016, 10:10 AM

Collect File also:

1) Stems the tide of Stone bloat. Yeah, we have effectively 900 extra storage spaces thanks to Character Storage and 3 free characters, but the amount of stones we have is starting to get unwieldy and nobody wants to delete them because we expect Sega to find a way to shoehorn them in a future update (hi AQ and XQ Stones)

2) Gives a reason to play other quests. The big complaint is that this game is pretty much either EQ or the Flavor of the Month Limited Quest, with some AQ thrown in for leveling. Because the Collect File drops are tied to defeating a certain amount of specific enemies, other maps will come into use now.

3) Gives them the potential for a balanced monetization system. This one is probably going to get me a lot of flak so let me just point out that if this is balanced right, the sting of the cooldowns and having paid ways to eliminate them will not be an issue for a free player that plays smart. If the cooldowns are reasonable then most players will be able to focus on weapons they really want but they may need to save up on freebie Star Gems or dig into their wallets if they're looking for most or everything in a set. With multiple collection files being available at one time (We're getting Revolucio and Tagami at the same time, I think, followed by the Yamato Weapons later on when that update hits.) free players may have to make tough decisions but won't be left in the dust.

jooozek
Apr 19, 2016, 10:21 AM
I'm done with this game.

http://i.imgur.com/XcacQea.jpg

Oh wait, we won't receive PA buffs in this update?
So when will it be implemented?

it's like the matterboard progression logs - kill enemies and they fill out the bar, fill the bar and you get guaranteed drop - collect all guaranteed drops and you get the completion log weapon
shits gonna be pretty good imo

yoshiblue
Apr 19, 2016, 10:51 AM
I feel like we're going to need a phantasy star version of this now. [SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwRsONVAsSc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwRsONVAsSc[/SPOILER-BOX]

GlowSticks
Apr 19, 2016, 11:05 AM
Not a fan of the new combat scheme at all, I don't really have room for it on a 360 controller. Thus making me dislike it. Also I main hunter... Anyone have an idea for me to add to new scheme vs my current set up?

Direction Pad (Left): Move left on sub-pallete
Direction Pad (Right): Move right on sub-pallete
Direction Pad (Up): Activate sub-pallete ability/item
Direction Pad (Down): Nothing
Left Joystick: Move character
Left Joystick Press: Mini Map
Right Joystick: Move camera
Right Joystick Press: Free Aim
Back Button: Quick Menu
Start: Open Menu
X: Normal attack
Y: PA
B: Jump/Back out of menu
A: Select/pick up items/etc
LB: Weapon Pallete Up
RB: Weapon Pallete Down
LT: Guard/Switch Gun PA/Tech Pa
RT: Dodge

Yeah, it's not the best, but it's all I can think of. I don't have lock on, could put that on Right Joystick Press if need be... Never had too much trouble.

Soo.. Let me know of any ideas, and if button + button is available, I would rather not...
Otherwise I feel as no hope for me. Or I could start using keyboard I guess... Thanks in advance.

Everything else is fine. Maybe not the stones. -_-
Also what is LA?

Altiea
Apr 19, 2016, 11:10 AM
Not a fan of the new combat scheme at all, I don't really have room for it on a 360 controller. Thus making me dislike it. Also I main hunter... Anyone have an idea for me to add to new scheme vs my current set up?

Yeah, it's not the best, but it's all I can think of. I don't have lock on, could put that on Right Joystick Press if need be... Never had too much trouble.

Soo.. Let me know of any ideas, and if button + button is available, I would rather not...
Otherwise I feel as no hope for me. Or I could start using keyboard I guess... Thanks in advance.

Also what is LA?

I'm going to assume Weapon Palette is segregated from the D-pad and Interact and Jump are swapped for convenience purposes? I use a Dualshock 3, and I don't think I've had a problem with having too few buttons. I actually prefer it to the Vita, since the Vita is four buttons short from the Dualshock.

LA is Lobby Action.

Petunia
Apr 19, 2016, 11:14 AM
I think the new control scheme is optional, so you dont HAVE to swap to it.

Sirius-91
Apr 19, 2016, 11:15 AM

It is optional.

Youmu Konpaku
Apr 19, 2016, 11:17 AM

Also what is LA?

its pretty much same cases with me, except i'm using Playstation 2 controller (which have similiar button)

i think the third attack pa button will be one with select / pick up items .. :-?

GlowSticks
Apr 19, 2016, 11:21 AM
I'm going to assume Weapon Palette is segregated from the D-pad and Interact and Jump are swapped for convenience purposes? I use a Dualshock 3, and I don't think I've had a problem with having too few buttons. I actually prefer it to the Vita, since the Vita is four buttons short from the Dualshock.

LA is Lobby Action.

Thanks for response, yea I have no problems how it is right now, I just dont know if I can add another button in for the new scheme the are doing. It would be "B" or something I guess on my layout, but that's jump.

It is optional.

Thanks ^-^

Relief :)

its pretty much same cases with me, except i'm using Playstation 2 controller (which have similiar button)

i think the third attack pa button will be one with select / pick up items .. :-?

Welp, Optional. :O

Oh, also wired lances getting faster hitstop or whatever. \o/ woot

Alenoir
Apr 19, 2016, 11:22 AM
we don't know what the cooldown is going to be.

2 days IIRC. Was part of the latest broadcast's Q&A section if anyone need confirmation.

It's also a per chara thing too I think? Got 20 charas? Knock yourself out. Nope, went to check, max 3 sheets at a time per ship.

TaigaUC
Apr 19, 2016, 11:28 AM
I was thinking that perhaps the PS4 doesn't use the same compression for some file types, for whatever reason. OS related, license related, whatever.
I assume that the PS4 wouldn't use DDS, for example. That's "DirectDraw Surface", a Microsoft texture format.
PS4 doesn't use DirectX, I assume.

Altiea
Apr 19, 2016, 11:35 AM
Thanks for response, yea I have no problems how it is right now, I just dont know if I can add another button in for the new scheme the are doing. It would be "B" or something I guess on my layout, but that's jump.

Actually, I think the third button would be mapped to A, since A is your Interact button. I'm pretty sure that they picked the Interact button to have the second function because it doesn't already have one.

Petunia
Apr 19, 2016, 11:41 AM
Oh, do the class balance changes come with the update? Or is that a later update?
Curious to know if I'll get some reset passes once tomorrow rolls around.

XbikXBd
Apr 19, 2016, 11:51 AM
Oh, do the class balance changes come with the update? Or is that a later update?
Curious to know if I'll get some reset passes once tomorrow rolls around.

this update.

Z-0
Apr 19, 2016, 11:55 AM
Honestly if you don't have extra buttons, instead of using the shitty old system, blank the 3rd PA slot, unbind it and put the swap as what used to be the weapon action.

Combo system is dreadful and should have never been a thing, since combos make more sense when you're not restricted to predefined ones.

Keilyn
Apr 19, 2016, 11:59 AM
I've been waiting for this update and during this time as I was bored with PSO2 for a while, I have returned to former games and have played new ones and its amazing the fact that many games have updates, for this week marks the major spring update in many games....

I know this because unlike the declarations coming from players claiming that I am lazy in PSO2, I smile and say "yea, a bit lazy in pso-2, but not lazy as a gamer"; I have at least one character that is at cap in nearly two dozen MMOs installed on my computer, which I periodically check up on. Some of the updates I have seen this week have been simply stellar. :) Its making me choose which games I want to play for this season.

I hope the PSO-2 graphics update is good enough for me, considering everything else won't really help me.

Altiea
Apr 19, 2016, 12:02 PM
At least I might be able to realize my dream of playing TMGs like in Nova (except no Dancing Sweep and the fact that PSO2 TMGs are pretty terrible mechanically, Active Skills aside)

TaigaUC
Apr 19, 2016, 12:09 PM
I remember some people on this forum arguing in defense of the combo system.
Don't remember who it was, though. Nothing new for this forum, anyway.

Well, now it's time to wait. Hope they don't need to extend maintenance much.

wefwq
Apr 19, 2016, 12:35 PM
Man, these huge update for graphic level 6 that i can't even use, damn...
Also hoping for stealth optimization, i miss the GODCLIENT back in the near end EP3 days.

