PDA

View Full Version : Sega doing something about returner (new response inside)

Lvl200Mag
Apr 22, 2016, 05:42 AM
Seems as if they are going to do something

http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=8768

Rakurai
Apr 22, 2016, 05:44 AM
They're basically going to temporarily suspend the accounts that were abusing the buyable returner fodder and remove the units while returning the money spent on them.

Ordy
Apr 22, 2016, 05:52 AM
That's what they were supposed to do during the maintenance (;¬_¬)

Atmius
Apr 22, 2016, 06:02 AM
It's a clusterfuck waiting to happen.

Zeroem
Apr 22, 2016, 06:06 AM
Well, all things considered, I still feel sorry for those who already put Returner V or lower into their main gear.

final_attack
Apr 22, 2016, 06:11 AM
On Twitter feed ...... many mistakes from Sega side?
I saw people complaining not buying any Returner (from NPC or player), and still got banned.
Hopefully it's not .....

Petunia
Apr 22, 2016, 06:11 AM
How was this not caught during testing?
Was extended maint for nothing?

And BANNING people for buying the items? What about people who bought them innocently?
Jeezus SEGA, take a couple pointers from Square Enix, specifically YoshiP

Tournesol
Apr 22, 2016, 06:16 AM
so, lots of ppl gets perma-banned today...:
http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up184685.jpg
http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up184683.jpg
http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up184680.jpg
http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up184679.jpg

NoiseHERO
Apr 22, 2016, 06:18 AM
SEGA making history on handling every major update horribly?

At least they didn't destroy drives this time.

wefwq
Apr 22, 2016, 06:25 AM
They're supposed doing it on yesterday maintenance, what are they even doing at yesterday maintenance.
The damage already done and widespread at this point.

Zeroem
Apr 22, 2016, 06:26 AM
SEGA making history on handling every major update horribly?

At least they didn't destroy drives this time.

Or FFXIV files......again.

Xaeris
Apr 22, 2016, 06:27 AM
Well this sounds like it's going to be absolutely harrowing. Like, if you bought Returner II units from someone's shop today, do you get your money back? What if the person selling those units spent that meseta on scratch items today? And about the Returner IIs that already got made into Returner Vs? Do those go poof too?

Holy shit, this gives me a headache.

sol_trigger
Apr 22, 2016, 06:34 AM
give everyone who didn't buy/sell returner 2 100m, problemo solved

Z-0
Apr 22, 2016, 06:36 AM
816 isn't a permanent ban, they're temporarily banning and removing the returner units, while giving back the meseta people spent on them (from the NPC shop).

A bunch of my friends got 816'd today due to having Returner 2 units, who knows if they'll get their account back since filthy gaijin, though.

Aine
Apr 22, 2016, 06:41 AM
According to this article (http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20160422-00000017-isd-game) that includes people who bought them from player shops. No idea what will happen with people who already affixed stuff using them.

Edit: Looks like that line disappeared from the article for some reason.

vbetts
Apr 22, 2016, 07:06 AM
Personally I say let them keep it, Sega already did their damage.

TaigaUC
Apr 22, 2016, 07:39 AM
Can anyone say.... facepalm?

SilkaN
Apr 22, 2016, 07:58 AM
Am I the only one who finds this really funny? :-)

sol_trigger
Apr 22, 2016, 08:03 AM
funny and salty

Azure Falcon
Apr 22, 2016, 08:08 AM
Seriously, all this for a dumb affix? Just swallow your mistake and fix it by making Returner more readily available, Sega.

Aine
Apr 22, 2016, 08:09 AM
fun trivia - you can tell if someone's currently suspended because their player shop doesn't show up if you search for it by player ID

Aine
Apr 22, 2016, 09:20 AM
So people who got suspended are gradually returning (heh) now. I'm curious if any foreigners who got suspended are getting their accounts back.

Shadowth117
Apr 22, 2016, 09:28 AM
I'm sure they are. After all, automatic processes are handled fine generally. What gets to be an issue is stuff where Sega has to do something for you manually.

Atmius
Apr 22, 2016, 09:29 AM
So people who got suspended are gradually returning (heh) now. I'm curious if any foreigners who got suspended are getting their accounts back.

