PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 ToroKuro Scratch is Live...but

sparab
Apr 22, 2016, 12:02 AM
http://pso2.jp/players/catalog/scratch/ac/20160422/

Will costume go skyrocket because of the ReturnerII SG system?

Flaoc
Apr 22, 2016, 12:05 AM
anyone got the link (till bumped updates anyway)

sparab
Apr 22, 2016, 12:08 AM
Sega just add the link, 6 minutes after scratch went alive and fun catalogue is still outdated

Xaeris
Apr 22, 2016, 12:28 AM
This female outerwear from the cast inspired set is a glorified accessory.

TaigaUC
Apr 22, 2016, 12:34 AM
Ugh. Terrible colors.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 22, 2016, 12:36 AM
Speaking of female wear/the lack of... I don't know when they snuck in new innerwear for all female characters for free specifically for the costume or what, but...

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://i.imgsafe.org/983fc00.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

I think all female characters have that now.

Free pasties for everyone... lol

Enforcer MKV
Apr 22, 2016, 12:38 AM
Speaking of female wear/the lack of... I don't know when they snuck in new innerwear for all female characters for free specifically for the costume or what, but...

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://i.imgsafe.org/983fc00.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

I think all female characters have that now.

That made me laugh. Hard.

sparab
Apr 22, 2016, 12:39 AM
Ugh. Terrible colors.

711 colour is 2016 trend, deal with it

Xaeris
Apr 22, 2016, 12:40 AM
You have to hand it to Sega. They could have sold that in a scratch. They could have bundled it in some music/drama CD. They could have made it a 10x Frequency Bonus for gold scratch. People would have done any single one of those. But they gave it to us for free. Go figure.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 22, 2016, 12:49 AM
You have to hand it to Sega. They could have sold that in a scratch. They could have bundled it in some music/drama CD. They could have made it a 10x Frequency Bonus for gold scratch. People would have done any single one of those. But they gave it to us for free. Go figure.

I know...

inb4emergencymaint

sparab
Apr 22, 2016, 12:51 AM
I know...

inb4emergencymaint

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233032

We sacrificed ReturnerII and doomed our economy forever, just to save the smart inner

starwind75043
Apr 22, 2016, 01:22 AM
PSO2 staff:Saki San there not buying scratches what do we do?

Saki: UNLEASH THE SLUT WEAR!

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/ih5PuKU.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Madevil
Apr 22, 2016, 01:22 AM
the price for リーヴァスワロー layered wear is still about the same as usually new set were released
but the listing price for matching accessories are just hideous...
8m for back wings
16m for wrest wings
22m for shoulder
I don't bothered to check the head piece

SteveCZ
Apr 22, 2016, 01:44 AM
I've already stated on the other thread that this bug won't affect these prices, but people just love to argue for the sake of existence maybe. So ... yeah.

Meanwhile gonna just enjoy the toro kuro stuff.

TaigaUC
Apr 22, 2016, 02:00 AM
The toro kuro shirt looks like they just painted a texture on the nude torso.
I think I spent more on my guy char this scratch than any of my girl characters.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 22, 2016, 02:01 AM
I want to like the basewear for the clevage show, and neck decor, but the fking colors, man!

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgsafe.org/cbd5ecb.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Oh and those heels look like they hurt, which is the norm for these mecha girl looks in japan

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgsafe.org/ccc3c44.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

TaigaUC
Apr 22, 2016, 02:03 AM
The black necktie was 20m but they're all gone.
I only ever saw three of them.

Fucking SEGA.

Looks like the necktie really floats forward too. Yuck.

final_attack
Apr 22, 2016, 02:25 AM
Well, at least I prefer the red one .....
someone with Skinhead and manly face go cosplay as Hitman (Agent 47)? lol

[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/ors1e/5afa60f666.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

wefwq
Apr 22, 2016, 02:36 AM
The black necktie was 20m but they're all gone.
I only ever saw three of them.

Fucking SEGA.