Looking forward to 3 button control, since this is exactly what i want for melee weapons since beta.

Flaoc
Apr 19, 2016, 12:43 PM
well godclient is still there but not as good as it used to be but its wayyy wayyyy better than before said godclient update which was just stutterfest especially on weapon swap

Petunia
Apr 19, 2016, 12:44 PM
Will the new button scheme work on Vita or is it PS4/PC only?

wefwq
Apr 19, 2016, 12:46 PM
PC/PS4 only.
There's not enough button for vita to utilize this feature, it seems.

Sirius-91
Apr 19, 2016, 12:46 PM

They specifically said PC and PS4, don't think they could get any clearer.

ieptav
Apr 19, 2016, 01:06 PM
The button that cycles between "front and back" weapon actions, any word on if you need to hold it down or is it a toggle?

Z-0
Apr 19, 2016, 01:12 PM
It's whatever you want it to be.

Petunia
Apr 19, 2016, 01:12 PM
They specifically said PC and PS4, don't think they could get any clearer.

That's a shame. They already use quite a few touch-screen features, if they did some shuffling they could give the Vita PSO2 enough 'buttons' to work.

vbetts
Apr 19, 2016, 01:45 PM
*Looks at the PS4 I don't own.*

Yup, I'll be rocking PSO2 hard on the PS4.

Lorne
Apr 19, 2016, 01:55 PM
Not a fan of the new combat scheme at all, I don't really have room for it on a 360 controller. Thus making me dislike it.

I'm fairly sure that the PS4 version is why they're introducing this new system in the first place, so it should work very well with controllers. I play on a controller and I'm looking forward to it very much.

The current combo system is terrible and just wastes the entire palette space, since every single slot needs to be taken up with the same PA set three times. I might actually be able to fit in all of my PAs for a weapon on just one or two palette slots with this new system! This will really be a god send for classes that use a lot of different weapon types, like Hunter and Fighter.

Kondibon
Apr 19, 2016, 02:05 PM
Slapped the bit about the class rebalance stuff on, I forgot about it before I left. It is in fact coming with this update. :wacko:

Also, people complaining about the lack of buttons, why not use Joy2Key? I know in an ideal world SEGA would just improve the in game control options but I don't see that happening any time soon.

Z-0
Apr 19, 2016, 02:19 PM
Lack of buttons meaning that there's nowhere on the controller to put the extra palette button without removing something else, not that they can't bind them ingame.

Kondibon
Apr 19, 2016, 02:24 PM
Lack of buttons meaning that there's nowhere on the controller to put the extra palette button without removing something else, not that they can't bind them ingame.I know what they meant, that's why I'm suggesting J2K. Using joy to key lets you bind buttons as toggles so you can change the functions of the other buttons. You can set aside 1 or 2 buttons to effectively multiply the others.

IceBurner
Apr 19, 2016, 02:33 PM
When using KBAM this doesn't matter nearly as much with 104 keys and 2+ mouse buttons, but it sure does matter on a gamepad: The optional "new" control scheme is almost exactly the original PSO's gamepad controls, if you're going by the default Dualshock 3/4 layout.

Main difference seems to be that PSO swapped all four face buttons when you pressed palette shift, with 3 of them being the action palette (including all attacks, techniques, traps, and items); the fourth button toggled between Use/Quick Menu.

Frankly I think PSO2 should have done exactly the same, allowing 3 dual-function action palette slots, and 1 dual-function button for two non-palette actions (jump, dodge, use/"access", etc). As far as I can tell, PSO2 only shifts 3 of the 4 face buttons, meaning something that used to be on the face now has to go elsewhere.

They could have avoided that by better-following the PSO control scheme they based this on, and having all face buttons affected by palette shift. SEGA could also have done better by allowing PA's on the Subpalette, but I don't believe that's part of the update either. I really hope they will tweak the controls per the above, in the future.

Kondibon
Apr 19, 2016, 02:41 PM
Main difference seems to be that PSO swapped all four face buttons when you pressed palette shift, with 3 of them being the action palette (including all attacks, techniques, traps, and items); the fourth button toggled between Use/Quick Menu.This is literally what I'm saying you can do with Joy to Key. 3:

Lorne
Apr 19, 2016, 02:43 PM
Why is a new button required? I was under the impression that the current weapon action button will change into a "flip palette" button (like on shooting/tech weapons), and then we can bind the weapon action to one of the PA slots. So instead of just having normal attack, PA, and weapon action buttons, we'd have normal attack, shift normal attack, PA, shift PA, and flip palette buttons. This would be the same number of physical buttons, but more actions. Is this not the case?

Kondibon
Apr 19, 2016, 02:49 PM
I found my old post about my Joy to Key setup if anyone needs ideas. I'm going to be redoing it right after the maintenance though.
[spoiler-box]This is my profile. https://www.dropbox.com/s/heh9icpff8y9bm1/PSO2%20mk2.cfg?dl=0

Going through the buttons.

A= Nothing, I set jump in game.
B= Interact. Holding it makes it press 30 times a second, but you can disable that if you want.
X= Left weapon pallet
Y= right weapon pallet
Start= bottom menu
Select= Quick menu
LT/Left Trigger=dodge
RT/Right Trigger= weapon action.
L3/Left Hat= tps mode
R3/Right Hat= targeting
D-pad= 1-4 weapon pallets in a clockwise order starting from the top.

The left and right bumpers toggle the other joysticks when they're held. Anything not listed here is the same as the default.

LB+X= Uses subpallet slot 1
LB+Y= Uses subpallet slot 2
LB+B= Uses subpallet slot 3
LB+RT= Uses subpallet slot 4
LB+Select= Uses subpallet slot 5 (I'm probably going to change this one, it's redundant)
LB+Start= Uses subpallet slot 6 (Might change this one too)
LB+D-pad= Switches between sub pallets 1-4 clockwise starting from the top.

RB+X= Uses subpallet slot 7
RB+Y= Uses subpallet slot 8
RB+B= Uses subpallet slot 9
RB+LT= Uses subpallet slot 10
RB+Select= Auto run
RB+Start= Toggles big map
RB+D-pad Left&Right= Weapon pallets 5 and 6 in that order.
RB+D-pad Up&Down= Switches to Subpallets 5 and 6 in that order

LB+RB+Select= Uses subpallet slot 5 (My PB)
LB+RB+Start= Uses subpallet slot 6 (Moons)
LB+RB+Right Hat= Print Screen, but I almost never use it.

I still haven't decided what I'm going to do when they change the way weapons work, but this is what I have right now.[/spoiler-box]

Why is a new button required? I was under the impression that the current weapon action button will change into a "flip palette" button (like on shooting/tech weapons), and then we can bind the weapon action to one of the PA slots. So instead of just having normal attack, PA, and weapon action buttons, we'd have normal attack, shift normal attack, PA, shift PA, and flip palette buttons. This would be the same number of physical buttons, but more actions. Is this not the case?There's going to be 3 actions on each side instead of 2, so you'd need another button for the 3rd one. Here's the example from bumped http://www.bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/3-Button-Style-Sword.jpg

ZerotakerZX
Apr 19, 2016, 02:50 PM
Do you think PS4 players gonna perform as poorly as PSV players?8-)

Altiea
Apr 19, 2016, 02:54 PM

What's wrong with Vita players?

isCasted
Apr 19, 2016, 02:55 PM
Why is a new button required? I was under the impression that the current weapon action button will change into a "flip palette" button (like on shooting/tech weapons), and then we can bind the weapon action to one of the PA slots. So instead of just having normal attack, PA, and weapon action buttons, we'd have normal attack, shift normal attack, PA, shift PA, and flip palette buttons. This would be the same number of physical buttons, but more actions. Is this not the case?

The way you are describing (which is how PS Nova does it) only allows to bind 2 PAS+weapon action/3 PAs per palette. This new system allows 4/5 PAs.

Kondibon
Apr 19, 2016, 02:56 PM
What's wrong with Vita players?Vita players have a reputation for being worse because the vita is harder to play on with the tiny screen and even more limited controls. Also apparently a lot of vita players in japan are kids and stuff.

