PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Hi folks~

Chiyo_Hoshi
Apr 22, 2016, 12:58 AM
Just got the game on PS4. Been waiting to play this game since it was announce (my laptop isn't power enough) and I'm finally able to play it. I currently have my first character on ship 2 and I'm still learning how to navigate the menus and such, language barrier and all. ^^; Ship 2 is where most of the English speakers are at, right?

Altiea
Apr 22, 2016, 01:18 AM
Just got the game on PS4. Been waiting to play this game since it was announce (my laptop isn't power enough) and I'm finally able to play it. I currently have my first character on ship 2 and I'm still learning how to navigate the menus and such, language barrier and all. ^^; Ship 2 is where most of the English speakers are at, right?

Yup! You'll find the majority of English-speaking of players down at Ship 2, although there are English speakers dispersed throughout all the Ships.

Chiyo_Hoshi
Apr 22, 2016, 10:36 AM
So are there any English speaking guilds I can join?

Vintasticvin
Apr 22, 2016, 12:19 PM
Plenty! But if you come to ship 2 and depending on your tolerance for things you may want to avoid the maingate area and maybe the cafe of B1

Petunia
Apr 22, 2016, 12:37 PM
If you spot me, feel free to any questions you may have.

Chiyo_Hoshi
Apr 22, 2016, 02:48 PM
Plenty! But if you come to ship 2 and depending on your tolerance for things you may want to avoid the maingate area and maybe the cafe of B1

What's wrong with those? Are the Japanese players hostile towards western players or something?

Kondibon
Apr 22, 2016, 03:01 PM
What's wrong with those? Are the Japanese players hostile towards western players or something?Block 1 has a reputation for being full of annoying/obnoxious english players specifically.

Jungo Torii
Apr 22, 2016, 06:11 PM
Block 1 has a reputation for being full of annoying/obnoxious english players specifically.

Yeah. Horrible people like me. Not even once.

Eanie Ilias
Apr 26, 2016, 03:34 AM
Block 1 has a reputation for being full of annoying/obnoxious english players specifically.

what about b20 i thought that was the annoying/obnoxious block.

wefwq
Apr 26, 2016, 03:56 AM
what about b20 i thought that was the annoying/obnoxious block.
B-020 dweller migrated to B-001 now.

Felmyst
Apr 26, 2016, 04:30 AM
Welcome to the game!

Please do not listen to all this debate on going here, OP! I am rather recent myself as well. And as PS4 user we are restricted to console blocks. Which peopld should know since Vita introduced this. Just take your time and go smooth.

The language is a pain but you will find ways to navigate. I recommand you just work on the task counter until you familar yourself more! Makes it much easier as you go!

Rainoffire
Apr 26, 2016, 05:20 AM
And as PS4 user we are restricted to console blocks. Which people should know since Vita introduced this.

The PS4 and PC share all blocks, only the Vita has restricted blocks. The Vita even has 2 exclusive blocks B-101 & 102.
I play on all 3 platforms.

Psychobunni3s
Apr 26, 2016, 05:28 AM
The PS4 and PC share all blocks, only the Vita has restricted blocks. The Vita even has 2 exclusive blocks B-101 & 102.

I confirm this as well. I played on pc, vita, and now currently PS4. PS4 players share blocks with PC and can as well play with vita players by going to the 200's blocks.

Felmyst
Apr 26, 2016, 10:53 AM

This happens to be correct. I was believing myself to console blocks at first on the PS4 when I did got it. It was a lack of attention from my part and misleading information.

I thought so due to appearing on console Blocks the two times I loaded game from PS4! (PC still master race!)

Nulve
Apr 26, 2016, 11:23 AM
Stay away from B01 and B10, and most of all NEVER public chat in the lobby.

SilkaN
Apr 26, 2016, 11:28 AM
Yeah, B01 is so ungrateful to the holy JP master race that even JPs start to spam in that block.

It all makes sense.

lunamaniac
Apr 26, 2016, 11:35 AM
Stay away from B01 and B10, and most of all NEVER public chat in the lobby.

It's basically bad manners, yeah. If you want to be respectful to Japanese players then you can whisper instead.

B1 is pretty scary.

Nulve
Apr 26, 2016, 12:05 PM
It's basically bad manners, yeah. If you want to be respectful to Japanese players then you can whisper instead.

B1 is pretty scary.

Exactly.

If a person Public chats to you, respond and continue the conversation in either Whisper or Party chat.

If you need to have a big group Public chat session, take it to someone's My Room/ Team Room, where I believe up to 12 people or more can enter. Or just use Ventrillo or something.

Where public chat is fine, is mid-mission MPA's, when you want to direct people to someplace (e.g. "E-1: Dark Ragne").

Don't use public chat to showcase chat shortcuts, symbol arts, or auto-words; keep these for Party chat.

I can't speak for Teams, because they have their own etiquette rules.

MightyHarken
Apr 26, 2016, 03:12 PM
LOL, I've been speaking in public chat since I started playing 4 years ago, nothing ever happened to me, so you don't have to be SO cautious to the point where you feel yourself in the need of hiding that you're a dirty gaijin. I'm a manager at a team called Ragol Arks, which is basically a team for PSO1 lovers, most of us dress up in pso1 outfits and a few other cosplay characters like Kireek or Bernie. add me in the game Character name: Harken |°| Player ID: Seigfreed

SteveCZ
Apr 26, 2016, 07:28 PM
Guys, chatting in public is completely fine. Even the natives do that. There is no "respond and continue the conversation to Whisper/Party" bullshit.
If there are any of them complaining, they are just like any player in the world who don't like those who talk in public.