Yep, even gaijins are getting let back in after this particular 816.

arokidaaron
Apr 22, 2016, 09:31 AM
Better than a rollback that would screw unnaffected players. GJ SEGA

Kondibon
Apr 22, 2016, 09:44 AM
This is pretty much what I think they SHOULD do, it's just a matter of whether or not they can do it well. Permanent bans or a rollback would be WAY too extreme for something like this.

I'm a little worried about how this might affect people who bought and used returner on their units not knowing though.

816 isn't a permanent ban, they're temporarily banning and removing the returner units, while giving back the meseta people spent on them (from the NPC shop).

A bunch of my friends got 816'd today due to having Returner 2 units, who knows if they'll get their account back since filthy gaijin, though.This is a weird question, but it's important to my arguments about this going forward. Around how much meseta did you say you make a week again?

Z-0
Apr 22, 2016, 09:47 AM
Well I haven't played recently but when I was actively trying to make meseta, it was around maybe 30-50M a week, give or take.

I'm not someone who markets either, so my gains are far less than someone who plays Visiphone Warrior. It's just about knowing what to do and what to look out for.

Aine
Apr 22, 2016, 09:53 AM
JP players are still angry because they didn't touch the revenue people made from selling the units and any units combined into returner 3+ were safe as well. I think the drama will continue a little longer...

Atmius
Apr 22, 2016, 09:55 AM
Better than a rollback that would screw unnaffected players. GJ SEGA

Actually it's even worse in some ways: those who sold the returner units and got temporarily banned keep the profits and lose any remaining units they had (I don't know if it was limited to that specific unit+affix combo that they were looking for, potentially is).

If it goes like that, with them wanting to remove all of them that are still around, it means those who spent a large sum of money buying out those peoples units for future reasons (be it fodder for new units or for flipping at a later date+higher price) will in turn lose the units AND the money they spent to buy them, at best getting reimbursed for the unit cost.

Bellion
Apr 22, 2016, 10:02 AM
Apparently they didn't remove Returner II units that are in team storage!

TaigaUC
Apr 22, 2016, 10:03 AM
Hahaha.

NephyrisX
Wait, what the hell were they doing yesterday that requires the game to go into maintenance for half a bloody day?

Kondibon
Honestly, the meseta wasn't ADDED to the economy, I doubt people had time to make THAT much, and I doubt that many people were doing it compared the overall population. Even if they had done nothing at all this would have died down in a few days once everyone caught on. This was never sustainable in the long term, the money is going to spread back out anyway.

TaigaUC
Apr 22, 2016, 10:16 AM
The whole situation is just sad.

wefwq
Apr 22, 2016, 10:17 AM
Apparently they didn't remove Returner II units that are in team storage!
hahahaha kek.

hymncz
Apr 22, 2016, 10:25 AM
give everyone who didn't buy/sell returner 2 100m, problemo solved

I know this comment isn't serious, but this is by far one of the worst thing they could do.

SteveCZ
Apr 22, 2016, 10:26 AM
Turn Returner II to +0 all stats, make another affix that is similar to that. problem solved.

#ignore

wefwq
Apr 22, 2016, 10:28 AM
Turn Returner II to +0 all stats, make another affix that is similar to that. problem solved.

#ignore
It'll affect tryhard who tried to get abducted 24/7 and farming it legit, sadly.

SteveCZ
Apr 22, 2016, 10:33 AM
If they really do temporarily banning people, I assume they do it manually, individually.

If it is, hopefully they got a one click db query to handle it, lol. Overtime work~

Shadowstarkirby
Apr 22, 2016, 11:18 AM
Should've just put it back in shop, it wouldn't have even been an issue. I doubt a lot of people even knew Returner existed before this fiasco cause getting it is shitty and making it usable is even shittier.

If not that, just have it drop from specific rare enemies or something like that, but whatever, you do you Sega.

Sirius-91
Apr 22, 2016, 01:19 PM
Should've just put it back in shop, it wouldn't have even been an issue. I doubt a lot of people even knew Returner existed before this fiasco cause getting it is shitty and making it usable is even shittier.

If not that, just have it drop from specific rare enemies or something like that, but whatever, you do you Sega.

Returner was an Abduction reward.

Shadowstarkirby
Apr 22, 2016, 02:17 PM
Returner was an Abduction reward.

Already knew that, what I'm saying is that little to no one actually farmed for it because getting it is not only obscure, it's just a pain in the ass to even attempt working with. In the entirety of the time I've played, I've never seen one person ever have Returner on their gear.