Cyber Meteor
Apr 19, 2016, 02:59 PM

I think the main problem won't be about control but about communication with players, since they'll (ps4 players) have to use an in-game keyboard to write stuff. Of course it can be a little bit countered by autowords, but they'll be limited regarding that (10 shortcut + AW on action), i mean they can define AW for specific situations but when you need to announce, let's say Vibrace bomb on which tower (always changing), it's gonna be problematic i think :-?

Zanverse
Apr 19, 2016, 03:01 PM
Judging from the trailer, where they are using a PS4 controller:

Triangle = Regular Attack
R1 = Weapon Action
Square = Gran Wave
L2 = Palette Swap

after Palette Swap:

Triangle = Strike Gust
R1 = Vinto
Square = Momentum Gale
L2 = Palette Swap

The Sabarta used in the combo is part the player's Subpalette.

Edit: Was ninja'd really hard.

Z-0
Apr 19, 2016, 03:01 PM
PS4 players will be the fine, the issue with Vita is that it tries to play at 60FPS and can't handle it (despite toaster graphics), so everything suffers extreme slowdown and it's almost impossible to play "properly" on there.

Nova is shinier (Nova (http://puu.sh/oorjh/933fe6f605.png) vs. PSO2 (http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/PSO2-Vita-Screenshot.jpg). Not a good comparison but as you can see PSO2 is like cardboard) and plays at 30FPS and has far less issues, although it does suffer slowdown in some maps / against the Gigantes, but PSO2 on Vita at 30FPS would probably be much, much better for performance than the system constantly trying to render 60FPS.

Shoterxx
Apr 19, 2016, 03:08 PM
When did the ship selection get properly ordered? Or does it do that when servers are not working?

Arada
Apr 19, 2016, 03:44 PM
PS4 doesn't use DirectX, I assume.

It does actually. DirectX 11.2 to be precise, but with added libraries for PS4 specific features.

But the difference in size is indeed probably linked to the compression of the files and the implementation of the PSNetwork stuff (should not be much but still).

Lorne
Apr 19, 2016, 03:44 PM
There's going to be 3 actions on each side instead of 2, so you'd need another button for the 3rd one. Here's the example from bumped http://www.bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/3-Button-Style-Sword.jpg
Ah, I hadn't seen that. Interesting. Thanks.

Altiea
Apr 19, 2016, 03:55 PM
Vita players have a reputation for being worse because the vita is harder to play on with the tiny screen and even more limited controls. Also apparently a lot of vita players in japan are kids and stuff.

Maybe it's just me, but I think the control scheme is fine. I just have a problem with the Vita's keyboard, which is an issue with the inherent software than PSO2. My other minor gripes are poor Free Aim handling (because analog stick) and not being able to jump-attack (sort of a muscle tic; I like jumping and attacking at the same time for some reason).

Kondibon
Apr 19, 2016, 04:00 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I think the control scheme is fine. I just have a problem with the Vita's keyboard, which is an issue with the inherent software than PSO2. My other minor gripes are poor Free Aim handling (because analog stick) and not being able to jump-attack (sort of a muscle tic; I like jumping and attacking at the same time for some reason).I've never played on a Vita so I wouldn't know. I was just clarifying where that came from.

Altiea
Apr 19, 2016, 04:58 PM
I've never played on a Vita so I wouldn't know. I was just clarifying where that came from.

Oh. Sorry about that, then. I used to spend pretty much all of my PSO2 time on Vita, so I wasn't aware that there was such a large stigma against them.

Kondibon
Apr 19, 2016, 05:17 PM
As long as the game runs fine, PS4 players shouldn't be much worse than PC players. Unless they're uncoordinated idiots who don't know how to use a controller, which would be really weird since they're choosing to play it on a console.

I've met people who insist you can't play well on a gamepad, but I've seen some pretty good players who use gamepads-- some of which don't even reach over to the numpad for palette switching.
I've also met people who complimented others on their skill with a class until learning they were using a gamepad, then said compliment getting revoked??I think the in game gamepad options are severely lacking if you want to do things quickly, but there's nothing inherently wrong with using a game pad.

Honestly, it's not like hitting the num pad is convenient on a KB&M set up without a gaming mouse anyway.

munekun
Apr 19, 2016, 06:06 PM
I didn't realize that when It opens on the PS4 that It would use an entirely different client than the one used for the PS4 beta as I've never participated In a beta I had no Idea how It worked. I created a character using the PS4 beta client that I planned to use for an alternate character when It opened but as I have to delete the beta client I will lose the characters data, right? As I just saved It In the character creator.

PrinceBrightstar
Apr 19, 2016, 09:44 PM
PS4 download is now available.

Kondibon
Apr 19, 2016, 10:20 PM
Official patch notes are up if anyone wants to see if there's anything we don't already know about.
http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=8726

Bellion
Apr 19, 2016, 10:26 PM
They're giving invincibility frames to the Just Guard Ring attacks. Probably the biggest thing that no one knows about.

final_attack
Apr 19, 2016, 10:28 PM
They're giving invincibility frames to the Just Guard Ring attacks. Probably the biggest thing that no one knows about.

Eh?????
Yaaaaaay !!!! More invincibility to HuSu !!!

Altiea
Apr 19, 2016, 10:34 PM
Huh, they added UI-disabling chat commands? Sounds like a shortcut for frequent screenshot takers. I like it.

Kondibon
Apr 19, 2016, 10:36 PM
Google translate didn't quite make sense of this one.

チャットコマンド「/ce」「/ce on」「/ce off」を追加します。
このコマンドを入力することで、自分のキャラクターを一時的にカメラ目線に切り替えます。 「/ce」は入力後10秒間カメラ目線になり、その後自動で元に戻ります。
「/ce on」は入力後カメラ目線になり、「/ce off」を入力するかログアウトするまでカメラ目線が継続されます。

Is that some sort of command to make the camera focus on your character's face? ._.

oratank
Apr 19, 2016, 10:40 PM
more like your character look at camera

Kondibon
Apr 19, 2016, 10:41 PM
more like you character look at cameraEven better.

Altiea
Apr 19, 2016, 10:44 PM
Weaponoid Potentials are here. Some 11*s are gonna get pretty interesting.

Nyansan
Apr 19, 2016, 10:47 PM
more like your character look at camera

Yeah, can confirm. And apparently it's toggle-able, hence the on/off.
The trash game photographer in me just died a bit.

munekun
Apr 19, 2016, 11:00 PM
On PS4 does anyone else have the problem of the game not fully fitting the screen, It was fine In the beta but now there are black borders Is there a way to fix this In settings anywhere?

EvilMag
Apr 19, 2016, 11:02 PM
looks like this new launcher removed the engrish in the options. its all Japanese now unless this was before and I was a slowpoke.

Keilyn
Apr 19, 2016, 11:20 PM
Google translate didn't quite make sense of this one.

チャットコマンド「/ce」「/ce on」「/ce off」を追加します。
このコマンドを入力することで、自分のキャラクターを一時的にカメラ目線に切り替えます。 「/ce」は入力後10秒間カメラ目線になり、その後自動で元に戻ります。
「/ce on」は入力後カメラ目線になり、「/ce off」を入力するかログアウトするまでカメラ目線が継続されます。

Is that some sort of command to make the camera focus on your character's face? ._.

Basically PSO2 will now get something common that exists in RPGs/MMORPGs of the last five years. However, the "panning to the face" or "looking at camera" is actually for VR-Gaming and beyond. Its good for screenshots, as long as it is an option and not automatic as I like side face shots. :)

Aine
Apr 20, 2016, 12:10 AM
So you can return pets to eggs now if you want to move them to a different character or change the personality of a high rarity egg. Level and bonus points remain, but it costs money and everything in the candy box disappears (and caramel cubes are reset).

EvilMag
Apr 20, 2016, 12:31 AM
http://pso2.jp/players/campaign/ps4/

GJ SEAG

wefwq
Apr 20, 2016, 12:53 AM
So uh, it is just me or new launcher data check feature being slower than the older version?