Looks like the necktie really floats forward too. Yuck.
Gotta wait until evening after all of your JP friends get home and start scratching :^)

TaigaUC
Apr 22, 2016, 02:56 AM
That didn't make a difference for the other necktie.
Even MaiDoll made fun of how ridiculously rare it was.

Warning on the frill one piece, the skirt barely has any physics (like all basewear).
It looks strangely static.

TaigaUC
Apr 22, 2016, 03:18 AM
Well, red neck tie jumped from 5m to 8m and the black one jumped from 20m to 30m.
Saved by the JP scratchers!

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 22, 2016, 03:20 AM
JP home now?

TaigaUC
Apr 22, 2016, 03:54 AM
Oh, it's still only 5pm there. 2 more hours.
Got my time messed up. I'm used to scratch coming up with server maintenance.

Zzzzzz.

Anyone else notice the preview screen looks like shit now?

This scratch just seems really lazy to me.
FUN scratch only has 2 new cosmetic items.
They revived the parker outfit but they didn't bother making recolors without that god awful red lining.

wefwq
Apr 22, 2016, 04:03 AM
Anyone else notice the preview screen looks like shit now?

This scratch just seems really lazy to me.
FUN scratch only has 2 new cosmetic items.
They revived the parker outfit but they didn't bother making recolors without that god awful red lining.
It's EPISODE 4, so nothing unusual.

TaigaUC
Apr 22, 2016, 08:10 AM
Well, black necktie dropped to 25m. Sweet. Not.

Kiboune
Apr 22, 2016, 09:44 AM
Well, it's first time, when i can't afford male [Ba] :(
Why prices for Suit Slacks [Ba] and Slacks [Ba] are so high?

TaigaUC
Apr 22, 2016, 09:51 AM
I just noticed the necktie is clipping through the collar and into my neck. What the hell.

In the livestream, there were loud cheers of applause when they first revealed the suit slacks.
Momoi asked the audience, "have you all been waiting for this kind of suit?" and they cheered louder.

So... apparently everyone was waiting for this kind of outfit for guys.
That's why it's so expensive.
Also most of the colors are garbage, so everyone wants the good colors.
Another reason is because girls tend like guys in suits.

Warning: even if you try to move the necktie, the dangling physics part will float in front of your chest. Annoying.

SteveCZ
Apr 22, 2016, 10:11 AM
If only the Frill One Piece has the shoes like Airy Summer Dress... sigh.

starwind75043
Apr 22, 2016, 10:29 AM
Actually rather shocked that this outfit is going for so much.

I cant really think of another male outfit your going to spend a lot on.

sparab
Apr 22, 2016, 10:30 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up184771.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Shirt+Pants=9m
Pants only=0.9m

Well, guess I am going to embrace a new style

TaigaUC
Apr 22, 2016, 12:09 PM
I bought a black shirt+pants for 2m earlier.
Wow... went up to 4m, huh.

These are some really terrible prices.

XbikXBd
Apr 22, 2016, 12:35 PM
on ship 9 the pants with shirt is about 9ish mill.

黒雪Yacchi
Apr 22, 2016, 03:57 PM
Now you too shall know what it's like to have overpriced clothes.

yoshiblue
Apr 22, 2016, 04:31 PM
Welcome to the CAST life, more or less.

[Ayumi]
Apr 22, 2016, 06:10 PM
If it's true the star gems might make the prices go up, I won't know if it will affect me or not until they add something that's actually good in the scratch for once by themselves.
It's bad the the most items I bought/wanted were from the contest side A which... was not designed by Sega.

Not moi. I do like they added that option as I guess it could work at times (it doesn't load the way it did in the image for me though, but at least if I wanted to wear something without having that white nonsense everywhere, the better I guess.... but can completely live without it as I don't like showing skin at all..

Also, I'm find a strange joy to see the guys struggling with the prices of clothes for once.
I personally see nothing on the male set I would want if I had a male character, but still... to each their own.

