PDA

View Full Version : PS4 users. How do you switch off the new control settings

TimelessDbz
Apr 20, 2016, 12:46 PM
I really don't like using new control type by holding L2. So how do you switch it?

D-Inferno
Apr 20, 2016, 01:06 PM
You really should not; you'll be at a huge disdvantage if you do. Instead, I recommend remapping the buttons to something like this:

This is what I changed from the default 3-button layout:
L1/LB -> 3rd Weapon Action (or first; with Square/X and Triangle/Y being 2nd and 3rd)
L2/RT -> Back to Subpalette like before
R1/LB -> Back to Palette Switch like before; too strong of a PS tradition to change to L2/RT for me
Left Stick -> Change view
Right Stick -> Lock On/Reset Camera

The biggest problem for me was deciding what to map to the Left Stick; as I feel that button is rather annoying to press compared to others. I can't manage using Zondeel, Ilzonde, and other support techs all the time with it; so I scrambled stuff as you see above for a more-PS tradition setup. While CHange View seems like it should go with the RS; you also "press" it a lot less often, so it won't make your left thumb sore. I also felt lock on works well with the fact that RS itself is used to change lock ons by nudging it while locking on to stuff.

TimelessDbz
Apr 20, 2016, 01:18 PM
Thanks for the suggestion but I really am used to the old control setup. When I press L2 I can not eve use a monomate .

Ceresa
Apr 20, 2016, 01:23 PM
Options, expand 2nd category, bottom choice is action type, left for 3 button, right for old 2 button.

Achelousaurus
Apr 20, 2016, 01:24 PM
I play on pc but with a ps2 style gamepad (I like being able to use every button unconditionally very much).
I went with a standard action game layout.
X = jump
[] / triangle / O = action 1 / 2 / 3
L1 = evade
L2 = switch palette
R1 = lockon
R2 = change target
select = main menu
Start = interact (nothing else left and if I put it on select I have to take my thumb off the left analog stick to pick up items, which is inconvenient in EQs where you gotta rush)