ArcaneTechs
Apr 20, 2016, 01:05 AM
Eh?????
Yaaaaaay !!!! More invincibility to HuSu !!!
BO/BR and SU/HU becoming more common these days for reasons i dont want to know (maybic), I sure hope sub level only

So uh, it is just me or new launcher data check feature being slower than the older version?
Felt around the same speed as before when i did it

SteveCZ
Apr 20, 2016, 01:06 AM
I'm hyped for extended maintenance! hopefully not. C:

wefwq
Apr 20, 2016, 01:08 AM
Felt around the same speed as before when i did it
Maybe it's time to restart this potato shelf.

FANSean
Apr 20, 2016, 01:10 AM

GJ SEAG

i'm giggling like a dumbass right now

thanks neptune

SteveCZ
Apr 20, 2016, 01:13 AM

GJ SEAG

Does that mean I have to create a SEAG ID to play this patch? :-o

ArcaneTechs
Apr 20, 2016, 01:17 AM
Does that mean I have to create a SEAG ID to play this patch? :-o
you dont need to create an entirely new account unless you want those useless free items

Xion14Blade
Apr 20, 2016, 01:18 AM
So I just read patch notes on bumped.
http://puu.sh/ooZys/594a504027.png
What the fuck?

EDIT: Misread, its only for training quest, my bad ==b

ArcaneTechs
Apr 20, 2016, 01:22 AM
What the fuck?

New Quest Type

Training Quest

※ After completing the quest, there’s a chance that you may end up in a different block than the one you originally departed from.

not a big deal really and post the whole thing next time, give people the wrong idea about things

and you caught your mistake so nevermind

TaigaUC
Apr 20, 2016, 01:30 AM
It's not a bug, it's a feature!

Zeroem
Apr 20, 2016, 01:39 AM
They're extending (.......again) the SORO suit campaign.

wefwq
Apr 20, 2016, 01:41 AM
What the fuck?

Why is this even possible anyway? even story quest don't kick you out to random blocks.

They extending (.......again) the SORO suit campaign.
Gotta make sure everyone and their mother have their very own SORO suit, after all.

SteveCZ
Apr 20, 2016, 01:44 AM
you dont need to create an entirely new account unless you want those useless free items

It was a joke.. it asks for "SEAG" ID as they mispelled it in that link.. where I only have SEGA ID.. ^^;

ArcaneTechs
Apr 20, 2016, 01:46 AM
It was a joke.. it asks for "SEAG" ID as they mispelled it in that link.. where I only have SEGA ID.. ^^;
:wacko:

Zeroem
Apr 20, 2016, 01:49 AM
Also, SEGA revised their Terms and condition.
http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=8709

平素より『ファンタシースターオンライン2』をご愛顧いただき、誠にありがとうございます。
2014年4月20日(水)11:00より、『ファンタシースターオンライン2』利用規約を改定させていた だきます。
主な改定内容は以下のとおりです。

第4条1項を改定いたします。

修正前
アークスキャッシュ

修正後
有料ポイント

下記条項を改定いたします。

第4条1~3項、第5条1~6項、第6条
修正前
AC

修正後
本件ポイント

なお、上記以外に、文言の微調整や書式の調整などを行っております。
皆様におかれましては、『ファンタシースターオンライン2』利用規約の内容について、あらためてご確認いた だけますようお願いいたします。
『ファンタシースターオンライン2』は、今後も皆様によりよいサービスをご提供できますよう努めてまいりま すので、引き続き変わらぬご愛顧を賜りますようお願い申し上げます。

『ファンタシースターオンライン2』運営チーム

Saffran
Apr 20, 2016, 01:51 AM
I don't think anybody ever cared for the ToS after they changed it to "no filthy gaijins" back in november 2012.

Zeroem
Apr 20, 2016, 02:00 AM
I don't think anybody ever cared for the ToS after they changed it to "no filthy gaijins" back in november 2012.

There's a saying, "better be safe than sorry".
Besides, not like the game's up or anything in the next 5 minutes.

Anyway......Well, unless I'm reading it wrong, it's just change some terms in the T&C

TaigaUC
Apr 20, 2016, 02:14 AM
They also changed it to say no multiple accounts allowed, after almost everyone made multiple accounts.

wefwq
Apr 20, 2016, 02:16 AM
They also changed it to say no multiple accounts allowed, after almost everyone made multiple accounts.
iirc they already stated back then that they won't provide support for people who use more than 1 registered account to play.
it's been awhile, maybe they just make it more clearer for everyone.

Shadowth117
Apr 20, 2016, 02:17 AM

That's been in there a while, actually. I'm pretty sure it's a good part of why Inazuma doesn't come here anymore.

Zeroem
Apr 20, 2016, 02:18 AM
iirc they already stated back then that they won't provide support for people who use more than 1 registered account to play.
it's been awhile, maybe they just make it more clearer for everyone.

Or preparing for a massive account purge.

Also.......

4/20 定期メンテナンス延長のお知らせ

本日2:00より行っております定期メンテナンスにつきまして、最終確認に時間を要しておりますため、下記 のとおりメンテナンス時間を延長させていただきます。
定期メンテナンス終了予定時刻

4月20日(水)19:00

お待ちいただいている皆様には誠に申し訳ございませんが、メンテナンス終了告知があるまではゲームサーバー への接続を行わずにお待ちくださいますよう、お願いいたします。

皆様には大変ご迷惑をおかけいたしますことをお詫び申し上げます。

http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=8733

wefwq
Apr 20, 2016, 02:25 AM
Also.......
http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=8733
Well, that's very expected to happen, this is EPISODE 4 after all.

Shinamori
Apr 20, 2016, 02:29 AM
FFS sega.

jooozek
Apr 20, 2016, 02:31 AM
so how much did people download this patch after applying the pre-patch

Nyansan
Apr 20, 2016, 02:35 AM
Maint extended to 19:00 JST
Source: http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=8733

NephyrisX
Apr 20, 2016, 02:59 AM
Is anyone really surprised? It's a massive patch, after all.

wefwq
Apr 20, 2016, 03:02 AM
Is anyone really surprised? It's a massive patch, after all.
I'm actually looking forward to yet another maintenance extension.

SteveCZ
Apr 20, 2016, 03:05 AM
Extended of extended maintenance, with extended of extended emergency maintenance afterwards. :wacko:

dr apocalipsis
Apr 20, 2016, 04:32 AM
so how much did people download this patch after applying the pre-patch

8Gb more here :wacko:

Had to leave PC downloading overnight, I think I surpassed SSD writing worst case scenario quota for this week.

wefwq
Apr 20, 2016, 04:46 AM
Server's up.

Shinamori
Apr 20, 2016, 04:54 AM
Try it and find out.

Nyansan
Apr 20, 2016, 04:56 AM
Sega AC scratch where? :(

Zeroem
Apr 20, 2016, 04:58 AM
Sega AC scratch where? :(

It's delayed to.....possibly April 22nd

dr apocalipsis
Apr 20, 2016, 04:59 AM
My room lighting so broken LOL

And those slowdowns when character is fading to camera.

wefwq
Apr 20, 2016, 05:03 AM
And does the eng patch from psumods work?
Tried the new small core patch, it worked.

TaigaUC
Apr 20, 2016, 05:07 AM
I logged in to see my character's muffler clipping through their head.
Seems they adjusted accessory limits or something.

Shoterxx
Apr 20, 2016, 05:14 AM
Uh, guys... The startup argument has changed. Just an FYI.

SteveCZ
Apr 20, 2016, 05:14 AM
New intro video. HYPE

Poyonche
Apr 20, 2016, 05:32 AM
Revolucio Tact is a 1* ! Yeaaaaah !

TaigaUC
They still haven't fixed the huge indentation on Airy Summer Dress.
Figured as much.

Only some accessories got adjusted.
Heart W Muffler is the only one I've noticed so far.
Still checking.

Don't forget to reset Nvidia profile to default to fix the shdaows.
But then anti aliasing will look like utter rubbish.

Nyansan
Anyone know what revolucio latent is?

Poyonche
Apr 20, 2016, 05:42 AM
Anyone know what revolucio latent is?