Stormwalker
Apr 23, 2016, 01:45 AM
Oh, how I desperately wish the Riva Swallow outfit had different photon trim colors for the different base wears. But no, they all have that same yellow.

My kingdom for a nice red...

Speaking of things I would pay for... being able to recolor the photon on a base wear? That I would pay for!

Stormwalker
Apr 23, 2016, 01:49 AM
;3349773']If it's true the star gems might make the prices go up, I won't know if it will affect me or not until they add something that's actually good in the scratch for once by themselves.
It's bad the the most items I bought/wanted were from the contest side A which... was not designed by Sega.

Not moi. I do like they added that option as I guess it could work at times (it doesn't load the way it did in the image for me though, but at least if I wanted to wear something without having that white nonsense everywhere, the better I guess.... but can completely live without it as I don't like showing skin at all..

The thing that's nice about it is that now there is an inner that will work with basically any basewear, no matter what shape it is. Before, this was a problem even with some existing basewear - if you didn't have a specific inner, you basically couldn't wear it without looking terrible.

Now I only have to buy an inner if I actually like it, not because it's the only one that works with a particular outfit.

TaigaUC
Apr 23, 2016, 03:27 AM
The Star Gem icon doesn't seem to be listed on layerwear tickets.
Can anyone confirm if it still affects them?

Stormwalker
Apr 23, 2016, 03:29 AM
The Star Gem icon doesn't seem to be listed on layerwear tickets.
Can anyone confirm if it still affects them?

There's a star gem progress bar on the outerwear, I don't see anything indicating that for inner or base, though.

Totori
Apr 23, 2016, 03:33 AM
It's not on tickets. Only for outfits you can trade it seems.

Lucky 777 post GET!

TaigaUC
Apr 23, 2016, 03:37 AM
Okay, thanks. So that's not why the layerwear and accessory stocks seem low, then.

Xaeris
Apr 23, 2016, 04:35 AM
More specifically than that, cast arm and leg parts don't generate star gems either. So the comprehensive list is: outerwear, costumes, and cast body frames.

Fun fact: outfits accumulate affection while you're offline so long as they're equipped. Buy a trash revival, equip it before you go to bed, and come back the next to to pick up your whopping 2 star gems.

TaigaUC
Apr 23, 2016, 04:39 AM
Did they elaborate on that in the livestream?
I thought they just said new outfits gave Star Gems. So I assumed Cast parts, layerwear, etc all counted.
Am I the only one who feels that was misleading? Or did I misunderstand?

I didn't know revivals counted.
God, I hate this whole Star Gems bullshit.

TaigaUC
Apr 23, 2016, 05:37 AM
I forgot that outfits with the Star Gem taken will show up as such in player shops.
That's annoying, too. Increases incentive to scratch and reduces incentive to resell.
As if layerwear binding wasn't already bad enough.

Cyber Meteor
Apr 23, 2016, 06:09 AM
I forgot that outfits with the Star Gem taken will show up as such in player shops.
That's annoying, too. Increases incentive to scratch and reduces incentive to resell.

Don't play Phantasy Star GEMS 2, it's a bad game, you should try to play Phantasy Star Online 2 instead, much better :-D "not serious at all" post

TaigaUC
Apr 23, 2016, 06:15 AM
Social Experiment for Gamer Aggravation

Cyber Meteor
Apr 23, 2016, 06:24 AM
I guess that game was made for "SEGA" an NOT by SEGA :wacko:

sparab
Apr 23, 2016, 11:15 AM

On the positive side, AC scratchers may get more incentive if ugly colours are getting sold. More expensive costumes can also be acquired at a cheaper price if one does not care for SG

ShinMegamiSensei
Apr 23, 2016, 12:19 PM
Does the game having star gems really affect a person that doesn't care about it? You don't NEED to get them, nothing you had before is locked out, it's simply another option if you want to change hair color without paying for a pass or whatever.

And the cheapest AC costumes are still in the 210k range, with fully empty SG gauges. It didn't even affect price.

