PDA

View Full Version : Will the new graphics update bring back the "bad client"? :O

Squal_FFVIII
Apr 19, 2016, 10:52 PM
Lmao, imagine the game goes back to being a huge stuttery mess when people switch weapons?

The game in its current state is MUCH improved when it comes to weapon switching stutter. It's basically gone.

I wonder if sega has made some changes to the engine to allow all these new effects? or are they just piling them over the same old crappy, poorly coded engine?

The new benchmark tool runs great for most people, but that wont really dictate how well the game itself will actually run.

I mean the older benchmarks always ran great for me very high fps, but the main game was a whole different story. Benchmarks ran great with zero stutter, but the main game was full of stuttering specially in TA's back when people used to switch weapons for dashing fast.

On my rig the new benchmark tool gives me a score of 53K with buttery smooth performance meaning that not only do I get high fps but there also zero stutter. That sounds great doesn't it? We will have to wait and see just how the real game actually runs tho.

Sadly sega has done way too many mistakes in the past, infact I have a feeling that something will go horribly wrong with this huge update LOL.

That said what are your thoughts?

ShinMegamiSensei
Apr 19, 2016, 10:54 PM
If it stutters, I am not forced to use it.

ArcaneTechs
Apr 19, 2016, 10:54 PM
we'll find out once the servers are online

wahahaha
Apr 19, 2016, 10:57 PM
Is there any reason for you to flood the forum with useless threads every single week

nguuuquaaa
Apr 19, 2016, 11:11 PM
I remember the update that completely removed "bad client" had something to do with my room... or not. Need someone to clarify this.
So it would be fine, I think... probably...

Enforcer MKV
Apr 19, 2016, 11:16 PM
I imagine the reason why they did the performance update in the first place was because they were releasing the game for PS4, so even if they did end up borking the client a bit, I think they'd try to fix it relatively quickly.

Even if they didn't, people played the game before the performance update. I'm sure most people would keep playing.

Qualia
Apr 19, 2016, 11:16 PM
Is there any reason for you to flood the forum with useless threads every single week

Glad I'm not the only one that's bothered by this.

ArcaneTechs
Apr 19, 2016, 11:19 PM
been wanting (if i havent already) to point this out, its not gonna stop him, literally has to be about every little thing.

Squal_FFVIII
Apr 19, 2016, 11:49 PM
Lol, I didn't know this thread would anger some of you. You're acting like children. I mean you guys are getting butthurt as if I went into your house and spit on your floor...lol.

I didn't know so many people felt so self-entitled to "defend" the forum from "useless" posts. If you don't like it don't post. Now there's a useful piece of advice.

Another thing is that some of you are making it seem like I post here every day. The last time I posted something was like 8 days ago.

Another thing is that I don't know any of you nor even remember you the fact that you seem to remember and seem to have some kinda personal problem with me outside the game is pretty pathetic.

Lastly this is just one of those threads to kill some time before the update comes back. So chill the fuck out and stop acting like pricks. : )

ArcaneTechs
Apr 19, 2016, 11:55 PM
Lol, I didn't know this thread would anger some of you. You're acting like children. I mean you guys are getting butthurt as if I went into your house and spit on your floor...lol.

I didn't know so many people felt so self-entitled to "defend" the forum from "useless" posts. If you don't like it don't post. Now there's a useful piece of advice.

Another thing is that some of you are making it seem like I post here every day. The last time I posted something was like 8 days ago.

Another thing is that I don't know any of you nor even remember you the fact that you seem to remember and seem to have some kinda personal problem with me outside the game is pretty pathetic.

Lastly this is just one of those threads to kill some time before the update comes back. So chill the fuck out and stop acting like pricks. : )
:wacko:

wefwq
Apr 20, 2016, 12:16 AM
http://puu.sh/ohFFM.png

This thread remind me a ton to the "certain someone" who always use biggest font :wacko:

Aine
Apr 20, 2016, 12:18 AM
According to the patch notes they are changing some file formats which will improve some loading times. Whether that affects map loading times in general or just stuff like models remains to be seen.

ArcaneTechs
Apr 20, 2016, 12:20 AM
This thread remind me a ton to the "certain someone" who always use biggest font :wacko:
dont forget that special snowflake with their Rodeo Drive Space Whale character, they also have a character that looks like an 80yr old smoker which of course they boast about being "beautiful" etc

Squal_FFVIII
Apr 20, 2016, 12:20 AM
According to the patch notes they are changing some file formats which will improve some loading times. Whether that affects map loading times in general or just stuff like models remains to be seen.

Any word on when the game will be back online? I actually can't wait to test out the new shiny graphics lol.

ArcaneTechs
Apr 20, 2016, 12:22 AM
Any word on when the game will be back online? I actually can't wait to test out the new shiny graphics lol.
Maint 1pm-4am est, you know this as it happens every week, unless its extended maint, it either ends at the time given or ends early than expected. a "specific" time isn't given

Shadowth117
Apr 20, 2016, 12:25 AM

Well, it extracted all the same for sure. I will say that if you're not using slider 6 that it should probably load faster since the extra texture maps are stored in separate files. Past that, I dunno really.

Squal_FFVIII
Apr 20, 2016, 12:26 AM
Maint 1pm-4am est, you know this as it happens every week, unless its extended maint, it either ends at the time given or ends early than expected. a "specific" time isn't given

I'm fully aware of that, but as we all know this is a huge update. Infact the biggest update to the game thus far. So I wasn't sure if the servers would be up at the same time they always are every week.

Qualia
Apr 20, 2016, 12:29 AM
I'm fully aware of that, but as we all know this is a huge update. Infact the biggest update to the game thus far. So I wasn't sure if the servers would be up at the same time they always are every week.

http://www.bumped.org/psublog/

Shadowth117
Apr 20, 2016, 12:37 AM

They're supposed to be, but you know how extended maint goes :nerd:

SteveCZ
Apr 20, 2016, 12:47 AM
Guess not.

ArcaneTechs
Apr 20, 2016, 01:03 AM
which is why i said unless its "extended maintenance" then the time will be the same and even if there was extended maintenance going on, all you have to do is go to Bumped or smack 1st page of the official site to know. This is literally not the hardest thing to remember or do

SteveCZ
Apr 20, 2016, 01:08 AM
If the game is up then it's up. If it's not then it's not. As if I got nothing else I can do, lol.
We already know the history of the maintenance issue, so it's quite unfortunate that we all can think that way.

Come back again if the extended maintenance takes 2 days (48 hours) if you wanna rage about it.

Alisha
Apr 21, 2016, 12:28 AM
this game has never stutterd for me except the one time i tried playing it on vita. maybe you should try not playing on a toaster?