ジャストアタックの効果が(?%/?%/?%)上昇する。(※テクニックにも有効) Source pso2.swiki.jp

Effect of just Attack rise (also valid for techniques) according to Google Translate.

wefwq
Apr 20, 2016, 05:43 AM
Still can't use CTRL/TAB for anything but other useless combination key

Rainoffire
Apr 20, 2016, 05:47 AM
ジャストアタックの効果が(?%/?%/?%)上昇する。(※テクニックにも有効) Source pso2.swiki.jp

Effect of just Attack rise (also valid for techniques) according to Google Translate.

It would be similar to the potential Immediate Strike.

ジャストアタックの効果が(?%/?%/?%)上昇する。(※テクニックにも有効)
Boosts the effect of Just Attack by a percentage. Also for Techs.

SteveCZ
Apr 20, 2016, 05:55 AM
Fashion folks, you should be very hyped with the /ce on command.

final_attack
Apr 20, 2016, 06:12 AM
Stat3 drop rate increased by .... like, a lot?
I seems to get so many Stat3 ._.

Xaeris
Apr 20, 2016, 06:13 AM
How I feel during Profound Darkness with the new control scheme:
[spoiler-box]
http://i.imgur.com/GyRSFVc.png
[/spoiler-box]

final_attack
Apr 20, 2016, 06:19 AM

LOL Me too.
Missed a few attacks >.<

And had to remove 1 weapon pallete switch on pad to accomodate new control scheme too >.<

Alma
Apr 20, 2016, 06:22 AM
Uh, guys... The startup argument has changed. Just an FYI.

ToS change?

nguuuquaaa
Apr 20, 2016, 06:29 AM
I missed some attacks too.
But the most misses come from Rumbling Moon and Scissor Edge since I haven't used them much before :wacko:

Ugh, now to figure out what key to use for sub palette. Still cannot bind tech and compound to weapon palette. Should I use 3-button for FI and 2-button for FO and TE or what?

NephyrisX
Apr 20, 2016, 06:30 AM
Testing the T6 graphics.

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r729/Song_Chee_Hin/Female%20Characters/Phantasy%20Star%20Online%202/PCs/NephyrisX%20Ursula%20Repca%20Snow/pso20160420_192905_001_zpsx5mkhsbm.jpg (http://s1364.photobucket.com/user/Song_Chee_Hin/media/Female%20Characters/Phantasy%20Star%20Online%202/PCs/NephyrisX%20Ursula%20Repca%20Snow/pso20160420_192905_001_zpsx5mkhsbm.jpg.html)

Brightness can be altered in the options, at least.

SteveCZ
Apr 20, 2016, 06:33 AM
[spoiler-box]
http://i.imgur.com/GyRSFVc.png
[/spoiler-box]

Exactly. :-?

It really needs tons of adaptation for me with classes that uses shift as weapon action (such as JG) instead those that only switches to side palette like ranger, force, etc.
I will test it with gamepad cause I guess it's better with gamepad now for that new method on several classes.

And I'm loving the new graphics. Coast area 3 (teleporter) just looks amazing in sunset, as an example. Can't imagine the parallel area.

isCasted
Apr 20, 2016, 06:34 AM
Gamma setting is a toggle between Ultra Shiny and Bland Grey. "Downgrading" to Tier 5 seem to be the only way to make it normal.

final_attack
Apr 20, 2016, 06:35 AM
On the bright side ..... now I can use 2 slots only (generally) when playing as Gu .....
1 for kinda stationary mobs (less mobility), 1 for more running around mobs or other things with specific uses (long range is in here too) ....

Still need other 3 slots though (1 shifta, 1 resta, 1 WB Slave). Oh, I can now put Launcher in here too (that FlameBullet is 50% stronger btw) ....

Time to become a newbie again (getting used to control) :wacko:

jooozek
Apr 20, 2016, 06:36 AM
so, i got a NT weapon to +30 and its at 30 attribute and I can't do shit to it, anyone figured out how those work?

Altiea
Apr 20, 2016, 06:45 AM
so, i got a NT weapon to +30 and its at 30 attribute and I can't do shit to it, anyone figured out how those work?

Once it hits +30, you need to give it an NT Weapon of the same name to raise the grind cap.

TaigaUC
Apr 20, 2016, 06:45 AM
How do I get rid of that black border on PS4?

jooozek
Apr 20, 2016, 06:51 AM
Once it hits +30, you need to give it an NT Weapon of the same name to raise the grind cap.

lol

wasn't the whole point of this NT thing to exactly not have to do that? :bored:

Rehal
Apr 20, 2016, 06:54 AM
lol

wasn't the whole point of this NT thing to exactly not have to do that? :bored:

their whole point is for you to not deal with grind risk

jooozek
Apr 20, 2016, 06:58 AM
well, i guess if you feed anything below 10* then it's an okay system but anything cube worthy is a waste

Rainoffire
Apr 20, 2016, 07:25 AM
On PS4 does anyone else have the problem of the game not fully fitting the screen, It was fine In the beta but now there are black borders Is there a way to fix this In settings anywhere?

How do I get rid of that black border on PS4?

Go into the settings of the PS4, Sound and Screen, then Display Area settings. Fit it to the size of your screen.

I believe the reason for this, is that there are people with TVs that overscan that cuts off part of the game. I experience this during the beta, and actually did a feedback regarding it.

veraca
Apr 20, 2016, 07:29 AM
Speaking of the PS4, I can't seem to access the menu. So I can't go to customize to change my controller set-up, access my items, feed my mag, ect. I can access the shortcut menu and the chat, and the weapon and palette changes, but not the other stuff.... I've fiddled around with the PS4 controller and I'm just not getting a button hit.

ieptav
Apr 20, 2016, 07:31 AM
As a melee player on a controller, the new 3 button layout is the greatest thing ever and everything up to now feels wrong in comparison. I no longer have to set up pa combo weapon slots or pa spam weapon slots.

It's also even better because I use the right bumper and two triggers on my 360 controller for attacks, and I should no longer have the trigger overlap issue I had when trying to cycle between ranged/force pa's because I can now set that to be a face button on the controller instead.

10/10 update.

Rakurai
Apr 20, 2016, 07:33 AM
Got a bonus key for the new quest.

It's pretty much impossible to not get a S-rank unless you're indescribably terrible at using an AIS because everything melts in seconds and the Magatsu at the end only hits about half as hard as the EQ version.

TaigaUC
Apr 20, 2016, 07:39 AM
Go into the settings of the PS4, Sound and Screen, then Display Area settings. Fit it to the size of your screen.

I believe the reason for this, is that there are people with TVs that overscan that cuts off part of the game. I experience this during the beta, and actually did a feedback regarding it.

Thanksssssssssssss.
I was trying to access that via game options because the PS3 had something like that.
Didn't know it was in the system settings.

RadiantLegend
Apr 20, 2016, 08:32 AM
Got a bonus key for the new quest.

It's pretty much impossible to not get a S-rank unless you're indescribably terrible at using an AIS because everything melts in seconds and the Magatsu at the end only hits about half as hard as the EQ version.

Does it only drop star gems? How's the exp?

Yden
Apr 20, 2016, 08:36 AM
Is there any info on the new skill rings? Bumped has the names but not description currently.

Rakurai
Apr 20, 2016, 08:53 AM
Does it only drop star gems? How's the exp?

The EXP is mediocre as far as I noticed.

I just got the usual Excube fodder, a few Magatsu stones, a Lambda Grinder, and a single star gem from completing the silver version of the quest.

RadiantLegend
Apr 20, 2016, 08:59 AM
Then Tokyo got this nerf

You can now receive Magatsu Bonus Keys in the Gift Box for clearing a Featured Quest. While overall you’ll have a higher chance at obtaining a Bonus Key, they have reduced the rate in which a Tokyo Bonus Key will appear in the box.

I is very sad :(

Azure Falcon
Apr 20, 2016, 09:06 AM

I just got the usual Excube fodder, a few Magatsu stones, a Lambda Grinder, and a single star gem from completing the silver version of the quest.

So complete and utter garbage. Congrats Sega, you've now killed any motivation I have to do dailies.