Weiss9029
Apr 23, 2016, 12:49 PM
Does the game having star gems really affect a person that doesn't care about it? You don't NEED to get them, nothing you had before is locked out, it's simply another option if you want to change hair color without paying for a pass or whatever.

And the cheapest AC costumes are still in the 210k range, with fully empty SG gauges. It didn't even affect price.
Wait what, change hair color? you can't do that with star gems can you?

sparab
Apr 23, 2016, 12:56 PM
I wonder if it is possible to sell costumes with fully charged SG gauge? Smells like a new business plan

Stormwalker
Apr 23, 2016, 01:08 PM
Did they elaborate on that in the livestream?
I thought they just said new outfits gave Star Gems. So I assumed Cast parts, layerwear, etc all counted.
Am I the only one who feels that was misleading? Or did I misunderstand?

I didn't know revivals counted.
God, I hate this whole Star Gems bullshit.

The concept bothers me. The current implementation really doesn't, because:

1). The collection file cooldown is so short I see no real need to reset it anyway.
2). I would never have used AC to reset my gathering stamina, but I might actually use Star Gems I got for free to do it, simply because I have nothing else that I really want to use them on.
3). What else can they be used for? I know there's something else, but I can't even remember what it is, so obviously it didn't strike me as important.

So... essentially, as currently implemented there are no real drawbacks to the existence of Star Gems for me - in fact, if it weren't for the meters on the outfits, I would scarcely notice they exist.

Kondibon
Apr 23, 2016, 01:16 PM
As long as the star gems don't affect the prices of outfits I actually want (and they don't seem to be) then I don't mind them. I feel like letting players buy and sell AC directly, like some other games do, and getting rid of scratches entirely, would have been a better long term solution though.

wefwq
Apr 23, 2016, 01:24 PM
As long as the star gems don't affect the prices of outfits I actually want (and they don't seem to be) then I don't mind them. I feel like letting players buy and sell AC directly, like some other games do, and getting rid of scratches entirely, would have been a better long term solution though.
The use of SG are very limited atm, it won't affect price all that much at least until they made content that related/able to use SG relevant.

Kondibon
Apr 23, 2016, 01:28 PM
The use of SG are very limited atm, it won't affect price all that much at least until they made content that related/able to use SG relevant.Exactly, as long as they don't do that I'm good. :U

ShinMegamiSensei
Apr 23, 2016, 01:28 PM
Wait what, change hair color? you can't do that with star gems can you?
They're adding some kind of exchange shop with that in it, yeah. It's not in at the moment.

[Ayumi]
Apr 23, 2016, 02:02 PM

Wait, hang on. So outfits have a limited amount of time it can give gems?
Hahahahaha well now I have 0 care for gems.
Not going to be 1st buyers of shit and spent so many mils on outfits and seems if I wait all the gems might be off of it.
I'm starting to like EP4 due to the fact it's bringing out so much content that I have 0 interest in.

TaigaUC
Apr 23, 2016, 02:35 PM
I meant, if someone buys an outfit, wears it to milk the Gems, if they try to resell it, it'll show up as "no Gems" on the shop.
Keep in mind that this is going to apply to revivals as well. I don't know if it'll be even more difficult to sell old outfits if they get revived.
For people who do want the Star Gems, it gives them incentive to wear specific outfits. I really don't like that.
It's almost like how games add stats to outfits, so you feel you have to wear those instead of what you really want to wear.

Earlier, I was intentionally de-equipping the semi-expensive guy's jacket I bought.
Just in case I want to resell it. I don't want its value going down.

It's a valid point that Star Gems can be ignored right now.
But I think it's reasonable to be upset by the very concept of them.
Even if Gems don't affect people much right now, it still sets a dangerous precedent.
The fact that they are trying to limit portions of the game via Star Gems is a bad sign.

There's nothing stopping them from adding more stuff that does require Star Gems.
The game was fine without them for the past few years. The game didn't need them.
I'm not the only one that feels this way, anyway.
I'm having trouble convincing a close friend not to quit because the game keeps adding more and more things he hates, and nothing he wants.
Thanks, SEGA.