TaigaUC
Apr 22, 2016, 02:32 PM
A few months ago, I had 6 Returners so I made them into Returner 2s and tried to sell them.
I think it cost more to combine them than I got for selling them. If I managed to sell them. I don't remember clearly.
I may have scrapped them after waiting forever with nobody buying them despite the low price.

EspeonageTieler
Apr 22, 2016, 03:26 PM
classic sega.

I'm curious are all japanese companies/devs this incompetent?

really makes me appreciate blizzard and riot alot more

Sirius-91
Apr 22, 2016, 04:02 PM
classic sega.

Just SEGA.

Other JP companies will actually go the extra mile so they never see this again.

SEGA will do shortcuts and short term solutions to tackle a long term problem.

Gaylar
Apr 22, 2016, 04:15 PM
Just SEGA.

Other JP companies will actually go the extra mile so they never see this again.

SEGA will do shortcuts and short term solutions to tackle a long term problem.

Essentially the Japanese equivalent of Nexon NA.

Though I think even Nexon's NA branch has been doing better than them in recent years. Don't quote me on that.

Xaeris
Apr 22, 2016, 04:29 PM
This isn't unique to Sega. If we're limiting to JP companies, then Square Enix, way back in the day of FFXI, went pretty much scorched earth in regards to an exploit that allowed players to abuse the vendor and create gil from easily obtained trash.

And in regard to Blizzard, they take just as dim a view. In the final tier of Cataclysm, the Raid finder could be abused to get extra loot from bosses. That was exploited by top end guilds to give themselves an edge in the progression race, and Blizzard responded with suspensions.

History says, developers hold players responsible for being able to recognize exploits.

untrustful
Apr 22, 2016, 04:36 PM
History says, developers hold players responsible for being able to recognize exploits.

Well I say history has a liberal bias so it can't be trusted!

[Ayumi]
Apr 22, 2016, 05:37 PM
Am I the only one who finds this really funny? :-)

I find it very funny.
The whole thing from the beginning seems like a joke.
I lost a bonus ticket because of it, but it's worth it for the laughs this bullshit gave me.

TaigaUC
Apr 22, 2016, 06:07 PM
I didn't comment on whether other JP MMO companies suck as much because I couldn't think of any.
Forgot about Squenix sucking. Oh, and Pangya's Gamepot were incompetent too.
There were some times where everyone used to constantly disconnect with errors.
Fun times.

I find it funny that SEGA just keeps digging themselves into a deeper hole.

Keilyn
Apr 22, 2016, 06:22 PM
classic sega.

Companies not only hold players responsible for their mess ups, they expect the players to pay for their messes too.

I think my favorite from SEGA was the transition from PSU to PSO2.

They killed their own game for an Independence Day release of PSO2 in 2012 and then after the many players cried for losing their 1000s upon 1000s of dollars of money wasted in GC, they still played PSO2. Then a short time later hacking and cheating was reported so SEGA public relations said "Oh it MUST be foreigners, since Japanese people never cheat in games or anything." Then the companies said "oh yeah, even though you foreigners gave us your money, we will change the Terms of Service to state that this game is for JAPAN-USE only and that we aren't supporting foreigners...."

Dammy
Apr 24, 2016, 02:57 AM
^ and thats why most of the world hates murricans

Asellus
Nov 1, 2016, 01:58 AM
http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab271/ChimeraFO/pso20161101_012734_000.png (http://s871.photobucket.com/user/ChimeraFO/media/pso20161101_012734_000.png.html)

Sweet holy crap. Homeboy had 190 T-ATK with that affix. Hax?

milranduil
Nov 1, 2016, 02:51 AM
http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab271/ChimeraFO/pso20161101_012734_000.png (http://s871.photobucket.com/user/ChimeraFO/media/pso20161101_012734_000.png.html)

Sweet holy crap. Homeboy had 190 T-ATK with that affix. Hax?

mfw when people claim 190 atk is a hack... ZzZzZzZz nice necro

Keilyn
Nov 1, 2016, 03:47 AM
mfw when people claim 190 atk is a hack... ZzZzZzZz nice necro

What people actually forget is that one can use timed abilities to increase even more in power where they play the most. This person can have 190 Attack Power and easily push it to +225 - 230.