Rakurai
Apr 20, 2016, 09:07 AM
The star gems are like the only thing that makes the new bonus quest appealing, whereas Tokyo has massive EXP from Takamikazuchi along with the Kagezeo stones.

Zeroem
Apr 20, 2016, 09:13 AM
Meanwhile, let me just say that the new base inner-wear are......kinky.
It only cover the essentials. Even less than Sexy Swimwear costume.

wefwq
Apr 20, 2016, 09:21 AM
As a melee player on a controller, the new 3 button layout is the greatest thing ever and everything up to now feels wrong in comparison. I no longer have to set up pa combo weapon slots or pa spam weapon slots.

It's also even better because I use the right bumper and two triggers on my 360 controller for attacks, and I should no longer have the trigger overlap issue I had when trying to cycle between ranged/force pa's because I can now set that to be a face button on the controller instead.

10/10 update.
Kind of bummed that 3 button layout using mid-click as default, since mine already borked.
After few keyboard customizations, i managed to make it work.
It's great, basically what i want since beta.

The only thing left is resetting muscle memory for every class.

SteveCZ
Apr 20, 2016, 09:38 AM
Tested the 3 button layout with game controller, it's definitely made for it. It's absolute heaven.
Well I guess it's worth having PS4 for it after all. :wacko:

Just realized there is a camera light that literally lighten up the character (or anything near our camera). No wonder I thought the lighting was a little off at the character during the night in Coast.
Maybe just me not playing much of other games, but this is the first time I ever see a game that provides such specific feature, lol.
Now I really wish they put DoF feature on. :)

NephyrisX
Apr 20, 2016, 09:50 AM
While I appreciate the availability of more options offered by the 3 Button Layout, I am bothered about the placement of the Block move. Putting it on the MMB or RMB feels weird as hell after spending all the time blocking with the Shift key.

Muscle memory is a bitch, sometimes.

jooozek
Apr 20, 2016, 09:56 AM
so all the hype i had for collection file went poof when it took 3 kills to get 11.4% on a bal rodos drop, fuck that shit - the monsters are also spread from seriously different fields making it even a bigger waste of time: even if those weapons outclass ares weapons i'd rather hunt anga all day long because it'd be at least much easier to get a MPA rolling for that than to get people together looking for different weapons in different fields from different bosses
i also can't get used to the new 3 button layout on a gamepad, i had to move the interact button to home button xbox controller because i had no space for it, i mean, if you are going to put a weapon swap on one of those 3 actions, what's the point of even using it

TaigaUC
Apr 20, 2016, 10:00 AM
Dunno why anyone'd get hyped over collection file stuff.
Of course it's gonna be super grindy. They're expecting that content to last people until episode 5.

FANSean
Apr 20, 2016, 11:40 AM

Gold gives 3 Lambdas and 5 Star Gems

munekun
Apr 20, 2016, 01:50 PM

Why Is It that I've been able to play many other PS4 games fine without having to set the area settings? This Is a stupid question but It doesn't mess with the quality does It?

Sephirod
Apr 20, 2016, 03:02 PM
I don't understand WHY it is not fullscreen in the first place.
The CBT was fullscreen so SEGA wae you do this ??

So if anyone find the option or whatever (there seems to be a window option in the in-game options at the start menu but it only seems to resize windows overlays ?) please share ;;

EDIT : Thanks to Rainoffire for the fix, and yes i had that too during the beta, but an option in-game would have been better imo

Shinamori
Apr 20, 2016, 04:07 PM
Gold gives 3 Lambdas and 5 Star Gems

I just wish they let lambda drop in free fields or something.

Holy chit
Apr 20, 2016, 04:45 PM
Any tips for a brand new player going in at the deep end on the ps4?:grin: I'm using Google translate on my tab to get by, so far made it to level 7!

Rainoffire
Apr 20, 2016, 05:36 PM
I don't understand WHY it is not fullscreen in the first place.
The CBT was fullscreen so SEGA wae you do this ??

So if anyone find the option or whatever (there seems to be a window option in the in-game options at the start menu but it only seems to resize windows overlays ?) please share ;;

EDIT : Thanks to Rainoffire for the fix, and yes i had that too during the beta, but an option in-game would have been better imo

I believe the reason why it isn't done on a ingame level is because the problem would be an exterior troubleshoot (TV overscan) so a system level setting is used to fix it.

Why Is It that I've been able to play many other PS4 games fine without having to set the area settings? This Is a stupid question but It doesn't mess with the quality does It?

Many other games on the PS4 are games meant for TVs, so they were made to detect the overscan I believe. While PSO2 is almost a carbon copy port of the PC version. In my experience PCs do not take into account the overscan automatically when connected to an HDTV, and has to be either adjusted on the GPU settings or the TV settings.

Also no, does not mess with quality. The game still plays at 1080p60.

Icis
Apr 20, 2016, 05:50 PM
Is keyboard really required for chat now on PS4? It wasn't for the beta.

Gestriden
Apr 20, 2016, 06:05 PM
Can you Unloink your SEN from your PSO2? I made the big mistake of linking to my US account when I meant to link to my JP account, struggles help.

Rainoffire
Apr 20, 2016, 06:44 PM
Is keyboard really required for chat now on PS4? It wasn't for the beta.

I type fine with the DS4 and the PS4's onscreen keyboard. You can go full KB&M on PS4 if you want to.

Can you Unloink your SEN from your PSO2? I made the big mistake of linking to my US account when I meant to link to my JP account, struggles help.

You need to go email Sega to unlink your PSN account.

Sephirod
Apr 20, 2016, 07:03 PM
I type fine with the DS4 and the PS4's onscreen keyboard. You can go full KB&M on PS4 if you want to.

Speaking of keyboard if anyone has a suggestion for a mini wireless azerty one ^^;
Sadly, the 2nd screen feature with PlayStation App doesn't do the trick on PSO2, can't validate.

And for the fullscreen thing, the workaround actually works for PS2 classic games and games like FF Type-0 HD, that's fantastic !

Sara-hime
Apr 20, 2016, 08:06 PM
Speaking of keyboard if anyone has a suggestion for a mini wireless azerty one ^^;
Sadly, the 2nd screen feature with PlayStation App doesn't do the trick on PSO2, can't validate.

And for the fullscreen thing, the workaround actually works for PS2 classic games and games like FF Type-0 HD, that's fantastic !

I have a wireless Apple keyboard (back when I used my old Apple laptop) hanging around and it works great. I imagine any good Bluetooth keyboard will also work well.

Played a little bit of the PS4 version and I'll be mainly playing on that as it blows my laptop away, especially at 1080p60. The initial install threw me off though (7GB download, but installs when loaded).

Rakurai
Apr 20, 2016, 08:29 PM
It kind of bugs me that in the long run, it's way more efficient to grind NT weapons by simply using 7-9* fodders due to 10-13* providing only a minor benefit in EXP gain for how much rarer they are.

Using a 7-9* NT weapon of the same type as what you're grinding is worth 55 EXP, whereas a 12* is worth 140 by comparison.

Korima
Apr 20, 2016, 09:07 PM
Wait, so the new cyber weapons are hard to get as fuck? because I think they look but I don't want to play into another grindfest.

Zeroem
Apr 20, 2016, 09:11 PM
Wait, so the new cyber weapons are hard to get as fuck? because I think they look but I don't want to play into another grindfest.

Well, grindfest should be expected. At the very least, you'll get freebies along the way and one Nox NT per Revolutio list.

And you got like, approximately 4 months for this list.

Bellion
Apr 20, 2016, 09:29 PM
Rare Drop Boosters increase the percentage gains towards the Collect File weapons. Burn your excubes!

Tofify
Apr 21, 2016, 08:02 AM
how put the ps4 version in fullscreen plz?

Rainoffire
Apr 21, 2016, 08:34 AM
how put the ps4 version in fullscreen plz?

What do you mean by fullscreen?
Black Borders?

Xaelouse
Apr 21, 2016, 08:40 AM
I just wish they let lambda drop in free fields or something.

Lambda grinders do drop from random e-trials sometimes

Rakurai
Apr 21, 2016, 08:51 AM
There's been numerous reports of the Revolucio series weapons dropping directly from SHAQ enemies without needing to actually complete the collect file.