Other stuff that annoys me about Star Gems:
Why are they focusing on that shit instead of making something fun? Where are the gameplay modes?
It probably would have taken them less time and effort to slap in a boss battle mode.

And the fact that Star Gems is their response to people complaining that stamina makes Gathering un-fun also irritates me.
If nobody complained about Gathering's stamina, then we probably wouldn't even have Star Gems.
I don't think introducing another virtual currency in-between AC makes Gathering more fun.
It shows they (still) really don't give a flying fuck what everyone thinks or wants.
That is not a good sign for the direction of the game.
So I think it's understandable that people want to quit after realizing SEGA just keeps shitting on our faces.

I get upset when I see poor game design. Especially when it prioritizes profits over player enjoyment.
This is just one of those things.

I know some people are going to say, "it's just a game", but I value good design.
Good game design is especially often underestimated.
There are people out there who are talented and skilled at design.
But they're not appreciated, because almost nobody cares if something has good design or not.

tl;dr - the game didn't need Star Gems to begin with, and they probably wouldn't even have added them if Gathering didn't suck.

Edit: Proven incorrect. They had Star Gems listed on the Deluxe Package before they even implemented Gathering.

Stormwalker
Apr 23, 2016, 03:25 PM
Other stuff that annoys me about Star Gems:
Why are they focusing on that shit instead of making something fun? Where are the gameplay modes?
It probably would have taken them less time and effort to slap in a boss battle mode.

I agree with you on almost all counts. I'm just relieved that, at least for now, I don't have to worry about it, and I'm not going to get myself all wound up worrying about it when I don't have to.

Besides, they just put in the thing I have most wanted in this game for a very long time (the new weapon palette system), so my tolerance for Sega being Sega is a little higher than usual at the moment.

pkemr4
Apr 23, 2016, 03:46 PM
2 gems isn't worth me wearing a shitty outfit

[Ayumi]
Apr 23, 2016, 03:55 PM
I meant, if someone buys an outfit, wears it to milk the Gems, if they try to resell it, it'll show up as "no Gems" on the shop.
Keep in mind that this is going to apply to revivals as well. I don't know if it'll be even more difficult to sell old outfits if they get revived.
For people who do want the Star Gems, it gives them incentive to wear specific outfits. I really don't like that.
That just makes me want them even less.

It's almost like how games add stats to outfits, so you feel you have to wear those instead of what you really want to wear.
You mean like PSO2SEA with their stat shit which people didn't like that seems to make it over to this version too in the form of SG (Stupid Gems)?

And the fact that Star Gems is their response to people complaining that stamina makes Gathering un-fun also irritates me.
If nobody complained about Gathering's stamina, then we probably wouldn't even have Star Gems.
I don't think introducing another virtual currency in-between AC makes Gathering more fun.
I was not open about it, but I didn't like the whole gathering and collecting crap they added and thought we should've never gotten it.
The 1st few weeks I would do them religiously on my characters to benefit out of it greatly to get items... but after that I stopped caring. I haven't gathered or colleced in a good while now as you said other said... it's not fun and gets boring having to wait 5 hours at a time to do it.

What's funny is these SG shit still doesn't help as I heard it seems to get stars from the outfits from someone that got one of the outfits that it might be almost wearing it for a whole day (I'm sure while offline doesn't count) to get 2 gems off it. That pretty much mean being on a lot just to farm gems from it... 2 at a time.
Oh and I did my 1st Magatsu keys yesterday. 1 silver and 1 gold. Silver gave me 1 gem and gold gave me 5. Seeing how rare keys are in general... that still doesn't up me care.
When something seems tedious and way too time consuming that it needs to be.. I don't give a fuck about it.
That's why even those daily orders like for let's say for example to kill 10 Polar Bears or 10 of those Picoda/Wattas which are a rare spawn, [SPOILER-BOX](or for Bears you can get into the 2nd Tokyo mission and spam it 5 times to get them... which is a "fuck no" for 60k and for Watta/Picoda it's resetting the Harkotan TA 5 times to get that done... which is less tedious but just as annoying/ boring)[/SPOILER-BOX] I never do them.