What you mean is you worried on those who chat in public using English in JP only game.

lunamaniac
Apr 26, 2016, 07:50 PM
LOL, I've been speaking in public chat since I started playing 4 years ago, nothing ever happened to me, so you don't have to be SO cautious to the point where you feel yourself in the need of hiding that you're a dirty gaijin. I'm a manager at a team called Ragol Arks, which is basically a team for PSO1 lovers, most of us dress up in pso1 outfits and a few other cosplay characters like Kireek or Bernie. add me in the game Character name: Harken |°| Player ID: Seigfreed

I agree, from what I can tell you don't really face much 'danger' from speaking English openly.

To me it is more about etiquette. I feel sorry for confused JP players who spawn into ship 2 block 1 for the first time.

That said, if someone speaks in English in public chat with no ill intentions then I hold nothing against them.

In the end it comes down to personal choice, and it's not like either option is deliberately harmful (although block 1 has way more problems than just the rampant English).

Selphea
Apr 26, 2016, 08:12 PM
I miss PSUJP where the ship was much bigger and people would actually talk in lobbies because it was easier to find a corner to talk without flooding others' chat.

wefwq
Apr 26, 2016, 10:28 PM
Guys, chatting in public is completely fine. Even the natives do that. There is no "respond and continue the conversation to Whisper/Party" bullshit.
If there are any of them complaining, they are just like any player in the world who don't like those who talk in public.

What you mean is you worried on those who chat in public using English in JP only game.
It's always okay to chat in public but you guys often take it way too far by spamming /toge and symbol arts with sounds (with chance of R-18 stuff for the sake of being LOL SO FUNNY XD).

Etherwolf
Apr 26, 2016, 11:07 PM
It's always okay to chat in public but you guys often take it way too far by spamming /toge and symbol arts with sounds (with chance of R-18 stuff for the sake of being LOL SO FUNNY XD).

You make it seem like the native Japanese players aren't the ones that we got this habit from... :| My first night playing this game a year and so ago was literally nothing but Japanese chat and hentai symbol arts. I haven't been the same since.

From what I can gather regarding this chat, someone is worried that openly speaking English will get you banned because being a Western player is inherently wrong or something. Two issues with that. First, there are Asian players who play Western games and they don't catch heat for it, so I doubt we'd catch heat for playing Asian local games. Second, There are quite a many Japanese players who speak English in the game. There's no real way for them to tell who's who, even if they cared that we're playing the game. It's not like being a Westerner is advantageous or costly to them. We're still paying money for their products, after all.

SteveCZ
Apr 26, 2016, 11:12 PM

Being rude is entirely a different topic.
I'm just saying that everyone CAN talk in public due to an argument saying that people should not talk in public.
Saying people should respond pub chat through whisper/party chat to continue the talk is bullshit.

People can talk in pub as long as they want, as long as they are not rude, why not.
But R-18 SAs and spamming /toge are definitely annoying and rude so yeah of course that's bad. However, that's back to the people itself cause it's very subjective.
I think R-18 SAs are against the rule (might be wrong, didn't really check), but there is no rule about /toge. And no, it's not just English players who do this.

Again, that does not mean people can't or shouldn't talk in pub.

wefwq
Apr 27, 2016, 12:08 AM
You make it seem like the native Japanese players aren't the ones that we got this habit from... :| My first night playing this game a year and so ago was literally nothing but Japanese chat and hentai symbol arts. I haven't been the same since.

From what I can gather regarding this chat, someone is worried that openly speaking English will get you banned because being a Western player is inherently wrong or something. Two issues with that. First, there are Asian players who play Western games and they don't catch heat for it, so I doubt we'd catch heat for playing Asian local games. Second, There are quite a many Japanese players who speak English in the game. There's no real way for them to tell who's who, even if they cared that we're playing the game. It's not like being a Westerner is advantageous or costly to them. We're still paying money for their products, after all.
Every game has those people who are xenophobic, there's nothing new.
You might want to know about old infamous B-020.

Being rude is entirely a different topic.
I'm just saying that everyone CAN talk in public due to an argument saying that people should not talk in public.
Saying people should respond pub chat through whisper/party chat to continue the talk is bullshit.

People can talk in pub as long as they want, as long as they are not rude, why not.
But R-18 SAs and spamming /toge are definitely annoying and rude so yeah of course that's bad. However, that's back to the people itself cause it's very subjective.
I think R-18 SAs are against the rule (might be wrong, didn't really check), but there is no rule about /toge. And no, it's not just English players who do this.

I never said that people are not allowed to talk on public channel, just pointing out that you guys often crossed the line.
Using party/whisp to respond public chat are quite stupid, though if it's only like you and 2 other people why not.
Also there's a reason why block with chat or meetup label do exist.

Nulve
Apr 28, 2016, 12:44 PM

Why should Japanese players be forced to view public foreign conversation on their Japanese game/server, where it even states in the TOS, connections from outside are prohibited? Why should they be made to feel like a foreigner on their own server?

Us Gaijins are not even supposed to be there. We should be towing the line, and being as respectful as possible. We should be thankful we're even allowed to play the game on these particular servers.

We should be behaving in a way that's comfortable for the people the game/ server is intended for. That means keeping non Japanese public chat and bad manners to private areas.