Would make sense for them have a permanent drop location if the collect file is only for a limited time. I assume the Takamikazuchi weapons can probably drop directly from the enemy in question, as well.

jooozek
Apr 21, 2016, 08:55 AM
There's been numerous reports of the Revolucio series weapons dropping directly from SHAQ enemies without needing to actually complete the collect file.

Would make sense for them have a permanent drop location if the collect file is only for a limited time. I assume the Takamikazuchi weapons can probably drop directly from the enemy in question, as well.

they aren't on any SHAQ quest log so ??? unless this was changed this emergency maintenance

Selphea
Apr 21, 2016, 09:30 AM
So a +32 Nox Dinas NT gets 50% attribute.

Going from +32 to +33 is... 9 ATK, 0 attribute.

Any point to hitting +35?

final_attack
Apr 21, 2016, 09:46 AM

Does potential is the same one as the non-NT counterpart? :o

FANSean
Apr 21, 2016, 09:56 AM

It's probably there to snag hardcore completionists and people who want the max possible output from their weapon.

SteveCZ
Apr 21, 2016, 10:03 AM
So... when will this 22nd April scratch comes..?

EDIT: nvm. I guess it's 14.00 JST

Xaelouse
Apr 21, 2016, 10:05 AM

It's been stated that they can drop anytime while you have the file

Selphea
Apr 21, 2016, 10:06 AM
Does potential is the same one as the non-NT counterpart? :o

Yea same potential, greater ele stance.

Tofify
Apr 21, 2016, 10:34 AM
What do you mean by fullscreen?
Black Borders?

Yeah but i find a fix, thx !

Lorne
Apr 21, 2016, 12:33 PM
Do kills of "target enemies" in AQs and XQs count towards the collection file? Asking because the drop tables are different there, so the target enemies wouldn't have the item in their drop table.

Kondibon
Apr 21, 2016, 12:45 PM
Do kills of "target enemies" in AQs and XQs count towards the collection file? Asking because the drop tables are different there, so the target enemies wouldn't have the item in their drop table.Yeah, they count. Any enemy that drops stuff at all counts. If it's in a quest where it doesn't drop things (like the harkotan TA) then they won't count.

It's also worth mentioning that getting the item as a normal drop from ANY enemy counts as getting it, even if they don't increase the bar. I had a Luda Sorcerer drop a Radiegle and it counted as collected, even though the collection file wants me to kill Dichadas.

TaigaUC
Apr 21, 2016, 03:39 PM
It'd be a lot better if we could select action type for certain weapons.
I came up with a convoluted way to set it up for keyboard/mouse without confusing myself too much.
I moved "reverse palette" to R key.
Shift key is set to work as it did before (ie. Gunner flip, Knuckles sway, etc).
Middle mouse for the middle PA (same function as Shift).

This way, I should be able to use everything as before.
Only thing I have to get used to is hitting R for reverse palette instead of shift.
Hm. Or not. I still have to get used to the new PA button placements for some PAs.

Hmm. If I hold "reverse palette" and then charge a PA (ie. Heel Stab) and then while charging, release "reverse palette"...
It'll switch to the original palette, and if the button I'm holding matches an action that can cancel PAs, such as stylish JA roll, my charging will get cancelled.
That's annoying...

So... basically, I can't put any reverse palette holdable PAs on the same button as weapon action on the original palette.

Drekko
Apr 21, 2016, 08:17 PM
Anyone knows how to resize the UI/Overlay on the PS4 version? I find it little bit large for my taste.

Drekko
Apr 21, 2016, 08:35 PM
Also anyone knows why the shadow border screen effect is disabled by default on the PS4? I went and enabled it and I find that it makes the game look better and 0 impact on performance.

munekun
Apr 22, 2016, 03:57 AM
Also anyone knows why the shadow border screen effect is disabled by default on the PS4? I went and enabled it and I find that it makes the game look better and 0 impact on performance.
What exactly does the setting do? I didn't notice It was turned off.

Shoterxx
Apr 22, 2016, 05:14 AM
Anyone knows how to resize the UI/Overlay on the PS4 version? I find it little bit large for my taste.

Not sure if it works that way, but you can manualy size your UI on the PC by going to your PSO2 documents folder and editing this part of user.pso2:

Screen = {
InterfaceSize = 0,
MaxScale = 1,
PreferredScale = 1,
ReferenceResolution = {
Y = 1080,
X = 1920,
},

The higher the resolution, the smaller the interface. Note that some details might get crushed, like separator lines and such.

On PS4, if you get lucky, it should be in the save files with the same structure. Though I don't have a PS4, so I don't know.

What exactly does the setting do? I didn't notice It was turned off.

That's the vignette effect. It simulates an issue cameras have, because #realism.

Sephirod
Apr 22, 2016, 06:56 AM

To resize UI it's on the main screen after the title screen, the option right under the "PSO2es" thing, 4th one.

Where is it ? So I can enable it too :3

Kondibon
Apr 22, 2016, 04:37 PM
So apparently 1-6* NT weapons all have a JA latent that gives 2-4% damage. This is totally useful and not at all overshadowed by crafted weapons, definitely.

Rakurai
Apr 22, 2016, 06:01 PM
The only NT weapons that seem significantly better then crafted red weapons are maxed out Nox weapons, which both outperform the 13* Yokazura weapons in every way and are much cheaper to grind.

TaigaUC
Apr 22, 2016, 06:04 PM
So the NT weapons aren't worth getting then? Figures.

Zeroem
Apr 22, 2016, 06:41 PM
To be fair, NT-weapons are most likely designed more with new players in mind, not veterans and old players.
Something to ease their arsenal progression before getting their hands on a *13 perhaps.

Meta77
Apr 22, 2016, 07:04 PM
for anyone that got the physical copy of the game what is the code on the back of the manual for?

Kondibon
Apr 22, 2016, 07:23 PM
To be fair, NT-weapons are most likely designed more with new players in mind, not veterans and old players.
Something to ease their arsenal progression before getting their hands on a *13 perhaps.I thought that for a bit too, but even low extend level gear is better than most of the NT weapons.

I like the system as a whole though, and I hope they don't just suddenly drop it, because it's much preferable to dealing with potential grind losses.

Meta77
Apr 22, 2016, 07:31 PM
also what is error code 750

Zeroem
Apr 22, 2016, 07:34 PM
I thought that for a bit too, but even low extend level gear is better than most of the NT weapons.

I like the system as a whole though, and I hope they don't just suddenly drop it, because it's much preferable to dealing with potential grind losses.

Well, incidentally NT system also make weapon extension harder to level (since the number of extension fodder available got cut). I guess SEGA want to indirectly bury weapon crafting? :wacko:

But yeah, hopefully NT-grinding system will be fully fleshed in the future. And maybe implemented to Old-Type weapons as well.

Kondibon
Apr 22, 2016, 07:39 PM
Well, incidentally NT system also make weapon extension harder to level (since the number of extension fodder available got cut). I guess SEGA want to indirectly bury weapon crafting? :wacko:Honestly I don't see why they couldn't let you craft NT weapons, and you're right, you eventually won't be able to get the 1-6* crafting achievements otherwise.

And maybe implemented to Old-Type weapons as well.I'm pretty sure the whole reason they had to add new versions of the weapons is because that wouldn't work. I am expecting new NT weapons though.

EvilMag
Apr 22, 2016, 08:45 PM
Nox Talis NT is a pretty good talis for dark techs. Could anyone do comparisons with other 13* talises?

TaigaUC
Apr 23, 2016, 03:29 AM
So NT is just a "sidegrade" that isn't as good?
That's really annoying.
It proves again that SEGA just wants to confuse people with content that's not much more than a waste of time.
They're too lazy to do anything that might change game balance, but they want to give people the illusion of "progression".

It's particularly annoying because the waste of time sidegrades usually have features that should have been on other systems to begin with.
Like they are well aware of the issues plaguing the rest of the game, but don't want to straight out fix them without punishing us in other ways.

Rakurai
Apr 23, 2016, 03:58 AM
The *12 weapons are significantly better then crafted ones at max strength, but aside from that, yeah, it's just a sidegrade.