tl;dr - the game didn't need Star Gems to begin with, and they probably wouldn't even have added them if Gathering didn't suck.
Better yet, if they didn't add gathering PERIOD

isCasted
Apr 23, 2016, 04:05 PM
Gathering, crafting, pets - none of this traditional MMO stuff makes sense in a setting of Phantasy Star even, and implementation of these systems in PSO2 is lazy and in some places convoluted. What's gonna come up next on SEGA's mind, laggy PvP with weird rules?

[Ayumi]
Apr 23, 2016, 04:15 PM
Gathering, crafting, pets - none of this traditional MMO stuff makes sense in a setting of Phantasy Star even, and implementation of these systems in PSO2 is lazy and in some places convoluted. What's gonna come up next on SEGA's mind, laggy PvP with weird rules?

PSO, PSU, and PSP2/PSP2i had PVP.
And people been wanting PVP in PSO2 since the 1st year so I would not put it past them to do that.
Also wouldn't put it past them if they did something like, "Win 10 times in a row without taking damage to get an Austere."

pkemr4
Apr 23, 2016, 04:16 PM

yes?

5char

TaigaUC
Apr 23, 2016, 04:47 PM
They keep putting player vs player on the enquete.
I wonder if people actually pick it.
I did this time, but I didn't necessarily mean versus combat.
I think versus minigames would be nice.

I haven't been doing quests or EQs because I can just level via Bonus Keys now. It's way faster/easier and I get way more EXP.
I already have 13 stars for stuff I want. Plus if I do want anything, it never drops.
It costs a fortune to grind 13 stars and the damage difference is negligible.
I don't want to do stupid boring shit to get Lambda Grinders. It's not fun.
I haven't been doing Gathering because the stuff I need almost never drops, and I don't want to waste my tickets.

It feels like if you want to do anything in PSO2 (and there aren't many things to do) there are always huge demerits that really don't need to be there.
It's just shit design.

sparab
Apr 23, 2016, 04:51 PM
I feel like letting players buy and sell AC directly, like some other games do, and getting rid of scratches entirely, would have been a better long term solution though.

Sega doesn't what to put all eggs in one basket, so it is natural to promote more players spend cash rather than rely on a few big buyers and a majority of freemium.

Stormwalker
Apr 23, 2016, 04:57 PM
2 gems isn't worth me wearing a shitty outfit

Agreed. I mean, if I refuse to use ugly weapons for more damage, then I definitely refuse to wear outfits I don't like for a couple of star gems.

TaigaUC
Apr 23, 2016, 04:58 PM
Well, to be honest, if you talk of buying and selling AC directly, it reminds me of games like Perfect World.
Some stuff was only purchasable with real money and some stuff with in-game money.
People with real money traded for in-game money, eg. 1 real money = 100000 in-game money.
But it was hard as hell to earn in-game money playing the actual game.
Meaning if you wanted any decent outfits you pretty much had to spend real money.
Wasn't a fan of that.

No idea how well it'd work in PSO2 without seeing it in action in PSO2's context.

sparab
Apr 23, 2016, 05:02 PM
It feels like if you want to do anything in PSO2 (and there aren't many things to do) there are always huge demerits that really don't need to be there.
It's just shit design.

Many people plead to have a non-eq AIS quest.

So sega made us a bonus quest that is less readily available than TD3/4/magatsu

TaigaUC
Apr 23, 2016, 05:04 PM
I wish they'd add more actual game modes instead.
If they do add a new game mode, it'll probably be something stupid like "you have to do 10 regular old quests a day to gain access once".

Two gems aren't worth wearing a shitty outfit now, but SEGA seems to really love their Star Gem system.
In before they try to push it onto us in all sorts of annoying ways.
It counts while you're not logged in, so you can just wear it and log off then log in a day later and bam.

