PDA

View Full Version : A few questions for PS4 players.

munekun
Apr 25, 2016, 01:47 AM
I have a few questions for those of you who play on the PS4 that I've been unable to find the answers to elsewhere- Firstly, Has anyone found out a decent way of searching for stuff on the visiphone on the PS4 since simple copy and pasting doesn't work, I've been able to copy the text but you aren't able to paste It when searching for some reason. [This Is only with a controller I haven't tested this with a keyboard just yet] Secondly In the Item/costume preview menu on the PC I was able to drag It to be much bigger to see the item/costume more clearly and I'm able to do this on PS4 with a mouse but It doesn't seem to save It like It does on the pc so I'm constantly having to change It each time I exit, Is there any way of fixing this? I appreciate any answers.
Edit- I tested a keyboard and It also doesn't allow you to paste text so simply copying and pasting the Japanese name doesn't work.

Psychobunni3s
Apr 25, 2016, 05:19 AM
I have a few questions for those of you who play on the PS4 that I've been unable to find the answers to elsewhere- Firstly, Has anyone found out a decent way of searching for stuff on the visiphone on the PS4 since simple copy and pasting doesn't work, I've been able to copy the text but you aren't able to paste It when searching for some reason. [This Is only with a controller I haven't tested this with a keyboard just yet] Secondly In the Item/costume preview menu on the PC I was able to drag It to be much bigger to see the item/costume more clearly and I'm able to do this on PS4 with a mouse but It doesn't seem to save It like It does on the pc so I'm constantly having to change It each time I exit, Is there any way of fixing this? I appreciate any answers.
Edit- I tested a keyboard and It also doesn't allow you to paste text so simply copying and pasting the Japanese name doesn't work.

I don't know about the costume preview but for the an alternative I've heard for searching things on the visiphone is by using a cellphone for remote play with the PSstore app to copy and paste things into the visiphone. I have yet to try it myself but I figured it was worth mentioning.

Icis
Apr 26, 2016, 10:52 PM
I type the item names in with the PS4 keyboard.

munekun
Apr 27, 2016, 01:11 AM
I type the item names in with the PS4 keyboard.
I try that to a point but I can only get so far with very little knowledge of being able to read or write Japanese.

Altiea
Apr 27, 2016, 01:12 AM
I try that to a point but I can only get so far with very little knowledge of being able to read or write It.

If you have a cellphone, use the Google Translate app to get the romaji pronunciations of Japanese words, then use a romaji keyboard on the PS4 to get the desired output.

munekun
Apr 27, 2016, 01:18 AM
If you have a cellphone, use the Google Translate app to get the romaji pronunciations of Japanese words, then use a romaji keyboard on the PS4 to get the desired output.
That's actually what I'm currently doing minus the cellphone, I just translate the Item names on google translate and It works but I was hoping there was a simpler way. I find It annoying mainly as anytime I'd like to look up an Item I have to run upstairs to my computer unless It's name Is very simple, lol.

NekoUltima
Apr 27, 2016, 10:56 AM
What region PSN account does everyone here play on? JP? or any other foreign PSN?.

Code-red
Apr 27, 2016, 11:44 AM
I have to use my JPN psn to play since I downloaded the game. But did anyone figure out if there is a setting to toggle the lock on instead of having to hold down L1?

Ranmo
Apr 27, 2016, 12:01 PM
I just set my physical keyboard from English to Japanese with the romanji typing setting(Playstation setting, not in game). What I type out comes out in hiragana, I hit space a few times and then its in katakana. Done.

If you need help with romanji pronunciations it might be a bit more tricky, but doable.

Sara-hime
Apr 27, 2016, 07:24 PM
I set my PS4 to have both English and Japanese keyboards, and while on the Japanese keyboard, at least on mine, you can toggle between English or Japanese by pressing alt + '. To turn your typed text into Kana (it'll be highlighted till you hit Enter), just hit F7.

CocoCrispy
Apr 27, 2016, 10:54 PM
I have to use my JPN psn to play since I downloaded the game. But did anyone figure out if there is a setting to toggle the lock on instead of having to hold down L1?

It's there under settings along with the ability to switch between 2 button and 3 button layout. I might post a pic of it whenevs I log in.

Edit: Here ya go. I mostly copied the stuff from the english patch. x3 I hope you like paint. I plan on making more for the other settings for my own personal use later.

Basic Settings
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/pJLcfxa.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Action Type
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/HvU9XQI.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Code-red
Apr 28, 2016, 07:52 AM
It's there under settings along with the ability to switch between 2 button and 3 button layout. I might post a pic of it whenevs I log in.

Edit: Here ya go. I mostly copied the stuff from the english patch. x3 I hope you like paint. I plan on making more for the other settings for my own personal use later.

Basic Settings
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/pJLcfxa.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Action Type
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/HvU9XQI.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

oh I was on a three button layout instead of the standard two button by default. I was wondering why I had to set a button for the gunner's dodge ability when i first started this game on the PS4. Thanks for your help and providing screenshots for the settings.

dooby613
Apr 28, 2016, 08:28 AM
I am wanting to play it on ps4 and I don't really want to create a Japanese PSN. On the Vita I was able to have a Japanese PSN and download the game for free but if I had the physical game I could stay on my NA PSN and play anyways. Is this possible? Does anyone know yet?

Altiea
Apr 28, 2016, 02:23 PM
I am wanting to play it on ps4 and I don't really want to create a Japanese PSN. On the Vita I was able to have a Japanese PSN and download the game for free but if I had the physical game I could stay on my NA PSN and play anyways. Is this possible? Does anyone know yet?

It's possible to use any region PSN account if you own the physical version. You just need to, well, buy the physical version.

Sara-hime
Apr 28, 2016, 04:47 PM

This is true, but you already linked your Sega ID to your JP PSN with the Vita version, so might as well use that, unless you want to start fresh.

Rainoffire
Apr 28, 2016, 07:37 PM

I am using my NA PSN on my PS4 to play PSO2.
My JPN account just downloads the game, then I switch over to my NA PSN to play.
My Sega ID was already linked to my NA PSN, so I did not have to much to log in.
I even played the Closed Beta with my NA PSN.

You can play on any region PSN, without the need for the disc.
Just need a JPN account to download the game. The PS4 can have multiple users, so it should not be a problem.

Note* Non-JPN PSN accounts cannot purchase AC through PSN.