TaigaUC
Apr 23, 2016, 04:07 AM
Yeah. Do the 12 star NT ones still drop from bosses like PD?

Rakurai
Apr 23, 2016, 04:38 AM
As far as I can tell, the drop locations are exactly the same as they were for the original weapons.

That said, Nox weapons in general are reasonably common from solo XQs.

TaigaUC
Apr 23, 2016, 04:40 AM
I wish I could get rid of my old Nox weapons.
Got tons of them clogging up my storage.

Kondibon
Apr 23, 2016, 08:38 AM
I wish I could get rid of my old Nox weapons.
Got tons of them clogging up my storage.Get one of the new 13*s and feed them to it. :P

TaigaUC
Apr 23, 2016, 02:17 PM
You can feed old 12 stars to new 13 stars?

Well, most of the 13 stars are roughly the same damage as each other, just for slightly different situations.
I already have 13 stars for just about every weapon type on every account.
Really don't want to go out of my way to get more 13 stars.

Kondibon
Apr 23, 2016, 02:45 PM
So, when you convert a pet back to an egg it keeps its levels and stats, but becomes account bound. The interesting thing is that, since they keep the bonus stats, if you feed the egg to another pet then it gets those too. For people who want to max a pet's stats out quickly it might be better to get a few low rarity fodder pets, increase their stats (since more pets means you can feed them more eggs before having to wait) then feed the eggs to the pet you actually want the stats on. The cost of returning them to eggs is pretty cheap too if they're under 10*.

You can feed old 12 stars to new 13 stars?Yeah, you can feed any weapon of any rarity to any of the NT weapons, they just get less exp for things lower rarity than they are, and more for higher rarity. The cost is also based on the rarity of the fodder weapon instead of the target weapon. Also, NT weapons give bonus exp based on their current +. I got a 9* to +30 just to see how the system works and it gives an extra 533 exp when the base it gives is just 40 >_>.

There's also a bonus for the weapon being the same rarity, weapon type, and/or exact weapon.

Well, most of the 13 stars are roughly the same damage as each other, just for slightly different situations.
I already have 13 stars for just about every weapon type on every account.
Really don't want to go out of my way to get more 13 stars.Fair enough. It was just a suggestion. :P

TaigaUC
Apr 23, 2016, 04:51 PM
Okies, thanks. I was just thinking about the 13 star thing after you mentioned it.

I want to talk about something funny:
Did anyone else notice that ship 2 was moved to the bottom of the list for the PS4 release?
Despite being the least populated server.
During Eluther earlier, I noticed all servers were yellow or red, except ship 2 which was green.

Methinks SEGA doesn't want filthy gaijins ruining new players' PSO2 experience.
Though they're doing a good job ruining it without our help.

ArcaneTechs
Apr 23, 2016, 05:46 PM
Okies, thanks. I was just thinking about the 13 star thing after you mentioned it.

I want to talk about something funny:
Did anyone else notice that ship 2 was moved to the bottom of the list for the PS4 release?
Despite being the least populated server.
During Eluther earlier, I noticed all servers were yellow or red, except ship 2 which was green.

Methinks SEGA doesn't want filthy gaijins ruining new players' PSO2 experience.
Though they're doing a good job ruining it without our help.
you also realize the list of Ships descends top to bottom right? 10->1 , unless thats only what i see on my side, sorta doubt this has anything with Sega throwing out the bird to Ship 2

Kondibon
Apr 23, 2016, 05:48 PM
I can confirm that Revolucio weapons drop in SHAQs. Just saying, for people who were wondering.

ArcaneTechs
Apr 23, 2016, 05:51 PM
I can confirm that Revolucio weapons drop in SHAQs. Just saying, for people who were wondering.
Swiki has it listed, if you had to say, is the Drop Rate comparable to horrid UQ Area drops?

Kondibon
Apr 23, 2016, 05:53 PM
Swiki has it listed, if you had to say, is the Drop Rate comparable to horrid UQ Area drops?No idea, it was literally my first 13* weapon drop period, and I didn't even have a 250% booster.

TaigaUC
Apr 23, 2016, 06:22 PM
I just noticed that even if I use a PA on the reverse palette, it keeps using weapon action on the same button to cancel the PA on the front palette.
What a huge pain up the ass.

@Kondibon
Grats!

you also realize the list of Ships descends top to bottom right? 10->1 , unless thats only what i see on my side, sorta doubt this has anything with Sega throwing out the bird to Ship 2

When I logged in after the graphics update, I immediately thought they changed the ship order from the usual.

My mistake then.

Keilyn
Apr 23, 2016, 06:26 PM
@TaigaUC

Off-topic, but I wonder about your screenname. Does it at all relate to the biome itself? Taigas are my favorite.

cheapgunner
Apr 23, 2016, 06:52 PM
No idea, it was literally my first 13* weapon drop period, and I didn't even have a 250% booster.

Well, Ima have to look for where they drop and farm I suppose. Completing the weapon list for the 13* seems kinda easy atm so that's a plus I guess.

Well, any SHAQ ca dorp em. That's even better.

TaigaUC
Apr 23, 2016, 06:52 PM
@Keilyn

Don't know what you're talking about, sorry.
This screenname has several meanings attached to it.
It's nothing important. Whatever you like is fine.

Kondibon
Apr 23, 2016, 07:03 PM
@Keilyn

Don't know what you're talking about, sorry.
This screenname has several meanings attached to it.
It's nothing important. Whatever you like is fine.It's now my head canon that you're actually a tiny brunette tsundere loli.

yoshiblue
Apr 23, 2016, 07:27 PM
Quick, break out the fan art!

Altiea
Apr 23, 2016, 08:08 PM
Add a Toradora collab and we'll have come full circle.

Keilyn
Apr 23, 2016, 09:45 PM
It's now my head canon that you're actually a tiny brunette tsundere loli.

Taiga, or myself?

Altiea
Apr 23, 2016, 10:07 PM
Taiga, or myself?

Taiga. Hence the Toradora reference.

Zeroem
Apr 23, 2016, 10:08 PM
Taiga, or myself?

Kondi's talking about Taiga. Since Taiga in a sense share a similar name with the female protagonist of Toradora! (http://myanimelist.net/anime/4224/Toradora) and she is......what Kondi said earlier:
[spoiler-box]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQzguxnvDLhvyW30vZJpdbfB3TKwGklO LLa6smMKA6bSpy9WHv3GlNIQth4
[/spoiler-box]

Keilyn
Apr 23, 2016, 10:30 PM
Ah ok.
I haven't seen much of that one... is it any good?

TaigaUC
Apr 24, 2016, 04:38 AM
Don't worry Keilyn, you can be a tsundere loli too.

Poyonche
Apr 24, 2016, 05:27 AM
Don't worry Keilyn, you can be a tsundere loli too.

In my mind you are this : [SPOILER-BOX]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2d/Picea_glauca_taiga.jpg This is what I have in the mind when i read "Taiga"[/SPOILER-BOX]

SteveCZ
Apr 24, 2016, 05:52 AM
In my mind you are this : [SPOILER-BOX]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2d/Picea_glauca_taiga.jpg This is what I have in the mind when i read "Taiga"[/SPOILER-BOX]

The dust in the middle top of the picture? wow that's offensive.

TaigaUC
Apr 24, 2016, 07:09 AM
That's a nice picture.

TaigaUC
Apr 24, 2016, 09:09 AM
Finally got around to trying the new Bonus Quest Magatsu (Gold).
With 100% Triboost, 75% EXP, 100% Bonus EXP, 9% Triboost and Lv3 Team EXP boost.
Went from 61 (the start?) to 2/3rds through 63.

Tried it on another character with similar boosts.
Went from around the start of 74 to 2/3rds through 75.

I think it's kinda in between Silver and Gold Tokyo, or less because we normally don't have +100% EXP.

Edit: Tried a Silver. With full boosts it only gave about 1/3rd of a bar of EXP at level 61. So that was ass.

Meanwhile, it looks like PSO2 is doing well.
http://mmoloda.com/pso2/image.php?id=79475