If they make Star Gems more valuable, expect people to buy AC and then wear each of their outfits before putting them on sale.
I know I'm just expecting the worst. It'll be ass if it does get to that point.

TaigaUC
Apr 23, 2016, 05:10 PM
Oh yeah, and I think the reason SEGA forces random scratch is to revitalize certain unpopular items.
If they let people pick what they wanted, a lot of stuff would never get restocked until the prices skyrocketed.

pkemr4
Apr 23, 2016, 05:44 PM
they could always make it one purchase only or something

Cyber Meteor
Apr 23, 2016, 06:09 PM

Nope. I just checked and they planned Star Gems before getting the complaints about Gathering, as the EP4 deluxe package which contains a 100 SG tickets was revealed in February 22 before Gathering got implemented into the game so before the complaints too

Source http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-episode-4-deluxe-package/

TaigaUC
Apr 23, 2016, 06:20 PM
Hmm. Interesting.
That actually makes their response to "fixing stamina" even worse.

Thanks for that.

Actually, Bumped tends to go back and update some old posts.
Dunno if the date changes after they edit it.

Hmm.

Cyber Meteor
Apr 23, 2016, 06:29 PM
I don't think we can even say it was to "fix Stamina" :wacko:

TaigaUC
Apr 23, 2016, 06:34 PM
Well, I was going from the livestream.
They were addressing complaints, and they talked about how people didn't like Gathering.
The comments were filled with "remove stamina!"
And SEGA just started talking about how they were adding Star Gems.
That's why I got the impression it was to "fix stamina".

Gathering was implemented on March 9th.
The March 21st trailer has the Star Gem ticket.
Just need to check when that livestream where they first talked about Star Gems was.

If they did come up with it beforehand, it begs the question of why didn't they implement Star Gems sooner?

Edit: Star Gems were first introduced on the March 21st livestream.
Need to double check if they listed the Star Gem ticket as part of the Deluxe package, prior to March 21st.

TaigaUC
Apr 23, 2016, 06:47 PM
Okay, you're right. Confirmed it.
In the February 20th Livestream, 5 hours 44 minutes in, they list the item codes for the Deluxe Package.
SG100 ticket is on that list.

So they had it planned all along.
I'm not sure if that's worse or not.

They keep saying stuff like "we're listening to your opinions", then it turns out they're just doing what they had planned all along.
But when someone figures out a way to easily farm a 13 star or something, BAM! Gotta patch that shit ASAP!
I wonder how many things people requested on the enquete were actually on their secret to-do list from day one.

Anyway sorry for all the incorrect assumptions and so forth.
Edited my previous post with an extra sentence to clarify.
Sleep-deprived again. Going to go get some sleep.

[Ayumi]
Apr 23, 2016, 07:29 PM
Okay, you're right. Confirmed it.
In the February 20th Livestream, 5 hours 44 minutes in, they list the item codes for the Deluxe Package.
SG100 ticket is on that list.

So they had it planned all along.
I'm not sure if that's worse or not.

They keep saying stuff like "we're listening to your opinions", then it turns out they're just doing what they had planned all along.
But when someone figures out a way to easily farm a 13 star or something, BAM! Gotta patch that shit ASAP!
I wonder how many things people requested on the enquete were actually on their secret to-do list from day one.

Anyway sorry for all the incorrect assumptions and so forth.
Edited my previous post with an extra sentence to clarify.
Sleep-deprived again. Going to go get some sleep.

Won't surprise me they make shit annoying only to later "fix" it as their main plan and making it seem they're listening to people.
Still remember how they didn't want to make people buy or sell anything above 10 because "people like the feeling of getting it themselves". Don't recall ever hearing anyone saying that.
Then of course when the shops allow it, you still can't even trade between people even if both have premium... same with team storage.
Oh and of course you still need AC at the very least to buy any of them (premium to get the tickets).

Xaeris
Apr 23, 2016, 07:44 PM
I neither love nor hate star gems at this point. They're just kinda there, for me. But I'd like to point out that the planned existence of star gems prior to Sega's statement that they'd address the gathering stamina complains doesn't prove anything. It's possible that star gems were intended to provide stamina all along and that Sega just took the opportunity to farm easy good will. It's also just as possible that star gems weren't initially intended to buy stamina, but after getting complains, Sega chose to expand their function for the roll out. Personally, I'd say it's the latter simply because it doesn't make sense to tell a lie that's so trivially simple to verify, but I don't dismiss the former outright.

Also, getting star gems from outfits isn't anything like stats on outfits. Stats on outfits are stupid because your fashion decisions are forced and you have to wear an outfit you may not like while playing. Star gems on outfits are...inoffensive, since you can accrue affection offline and wear whatever you like while you're actually playing. It still has problems like being obnoxiously cumbersome, but it doesn't even approach the depths of anti-fun that stats on outfits do.

NightfallG
Apr 23, 2016, 09:30 PM
What kind of dumbfuck bomb got dropped on SEGA HQ?

I leave the game for like a month and everything goes straight to hell, between this and the Returner thing. Damn.

SteveCZ
Apr 23, 2016, 10:29 PM
What kind of dumbfuck bomb got dropped on SEGA HQ?

I leave the game for like a month and everything goes straight to hell, between this and the Returner thing. Damn.

You're just in bad luck, m8. :-(

TaigaUC
Apr 24, 2016, 04:31 AM
@Xaeris
I know that they're different but they're still similar to me.
I'm more concerned about what will happen if they further integrate Star Gems.
You know, as in, if it reaches a situation where a few won't be enough and people will be trying to get as many as possible in a short period.
As in, accumulating them offline won't be enough.

I hope it doesn't reach that point, but just having them in the game is enough reason to worry.
Especially with SEGA's recent track record.
I haven't tried Collection File (not interested) so I don't know how much pressure is on people to use Star Gems to reset those timers.
Collection Files are limited time only, so I know there is some amount of pressure.

I also considered the possibility that Star Gems weren't originally for Gathering, and they decided to attach them to Gathering after.
It'd be especially strange if they planned it for Gathering all along but waited to implement Star Gems later.
That would give the impression that they are not very organized.

Stormwalker
Apr 24, 2016, 12:29 PM
@Xaeris
I know that they're different but they're still similar to me.
I'm more concerned about what will happen if they further integrate Star Gems.
You know, as in, if it reaches a situation where a few won't be enough and people will be trying to get as many as possible in a short period.
As in, accumulating them offline won't be enough.

I hope it doesn't reach that point, but just having them in the game is enough reason to worry.
Especially with SEGA's recent track record.
I haven't tried Collection File (not interested) so I don't know how much pressure is on people to use Star Gems to reset those timers.
Collection Files are limited time only, so I know there is some amount of pressure.

I also considered the possibility that Star Gems weren't originally for Gathering, and they decided to attach them to Gathering after.
It'd be especially strange if they planned it for Gathering all along but waited to implement Star Gems later.
That would give the impression that they are not very organized.

The collection files we have right now have a fairly long time limit and a pretty short cooldown, so not much pressure. Of course, if they give us collection files with a shorter time limit, that would increase the pressure.

sparab
Apr 24, 2016, 12:55 PM
Yamato collect file only lasts 6 weeks and is scheduled only. It is probably going to be a bane for people who don't live in JP time zone.

Cyber Meteor
Apr 24, 2016, 01:23 PM
Currently the only info we got about the Yamato collection files is we're required to defeat Phantom type ennemies but it was never said we had to defeat the Yamato boss to complete it. So i would wait until the collection file become available in-game to say "Yamato collection file is bound to a scheduled-only EQ", sure it comes with it but it doesn't mean it needs that EQ to do it

TaigaUC
Apr 25, 2016, 05:47 AM
I still think PSO2 would be much better if new content was always available instead of being limited time only and only at certain times for 30-60 minutes.